Fantasy Bakugou x Reader

By Belongs_To_Bakugou

◾ Cover Credit: Playboyforkatsuki ♡ ◾Art Credit: Lightning Strikes ◾ I do not own My Hero Academia ◾ or this... More

ᖘrologue
๏ Story Map & World Building ๏
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 10.5
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
🍋Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Important Question
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Side Story - Todoroki
Side Story - Shinsou
Side Story - Midoriya
Side Story - Toga
Side Story - Kirishima
Fantasy Hijinks: Preview
Fantasy Hijinks: Part One
Fantasy Hijinks: Part Two
Fantasy Hijinks: Part Three
Fantasy Hijinks: Part Four
Things to Address
Chapter 63

Chapter 57

21.2K 733 2.5K
By Belongs_To_Bakugou

"Let's see...Egaby."

Your eyes glanced over the index of the first book, seeing the different subjects and sections of information. You turned to the first chapter, skimming over the water stained pages.

The beginnings of Egaby;

Egaby was founded by an unknown leader three years after Okamoto was established, yet it was one of the last locations to be named and settled. Leadership is passed down by blood, or, if no heirs, is passed by election from current Leader.

Egaby specializes in hunting, though fishing to the East and South is poor. Large forests surround Egaby, with animals from deers to small bears. Meat is traded throughout Okamoto in exchange for other goods.

"Huh, so we used to hunt for the country, and traded meat for the more urban towns around us."

"That's interesting, but nowadays, a lot of those towns have animal farms, don't they?"

"I think so. Maybe that's why we started hunting just for ourselves..."

You flipped through the pages, cocking your head when you saw the chapter title, a note scribbled under the printed text.

Religion in Egaby;

Egaby deals with the same Gods and Goddesses as Okamoto, following the Heroic Gods from before Okamoto was established.

-They continued to follow the same practices after their exile, changing very little in their traditions and practices.

"Did we?"

"You must have, you believe in all of the same Gods we do, right?"

"Like All Might, Kamui, Enji, and Yu?"

You nodded, and Midoriya smiled, asking if you had any religious buildings or shrines dedicated to a particular God.

"We had an old church for ceremonies, but the only Shrine we had was built for Ryo, the God of Hunting."

"That makes sense...I wonder if your culture is really all that different from ours."

You sighed and leaned back in your chair, ignoring Bakugou as he continued to practice little phrases and compliments on you. You rubbed your temple and shut the book, reaching for the second one.

"Maybe there's more in here."

"What exactly are you looking for?"

You looked over at Shoto, who sat with his foot up on the edge of the table, his arms crossed as he teetered the chair dangerously. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked back at the book, opening the dusty cover and beginning to skim over the pages.

"To be honest...I'm not sure. I thought maybe I could find written information on if, or when, we helped the League of Villains...something more than just what everyone tells me."

"It was in the middle of the war, right, Midoriya?"

Midoriya nodded and grabbed another book from his own pile, flipping it open as his eyes quickly scanned down the page, muttering quietly.

"They say that The League was being pushed back by Okamotos army, and that they took refuge in Egaby, with Egabians sympathizing for their cause."

"What was their cause, exactly?"

The Knight looked up, his eyebrows pinched as he sighed and sat back, crossing his own arms in concentration.

"It's hard to explain, but they always emphasized that they didn't believe in the way the King was running the country."

Kirishima hummed and leaned forward, holding his head up in his hand tiredly.

"In our History, they tried to divide us and break our alliance with Okamoto, but Okamoto broke that themselves when they claimed we were working with the enemy first."

You frowned and looked down at the table, continuing to turn the pages. Bakugou leaned over, smirking and trying to get your attention, but pouting again when you ignored him.

"ѠӉДt'Ѕ Ҵҏ ѠЇtӉ ӉЄЯ?"

"ЅӉЄ'Ѕ tЯҰЇҋԌ tө ℓЄДЯҋ ДБөҴt ӉЄЯ ӉЇЅtөЯҰ ѠЇtӉ tӉЄ ℓЄДԌҴЄ."

"ЈҴЅt ДЅҜ ℓЇtЄЯДℓℓҰ ДҋҰ өҒ ҴЅ, ѠЄ Дℓℓ ҜҋөѠ ѠӉДt ӉДҏҏЄҋЄԀ."

Midoriya sighed and shook his head, trying to disagree, but Bakugou interrupted him.

