love war with my best friend...

By alysxa_

dream x fem reader you go to visit your best friend of almost two years and stay alone with him for three wee... More

introduction
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
epilouge

x

3.3K 51 108
By alysxa_

a/n

hey guys!! real quick, this chapter is REALLY long, just a heads up. it's 5000+ words. i put a lot of effort into it and i hope you like it:) took me like 4 hours haha. please vote!! :)
——————————

y/n's pov

my phone buzzed.

Messages
one message from Gogy💙

Gogy💙

george: hey y/n!! got any special plans for tomorrow?!😏😏

aw i can't believe he remembered! tomorrow is my 21st birthday. it's sweet that he remembered but now that i'm older the magical feeling when you woke up as a kid, knowing it's your birthday and your a year older, that feeling has worn off. it's just like another regular day and i'd rather not bother clay about it, so i never told him. and we haven't talked about birthdays in forever so i doubt the would remember, which is good.

Gogy💙

y/n: aw, it's sweet that you remembered but no, i have no plans. i don't want to bother clay about it, it's nothing special really

george: what?? of course it's special!

george: y/n your turning 21! that's a big deal! you and clay need to do something together.

y/n: no really it's okay george! it's just going to be another regular day:)

george: so you aren't going to tell him it's your birthday? your not going to make any plans with him?

y/n: no, i don't want to bother him.

george: well, he'll remember anyways even if you don't tell him

y/n: i doubt it, we haven't talked about birthdays in forever

george: okayyy

george: i got to go, talk to you later?

y/n: ofc:)

george: okay bye:)

i put my phone away and get off the couch. it was 9:47pm and clay was out getting groceries so i was at the house alone. i was getting kinda tired so why not go to sleep? i walked upstairs to clay's room and changed into pjs. i climbed into bed and texted clay.

Clay💚

y/n: hey clay💞

y/n: i'm going to bed right now because i'm kinda tired so i'll be asleep by the time you come home, just wanted to let you know:) there's a spot next to me for when you do🤍

i put my phone away and fell asleep.

————————

my eyes fluttered open. i was really warm, cozy. it felt nice. i was super comfortable too. i was cuddling with clay, my arms wrapped around him and the rest of my body curled up to him. he had one arm around my waist and his other was holding his phone. i turned my head up to let him know i was awake. he smiled down at me.

"morning beautiful. happy birthday." he spoke softly and smiled. he put his phone down and gave me his full attention.

"wha- how did you know?" i didn't think he would remember. he buried his head into the crook of my neck.

"i could never forget your birthday y/n. i love you too much." i felt him smile and he hugged me tighter. i buried my head deeper into his chest as a response.

we stayed like this for a minute in comfortable silence until clay broke it.

"well, time to get up. we have a lot planned for today!" he was all cheerful and smily. he was getting out of bed but i didn't let go of him. instead i wrapped my legs around this lower back as he sat up and my arms were still around him. i clung onto him like a koala. he chuckled. "why are you so cute?" i giggled in response and he grabbed my thighs to support me so i wouldn't fall as he stood up.

he walked over to his closet and grabbed some clothes out for himself, still holding onto my with one arm. he set the clothes on a shelf he had and kissed the top of my head.

"cmon, you gotta get ready."

"but i don't wannaaa." i whined. he laughed at me.

"will you at least choose some clothes for your special day?" he rubbed my back in circles.

"can you choose them out for me?" my voice was muffled from my face being buried into his neck.

"i was hoping you'd say that." he walked over to the bed and plopped me down on it. i let go and rubbed my eyes. "your cute." he said. i blushed. he began to walk away.

"waittt." i said with grabby hands. "where are you going? aren't you gonna choose my outfit for the day?" he chuckled.

