Chosen One: The Last Horcrux...

By ezeywolf27

[Y/N] [Y/L/N]-Riddle, the daughter of a wizard everybody feared known as Voldemort. Switching schools for the... More

A Letter from Hogwarts
Prologue: The Chamber of Secrets
«Chapter I»
«Chapter II»
«Chapter III»
«Chapter IV»
«Chapter V»
«Chapter VI: Prisoner of Azkaban»
«Chapter VII»
«Chapter VIII»
«Chapter IX»
«Chapter X»
«Chapter XI»
«Chapter XII»
«Chapter XIII»
«Chapter XIV»
«Chapter XV»
«Chapter XVI»
«Chapter XVII»
«Chapter XVIII»
«Chapter XIX»
«Chapter XX»
«Chapter XXI»
«Chapter XXII: Goblet of Fire »
«Chapter XXIII»
«Chapter XXIV»
«Chapter XXV»
«Chapter XXVI»
«Chapter XXVII»
«Chapter XXVIII»
«Chapter XXIX»
«Chapter XXX»
«Chapter XXXII»
«Chapter XXXIII»
«Chapter XXXIV»
«Chapter XXXV»
«Chapter XXXVI»
«Chapter XXXVII»

«Chapter XXXI»

4.9K 279 81
By ezeywolf27

I don't know if I'm okay with this filler chapter :(

"I'm really sorry about your wand." A door closes behind as you and Zach step out of the store and into the busy streets of Hogsmead.

Zach shakes his head indignantly, digging through a paperbag hanging on his injured arm. "It's not your fault the ministry failed to recognise their incompetence."

After your meeting with the Headmaster, you met up with Zach as planned, from there the two of you would go to where your uncle instructed for you to be. At the store you told your bestfriend the situation about his wand, suffice to say he wasn't all too happy to hear the ministry's decision.

"Still, I used your wand..." Lips pursing, you take the socks Zach bought, that you asked him to. "You wouldn't be included into this mess if I-"

"If you didn't we'd be dead by now." The boy points out. "I don't understand how the heck the ministry can't even think of that being a reason if you were ever the one who killed the merman."

You contemplatively stare at the soft object in your hand, squeezing it briefly then switching your gaze up to the bright sky. "I sense the extent of your anger, this isn't only about me, is it?"

His jaw clenches as he exhales out of his nostrils. "I don't believe that the ministry of sports and games were robbed, there's more to that. Fudge just won't tell the truth."

You faced away. "You think my father had something to do with it?" Staring at the horizon, you follow the trail leading on the end of the town road with Zach in tow. The boy was silent for a few seconds, but before he could reply you speak again. "Don't worry, I was assuming the same."

"Sorry.."

"Don't be," You cast a quick grin. "I shouldn't have said what I said earlier...your dad acted a great father to me than my real father ever had. So I understand what you're feeling."

A beaming smile appeared on the boys face, he swings an arm around your shoulder. "Forget it. Let's talk about you and Granger, what's the status?"

You shrug, stating plainly. "Nothing."

"Dang, Fleur really got under her skin huh?"

"Don't know what you're talking about." You kick a stone and watch it roll forward.

"Yeah, act like it doesn't matter." He snorts. "But clearly I know it's bothering you without her around."

You fall silent, Zach almost thought you weren't going to talk, but after a short moment you sigh. "Why can't she just see that she has all of my attention," Shoulder slumping. "Haven't I assure her enough? Done, even."

"When girl's get jealous, not all of them, they forget everything." There was a hint of amusement in his voice. "Like what you did to Krum, oh boy, the look on his face when you pushed him away from Granger."

"He got too close to my liking." You grumble darkly, walking toward the foot of the moutain at the edge of the town.

"Besides Krum, saw witch weekly magazine?" You reply with a nod. "What'd you think?"

How could you not see it? When a bunch of fourth years going around the common room complaining the magazines daily news: Miss Granger, an ambitious, devious, muggle-born who had a taste of famous wizards, that Harry alone cannot satisfy. According to the entry, since the arrival of bulgarian champion, the World Quidditch Cup hero was smitten by Miss Granger, and he has already invited her to visit Bulgaria over the summer holidays.