"ҰөҴ Ԁөҋ't ҜҋөѠ ЇҒ ѠӉДt ѠЄ ҜҋөѠ ЇЅ ДҪҪ-"

"ҰЄЅ ѠЄ Ԁө! tӉЄ ℓЄДԌҴЄ ѠДЅ ЯҴҋҋЇҋԌ өҋ ҒҴӍЄЅ ДҋԀ tӉЄҰ tөөҜ ҪөѴЄЯ Їҋ ЄԌДБҰ. ԀҴЯЇҋԌ tӉДt tЇӍЄ, tӉЄҰ ҪөҋѴЇҋҪЄԀ ЄԌДБЇДҋЅ tӉДt ѠӉДtЄѴЄЯ tӉЄҰ ЅtөөԀ ҒөЯ ѠДЅ ЈҴЅt; tӉДt'Ѕ ѠӉҰ ЄԌДБЇДҋЅ ҜЄҏt tӉЄӍ ЯЄҒҴԌЄ ҒөЯ Ѕө ℓөҋԌ, ДҋԀ ЄѴЄҋ ҒөҴԌӉt ѠЇtӉ tӉЄӍ ѠӉЄҋ tӉЄ ℓЄДԌҴЄ tЯЇЄԀ tө ДttДҪҜ ѠЇtӉ өҋЄ ℓДЅt ДttЄӍҏt."

Everyone sat quietly as Bakugou went off, shrugging his shoulders as he leaned back over and put his hand heavily on your head, ruffling your hair.

"БҴt Дℓℓ tӉөЅЄ БДЅtДЯԀЅ ӉДѴЄ ԀЇЄԀ өҴt; tӉЄ ЄԌДБЇДҋЅ tӉДt БЄℓЇЄѴЄԀ Їҋ tӉЄЇЯ ҪДҴЅЄ. Ѕө (Ғ/ҋ) ЇЅ ℓЇҜЄ Д ҋЄѠ БЯЄЄԀ өҒ-"

"ҏЯөБДБℓҰ ҋөt Д ԌөөԀ ѠөЯԀ tө ҴЅЄ, ҜДҪҪӉДҋ..."

The prince clicked his tongue as Shoto looked up at the ceiling, his eyes slowly closing.

"My Mirag isn't that great, but did Bakugou just call (F/N) a dog?"

"Hah?!"

You whipped your head over to look at Bakugou, the prince smirking at you as Kirishima whined.

"N-No he didn't! He said she was like a new breed of Egabian-"

"Oh, did he?!"

You huffed and brought your fist down on Bakugous head, growling as he shouted back. You both barked at each other as Kirishima sighed tiredly, Midoriya waving his hands weakly as Shoto apologized for causing a misunderstanding. Uraraka leaned over and nudged Midoriya, bringing her hand up and whispering in his ear.

"At least he's distracting her to make her feel better."

"You think so?"

The brunette nodded and pointed over to you and Bakugou, making Midoriya notice the cocky smile on your face as you fought the prince off. He was trying to hold your hand, grabbing your wrist and forcing you to intertwine your fingers with his while you swatted at him, shaking your head and calling him any insults you knew in his language. Uraraka was right, at least you weren't so down like you were a little bit ago. You were so easily distracted...was it because you were-

Midoriya slapped both hands to his cheeks, scolding himself and quietly apologizing to Uraraka for startling her. Kirishima sighed with relief, watching as you fought off Bakugou, before he leaned down on his arm, using it as a pillow as he looked over at Uraraka and Midoriya.

"Hey...maybe we should ask you guys about (F/N)s nightmare, and that drink you gave her last night-"

You whipped your head around and stopped fighting against Bakugou, the prince immediately crashing against your chest as he huffed in irritation.

"That's right! We need to talk to you about th-"

"(F/N), kiss me, come on, here."

Bakugou pouted and leaned up from where he was, hitting your chin with his head as he maneuvered around to try and kiss you. You growled and tried to push him back, glaring over at Kirishima as the redhead mumbled under his breath.

"ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ԌөЇҋԌ tө ЇЯЯЇtДtЄ ӉЄЯ, ҜДtЅҴҜЇ."

"Ї'Ӎ БөЯЄԀ, ДҋԀ tДℓҜЇҋԌ ДБөҴt ЅӉЇt ѠЄ ДℓЯЄДԀҰ ҜҋөѠ ЇЅ ҏөЇҋtℓЄЅЅ. Ї ӍЇЅЅ ӉЄЯ ѻҴЇЄt БЯЄДtӉЅ-"

"ҰЄДӉ, Ї ҜҋөѠ, БҴt ЅӉЄ'Ѕ tЯҰЇҋԌ tө ДЅҜ ДБөҴt ѠӉДt ӉДҏҏЄҋЄԀ ℓДЅt ҋЇԌӉt."