"i already have." he said this as he pulled out one of this drawers to his nightstand. when you pulled it out, you could see a note on the side of it. he tapped it a couple times looking at me, smiled, and then walked out of the room with his clothes in his hand. i was kinda confused. i crawled over the the nightstand and read the note.

go to the living room and look on the tv

what? strange. but i got up anyways and headed to the tv in the living room. there, i found another note.

look on the island in the kitchen 

i turned around, the kitchen was right there. i smiled. the kitchen was decorated with green, pink,  and white streamers, hanging from ceiling, balloons taped to corners of the kitchen, and confetti sprinkled across the island in the middle of the kitchen. (in case some of you don't know what i mean by island, i don't mean an actual island, it's a counter top)

in the middle of the island there was a bouquet of a bunch of different pretty flowers in the middle. i smile and walk up to it. the flowers smelled really good..i love the smell of flowers. it reminds me of spring and summer. i look at the note attached to the bouquet.

look in the bathroom around the corner

i smile and speed walk to the bathroom. this was a fun and cute little game he set up for me. i turn on the light and see a basket by the sink. there's another note.

you can take a break here and take a shower if you'd like, i left some surprises in the basket for you:)

look in the laundry room

i did want to shower actually. i'll take a break. i look in the basket and see a bunch of bath and body works products in it. all flavored warm vanilla..my favorite. (if you have a favorite scent then go with that, i just like warm vanilla so i'm going with that)

there was shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, deodorant, and perfume. ugh i love this man. he also put my curling iron, hair dryer, new make up, a brush, and hair ties in the basket for me. cute. i look at the make up he bought me, curious. it had another note on it.

you don't need this but i thought you'd still like to have it. hope i bought the right ones<3

i smile. he's so kind. i hop in the shower and use the products clay gave me. i smelled really good after, the whole bathroom smelled like warm vanilla.

after i dried my hair and curled it, i applied some mascara real quick and a little bit of blush. i still don't have any clean clothes so i just wrapped the towel around me and took the perfume with me so i could spray it on the clothes he gave me. i walked to the laundry room excitedly and opened the door. inside was a pretty green spring dress. it had a floral design going all over it. to the right of it was a note and a basket.

i hope you like this dress. when i looked at it i thought you would look so beautiful in it and had to get it. if not, that's okay, i know you packed other nice clothes with you:)

love you lots!

clay

(this is the dress btw! i actually got it for my graduation and it's super nice! it's from old navy, i recommend!)

UGH WHY IS HE SO SWEET. (fr though i'm making myself feel so single🥲) i loved the dress! in the basket was other clothes for me like underwear, a bra, and bike shorts. wow, he really thinks of everything..i smile. i closed the door and put it on. i rushed to the bathroom again and looked at myself in the mirror. i felt pretty..wow i actually look amazing..i smile and go to find clay.

——————————

i walked to the living room to see if he was in there and he was. he was wearing light blue ripped jeans, a white shirt, and a green plaid flannel. you can tell he fooled around with his hair but in a way it still looked the same, perfect as it always is. he was fidgeting with his fingers and looking down. he finally noticed me and looked up when i was about 5 feet away from him. he smiled a cute, toothy smile and his face grew red.

"y/n.." he was looking at me up and down, admiring the dress he picked out for me.

clay's pov

"y/n.." i said. i was looking at her up and down, admiring how pretty she looked in the dress and how amazing she was. "i-.." i couldn't even speak. oh what this girl does to me..

she stepped closer and she was now right in front of me. i looked down at her. she's so cute..and hot holy crap..

"i can't believe your mine." i stated. she smiled and i saw a red color go across her cheeks.

"i love you clay." she wrapped her arms around my neck and i wrapped mine around her waist, getting the hint she wanted to be closer to me. i looked down at her lips and then back up at her eyes. she was looking at my lips. she told me i didn't need to ask anymore for her consent..i took a quiet deep breath. here goes nothing.

i bent down a bit to reach y/n's face and kissed her passionately. she smiled into the kiss, making me smile. she pulled away and rested her head on my chest, hugging me now.

after about 30 seconds i pulled away from the hug. "you ready to go?" she looked a little confused.

"go where?" she asked.

"well you didn't think we were just gonna stay inside the house did you?" i laughed. she smiled in response and pecked me on the lips, going on her tippy toes to reach me. i gently grabbed her hand, interlocking our fingers, and pulled her to the door. i grabbed my wallet, my car keys, and our phones on the way out.

"do i get to know where we're going yet?" she giggled.