When you read the issue you almost burst out of laughing, typical Viktor, you would be lying if you didn't say that he told the same to you as well; wanting you to visit him in his home country. To which you declined a thousand times.

"What do you what me to think?" You turn to him.

"Nothing sinister, I'm...suprised that you're not throwing a fit." He admits. "They are talking about Hermione and Krum."

"Granger wouldn't want me to believe it," Frowning, you and Zach stop on your tracks to look around. "I mean, we've already fought about similar issues, and I trust her....even though...you know, things are still not clear between us."

"It'll be fine, I swear, she feels the same." Zach stated certainly. "It's straight up obvious, Harry even think so."

"Talking about me and Granger behind our backs huh?"

Zach scoffs. "Harry asked me if you've got something to do with Hermione being in a bad mood days ago, came in their common room like an angry puffskein."

"No clue what's that about." Turning to a corner spotting a stile at the end of the lane, instantly you see a shaggy black furred, large dog with a newspaper on its mouth.

"Is that your uncles pet?" Zach whispers, tensed, half of his body hiding behind you.

"No you buffoon," Reaching the animagus, Sirius lunged at the paperbag on Zach's arm, making the boy freeze, sniffing the contents while his tail wagged. "This is my uncle, Sirius."

A sweat dripped down on Zach's temple. "H-hello, sir." He squeakes.

Sirius huffs in acknowledgement, plopping down to sit then gazes away to the trail where you came from. You and Zach copied him, assuming that he's waiting. Not longer at your arrival, you see three familiar figures rounding the corner. Feeling a stare at the side of your face, you elbowed your bestfriend.

After grunting, he smirks mischievously. "Look who's here."

Your eye's rolled at him.

"Y/N, Zach," Harry smiles before greeting your uncle, Weasley waves at the two of you while Hermione had her arms crossed against her chest, gaze towards Sirius, avoiding to meet your eyes.

All of you followed Sirius that began to trot away, climbing over the stiles and crossing a scrubby patch of ground connecting to the rocky foot of the mountain. The ground shift into boulders and rocks, making it harder for you to catch up to your uncle as it was easy for him due to his four paws. Ascending higher up to the mountain itself, after all the steep, windy, and stony climb for nearly half an hour while trailing Sirius's wagging tail, he made a sharp turn and out of sight. When you reach to where he disappeared to you find yourselves entering a cooly dim lit cave past a narrow fissure.

There was a rope tied around a large rock, at the other end of it was half gray horse and half giant eagle with fierce orange eyes. Besides you, everyone bowed low to Buckbeak, you look at them with furrowed brows, denying to do the same. You refuse to bow to a creature, you already did it once for educational purposes, you were not going to do that again.

A disapproving were cast your way, for the first time since you were all together Hermione finally looks at you, though you wished it wasn't a glare.

"What?" She frowns, jerking her head to the side, signaling you. "No."

Her glare deepen. If you don't move, Buckbeak wouldn't too.

"Fine." You lower down like the others, feeling that you're held against your will, holding it for a couple of seconds before you see Buckbeak bend his scaley front knees.

Hermione rushes forward, putting a hand on the hipogriff's neck and stroke its feathers.

There was a nudge on your side, ripping off the smile on your lips that you didn't notice stretched. "You look like a hopelessly lost, but in love, puppy."

"No I don't. Shut up Zach." You hiss.

Your attention switched to your uncle who emerges from where he disappeared to, black dog now transformed back to your uncle, he look really thin than he was before when you last saw him.

Zach awed, astonished. "An Animagus?"

Eyeing him quizically. "What happened to you?" You watch him rummage through the bags you and Harry brought for him, picking up the discarded newspaper he had been carrying. He exclaim in joy when he found a chicken in one of the bags it.

"Been hiding here in Hogsmeade for a couple of weeks," Sirius tears off a large chuck of meat on a drumstick he took, sitting on the floor while grinning up. "Living off with rats mostly, can't steal too much food at Hogsmeade, I'd draw attention to myself."