Bakugous eyes widened and he sat up straighter, staring at you before looking over to Midoriya, asking for a translation as Uraraka explained. You asked again, not letting yourself get cut off this time.

"Last night, the dream I had, it was more real than any of the others. I spoke with the League, it was like...like they were trying to get me to sympathize with them."

Midoriya hummed and leaned down, holding onto his chin in thought as he glanced over his notebook, turning the page weakly.

"You are one of, if not the only, Egabians outside of Egaby. Plus, you've met All For One yourself...I'm sure converting you to their side would help them in some way. Maybe they want to use you to get to Egaby again?"

"They could never convince me, not after what they did to my peoples reputation-"

You glared at the table, frowning before looking over to Uraraka.

"But whatever you gave me last night, it...it helped me speak to Katsuki, in real time, or rather, in a dream, but he remembers it too."

"And for the record, they've both had dreams where they've spoken to each other. Bakugou thinks it has to do with that oneiromancy magic."

Kirishima chimed in, sending a chill through Uraraka as she began to smile widely. She clapped her hands together once and nodded in excitement, stumbling over her own words.

"That's a oneiromancy bond, it's similar magic to Mirag and their connection technique! When you have a close connection with someone, you can see, sense, and even converse with them in dreams! I haven't seen anyone able to do it without proper training, but if you and Bakugou have both had experiences with it, that just means the medicine helped strengthen that bond!"

"A...bond?"

You looked over at Bakugou, feeling your heart skip a beat as he looked at you, hearing the same thing from Midoriya. A bond...similar to his connection with Kirishima? You looked back over at Uraraka, the witch bouncing in her chair enthusiastically.

"So then-"

"So then you and Bakugou have created this special bond! It might be from your strong love for each other, or it could have gotten a boost from a traumatic event. Did the dreams start happening around that night in Mirag?"

You furrowed your eyebrows, your eyes widening as you nodded, a wave of excitement rolling over you as things began to click into place.

"Y-Yeah, actually, they did! I had had a few dreams of Katsuki before, but not like this, where it felt like I was having a real conversation with him-"

Uraraka had jumped to her feet at this point, slamming her hands on the table as her brown eyes shown brightly with curiosity, her expression causing even Midoriya to try and pull her back into her chair.

"Oh (F/N), you have to let me transfer in! I-"

"Calm down now, Ochako."

The witch blinked and looked over, her face reddening as she sat down and apologized, before continuing.

"I'd really love to see your oneiromancy bond in action. There's a spell, I know, that can help me link with one or more people. F-For research purposes, of course."

She tapped all of her fingers together, smiling up at you weakly as you smiled back, surprised by her sudden outburst. Was it rare? Was she just excited to get to do magic again? Midoriya smiled along with you, hesitant as Bakugou was listening to Kirishima translate, rolling his eyes.

"ЅӉЄ'Ѕ ҋөt ЈөЇҋЇҋԌ Їҋ өҋ ӍҰ tЇӍЄ ѠЇtӉ (Ғ/ҋ)-"

"БҴt ЇҒ Їt ӉЄℓҏЅ ҰөҴ БөtӉ ҴҋԀЄЯЅtДҋԀ tӉЄ ӍДԌЇҪ ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ԀөЇҋԌ-"

"Ѕө?! Ї Ԁөҋ't ѠДҋt ѠӉДt Ї ЅДҰ tө ӉЄЯ ҒөЯ tӉДt ѠЇtҪӉ tө ӉЄДЯ-"

"ҜДҪҪӉДҋ, ҰөҴ ℓЇtЄЯДℓℓҰ ЅДЇԀ ҰөҴ ѠДҋtЄԀ tө, tө-"

Midoriya repeated what Bakugou had said to her, the blondes face flaring up as he flipped through his translation book, stammering over his words.

"ӉДӉ?! Ї tөℓԀ ӉЄЯ Ї ѠДҋtЄԀ tө Ԍө БДҪҜ ДҋԀ ЅℓЄЄҏ tөԌЄtӉЄЯ ДԌДЇҋ! ѠӉДt tӉЄ ӉЄℓℓ?!"

Midoriya sighed and looked over to you with a weak smile, shaking his head. You thought for a moment, sighing back as you looked over at Uraraka.

"So, if all three of us are in a dream together-"

"I could show you some of the things you can do in dreams! I could also help you learn how to counter oneiromancy, in case the League tries to manipulate your dreams in the future."

"That would be really useful...could we try that today? How are you feeling about magic?"

Uraraka flexed her arm, snapping her fingers as a small pop of light escaped her fingertips.