"no! it's a surprise!" i laughed. we got in the car and i started it. "before i start driving, i'm gonna need you to put this on." i handed her a sleeping mask to put over her eyes. she laughed a little.

"why a sleeping mask though?" she said as she took it.

"because a bandanna would have probably messed up your hair and i wanted to make it comfortable for you." i said. she smiled and came closer to my face.

"your sweet." she said. i leaned a little closer to her and our faces were now only inches apart.

"and?" i jokingly said, trying to fish for more complements. she leaned just a tad closer to me. our noses were slightly touching. i wanted to kiss her so bad..

"but you simp way too hard for me." she whispered and then sat back up straight in her seat. i looked at her in shock and she just smirked.

"no no no, you little tease, you don't get to do that anymore. your mine." i leaned closer to her and gently grabbed her chin, making her face me again. i kissed her and she eventually gave in, kissing me back. i pulled away smiling, knowing i won and she put on the sleeping mask. i started the car and drove off.

——————————

y/n and i were jamming out to some one direction in the car while we were waiting to arrive at the special place. i turned left and drove onto a path. i stopped the car, causing the music to stop.

"why'd you stop it?" y/n whined.

"we're hereee." i said.

"oh yay!" y/n tried to open her door but it was locked.

"hold on."i unlocked my door and went around the car and opened the door for her. i grabbed her hands and slowly led her out of the car so she didn't fall.

"when can i take this off?"

"don't worry we're almost here." i responded.

"okay."

i was still leading y/n to the spot with to hands. i was walking backwards but still looking behind me every now and then.

"it smells..good..what is that smell?" y/n asked me. "i can't quite put my finger on it.."

"you'll see." i chuckled a little.

i led y/n off the dirt path and onto a concrete trail. she stumbled a little from not knowing what she was stepping on now but i caught her.

"t-thanks." she stuttered. she was blushing. i laughed to myself.

"okay just a little further.." i told her. we walked for another 15 seconds or so and then i stopped and let go of her hands. "okay, you can take off the mask." she smiled and slipped it off.

she looked forward and i could tell she was astonished immediately. she gasped a little and then looked all around her. i brought y/n to a hidden area a little always from the public with a massive fountain that doesn't really work, it's still pretty though, and it was surrounded by a field of random but pretty, tall flowers. she ran up to the field and laughed. she grabbed a flower, gently picking it and then smelled it. she turned back around to look at me and smiled. then she walked backwards into the field, disappearing. i waited for her to come back out but she didnt.

"y/n?" i asked, walking towards the part of the field she disappeared into. "y/n?!" still no answer. "cmon this isn't funny i need to know your okay.." i walked into the field of flowers, moving them out of the way. i walked a couple more steps but didn't want to go in too far. "y/n?"

"boo." i heard from my right. i turned to look but y/n wasn't there.

"oh your really playing hard to get aren't you." i smirked. i starting spinning around very slowly to see if i could see her at all. i wasn't able to hear super good because of the running water from the fountain. (when i said the fountain doesn't really work, it doesn't work like it's supposed to but it still runs water) i reach my arm forward in the flowers in front of me but she wasn't there. i just laughed.

suddenly i heard small running steps behind me but before i could turn around i felt a small figure jump on my back. it startled me a little but i tried to play it off.

"hi y/n." i said, grabbing her legs on each side of my to support her. i started walking back towards the fountain so the flowers weren't in our way.

"hii. did i scare you?" she said. she was leaning over my right shoulder and her hair was partly in my face. i smelled like the warm vanilla stuff i got her..

"i- no." i told her.

"i totally scared you." she poked my cheek.

"no, you didn't." i chuckled a little. i don't like to admit to me being scared of things really..

i bent down a little to let her off my back and we both sat down on the edge of the fountain.

"i think i scared you." she giggled, swinging her legs back and forth.

"okay. maybe you did a little." i admitted. she laughed.

"aww, your cute." she turned her head to look at me but i was looking at the concrete ground underneath our feet. i felt my face heat up a bit.  man, the smallest things she does make me blush..

"clay."

"yeah?"