You and Harry shared a look, a shadow of disgust scrunched on your nose and Harry reluctantly smiled at him. "What're you doing here, Sirius?"

"Fulfilling my duty as a godfather-"

You unfold the newspaper and scan two screaming headline of Daily Prophet, Weasely and Zach reading over your shoulders. Mysterious illness of Bartemius Crouch, the second: Witch still missing- Minister of Magic now personally involved.

Tilting the paper closer, you squint an eye, skimming the story about Crouch: Hasn't seen in public since November....house appear deserted...St. Mungo's hospital for Magical Maladies and injuries decline comment...Ministry refuse to confirm rumors of critical illness.

Tapping Harry's shoulder to get his attention, you hand him the newspaper. "They're making it sound like he's dying," said Harry slowly. "But he can't be ill if he managed to get up here."

"My brother's Crouch's assistant," Ron informs. "He says Crouch suffering from overwork."

"Mind you, he did look ill when I last saw him up close." Harry still reads the newspaper. "The night my name came out of the goblet."

"Getting his comeuppance for sacking Winky, isn't he?" Hermione said, there was an edge in her voice. She was petting Buckbeak, who was crunching up Sirius's chicken bones. "I bet he wished he hadn't done it now- bet he feels the difference now she's not there to look after him."

You carefully listen to her, unaware of this information.

"Hermione's obsessed with house-elfs." Ron muttered to Sirius, casting Hermione a dark look. Your uncle however, looked interested.

You scratch the tip pf your chin, asking. "Crouch sacked his house-elf?"

"Yeah, at the Quidditch World Cup," replied Harry, then he launches the story of the Dark Mark's appearance-which is the only thing you witnessed- and Winky being found with Harry's wand clutched in her hand, and Mr. Crouch's fury.

When Harry finished, you were deep in your thoughts, assessing the story and come up with possibilities. You find it suspicious. So Harry had lost his wand that day, and who was this man they were talking about, what does he look like. You've had a fair share of seeing strange people at the upper box, though this suspicious man wasn't even there. In spite of what Harry told in conviction, there was a tug of doubt in your gut.

Sirius paced all around the cave in silence, he then pauses. "Harry, did you check your pockets for your wand after you had left the top box?"

The boy drags a grunt, thinking hard. "No..I didn't need to use it until we got into the forest, and then I put my hand in my pocket all that was in there was my omniovulars." He stares at Sirius. "Are you saying whoever conjured the dark mark stole my wand in the top box?"

"Possible." You mumble contemplatively.

"Winky didn't steal that wand!" Hermione insisted.

"The elf wasn't the only one in that box," stated Sirius, brows still furrowed. " Who else was sitting behind you?"

"Loads of people." Harry shrugs. "Some Bulgarian ministers...Cornelius Fudge... the Malfoys."

"The Malfoys!" said Weasely suddenly, his voice were loud that it ring all around the cave, that Buckbeak ducked his head nervously. "I bet it was Lucious Malfoy!"

"Anyone else?" Sirius prompts.

Still unsure of memory, Harry anwers. "No one..."

So the Malfoy's were there, interesting, you never saw him when you were at the opposite side of the top box. And to mention, your father's followers had been silent for quite some time now, besides the incident back the the Quidditch World Cup, you've never seen death eaters roaming around Hogsmead. Even if they don't make themselves known you would easily spot them a mile away.

Just like the headmaster of Viktor's school. That man hated your guts when you were at Durmstang.

"-its more likely that he did it than Winky!" Hermione exlaims stubbornly.

"Told you so," Weasely look meaningfully to Sirius, your face contorting anger. "Told you she's obsessed with-"

"Hey!" You snapped, fist clench, the boy was beginning to get on your nerves. Hermione's too good to her friends to let this insufferable fool insult her, if she doesn't want to fight back you would gladly much do it for her.

Zach yanks you back when you advance toward the boy. "Hold it there."

You turn your head to him. "Let go of me you buffo-"

"Y/N, don't." Hermione's voice was stern.

Sirius hand raised, silencing everyone. "When the Dark Mark had been conjured, and the elf had been discovered holding Harry's wand, what did Crouch do?"

