Out of Time (Loki x Reader)

By AislynMarie_

Upon practicing your magic on Asgard, you were banished by Odin, an Orphan was all you were to him. But bein... More

Chapter 1: Asgard
Chapter 2: The Ballroom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 6: Avengers?
Chapter 7: Control
Chapter 8: New Addition
Chapter 9: Good Old Days
Chapter 10: The Unexpected
Chapter 11: HYDRA
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: Home
Chapter 14: Cold Hearted
Chapter 15: The Garden
Chapter 16: No More Music
Chapter 17: Motherly Advice
Chapter 18: Family
Chapter 19: More Headaches
Chapter 20: Destruction
Chapter 21: Party, Party
Chapter 22: Drinks on me
Chapter 23: The Villain
Chapter 24: Hulk SMASH
Chapter 25: Nine Realms
Chapter 26: Life
Chapter 27: Reminiscing
Chapter 28: Vulnerability
Chapter 29: Loki
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Liar
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: Sister?
Authors Note
Chapter 34: The GrandMaster
Chapter 35: Champion
Chapter 36: Tired.
Chapter 37: Different
Chapter 38: Move on
Chapter 39: Hela
Chapter 40: Disbelief
Chapter 41: Earth
Chapter 42: Christmas Eve
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: New years Eve
Chapter 45: Tesseract
Chapter 46: The Winning Side
Chapter 47: Regret
Chapter 48: Barnes
Chapter 49: All of The Stars Above
Chapter 50: Ebony Maw
Chapter 51: Pretend
Chapter 52: The Sanctuary II
Chapter 53: Cell Block 17
Chapter 54: Traitor
Chapter 55: Wakanda
Chapter 56: Betrayal
Chapter 57: All For Love
Chapter 58: We Lost
Chapter 59: Grief
Chapter 60: Planets upon Planets
Chapter 61: Finding the Stones
Chapter 62: Vanaheim
Chapter 63: Our Garden Of White Roses
Chapter 64: The Missing Stone
Chapter 65: Old Friends
Chapter 66: Reunion
Chapter 67: Timeless
Chapter 68: The Final Stone
Chapter 69: Endgame
Chapter 70: You Cant Change The Inevitable
Chapter 71: Memory
Chapter 72: "Out of Time."
Chapter 73: "But Never, Out Of Love."

Chapter 4: The Last of Asgard

2.4K 65 14
By AislynMarie_

Asgard was on fire. The smell of the burning Yggdrasil Tree which used to be so tall and large, now it's slumped and turning to ash.

The Bifrost had be torn to shreds. Broken in the middle. No way of escape and all I could smell was smoke. The screams of the people I loved were unbelievably terrifying. Yet I couldn't move. I couldn't save anyone...

Everyone was ushered out of the castle but did they know I was still in here? They had to have known, Frigga would have known right?

I watched as my room around me filled with smoke and my lungs were filled with an unpleasant smells. Unable to breathe.

My vision had become shrouded with the smoke that filled my view. Sweat had fallen just above my temples as the extreme heat had finally gotten to me.

That's all I could think about as I could feel myself slowly loosing consensus.
—————————————————

Wake up.

I heard an all too familiar voice say as I shot up, gasping for the breath I seemed to have been holding, sweating with tears in my eyes.

It's okay, it wasn't real. Try to go back to sleep, you need it for training tomorrow.

He sounded cold, angry, as if I had woken him up with my loud thoughts. How had he known that you were having a nightmare?

I'm sorry

I apologized for waking him up. All the while trying to not cry. I could still hear the screams of my friends, family and Asgard's people. Burning, sobbing, dying.

I tried to fall back asleep but my attempts had failed. I was so scared it wasn't a dream, it felt so real.

My head was spinning and I remembered that I wasn't the only one who could hear my thoughts. I then tried to concentrate on closing off my mind, just for tonight so at least he wasn't as exhausted as I would be. Which he'd seem to notice, but didn't mind.

I woke up almost late for my routinely training with Thor. Loki had also been there, sitting on the bench by the entrance of the training room, reading his book as he always had. I tried not to show my exhaustion to Thor. He quickly noticed and stared at me.

"Lady Y/N...you're tired, let's take a break, okay? We can start again in 30 minutes." He said out of breath trying to reassure me.

"No, no it's okay I'm good. Let's keep going." I said raising my sword again ready to start training once more.

"Come on, I can see it on your face," he nudged my arm, but I kept quiet.

"Lady Y/N whats wrong? You seem as though you've seen a ghost!" He tried to stay calm, seeing how exhausted I had become. My lips a pale pink, out of breath, trying not to think of what my dream had let me see.

"No, I'm fine, I just-" I didn't get to finish my sentence before I had passed out, once again. This time I could feel my arms swelling, it felt like they were...burning?