"look at me."

i turned my head to meet her eyes. she stared at my eyes for a bit and then scooted closer.

y/n's pov

i stared into clay's beautiful green, emerald eyes. they were so pretty the way the light hit them. we've been making eye contact for about a minute now and didn't talk. i looked at his other features. i scooted closer to him so our legs were touching. i brought my hand up to trace his jawline. he flinched a little at my touch but let me. i looked at each feature i traced. his jawline, his nose, lips..he was perfect. then i cupped his face with my right hand and stroked my thumb across his cheek, a bit below his eye, admiring his freckles. he was blushing, hard. i smiled a little.

"what are you doing?" he asked eventually.

"i'm admiring your face." i said, looking back up into his eyes. i pulled my hand away from his face but he grabbed it and put it back on his face. i looked at him questioning what he was doing.

"i like it when you make me feel special." he said. he turned his head to kiss my hand.

no ones pov

y/n and clay eventually got up after talking and flirting with each other to go take pictures with the flowers. clay told y/n he has another place to take her so after about 30 minutes, they got in the car and drove off to the next destination.

"do i have to wear this again?" y/n asked clay, holding up the sleeping mask.

"'no but you can't if you want it to be a surprise again." he answered.

y/n decided to keep the sleeping mask off.

clay's pov

we were driving on the highway and y/n asked me if she could turn on some music again.

"yeah, of course!" i responded. y/n smiled and plugged her phone into the charging chord connected to the car to play from her playlist. she turned on my song, road trip. i loved hearing her play and sing my song, it made me feel warm and special.

i just listened to her sing until she whined.

"clayyyy, sing with meee!"

i chuckled. "okayyy!" i said. i started to sing with her and she smiled. not gonna lie, we sounded pretty good together. she could harmonize well and her melody voice was amazing. when the song was over i asked her to plug my phone in for me. when we pulled off the highway and stopped at a red light i played my new, unreleased song for her. it was called mask. once the song started to play she looked at me confused.

"what's this?"

"just keep listening."

she cutely pondered on what it was but then her face lit up. "OH MY GOSH IS THIS MASK?!" i just nodded in response and she got super jumpy and excited. she smiled while listening to it.

always being judged by a bunch of strange faces

y/n sang the parts she knew from the snippets i released on twitter. "clay this is..really good!" she continued to hum to the beat and started to dance a little. she's so adorable..

i'm okay bitch! the fact is, i need help in failing all my classes
they think that i need glasses
i just really wish that i could pass this

i just stared at y/n every time i had the chance to. i'm in love with her voice.

that's what the mask is
that's what the point of the mask is

she looked at me and stopped humming and dancing.

"what? do i sound bad?" she laughed a little.

"what? no! i'm just..amazed at how pretty your voice is and how good it sounds when you sing my songs.." i admitted.

y/n blushed. "thank you." it's cute how she gets kinda shy sometimes when she gets complemented.

————————

i pulled into an empty space between two cars on the side of the road.

"we're here!" i said. i stopped the car and helped y/n out of the car.

"where is here exactly?" she asked.

"the outlet mall. there's stores up and down this street of shops, bakeries, and small restaurants. i thought you like to grab something to eat and go shopping?" i hope i made the right decision.

y/n's jaw dropped but then she smiled. "why are you so perfect?" i smiled and then we hugged. i love hugging her. she makes me feel safe.

y/n's pov

i love hugging clay. he makes me feel safe and secure. he smelled like fresh coconut.

we walked down the sidewalk and passed a lot of other people. i got a couple weird looks from some people but just ignored it. clay stopped walking causing me to stop because we were interlocking hands.

"what's wrong?"

clay didn't answer, he just let go of my hand and walked over to the other side of my and behind me a little. he took off his flannel and wrapped it around my waist.

"what are yo-"

clay didn't let me finish talking, he just started walking again with my hand in his.

"clay what's wrong?!" i was worried about him..

he ignored me again and looked behind us a couple times. he looked kinda mad..did i do something?

after a minute or so of walking clay looked down at me and stopped walking.

"sorry..there was a group of teenager boys looking at your butt and it was..annoying. so i put my flannel around your waist. i'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable, i should have asked." he said this as he started to untie the flannel but i put my hands over his so his were now pressed up against my stomach. he looked at me, confused.