"I'm feeling a lot better, and something simple like this shouldn't take that big of a toll on me; it would be a piece of cake!"

You nodded and looked back down at the book, it's faded cover still layered with dust and age. Your entire history, was so commonly known to everyone else...and you were just in the dark. Even Bakugou knew more than you. You flipped open the book, a gust of wind from the large Library doors swinging open and causing the page to turn once more, revealing another chapter. Everyone looked over to see who had come in, except for you, who stared down at the pages title and beginning paragraph.

Magics in Egaby;

Egabians are gifted in magics, from weather control, to blessing weapons with elemental abilities, to controlling objects, both animate and inanimate. Their skill possibly derive from across the sea, or come as a blessing from the Heroic Gods of Okamoto.

- Their magics have decreased rapidly since the Great War, to the point of being nonexistent, possibly due to newer generations not training the prolific abilities like their ancestors.

-Do they even know they can do magic? Would they be able to if they did?

Here it was again. Was this someones note? Was it Midoriya? It couldn't be his...he had never been to Egaby. A voice from the side and a nudge from Bakugou brought you out of your reading, shaking your head as you looked up to see Hawks leaning lazily on the table, his smile as wide and playfully cunning as ever.

"Hello, Princess. Are you ready to start training?"

"..Hah? Oh, uh-"

You looked over at the others, rubbing the back of your neck as Kirishima looked over at the man, his eyes narrowing as Bakugou asked for what he was saying.

"What training?"

"Didn't she tell you?"

"Let me guess, at my fathers request?"

Hawks leaned back up and nodded, giving Shoto a thumbs up as he sighed and stood up, pushing in his chair and nodding to Kirishima and Bakugou.

"He must be talking about her courtesy skills. The Kings planning to have a ball at the end of the week, and I guess he doesn't think (F/N) is good enough-"

"A ball?"

"Th-That's not it."

You stood up and smiled weakly, slamming the book shut and setting the pile neatly next to Midoriyas. You looked over at Hawks and asked if Bakugou and Kirishima could come too, and he nodded, explaining they were supposed to anyways, seeing as they would also need 'training'. Bakugou closed his own book and kept it under his arm, barking at Iida as the Knight tried to tell him he had to leave the book there, but Shoto put his hand up, asking Iida to stay with Midoriya and Uraraka while they left with Hawks. You looked back at the witch and waved, whispering under your breath.

"We can work on that dream thing later, okay?"

"Got it, good luck, guys."

Hawks escorted you four out of the room, closing the door behind him as he pointed with his massive wing which way to turn. He kept his arms behind his head, yawning as you walked along, tilting your head towards the multicolored prince.

"So, you're coming too? Wouldn't you rather stay with Midoriya and the others to learn about the-"

"No, I'd rather use this chance to make sure this guy isn't bothering you three. Gods know why my father chose him to teach you about our courtsmanship."

"I'm quite the party guest, Shoto. I'm the perfect one for teaching these...newcomers, how to act like respectable guests of Enjeer."

Shoto rubbed the bridge of his nose and you smiled weakly, ignoring Hawks words as the blonde man leaned down, whispering against you.

"So what's this about a dream thing? What are you two planning on doing, you and that witch?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing! She helped me last night, and we were going to discuss it, before you came..."

"Just be careful, kid. Magic is forbidden within these walls-"

"Leave her alone, Hawks."

Shoto leaned over and pulled you by your arm, trading places with him as he glared at the King's right hand man. Hawks shrugged and began to whistle, pointing down the hall and leading you four towards a large door. Shoto nudged you gently and nodded to Hawks, knowing you could both hear what he was saying.

"He's got keen eyes and ears, he knows everything about everyone. Don't let him bother you."

You nodded to Shoto, Bakugou glaring the prince down as you were led into what looked like a small courtyard; a large open area with a glass ceiling and wide windows, letting in the morning sunlight. Benches and tables strewn along the edges as they sat covered in plants of every variety, the man with wings jumping up into the air and landing lazily on a swinging bench nearby.

"These plants are used by the castles doctor, but we can practice in here as long as we don't break anything."

The four of you stood there awkwardly as you coughed to gain Hawks attention, shrugging your shoulders as he stared back, the visor hiding his eyes from you.

"So...what are we going to do?"

"Hm, first, just walk towards me, I need to assess what I'm working with."

You glanced at Shoto and he nodded, reassuring you as you inhaled sharply, before turning back to Hawks. You walked forward, feeling your hands balling into fists at the awkward interaction. You're just walking, but now having everyones eyes on you just brought back bad memories. Soon you were just a few feet in front of Hawks, the man looking at his nails boredly.

