Death by a Thousand Cuts | Ro...

By SMcGlaggen

~~BOOK 2 of the Soffia Swan Series~~ Rosalie Hale and Soff Swan have been living a fairytale romance all summ... More

Characters
Death by a Thousand Cuts
Chapter 1: The Perfect Summer
Chapter 2: Bigamy
Chapter 3: Maggie Hussy
Chapter 4: Deep talks
Chapter 5: Inner Wounds
Chapter 6: Time has come
Chapter 7: A Crimson Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Loving An Angel
Chapter 9: Priorities
Chapter 10: Kim Lewis
Chapter 11: Night Out
Chapter 12: Charlie's Ultimatum
Chapter 13: Bella's Allucinations
Chapter 14: Beach Talk
Chapter 15: The Hopeless Flirt
Chapter 16: I Miss You
Chapter 17: Mono
Chapter 18: Wolves
Chapter 19: Memories
Chapter 21: First Times
Chapter 22: Back
Chapter 23: At the Cullen's
Chapter 24: An Overdue Conversation
Chapter 25: Leah knows
Chapter 26: Free
Chapter 27: Back to School
BOOK 3

Chapter 20: Charlie

6.5K 407 200
By SMcGlaggen

'Are you still mad?'

I rolled my eyes.

'Yes'

Kim has been pestering me about forgiving her for telling Jared all I confide her about my relationship with Rosalie.

Her excuse was that she was so thrilled about having an unconditional best friend, she did not know the wolves could read each other's mind while shifted. That was a surprised for me too, then Kim begged me not to tell the pack I knew about their group telepathy since that was tribe secrets and I was not supposed to know about them.

Then I realized that Kim had not intentionally revealed my secret, she was such a blabbermouth. That lessen my anger but I was still not letting her off the hook that easy.

'I am sorry, baby!'

I placed the phone back in my pocket.

"I do not want you or Bella going in the woods" Charlie dropped in the chair in front of mine at the kitchen table "I will be going hunting later with Harry and some of the guys, those wolves are hiding out there"

"Okay" I nodded, and served myself one of the pancakes that Charlie made.

"I already told your sister but you know she has not a bone of survival skills on her body so be sure to literally knock some sense into her if you know she plans to take a hike or something like that" Charlie stated sounding serious

I smiled mischievously "Count on it"

"Any word on the Cullens?" Charlie asked me trying to sound casually, I eyed him before continuing spreading the maple syrup on my pancake.

"Maggie has not texted me back in weeks" I admitted with a sigh "I think it is my fault, I told her I needed some space and stopped talking to her then change my mind"

"What about Rosalie? Have you been emailing her?" Charlie arched an eyebrow, I stared at him for a couple of seconds a little confused.

"I told you when they moved away that we agreed on not communicating with each other" I shook my head, the nasty ball of pain at the pit of my stomach bounced. She had decided that at least.

"Yeah I know "Charlie made a sour face "Is just that I thought you were the smarter than that"

"What you mean?" I could not help but wonder with bitterness as I took a bite of my food, Charlie was staring at me and I was trying to avoid his gaze.

"Well it is not every day you can get a girl like that to date you, for you to just reject her" Charlie words made me gasp. The fork I was eating with fell off from my hand.

"Wha..." My voice broke with a tremble "What you said?"

"That Rosalie is beautiful, like really beautiful, and smart and she cares about you" Charlie placed his hand on my shaking one, steadying it "You looked the happiest I have seen you when you were with her"

"How?" I could not even form a proper question; tears were brimming in my eyes. Charlie knew.

Charlie knew about my and Rosalie. Charlie knew and her approved, that was even more shocking to me.

"You are my kid" he laughed "I've always known"

The relief that ran through my body was one of the best experiences of my life. My father knew I had a girlfriend and he still considered me his daughter.

My anger towards Renee grew, she had always made me feel as an outcast, when I had Charlie. A loving parent that accepted and approved of who I truly was.

"If you knew then why you kept bothering me with the whole Jasper thing?" I accused suddenly when I remembered all the times he warned me about dating a guy with a girlfriend.

"I just thought that you defending yourself could be a pathway to admit you were actually dating Rosalie" Charlie admitted looking really proud of herself.

I squinted my eyes at him, blush was burning on my cheeks.

Part of me wanted to smack the smirk off his face with the newspaper laying on the table.

"So you did that on purpose?" Charlie snickered at my astonishment.

"I just wanted to give you a little push" He shrugged his shoulders, thinking himself so smart.

"You are not going to tell Bella are you?" I bit my lip, remembering my sister and her ignorance towards my relationship.

"I will let you do that yourself" Charlie eased me, I let out breath I was not aware I was holding.

"Bella is convinced that I was in a relationship with Jasper" I admitted with blush burning from my cheeks all the way down to my neck "I am pretty sure she thinks I am a homewrecker or something like that"

"Ah" Charlie looked like he wanted to burst out laughing but managed to keep his expression "Your sister is quite something"

I knew Charlie was too kind to admit how clueless Bella could be. Growing up it was a huge no-no to acknowledge the fact that I was smarter than my older sister, Renee always said that I should not brag of my brains because it would make my sister feel bad. Bella often admitted that I was the smart one, she was not that dumb to not notice, but using that fact to mock her or hurt her was not something I've ever done.