"i like your flannel." i said. he smiled and re-tied it for me. we locked hands again and walked to a cafe i wanted to go into.

i wasn't super hungry so i just got a salad. clay ordered a sandwich. the waiter came by for the bill when we were done eating and i was about to give the cash to her but clay politely pushed my hand down and gave her his own money. we left shortly after and i just looked at clay.

"what?" he asked.

"why won't you ever let me pay for things?" it was sweet that he was always paying for things but i wanted to contribute too.

"because i'm just a super nice guy and it's your birthday!" he winked at me. i playfully rolled my eyes and we continued to walk.

i gasped when i saw a cute little shop just up ahead.

"what?" clay asked. i didn't say anything, i just grabbed his hand, interlocking our fingers, and ran to the ship excitedly.

we got into the shop and there was a bunch of cute clothes. i looked around and clay followed me. i mean, he didn't really have a choice, we were holding hands so unless he let go, we were stuck together. i grabbed some clothes and he grabbed me some too.

"do you wanna go try stuff on? i'll judge." he laughed.

"sure!" i pulled him to the fitting rooms and took the clothes he picked out for me as well.

i tried a bunch of clothes and clay loved them all. i liked them but i didn't want to buy them. i finally was down to the clothes clay picked out and i tried them on. i liked this outfit.. i stepped out of the fitting room and once he saw me his jaw dropped.

"so..? how do i look?"

"i...um.."

"it's okay if you don't like it, i can change-" i turned back around to go change but clay got up and stopped me.

"i love it. you look..hot. really hot." his face was red and he was smiling. i felt my face get red too.

i nervously laughed, he was dangerously close to my face and he had just called me really hot. "t-thanks..i really like this outfit. you have really good style taste."

(this is what he chose for you)

he let me go back in the fitting room and i changed back into my dress. i left all the clothes in the fitting room for the employees to put back since i tried them all on and they had a bin for tried on stuff. clay frowned at me when i came out empty handed.

"what?" i asked.

"where's the clothes i picked out for you?"

"i left them in the fitting room." i pointed back in the room. he got up and passed me, going into the fitting room. he dug out the clothes he chose for me and neatly folded them.

"we're getting these." he said when he came back out to me.

"what?! are you crazy?! clay it's like.." i went to look at the price tag but clay pulled the clothes away from me. this was a bit of an expensive little shop.  "clay it's an expensive outfit. we can't buy it." i said.

"yes, i can." he started off to the cashier.

the cashier tagged at the items. "your total is $102.36." he said. my face exploded. clay was not buying this for me.

"clay i can't let you buy this for me." i tugged on his shirt.

"y/n. it's your birthday. let me spoil you." he insisted. i hesitated at first but gave in, i wouldn't have won anyways. "i love you." he bent down and kissed me on the head.

clay paid for the clothes and grabbed the bag for me. we walked out the to a seating area.

"thank you clay for everything you've done..your the best boyfriend i could have ever asked for. your like a dream boy." i joked.

"well, i am dream.." he laughed.

we locked eyes and clay leaned forward without hesitation and kissed me. not many people were around so we kinda gave in. we were full on making out. but clay stopped after a couple minutes.

"i don't want to push you into anything you aren't ready for y/n." he said.

"you aren't, i promise." i leaned in to kiss clay again and he kissed me back. we both smiled and got up to walk around more.

———

it was sunset now and we were heading back to the car. as we drove home we were in comfortable silence. i was looking out the window and admiring all the stars and nature we passed. i felt someone looking at me and i turned my head to look at clay. he quickly turned his head and pretended like he wasn't looking at me. i chuckled quietly.

he looked hesitant but i didn't know why..i brushed it off though. it was probably nothing. i looked back out the window. but i felt something warm lightly press against my thigh. i turned and it was clays hand. i looked at him but he was still looking at the road. he stroked his thumb back and forth on my inner thigh, giving me butterflies. i put my hand in his and traced his veins. his hands were strong and tan..not gonna lie his hands are pretty hot when i think about it. and now one of them is on my thigh.

he pulled into the drive way and helped me out of the car. what a gentleman. i don't think i can handle this, clay is way too kind. this all feels like a dream.

we got inside and i changed into pjs. we were both tired so i got in bed while clay was changing into his pjs. i heard a knock on the door.