"Okay-"

"Seems fine to me. Now, curtsy."

"Hah?"

Shoto called your name, bowing to show you what he had meant, and you nodded, bowing the same way the prince did. Hawks laughed and gently flapped his wings, picking himself up and landing quietly next to you.

"No, no. Shoto, don't mess her up now. You want to do it like this."

He took your hand and forced you to grab the edge of your skirt, explaining the gesture as he helped you master the proper way to do it. You felt stupid, bowing to nothing as he clapped his gloved hands together as you did, bowing back the way Shoto had done.

"There's more than one way, but this is all you'll need to learn. Go ahead and practice with those two."

You shook your hair back and turned to Bakugou and Kirishima, the two males watching you carefully as Bakugou kept glancing at Hawks, his eyes narrowing each time. You skipped over and curtsied, chuckling with Kirishima as the redhead bowed back, taking your hand and kissing your knuckles with an exaggerated voice.

"My Lady."

"Ah, good day, Sir."

You both laughed as Bakugou crossed his arms, huffing as you curtsied to him, Kirishima elbowing the blonde as he shook his head.

"Ї Ԁөҋ't БөѠ tө ДҋҰөҋЄ. Ї ҪДҋ't БЄℓЇЄѴЄ ҰөҴ ЈҴЅt ԀЇԀ."

"өӉ ҪөӍЄ өҋ, Їt'Ѕ Дℓℓ ҒөЯ ҒҴҋ. Їt'Ѕ tӉЄЇЯ ҪҴЅtөӍЅ, ЈҴЅt tЯҰ Їt."

Bakugou inhaled slowly, watching as you extended your hand and winked at him. He rolled his eyes and bowed haphazardly to you, taking your hand and kissing it gently. You smiled and turned to Shoto, once again dipping as you held out your skirt, giggling with the prince as he bowed back perfectly, taking your hand and bringing it to his lips. Before they connected, however, Bakugou was at your side, grabbing Shotos wrist and stopping him from kissing your hand.

"ҰөҴ Ԁөҋ't ҋЄЄԀ tө Ԁө tӉДt ҏДЯt."

"ДӉ, ℓ-ℓЄt Ԍө, ҜДtЅҴҜЇ."

You leaned over and gave Bakugou a kiss on the cheek, distracting the blonde as Shoto leaned even closer and kissed your hand, a slight smirk on his lips as he let you go, pulling his hand back from Bakugou. Shoto laughed to himself as the blonde got confused, realizing what had happened as he pulled you away from Shoto and closer to him and Kirishima. Hawks watched the interaction, his smile growing wider as he called out to the four of you.

"If the poor prince can't even handle his princess being with one other man, how is he going to handle next week? There will be hundreds of people."

He looked at Kirishima directly, his tone growing a little more stern as the redhead winced, nodding in agreement.

"Be sure to keep him in line. That's your job as his Dragon, right?"

"I-I'll be sure to keep him in check. ө-өЇ БДҜҴԌөҴ, ҰөҴ ҋЄЄԀ tө ӍДҜЄ tӉЇЅ ЄДЅЇЄЯ ҒөЯ ӍЄ, ҏℓЄДЅЄ?"

"БҴt-"

"ҪөӍЄ өҋ...Ї ѠөЯҜЄԀ Ѕө ӉДЯԀ tө ЅДѴЄ ҰөҴ ԌҴҰЅ ҒЯөӍ-"

"өҜДҰ, ҒЇҋЄ!"

Bakugou kicked at the floor and grabbed Kirishima, throwing his dragon into a headlock as he whispered harshly.

"БҴt ҰөҴ ҪДҋ't ӉөℓԀ tӉДt өѴЄЯ ӍЄ ҒөЯЄѴЄЯ, ҰөҴ БДЅtДЯԀ."

"Ї Ѡөҋ't, Ї Ѡөҋ't."

Kirishima chuckled as he struggled out of Bakugous grasp, turning to you as he bowed again, less exaggerated and more respectfully. You dipped back, looking over to Hawks as you asked about what you would have to do next. The man with wings hummed and looked off at nothing, pouting his lips as he removed his gloves and snapped his fingers, shoving them into one of his many pockets.

"Do you know how to dance?"

A quick flash of your memory reminded you of one of the many dreams you had had over your journey, painfully remembering how you had danced with Bakugou and Kirishima in the quiet forest dwelling you had lived in. You brought your hand to your chest and stared down at the ground, feeling almost heartbroken from the memory. It wasn't real. Calm down.

"...Not at all, if you mean however you dance here..."

"It's simple ballroom dancing."

"I don't think I even know what that is..."

