Ballin': Sequel of Last Shot

By JovenSalvaje

The Sequel of Last Shot More

Ballin' (August Alsina)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
NAU
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
On Hold
Chapter 26

Chapter 15

20.2K 868 151
By JovenSalvaje

I looked at Audriana sleeping peacefully on August's chest as I slipped on my jacket. I smiled and place a soft kiss on her chubby cheek. I grabbed my bag and keys and was off to catch my flight. I didn't want to wake August up, because I'd wake Na-na up. And I didn't want her to be awake when I left. So I sent August a text that I knew he'd read when he woke up.

August, I'm leaving the baby here with you only for a little while. Just until I catch up with shit in college and stuff. Take care of her, FaceTime me everyday, especially before bed time. When you have something to do, let my mama watch her. Don't take her over tanks, or any environment she shouldn't be in. And don't take her no where near that bitch of yours. I mean that shit, if I find out she was even in the same room as her, I'll come back... And you know I'll show my ass. Thanks for being such a good dad, I'll call Yall when I land.

I think I made the right choice leaving Audriana with my mama and August even though I didn't want to. I wouldn't have had anybody to watch her in Cali, everybody always busy and I don't trust that baby sitter shit. I have my worries still with her living here for a little while, but all I can do is trust August and my mama.

"Mommy gone be back real soon Na-Na, I promise." I said to myself before I walked out the door with my bags. I wiped a few tears that had fallen. It's hard leaving your only child behind, leaving them in somebody's else's care even temporarily, is really hard.

But if I wanna make something outta myself and get to where I wanna go, I have to. I can't mess up, this is a rare second chance to play basketball. It's the only thing I know, I don't even see myself doing something else, And I won't. I'm gone get where I wanna be, for my daughter and for myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 weeks later

I'd just gotten done working out with Chaz. I been working so hard on getting back in shape, and catching myself up on my work. I really think I made the best decision now, because when I come back home its usually around 9, then I may study for a little while, do homework. Then I'll take my ass to bed. The next day, it's the same shit.

My mama told me August is really good with Audriana, and he respects what I told him. When he leaves, he leaves her with my mama. When his mom wants to see her, she has to come over to the house. I feel better about Audriana being in Detroit especially since I also have my Mama looking after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That baby fat seem like it's just melting off you." Chaz teased. He was right, the weight was coming off me easier than I thought it would.

"Yup, soon my Lil packs gone be back." I laughed rubbing my stomach.

"In a couple more weeks, I'm gonna take you over to UCLA. I want you to meet the coach, and the girl you'll be playing."

"The girl I'll be playing? What you mean?" I questioned. Chaz chuckled to himself.

"I went with coach close when she was making recruits, and I told her I know somebody better than one of the girls she was thinking of recruiting. So we decided to have you both play a little game of One on One." Chaz smirked

"And if I win?" I raised an eyebrow

"You get the last spot on the team." Chaz answered. "You lose, I don't know what to tell you."

"So it's all or nothing huh?"

"Adrian, don't stress about it. You just gotta go out there and give her ass hell on that court. You say this is all you know and your only way out... play like it is."

I nodded. I felt a lot of pressure already.

"If you do..lose," Chaz hesitated to say "what will you do?"

"I'm gone go back to doin' the only thing I know how to do besides hoop."

"So you gonna go back to Detroit, with your child, and sell dope?"

"I'm gone do whatever it takes to make sure me and my family good. That's all Ima say."

If I had to go back to slangin, I would. It's not like I want to, but that's all I know. Been doin it since I was in Middle school, Ima vet at the shit now. But I could die, get locked up, anything. I ain't scared, but it ain't even just about me no more... it's about Audriana. I'll be at a bad place if I let ol girl get that spot on the team.

"Don't even worry about it Chaz, Ima whoop ol girl ass." I said convincing myself I'd win. "Literally if she win,"

Chaz laughed and shook his head. He was laughing, but I was serious. I need that spot. I got a lot to prove. I came too damn far too let some bitch just take everything I worked for away from me. Fuck being a sore loser or poor sport... sadly I still have a bit of Ace in me.