"It baffles me how she is able to ignore what is right in front of her eyes and yet discover the most absurd of things" I shook my head, Bella could figure out that Edward and his family were vampires but couldn't figure out I was dating Rosalie.

Perhaps she did not want to see it? Perhaps she was not okay at all with it and simply chose to ignore it.

I shook my head no; this was Bella I was talking about. She was not that closed minded, she was dating a vampire – a frigid one- but a vampire nonetheless. She was my big sister, the person who always took care of me.

"She will take it great" Charlie patted my forearm "I know Bells, she loves you and trust me when I tell you she won't care whether you are dating Jasper or Rosalie"

Charlie smirked "Well I actually she would have more of an issue with you dating Jasper, because he is Alice and all"

I rolled my eyes and playfully punched him on the arm.

"I really do have to ask" Charlie laughed out loud before trying to calm himself down "How did the rumor that you were dating Jasper started?"

I face palmed, Charlie was such a child. He seemed like he was having the greatest time out of my embarrassment.

"It was an accident" I rubbed my hand against my forehead "People noticed I was staring to much at the Cullens and I kind of told Bella it was Jasper, then I talked to Jasper at a party and was blushing so hard because I remembered I told my sister I had a thing for Rosalie's twin, everybody assumed I was in love with him!"

Charlie was covering his mouth with the palm of his hand, his whole body shaking with the laughter he was holding inside, I gave him an unimpressed look.

"Alice and Jasper then were having too much fun with the whole thing and offered to keep the charade up" I admitted still conflicted about the whole thing.

They offered to do that because I was not brave enough to admit out to the public that I was dating their sister.

"Rosalie must've loved that" Charlie pipped in, taking every ounce of self-control in him not to burst out laughing. I smacked him with the newspaper on the table.

"I am done with this conversation" I huffed as I stood up and made my way out of the kitchen.

"Soff" Charlie called for me, I turned around at the first step of the stairs and peeked my head in the kitchen "A girl like Rosalie, is one in a life time opportunity, fight for her"

My eyes filled with tears. I turned around and rushed up stairs.

I had fought. I wanted to tell him I had done my best.

I had begged her to stay.

But to love someone is also to set them free. Especially when they do not want to be with you.

I sat on the desk and opened my computer on the mail app.

To: Maggie.Hussy @mail.com

From: Soff.Swan @mail.com

Maggie,

I can't do this anymore; I can't keep pretending I am okay.

The pain is ripping through my chest 24/7. I used to try to ignore in hopes that eventually it would go away but it just doesn't.

My feelings are too conflicted and my heart is too hurt.

I'm do not even have the strength to describe this terrible pain, it only makes it more real and palpable.

You are probably not even going to read this.

Bye,

Soff

"I'm coming" I yelled once again as I ran to the door, someone was banging on it uncontrollably.

"I said I was..." My voice fades off at the person on the other side of the door holding a bouquet of flowers.

"I am sorry" Kim apologized and offered me the bouquet, I blinked perplexed.

No one has ever given me flowers.

"Kim" I gulped and accepted the flowers, stepping to the side so she could come in.

"Let me do the talking, baby" she placed one single finger on top of my mouth "I messed up, I did not know that they could read each other's mind"

I opened my mouth.

"I know it still not an excuse, I never should have open my mouth in the first place" she cut me off before I could even start "I was so excited when I found out that Jared had imprinted on me, to know that I had an unconditional friend who would never betray me"

I frowned, I was her friend and I would never betray her.

"I was telling him all about how I was so into you and falling head over heels that I got carried away, then he told me all about them being vampires and I was so scandalized because I thought that perhaps you did not know and... "she ran out of breath and I was staring at her with wide eyes.

"Wait" I interrupted her when she was about to continue with her nervous ranting "Did you just said that you are into me?" I gaped, it was difficult to think that Kim was into me.

I knew she flirted with me and often made some offers but she had called it distractions.

I had thought she was joking, trying to nurse my wounded self-esteem.

"Isn't it obvious?" she tilted her head confused all of a sudden "You are beautiful, kind and you are so smart which makes you even sexier?"

Sexy? No one has ever called me sexy.

"Kim..."

"I know you are broken; I know you are injured" she took my hand that was not holding the bouquet "But we can work out because you are too precious for me to let go and I can be as patient as we want, you are worth every second I spend waiting on you"

Charlie's words from earlier echoed on my head. Kim wanted to be with me, she liked me.

She said that I was worth it

I still did not love her. I felt things for her but it was nothing near love.

But perhaps with time, those feelings could form.

Published 04/23/21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 13K 23
in which their mate was already in love with someone other than them โ€ข " i have a boyfriend. " " oh. " โ€ข [ AFTER BREAKING DAWN PART TWO ] ...
262K 8.2K 23
A boy who would live forever fell in love with a girl who wouldn't last the year. "if i loved you less, i might be able to talk about it more." --- ...
58K 2.1K 22
Because maybe there's more to life. Rosalie hale x FemOC