n o v a (incomplete)

By a_soft_bun

nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unortho... More

disclaimer/trigger warning
i n t r o
second account info
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
bRo

t w e l v e

3.2K 177 47
By a_soft_bun

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e l v e 

"You didn't kiss?" Kelsey's tone is deadpanned, the blonde crossing her arms over the white tee she was to sleep in, material grazing her upper thighs.

Nova cuts her eyes at her, leaning over and turning the tap on, waiting for the water to warm up.

They were both currently in Nova's bathroom, the clock just hitting midnight. Nova had been home a little while, and after sorting her pa out – who now had peacefully fallen asleep in his room- and getting changed, she was dealing with the tabby who finally decided to move in with her.

Kelsey had called as she was doing this and pulled up a little later.

The dark-haired female puts the plug into the tub, filling it ever so slightly and ensuring the water was only lukewarm.

"It's only the first date – we were just talking," rubbing the graze of her elbow, grabbing the baby shampoo from the top of her cabinet.

It had been untouched and mistakenly bought, but also relatively safe to use on animals.

It was all she had.

"I need details baby. Elaborate," Kelsey demands, before straightening from her squat and sitting on the toilet, which had the seat down. Nova sighs, pulling her chocolate waves up into a high ponytail.

"It was just about the basics. We just got a foundation understanding of each other. That's all," she says, squirting some of the shampoo and swirling it, making the water frothy.

The blonde sighs.

"You should've kissed him. It would've made things spicy," she tells her. Nova ignores her, lining the floor with towels.

The tabby was currently kept in a carboard box in her room – she wanted him clean before letting him free roam. He was a stray and probably got into all sorts of muck. He had been pretty obedient so far, staying in the box, body completely calm and at ease with Nova.

"You know you wanted to. I bet you were thinking about it. I bet he was thinking about it," Kelsey continues, blue hues bright and lips cunning. Nova ignores her again, only flashing her the middle finger as she leaves to get the tabby.

"Either way it doesn't matter. You'll be kissing him in your dreams, getting all wet and steamy-," the blonde continues when Nova returns.

"Stop," it's a harder tone, and the blonde complies, knowing she had pushed enough buttons for tonight. She joins her friend on the floor.

The tabby is lifted from the box and placed on the floor mat, Nova using her fingers to check for any injuries or fleas that would need immediate attention. She already had the blonde book a vet appointment for tomorrow.

He's completely still as she does this, letting her touch as she pleased, nibbling on her fingers and purring.

It's only when Nova turns for a millisecond to grab something, when the cat turns a little wild, a series of feral hisses and scowls coming from him. Her head snaps back hard in surprise. The grey cat had finally noticed Kelsey, and by the sounds of it was not fine with her presence.

Confusion falls over Nova – he was normally just fine around other people.

The blonde imitates him, her features curled in distaste for the feline. Nova just sighs at the both of them. She knew Kelsey wasn't a cat person anyways, but she didn't expect the dislike to be mutual.

She steps in only when he attempts to claw at the blonde, scooping him up, brows furrowed in startlement. He had always been so sweet to her; she never knew he could be a little vicious weasel when he wanted to be. Kelsey stands with a scowl.

"Just because I'm a mutt- you little fucking shi-" Nova's eyes narrow at her miswording in the little hissy fit.

"I'm a mutt lover," Kelsey corrects, swearing at the grey cat snuggled in her friend's arms.

"I think maybe I should just do this myself," Nova says, curling protectively around him. Kelsey doesn't argue, taking off.

She sighs, dropping low and placing him on the floor. He mewls once again becoming completely smitten with her and demanding for her attention, licking the tips of her fingers. She rolls her eyes, dipping down and kissing his forehead, her finger tapping his nose.

"You can't be mean to her. She's my best friend. She's the only person in the world that I love," her words are soft.

She rolls her eyes at herself – he probably wouldn't care nor understand. He only purrs, rubbing his face against hers. She smiles.

"By the way, you're hereby christened Leo. Welcome to the family. We're quite dysfunctional," she murmurs.

Bathing and drying him was an easier feat than she expected – he was incredibly mushy with her, already long having formed that bond of trust. When finished and mostly dry, he's placed into her room in the furthest corner from Kelsey, in a small basket filled with some of her clothes that were warm.

He scowls at the blonde, but not as bad before, licking Nova once more before falling asleep surrounded by her scent, completely content.

Nova retreats to the bed where the blonde waited, noting items she needed to buy tomorrow for Leo into her phone.