"Listen, I know we haven't talked about it but are you ready to meet my family?" Chaz asked

"You mean like your kids, wife, and all that shit? No..." I answered shaking my head.

"Why not? I told them about you and Shawniece, your mother too. They're all willing to meet Yall"

I really didn't feel like I needed to meet them. I mean it ain't like I'm finna just be around them all the time cause I'm not. I'm only around Chaz when I have to be.

"Okay, I'll meet them." As much as he was doing for me, I needed to do whatever he asked me to. I didn't need to be a stubborn bitch about nothing at all, he's done too much.

"Really? I don't have to put a gun to ya head?" Chaz joked

"Nope." I shook my head. "You doin' alot for me, it's the least I can do."

Chaz was smiling so hard, I thought his cheeks would start hurting.

"Alright, how about I drop you off back at home, and I come get you in a couple hours?"

"That's fine with me." I nodded in agreement.

"Adrian, I really appreciate you doing this. I want your sister to meet them soon too,"

"Well, you fly her ass out here. I'm sure she won't mind."

"Yall should really work on Yall bond. It's terrible." Chaz said

"Man I don't even care. I tried to make shit right with her, Shawnie needs to work on herself."

I'm over Shawnie. If we Don't ever be cool like we should be then shit, so be it. I ain't trying to make shit work with her no more. I'll just love her from a distance. I hope she gets herself together for the sake of her daughter though. That's who I feel sorry for, my niece. Poor baby parents ain't shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaz dropped me off at home and I went directly to the bathroom and showered, did my hair, make up, everything. The house was quiet...that's how I know nobody was home. I picked out a nice little casual shirt and some Mid-high AF1's. I don't care what I change, none of my sneakers are going anywhere.

While I was waiting for Chaz, My phone began to ring. August was facetiming me, I excitedly accepted the call knowing I was about to see my Nana

She was sitting on August's lap, looking straight into the camera sucking a pacifier.

"Heey, mommy baby!" I sang

"Say hey mama," August told her

"Aw, she getting so chubby. Mama miss you so much." I pouted

"Where you goin', sexy face?" August teased, causing me to blush.

"Meeting my pops family." I answered. August nodded.

"How's school and allat shit goin?"

"It's goin good, I gotta play some chicken head one on one for my spot." I rolled my eyes

"Well we hope you win, ain't that right Na-na?" He asked kissing her on the cheek. I looked at the two and started to feel a bit down. I wish they could just be down here with me.

"I got a deal for you August." I said smirking

"Nope. You up ta some bullshit. I can tell by the look in ya eyes." He shook his head

"Just listen alright?"

"Aight, go."

"If I win, you gotta give up the game and come down here with me. We can put our savings together and get our own place and shit..."

"And if you lose?" He asked.

"I come back to detroit." I answered simply. Knowing he already knew what would happen if I came back. It was something I honestly didn't wanna do. I wanna live in California, I wanna make clean money, I don't wanna feel like I'm putting my life on the damn line no more.

August chuckled. "Dead ass?"

"Dead ass."

"Alright, Deal. I'll talk to you later, Nana need a bottle."

"Okay, bye Nana." I made a kissie face at her, she cracked a little smile.

"Bye sexy face, see you soon. I'll pay fa yo ticket back home."

"Bye August." I ended the call and rolled my eyes. Now I really gotta win. I can make August quit the game, have my baby down here with me, and play basketball. I'll be living the goodlife.

I sat there thinking about how things would be if I won while I waited on chaz. I wanted to win this game so bad, I needed to win. I sighed to myself

"You need this Adrian..." I told myself.

Comments? Votes?

Next chap. Adrian meets her Dad's side of the family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 7K 101
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
500K 2K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
799K 25.9K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
926K 49.3K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...