I had opened my eyes slowly letting my eyes adjust to the now dull sunset. All I could think about was how bad my arms had hurt. The burning sensation had worsened as I tried to sit myself up.

Frigga had then pulled me back towards the bed, yelling at someone, but I couldn't hear them.

My hearing seemed to be more dull by the second, and the searing pain had made an appearance once again. My eyes still adjusting to the light I noticed Frigga had been yelling at Odin, Thor, and Loki.

     Thor seemed very angry as he was yelling at Odin. I had never seen him do so. No one yelled at the King. Loki seemed to be unbothered, but worried about something.

Frigga was worried and shouting but still trying to be calm under the circumstances. I could only make out pieces of what they had been saying. Trying to join the conversation.

"You knew of this!?" Odin screamed at Frigga and Thor.

"Of course we knew! What did you expect us to do? Abandon her?!" Thor seemed to be holding back as much anger as he could.

"That is EXACTLY what I expected you to do! She can not stay here. Not anymore. Her stay has been long overdue." Odin boomed through the room, which didn't help the massive headache you seemed to have conjured.

"She will stay here as long as she desires!" Thor protested. Just as Odin began to walk away past the doors, turning to look at the three of them, looking as if he had been betrayed.

"She will be gone tomorrow. Figure it out. Or I will." Odin threatened them, storming out of the door, leaving the three of them. Thor angered, Frigga frightened and worried, and Loki, still unbothered, but all the more uncomfortable with the situation that had just unfolded.

My vision had finally adjusted and my hearing back but still had a ring to it. I began to sit up, the pain unbearable now and uncomfortable. Thor and Frigga looked at me and quickly bombarded me with so many questions.

"Oh dear! I was so worried are you okay? What had happened?" Frigga questioned. Thor quickly rushed to my side looking at me as if I had just died.

"I'm fine, but my- my arms?" I tried to croak out with tears starting to flare at my eyes. Just as I did so, everyone seemed to back away, except for Loki.

I looked down and saw my arms, engulfed with blue flames. I looked in the mirror on the night stand of my bed. My eyes had also been an exquisite, burning blue.

Then I noticed it wasn't just my arms, my entire body now surrounded by blue mist, as I noticed the pain, it started to subside as fast as it could. Though, my headache remained.

"You need to focus. Put your magic beneath the surface." Loki finally spoke up. Just as he said that, you started to concentrate on pushing all of the overwhelming emotions behind you. Forgetting what had even started them.

The exhaustion.

Asgard in flames.

Just as your blue magic started to disappear Thor spoke up. Startling you slightly.

"We can't stay here Lady Y/N...it's too dangerous. Father, he's- he's not happy. He will not hesitate to banish you to the cells." He said looking down at his feet. Feeling guilty. Just as he said that Loki shifted at the thought of the cells.

"What..? Where am- what am I supposed to do?" My tears forming again. Asgard was my home, and now I'm being told I can't be here? Everything around me was starting to crumble before I could stop it. I couldn't hold it.

Focus. Keep it beneath the surface.

A familiar voice firmly said to me. It hand been Loki again, I had been so exhausted, I forgot to put my wall up again. I shot a glare at him.

Out. Get out of my head Loki.

I said coldly. I did not like my mind being infiltrated in the slightest.

"What? What's going on?" Thor looked at me before I could respond and glared at Loki. Walking over to him, angry.

"What are you doing to her? What are you saying." He was so angry, I didn't know why exactly. Loki put his hands up defensively and started to protest.

"Calm down 'beef stick' I was helping her keep calm. She's new with her magic, mother had asked me to practice with her! I am merely helping the orphan." He claimed.

Orphan.

That one stung. I furrowed my brows and looked down at my hands, which seemed to have been back to normal. Now starting to rise at the mere words Loki had said carelessly.

How could someone be so negligent for another's feelings. Although it was Loki of all people, you knew he wasn't all that bad...or so you thought.

—————————————————

A/N: ahhh I'm so excited to start this book. I have had so many ideas and so many more things to come for this book.
I really hope you enjoy!

Fill free to correct any grammar and spelling errors! I hope you all are enjoying just as much as I am.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 523 21
Y/n doesn't have a good home situation. Her life is really difficult and she doesn't know what the purpose of her life anymore. But when y/n goes liv...
250K 6.5K 13
You want to find true love, so you escape to Asgard. Will everything go as planned? Loki X Reader
1.2K 172 26
She wasn't ready to live alone yet, but with the unfortunate passing off her parents, Arwyn is forced to brave a world she wasn't quite ready for now...
217K 6.3K 43
Loki x Reader You live with the avengers. One day Thor will take you all to the Asgard. There you'll meet someone who changes your life. But soon aft...