"come in." i said.

clay came in and shut the door behind him. he was wearing dark gray sleeping shorts and..no shirt. holy crap i'm going to explode. he was super tan and you could really see his abs..i couldn't help but stare. i felt my face burn red and i quickly looked away after i felt my face get red. clay climbed into the bed and looked at me sitting up. i felt his eyes burning into my own but i could NOT look at him without getting even more red. i looked at my phone and scrolled through twitter. but clay took my phone out of my hands and put it on the nightstand. i gulped.

"y/n."

"hm?" i still wasn't looking at him, i was fidgeting with my hands.

"look at me."

i stayed silent. oh he knew what he was doing to me and he was playing around with it. little brat..he took his hand and gently grabbed my chin, making me face him. i looked at him in the eyes and immediately felt my face get even redder. he smirked.

"why wouldn't you look at me?" okay he's just being cocky now.

"i- um.."

he raised an eyebrow at me. i blew out a heavy breath.

"okay fine your just really hot and uh- i- i don't think i- um- i don't think i can handle it." i admitted. he was going to get it out of me eventually.

"i know your obsessed with me~" he said in a flirty, whispered voice.

"i hate what you do to me." honestly this is ridiculous.

"oh come on.. you love me." he was really pushing it. he was gonna win this if i didn't do anything.

"your right. i do love you, and you do so many things to me and make me go crazy..but.." i got super close to clay and had my mouth by his ear. i knew he could feel my breath on his ear and his neck. i knew this gave him chills. "do i make you go crazy~?" i put my hand on his arm.

"yes.." he admitted.

"good." i whispered. i went back down to laying down and turned off the light. clay rolled his eyes.

"your such a tease." he came up to cuddle me.

"yes, i am. and i know you love it." i joked.

"no i don't, you tease me too much." he whined.

i brought his head up to my face and kissed him. he smiled into the kiss and then pulled away. he laid his head in my stomach and wrapped his arms around my waist, his leg was over both of mine.

"happy now?" i asked.

"very." he responded.

there was a moment of silence.

"you know, i have a lot of power right now." clay said.

"what do you mean?"

clay lifted his head up quickly and drew my shirt up a bit, revealing my stomach. he kissed it and then tickled my sides. i started to scream and laugh.

"OH M- MY GO-SHHH ST-OP-PP P-PLEA-SEEE!" i said between laughs. "I CAN-T BRE-ATHH!!" i was kicking my legs and squirming but clay was on top of my and i couldn't do anything about it. "CLAY!" he finally stopped and laughed his funny tea kettle laugh. he fell to my side again and poked my stomach. i giggled again and he pulled my shirt down. he laid his head back on my stomach and got back in his comfy position. i ran my fingers through his hair and messed with it. i love his hair.

"i love you y/n." he said softly.

"i love you too clay." i still played with his hair.

"happy birthday to my favorite person in the world." he said. he lightly kissed my stomach this time and then laid his head back down on me.

"my favorite boy.." i said.

a/n

WOAH OKAY DIDNT EXPECT IT TO BE THIS LONG. BUT i really did enjoy writing it. it took me like 4 or 5 hours though😅 please vote, i out so much work into this haha. love you all! have a good day/night:)

finished april 25, 2021 - 10:01pm
(5390 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4.6K 49
Clay and George got married and life seemed to be back to perfect. They were married, happy and healthy. Though, everything changes when George has t...
76.1K 1.6K 40
Clay and George, not only best friends, but both of the best players on their traveling baseball team. They've always flirted as a joke, but what if...
820K 23.8K 36
George hasn't had an easy life after being diagnosed with autism. Going to a public school as an autistic, highly intelligent boy, he clearly notices...
431K 8.3K 49
if you find this and yk who i am,,, im sorry You just turned 20 and needed somewhere to go after collage, luckily your best friends sapnap has a roo...