Harry was reluctant to move his gaze away from you and Ron, afraid that the two of you would fight. "He went to look in the bushes, but there wasn't anyone else there."

"Of course," muttered Sirius, pacing back and forth. "Of course he'd pin it to anyone else than his elf...and then he sacked her?"

"Yes! He sacked her just because she hadn't stayed in her tent and let herself get trample-"

Ron cuts her off. "Hermione, will you give it a rest with the elf!"

Zach's arms tightened around you, while Hermione slapped a hand on your mouth, knowing you would say something.

"She's got the measure of Crouch better than you have, Ron. If you want to know what man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

You glared at Weasely, seeing his face red in embarrassment after what your uncle had said.

Take that you Weasel! You yell in your head, being that you were clearly immobilised because of Zach and Hermione.

Sirius ran a hand over his unshaven face, evidently thinking hard. "All these absence of Barty Crouch...he goes to trouble to make use of his house elf saving him a seat at the Quidditch World Cup, but doesn't bother to turn up and watch."

You successfully yank your arms away from Zach and gently pulled Hermione's wrist down to uncover you mouth. "What if he wasn't the who was to be up there."

Sirius pauses, eyeing you curiously. "Continue."

Glancing at Zach, who quirked a brow at you, able to get what you're thinking. "You already said it yourself, why go to trouble...and why waste a perfectly good seat just to miss it."

You contemplatively gaze down to Hermione's hand in your own. "A true Quidditch fan would undoubtedly be there to enjoy the game." Turning towards your uncle. "That man, Crouch, do you know him?"

"A bit, but not personally."

You nod. "Is he a quidditch fan?"

"I don't think a busy man would have the time to enjoy a game of it." Sirius thinks for a moment. "You may have a point."

"I'd say its the Malfoys," pressed Ron. "Lucious could be the one who done it."

"Why steal Harry's wand?" You counter. "He could have just made the mark with his own. Why would he frame Harry if people already know that Voldemort's after him."

There was a faint gasp at the mentioned name.

"If it's not Harry then who do you think was to be at the upper box besides Crouch?" Ron rebuts.

You were now eye to eye with Ron, glaring at each other that the atmosphere in the cave thickened. He is right about that, you won't admit that of course, there was clearly a hole in your speculation, but so does his. If only you know more about the man you would probably know the answer to his question.

Hermione steps in between to seperate you and Ron, while Zach drags you back and Harry pulls the ginger head away. Meanwhile Sirius was still pondering to himself, oblivious to the growing aggravation.

"Crouch works very hard to reinstate the Tri Wizard Tournament and then stops coming up to that too," said Sirius thoughtfully. "It's not like Crouch. If he's ever taken a day off work because of his illness before this, I'll eat Buckbeak."

Zach gulps, pitifully looking to the magical creature. "I don't suppose you'd really do that?"

"Have you met him?" asked Harry.

Your uncles face darkened. He suddenly looked as menacing as he had the night when you first met him, the night when everyone still believed Sirius was a murderer.

"Oh, I met Crouch alright," There was a hint of displeasure in his tone. "He was the one who gave the order for me to be sent in Azkaban- without a trial."

"What?" Zach, Ron and Hermione choired.

"You're kidding!" exclaim Harry.

Sirius takes a large bite of chicken. "Crouch used to be Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, didn't you know?"

You all shake your heads.

Sirius began to tell everyone about Crouch. He was about to be the Minister of Magic. Said he was power hungry, hated the Dark Side and never a Voldemort supporter. Back then, amidst the fear of wizards being terrorised by Voldemort's followers; from wizards disappearances and deaths, to Muggles panic and confusion. Terror was everywhere because of the Dark Side, and that was the time Crouch rose to implement his principles- that was only good in the beginning.

He ordered harsh measures against Voldemort's supporters, giving new power to the Auror's, a power to kill in an instance rather than capture. Crouch fought violence with violence and authorised the use of unforgivable curses against suspects. He became ruthless, he had his own set of followers that believed his ways and there were a lot of witch and wizards wanting him to be the Minister of Magic.