Todoroki scoffed to himself and coughed to clear his throat, taking a step forward before stepping back when Hawks had flown from the bench to inbetween you and the prince. He bowed and offered you his hand, lifting up his visor to reveal his golden eyes.

"Well then, we better start practicing."

You felt a chill run through you as he stared at you, bent over enough to meet your eye level, while his wings stayed towering over you with intimidation. You glanced at Bakugou and Kirishima, the redhead tugging on Bakugous arm as he looked like he was holding him back. You swallowed and exhaled slowly, offering your hand to Hawks as he immediately moved into position, telling you where to put your hands as his other moved dangerously down to your waist.

"It might seem awkward to you at first, but these are the basics. I know exactly what will be played at the party and what dances to teach you. Come now, dance with me."

You yelped quietly as you were dragged around the courtyard, just barely missing his toes as Hawks stayed light on his feet. You stared up at him, growing more and more embarrassed as he smirked back at you. You went to turn your head to look away, but his hand moved from your waist to your chin, forcing you back to facing him.

"Keep your head turned to your dancing partner, it could mess up your rhythm."

He turned your positions so that you were almost facing the other three, still dancing but now with a better view of them. Hawks leaned down and whispered in your ear, his words sounding more like advice, or an order, than some joke.

"But you're more than welcome to divert your eyes. You should remember how to lead, it'll help."

When he leaned back, you glared up at him, feeling his glare back at you. Was he...trying to tell you something? You glanced over, your eyes trailing to the other three before looking back at Hawks, who nodded in approval, his voice turning to a low whisper yet again.

"You want to stay alert during events like these...you never know who might be there."

You cocked an eyebrow and tilted your head, gasping as Hawks twirled you, fanning you both out as he spun you around and brought you against his chest, his wings stretching out even further. You shouted as he lifted you both into the air, chuckling as your grip on his hand and shoulder grew tighter, dancing you around near the ceiling. The bright sunlight reflected in the windows shown against your eyes, making you squint as Hawks continued to laugh, turning you both so that the shadows from him and his wings blocked you. You froze midair, glancing around as you slowly turned your head, looking down at the ground as Shoto and Bakugou shouted for the man to bring you back down. Hawks ignored them and once again leaned closer, whispering with a tone you hadn't heard him use in a long time. He sounded like how he did when he had threatened you, Bakugou, and Kirishima so long ago.

"There's going to be a lot of dangerous people at this event. People of royalty and power that would love nothing more than to kill or sell someone as rare as the first Egabian seen in over a hundred years."

Your eyes widened and you turned back to Hawks, staring him down with a shocked expression.

"My job is to keep you safe, but I want you to be aware of the situation, even more so than our Majesty."

You tried to speak but felt your throat close up, so you nodded in understanding, Hawks smile replaced with a serious, almost frowning expression on his lips. He looked so serious. What was his endgame?

"Why would he invite people like that though?"

You whispered back, almost shocking the man with wings, before he laughed, shaking his head.

"Welcome to the world of politics. Our Majesty has a plan, and I stand behind him. Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you."

Your eyebrows pinched in his failed attempt at reassurance, looking back down at the ground as he slowly lowered to both to the floor. As soon as your feet hit the ground you staggered, feeling a slight nausea from being airborne. You held onto Hawks for stability, apologizing as he smirked and made a comment about how women 'usually clung to him like that'. You huffed and let him go, slowly walking over to Bakugou and hugging the prince, feeling a wave of relief as Bakugou wrapped one arm around you, keep him at his side.

"ЅөЯЯҰ, БДҜҴԌөҴ."

"Doun't be, ѠӉө ҜҋөѠЅ ѠӉДt tӉЇЅ ԌҴҰ ЇЅ tӉЇҋҜЇҋԌ..."

Hawks put his hands up in defeat, shaking his head and claiming that he wasn't doing or thinking anything. He smirked and nodded to Kirishima, before nodding to Bakugou.

"Do either of you know how to dance like this?"

"Um, not really, but Bakugou here is a quick learner!"

Kirishima nudged Bakugou gently, giving the prince a rougher push when he didn't step forward, forcing you both to step closer. Hawks sighed and shook his head, nodding over to Shoto.

"Oi, Shoto, dance with (F/N) and have them watch you, now that she has the basics down."

"Hah?"

"ӉДӉ?!"

Bakugou tightened his grip on you, growling as Shoto held his hand out, rolling his eyes slightly.

"Come on, Bakugou."