Kelsey pulls her in immediately, their bare legs curling around one another. Nova pushes her off when she peppers her face and neck in kisses, a laugh coming from them both. The blonde rests on her stomach, playing with her fingers.

"Your pa good?" she knew that Nova was dealing with him when she called earlier. The female sighs, setting her phone down and playing with Kelsey's hair.

"I think it's been a bad night for him. He just misses mama," leaning over to her night desk for her meds, gulping a pill down with some water. 

Kelsey doesn't say anything, knowing Nova didn't really share her thoughts of her mother, turning to her front.

"So, are we gonna gush about Romaeus together or?" Nova giggles at the words.

The cover is pulled over the both of them, the lamp out. They talk quietly, Nova explaining every second of her encounter with him. A little while later, the blonde has fallen asleep halfway through watching a movie on Nova's laptop. Nova herself was awake, thinking carefully about the night that just passed.

She smiles, feeling a little blissful.

Her phone buzzes, and she checks to see if the blonde has stirred, before lowering her volume and reading the response she had gotten for the message she had sent ages ago, informing him of her safe return.

She taps her out her own reply, only to be met with another immediately. Her lips curl into a grin, knees tucking into her chest, butterflies erupting in her stomach.

She always felt braver behind a screen. It was as if it shielded all her insecurities, her anxiety and her nervousness, so she could genuinely just be who she was underneath all of it. The real her. Well, that's what she thinks anyways.

Nova was a lot bolder when she texted, more playful. Romaeus wasn't shy either, and matched her banter.

Her phone isn't put down for the next few hours, her blush tinted bright, and her lips pulled into a grin throughout texting him.

Morning advances pretty quickly, and before she knew it, she was in Kelsey's car, sleep deprived and groggy. They had just returned from the vet appointment, where Leo was microchipped and had all his relevant shots.

He had taken it like a champ, curling into the pastel yellow dress Nova wore. He only got out of hand a few times, all to do with Kelsey, but he was tamer, keeping his dislike to himself.

It's a trip to the pet store next, where Leo is kitted out with a baby-blue leather collar with a small chime, a proper litter tray – she'd have to train him soon, they already had a few incidents- alongside a bed, a scratching post, some proper bowls, grooming supplies and a few toys. They also stocked up on some more food.

Leo is dropped back, and the cat immediately decides to wander around the streets instead, mewling a promise to return. Nova leaves him be, not at all worried.

The girls head out to grab some coffee, the drinks cool and refreshing on this warm summer day, before strolling around the few boutiques, mainly window shopping but Nova's eye caught onto some of the jumpsuits and dresses, so they head in.

She picks up a few outfits, and the cashier rings them up. The blonde doesn't get a single thing, knowing full well her wardrobe was barely holding up with the dozens of outfits she had already. Instead the majority of her time is complimenting the items Nova chooses and picking out the perfect fit.

They leave with a few bags, walking out into a busier environment. It was still the weekend, and they had the day to kill until their shift later tonight. Nova had planned to spend some time with the blonde before going back – Sonya was due to call her later on.

"Sorry," it's a mumble when she bumps into a man, not paying enough attention to realise that he'd been advancing towards her.

It's a gasp from her lip when he grabs her by the elbow, pulling her closer with a firm grip. His other arms wrap around her, groping her quickly.

It's a shove from Nova that has some distance between them.

"Back the fuck up," Kelsey's tone is hard, her features flared with anger, eyes steely and dark.

His stance isn't down, an animalistic growl falling from him, unnerving the brunette. He almost lunges for her again, but when realising Kelsey's presence and the clench of her jaw, he hesitates, turning his head away meekly when figuring out who she was.

The blonde swears in her native language, muttering back and forth between that and English.

"Fucking prick-," it's a hard scowl, looking over Nova.

"You good baby?" and Nova nods, brushing the incident off. They'd happened so times, even in broad daylight, it was essentially normalised to her now.

"Come, stay with me," Kelsey's hand doesn't leave her grip.

A/N - i hope this book isn't boring. idk, i feel like it might be but im just writing whatever comes to mind. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 6.8K 34
❝Hello my piccolo compagno.❞ He murmured into my ear while biting my earlobe and then kissing my beet red cheek. ❝I-I'm sorry what? I...
478 28 15
Natalya was betrayed by her mate ten years ago when a jealous, power-hungry witch cast a spell making the whole kingdom think she was an evil witch...
1.1M 29.5K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
534K 13.3K 51
Liberty knew from the moment she was betrothed to Prince Aziel that she would never be happy. She vowed she would stop at nothing to keep herself awa...