"Why didn't he become one?" You ask. Given what the ministry is now, your experiences of their accusations, you wonder what the ministry would be under Crouch's implementations. Is it going to be twice worst that he had already done during his Head of Department of Magical Law enforcement?

"It was only then after Voldemort's disappeared he'd get the top job....but something unfortunate happened." There was a grim smile on Sirius's face. "His son was caught with a group of Death Eater's, who'd managed to talk their way out of Azkaban."

"They're searching to return him to power?" You mumble coherently, gazing down the floor, pertaining to your father.

Not knowing why, you feel disappointed at yourself finding out things more about your father since you arrived in Hogwarts- when you got involved with Harry and his friends. All those years you've been kept under the dark by his followers and they were guarding you for your father's sake, with years of them convincing you to follow his orders.

It was maybe about your morals or the nagging feeling at the back of your head that you always reject their proposal and refuse to partake in whatever his plans may be.

Now, in this moment, you regret nothing. Having this new information about what he did, the killings and manipulating. The only reason that kept you from guiltless is that since the first offer your father's followers had listed to you still wanted out.

Hermione squeezes you hand-which confused you- before turning to ask Sirius. "Crouch has a son?"

Sirius throws his chicken bone to Buckbeak then tearing half of the bread beside him. "Yes, nasty little old shock for Barty, I'd imagine. Should've spent more time at home with his family shouldn't he? To get to know his son..."

"Was his son...a Death Eater?"

Sirius replies to Zach's question, after gulping the bread he stuffed in his mouth. "No idea. I was in Azkaban as well when he was brought in. This is mostly the stuff I've found out when he was brought in. The boy was definitely caught in the company of people I'd bet my life as Death eaters- but he might have been in a wrong place at a wrong time, just like the house-elf."

While absentmindedly watching your uncle finish his food, you listen to him carefully as he continues his story, not wanting to miss out on any information you might use. So Crouch didn't left any ties with his son and sent him (his own blood) to Azkaban, the boy was lucky enough that he had his trial stretched than Sirius had experienced. Actually, he's fortunate enough that he had the trial. Although that still wasn't good news either, you feel as though it wasn't only much more than an excuse for Crouch to express his hate to his own son. You'd bet anything Crouch didn't think of him as a son at how dedicated he is in despising the Dark Side.

To think when all of what happened this past couple of days, how come no one mentioned his son.

Wait. You blink in realisation. Connecting your speculation to his son. If the boy is still in Azkaban then-

"The boy died a year later after he was brought in." stated Sirius.

"Shit." Hermione pinches the skin on your ribs. "Ouch! What was that for?" But you already know the answer.

The discussion about Crouch and the dark wizards progressed, your uncle lets out every thing he knows about Crouch and his son. Though it was still infallible, for you, there is still more needed to uncover.

Nearing the end Harry even shared about Snape and Karkaroff, the worried Durmstrang headmaster kept bugging your head of the house. You weren't all but silent at that moment of conversation, you know more about the two than any of them, including Sirius. If only telling them the truth wouldn't cause any trouble between you and the three Gryffindor's, its impossible they'd understand why you keep them in the shadows.

The truth of you being Voldemort's daughter.

Your father killed Harry's parents, and judging by what the boy's reaction back then when he still thought Sirius betrayed his parents, he wouldn't dare to think first and act impulsively.

Before you all know it, it was already three o'clock in the afternoon. Sirius turns to you and Harry, particularly at the boy. "Now listen, I don't want you two sneaking out of school to see me alright?-" You were right, it was for Harry.

"Just send notes to me here, I still want to hear anything odd. But you're not to go leave Hogwarts without permission; it would an ideal opportunity for someone to attack the two of you."

Regretful gaze faling to the floor, you wouldn't be physically harm even a bit as your fathers followers had said.

"No one tried to attack me so far, except dragons and a couple of grindylows at the tournament." Harry jest but Sirius scowled at him as the animagus rose back to his feet.

"Speaking of the tournament," He turns to Zach, studying the boys limp arm sling across his chest. "How're you feeling?"

"Great... I guess?.." Your bestfriend replied uncertainly.

Harry rest his hand on his hips. "You still in the tournament?"