"ЅӉЄ'Ѕ ҋөt ԀДҋҪЇҋԌ ѠЇtӉ ДҋҰөҋЄ БҴt ӍЄ-"

"ЅӉЄ'ℓℓ ӉДѴЄ tө Дt tӉЄ ҒЄЅtЇѴДℓ, Ѕө ҰөҴ ӍЇԌӉt ДЅ ѠЄℓℓ ԌЄt ҴЅЄԀ tө Їt."

"Їt'Ѕ Д Ball, ҋөt Д ҒЄЅtЇѴДℓ."

Hawks corrected Kirishima, waving his hand as the redhead apologized, a slight irritation in his voice from being corrected. After a few whispers shared between Kirishima and Bakugou, the blonde grit his teeth in defeat, pointing angrily at Shoto as his eyes shown in the light, watering slightly. Was he...about to cry out of anger? You glanced over and saw Kirishimas eyes were watering as well, an angry and pissed off look covering his face. Gods.

"Ї ЅѠЄДЯ БҰ tӉЄ ԌөԀЅ ЇҒ ҰөҴ tЯҰ ДҋҰtӉЇҋԌ ҒҴҋҋҰ ԀҴЯЇҋԌ tӉЇЅ, Ї'ℓℓ ҜЇℓℓ ҰөҴ ѠЇtӉ ӍҰ өѠҋ tѠө ӉДҋԀЅ."

"Ї'ℓℓ БЄ ԌЄҋtℓЄ."

Bakugous eye twitched in anger as Shoto stared back unfazed, not realizing he had gotten his Mirag mixed up again. The prince wanted to shout, but stopped as Hawks put his wing between the two, blocking Bakugous view and turning to face the prince.

"ЇҒ ҰөҴ ҪДҋ ӍДЅtЄЯ Їt ѠЇtӉ ҰөҴЯ ԀЯДԌөҋ, Ї'Ӎ ЅҴЯЄ ЅӉЄ ѠЇℓℓ ℓЄt ҰөҴ ҏЯДҪtЇҪЄ ѠЇtӉ ӉЄЯ ДЅ ѠЄℓℓ."

The blonde prince growled and grabbed Kirishima, making the redhead chuckle slightly as Shoto held his hand out to you, smiling as you bowed before taking his hand in yours. He pulled you closer and placed your hand on his shoulder, resting his own on your waist and moving you even closer. You stared back at Shoto, seeing the details of his scar; the discoloring along the edges and hardened callused skin around his eye, making you wonder if he ever stared at it like you were just now. He stared back, his eyelids lowering as he focused on you, a light pink dusting his pristine skin.

"F-Focus-"

"I am, Shoto."

"Oh."

He began to side step, taking you with him as you started to dance. His feet weren't as light as Hawks, wincing as you stepped on his boots now and then, apologizing every other turn. Eventually you found a good pace and began to dance in sync, both turning to see Bakugou and Kirishima trying to mimic your hand positions.

"ҜЄЄҏ ҰөҴЯ ӉДҋԀ өҋ ӍҰ ЅӉөҴℓԀЄЯ."

"Ԁөҋ't ҏҴt ҰөҴЯЅ tөө ℓөѠ-"

"Ї'Ӎ ҋөt!"

"ℓЄt ӍЄ ҏℓДҰ tӉЄ ӍДҋЅ ЯөℓЄ-"

"ҋө, Ї'Ӎ ҋөt БЄЇҋԌ ӉЄℓԀ ℓЇҜЄ Д ѠөӍДҋ!"

The two bickered back and forth, both glancing over as you and Shoto twirled closer, chuckling as you tried to give them advice. You posed for the two, showing them exactly what to do as the four of you began to dance in tandem, Hawks chuckling and calling out that you were all learning fast. You twirled around and Shoto mimicked Hawks earlier, fanning you out before spinning you back towards him, taking your other hand so that your arms were crossed against you, practically hugging yourself as you were held against the prince. He smiled and leaned closer, apologizing for the improv move, and you shook your head, smiling back at him.

"I'm not able to fly like him."

"I'd rather stay on the ground anyways."

You both chuckled and continued to dance, your nerves lessening as you began to enjoy yourself. Dancing with Shoto...it felt nice, like being with a friend you had known your whole life. The prince spun you again with one hand and leaned you into a dip, his eyelids lowering as he stared at you. You were like a piece of something he had been missing. Why did he...yearn for you so much? What was it? He leaned closer, stopping himself as you spoke.

"You're an excellent dancer, Shoto."

"Ah-"

He reeled back and pulled you from the dip, letting you go and moving his hands to his sides, quickly bowing like he had done when you first started. You cocked your head, feeling your smile grow weaker, a slight feeling of pity growing in your chest. Why did he look so disheartened?

"Y-You too, (F/N)."

"өЇ өЇ, ѠӉДt ДБөҴt ӍЄ ҋөѠ? Ї ӍДЅtЄЯЄԀ Їt ДℓЯЄДԀҰ."

"ҪөҋtЯөℓ ҰөҴЯ ЄӍөtЇөҋЅ, ҜДtЅҴҜЇ, ԌөԀЅ."

Bakugou was fighting off Kirishima, the redhead harshly whispering for his prince to keep a level head, but his eyes began to glow that dangerous red, shaking off his anger. The blonde huffed and shrugged his dragon away, waltzing over to you and taking your hand in his. Shoto stared at Bakugou, glancing at you for a moment, before stepping back, apologizing under his breath.

"Sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry, Shoto. ҜДtЅҴҜЇ, ЅДҰ ЅөЯЯҰ."

"ӉДӉ? ҋө!"

"ҋөѠ."

You scolded Bakugou for being rude and nodded to Shoto, repeating your threatening words before Bakugou growled quietly, muttering under his breath.

"S-Sorry, Bastard."

"Gods-"

"It's close enough, (F/N)."

You sighed and took Bakugous other hand, placing it against your cheek as you nestled into his palm, glancing up at him. Without a word, and just from your half lidded (E/C) eyes, he could tell you were still mad, and he took a step back, bowing at you the way you had both been taught. You did your own curtsy, gasping as Bakugou immediately pulled you into position. He placed your hands for you, wrapping his arm around your waist pulling you so close you almost stumbled onto him. He tried to interlock your hands, making you growl under your breath that that wasn't how it was supposed to be held as you fought him off, but he only smirked softly and leaned closer, his bangs half covering his beautiful red eyes.

"Take my hand."

His voice was rough in your language, sending a chill through your body as you gave in and let him change what you had just learned, holding your hand tightly as you began to step from side to side. Slightly spinning around, you took in your surroundings while keeping your head turned towards Bakugou, noticing Shoto staring you down intently, Kirishima finally calming himself with his hand at his chest, and accidentally making eye contact with Hawks. You looked back at Bakugou, smiling as you leaned up and pecked him on the cheek, praising him and letting go of his shoulder for a moment to ruffle his hair, moving it from his eyes. It was so soft after you washed it.

"You're doing amazing, my Prince."

"You're perfect, Princess."

The quiet compliment make you smile even wider as he tried to copy the others, letting you go to fan you out, but you stumbled and fell into his arms, falling into a dip as he held onto you. You both froze, chuckling as you caressed his cheek and fell even further in love, staring back into his eyes. He smiled softly down at you as he pulled you back upright, ending the dance by quickly wrapping his arms around you in a hug. He whispered something in your ear, something you couldn't understand, but you ignored it, hearing the emotion in his voice and clinging to that instead.

"Well, that was some good practice, wasn't it?"

Hawks clapped his hands together twice to gather everyones attention, pulling yours away from Bakugou as the prince huffed and buried his face in the crook of your neck.

"You can continue on your own; you can never practice enough, but I think from what I've seen, you three are pretty quick learners."

Kirishima nodded and thanked Hawks, moving over and nudging Bakugou as the blonde thanked him as well. You went to thank him too, and he smiled, nodding to you and openly, yet slyly reminding you to keep what he had said in mind. He gestured to the door as your eyebrows furrowed, letting you four know that you could return to the Royal Library, or to ask if you needed to go anywhere else. You thanked him again and made your way into the open hall, the curtains billowing along the walls as the early afternoon wind made your dress skirt dance gently against your body. Hawks had gone out another door, disappearing from view as the four of you stood around, waiting for someone to speak up.

"So, should we go back to th-"

"Actually-"

You went to suggest going back to the library and meeting up with Uraraka and the others, but was interrupted when a voice behind you spoke up, making all of you turn around. It was Shoto, his face inexpressive as usual, but there was a hint of something in his eyes.

Sadness?

"Could I steal (F/N) for a while?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.6K 55
Sweet like a lemon, eh? * * * Katsuki Bakugo is ready for his second year at UA to be all about him but the arrival of a mysterious and highly talen...
1.5M 53.8K 60
"Any last words Hero?" "Do you like to breathe?" [Y/n] transfers to UA in her second year and quickly solidifies her position as one to watch, especi...
41K 711 35
Y/n is a young girl. but she was different from the others since she had to overcome her trauma but with the help of her father Shota, she was able t...
32.8K 1.2K 26
Saeki Atsuhi has finally made up her mind! On her birthday, during Training Camp, she plans to confess her newfound feelings to Bakugo Katsuki. As bo...