"Heck yeah!" Zach grins and you cocked a brow at him. "-if my injury heals." He rephrase.

"We made a deal," You told Sirius. "If his arm gets better before the tournament, he'll continue."

Zach interjects. "I'm sure I'll be in the tournament. The only problem though is that the ministry has my wand."

Your body tenses while Hermione's clutch on your hand tightens. "Really? What happened?" Sirius inquires.

Everyone's gaze-except your uncles- lands on you. Your head slightly tilt down from the unwanted attention, lips pursing. "I uh..well...the ministry thought- insist I killed one of the merpeople."

"Did you do it?"

Taken aback from your uncles question, you stare at him, lips open and closing."I didn't-" You shaken your head. "I'm not.."

"Answer me, Y/N, did you?" Sirius repeats again, this time his voice was low and deep, threatening.

Flare erupted in your chest, eyes squinting at his tone, you glared at your uncle. "Of course not! How dare you assume."

There was a long pause hanging in the air in a suffocating silence. Sirius lips curl, the line eminent within his surrounding beard. Your brows furrowed at his reaction at the quick change of emotion. Was he testing you?

"The thing I learned when facing the ministry is that never hesitate to answer a question," He advised. "Unless you want to be found guilty, that is."

Averting your face away with a deep frown, anger slowly wavering, you grumble. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Anyways, I won't be taking enough break until the tournaments ends knowing you two are safe. And don't forget, if you're talking about me amongst yourselves, call me snuffles okay?" Everyone prepared to leave, Sirius hands Harry an empty napkin an Flask before patting Buckbeak good-bye.

"I'll walk to the edge of the village with you, see if I can scrounge another paper."

Hermione takes a step forward but was jerk back by your hand intertwined firmly on hers. She turns her head and already sees you staring at her. "What?"

Zach followed the others, when he finds two missing heads he stops by the entrance to check. Your gazes connect and you nod your head to him, signaling him to continue. As though your minds were connected, he understands and exited the cave not without throwing you a smirk.

Eyes switching back to the Gryffindor. "Talking to me now, eh? What's the matter, Granger?"

"What're you talking about?" She tries to eacape your grip, yet you refuse to relent.

"You were avoiding me."

"No I don't."

"Yes you were," You pull her closer, her body mere inches away from yours. "Did I do something wrong?"

Hermione's face heat up at the close proximity, she averted her gaze, not wanting to see your pleading eyes. She purses her lips, regretting that she had caught a glimpse of your expression that made the inside of her chest twist. Her lips parted, about to admit but then as she blinks she was reminded of the scene unraveled in front of her back the the infirmary. That short memory was all it takes to make her face harden.

"Stop it," She wrenches herself from your grip. "Just stop, stop toying with me."

Your face scrunch, slightly crossed. "What are you saying? 'Mione if this about Fle-"

"Fleur. When were you going to tell me about her, Y/N?" She crosses her arms. "One moment you try to sway me with your words, then the next you're all over Fleur, your girlfriend."

"You don't understand, Fleur is not my girlfriend," You stop abruptly, thinking over your words. "She's somewhat important to me-"

"Girlfriend, thats what." She corrects, backing away. "You lied to me about who she is, I hate liers."

The last set of words made you freeze on the spot, disabling you to defend yourself anymore. I hate liers. I hate liers. I hate liers. It echoed in your mind repeatedly, reeling you into an oblivion while your heart gripped as though fingers are around it. Standing there stunned, you watch Hermione escape you clutch and turn away and march out of the cave, her furious pound of footsteps reverberating on the stone walls.

You were right, you really can't tell them the truth at all.

Unedited.

What do you lovelies think about this
chapter?

Follow me:
insta: riee. aigle27

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 165 49
A Harry Potter Fanfiction. Athens Riddle. Daughter of Tom Riddle, aka Lord Voldemort. She hates her father and is very open to everyone who knows. S...
1.8K 107 32
We follow the story of a young witch named Y/N, who arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. L...
81K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...
201K 7.5K 27
Theodora Riddle. A normal girl, with a seemingly normal name...or so it would seem. When little Theodora gets a visit from a strange man in even str...