Ice burn//Adam Banks

By DoWaDiddyDumDo

Bridget Nixon attends Eden Hall with a academic scholarship and they give her a second chance at figure skati... More

Framed
Eden Hall Academy
Cold as Ice
Coach Smirnoff
New Roster
Hans
The Funeral
Banksie
Lost Myself
Bloods and Allies
Robots and blueprints
Country Club
Board Meeting
Math Prodigy
Showdown
Kristin's a BIOTCH
Potentially
Bruised
Regionals
Surgery
Falling Hard
Stupid Engagement Ring
I like Switzerland
War Against Riley and Banks
Besides the Warnings
What We Could've Been
Authors Note : Please Read
Im so lonesome I could cry
E-Scape Goat
Nationals
Burnt Out
Not an Update
Fucking Knock
Perfection
Not an update
Maybe Fixed Problems
Ice Burn
Epilogue
Thank You!

Hard Knock Life

1.6K 21 2
By DoWaDiddyDumDo

It was around midnight. I looked up at the ceiling of my new room. I haven't been in the mood lately to organize the room. It was a mess. A boring mess.

Was I wrong for walking away? Adam liking me was something I was even expecting. From his soft hair to his tall body, the boy was totally out of my league. Adam was sweet, kind, caring, funny. He was the golden boy. One of the best hockey players at Eden Hall.

He is so sweet that he dropped Varsity just to be a duck. That boy could never leave the ones he cares about. The problem with that is that if he cared for me so much, he would choose me over wonderful opportunities. As successful as he is, I didn't want to be in the way of his achievements. It'd be terrible of me to weigh him down.

I can't love Adam Banks. He's too good for me. Oh for fucks sake, all i could think of was his smile, his button nose, and the fact that he never left my side until Rick started to get in the way. Damn Rick.

Involuntarily, I started to cry. I never cry. I don't cry. I can't cry. No, i'm not a cryer.

"I'm such a pussy." I croaked as I began to sob in my bed. Slowly, I sat up and looked out the window.

I'm the reason Adam is in this situation. If I just stayed with Rick none of this would've happened. Everything Adam had is on the line because of me. Why would he do that?

As the time at night went on, I found myself being woken up by the sound of someone barging through my door.

"Hey Cinderella, it's the hard knock life." Bianca spat as she threw cleaning supplies onto the floor. I rubbed my eyes and noticed it was daylight.

"Your father is away at work, Teagan is at a friends house, so it's just you and me, Sister." She clicked her tongue.

I and covered my face with a pillow and groaned.

"I want this house spotless by the time you father comes home around 3. Bathrooms must absolutely shine, kitchen must sparkle, You know what to do." She said. "If anything isn't perfectly cleaned, you won't hear the end of it!"

"Wow, good for me. I'm absolutely terrified." I moaned sarcastically. 

"Get up!" In an instant, Bianca pulled me out of bed.

"I'll be getting my hair done. If nothing is done by the time I get back, i'll be sure to get some arrangements to ship you to Switzerland."

"It's better than seeing your mid life crisis plastic ass face that my father paid for." I snickered.

Bianca scoffed and stomped down the stairs.

I looked to the only poster on my wall of Nancy Kerrigan. "Let me guess, this is the part where I start singing Annie, right." I say to the poster. After an expected no response I scoffed, rolled my eyes, and picked up the stupid cleaning supplies.

"Cinderella my asshole." I mumbled as I walk out.

I plopped myself on the couch as I held onto the mop and bucket filled with cleaning supplies. Tiredly, I stared at nothing.

"I want to drown Bianca." I whisper. Just then, I loud knock came from the front door.

I don't know who I expected but it wasn't them.

"Hi Julie." I say. "What are you doing here?"

"I know Adam needs cheering up and I know that you need cheering up so come with me."

"What? No, i'm not talking to Adam. I made that very clear last night when I was over there."

"Yeah, and are you happy about the decision. Because if you are, I won't make you come with me."

I shifted my weight onto my other leg and crossed my arms. "Yes I am."

Julie stared at me, not believing any of my shit.

"Well, what do you want me to say?" I hissed. "It's not good for either of us to be hanging out if we both know that it's going to affect us negatively."

Julie sighed. "I won't force you two to see each other, but I still want to cheer you up. It looked like it was a harsh breakup."

"It wasn't a breakup. we were never dating."

"Are you sure? You too honestly could have just gotten married already." Julie exclaimed. "Whatever cmon, we are going to the arcade."

"Wait, I can't." I stop her from pulling me.

"Why not?"

"Bianca." I groaned. "I have to CLeAn ThE HoUsE before she comes home."

Julie rolled her eyes. "Who gives a shit about her? No one likes her anyways. In fact, trash the goddamn place and blame it on her."

"If only my dad wasn't so blind." I sat down glumly on the stairs in front of my house.

Julie sat down next to me.

"I just wish I could see eye to eye to her. Just get on the same level." I groan. "I just wish she could just leave me alone."

Julie thought for a moment. "Maybe she could leave you alone if you scare her off?"

"What do you mean?" I question.

"Where is she right now?"

"Getting her hair done. Why?"

Julie smirked at me. "Does she like the color green?"

My frown slowly turned into a smirk.

Next thing you know, we found ourselves at the hair salon. She was sitting by the sink with her hair soaking in bleach as she relaxed with her eyes closed.

Julie and I checked in a acted like customers.

"Hey, you you guys carry the color green. I'd love to have green hair." Julie said to the lady working. She nodded and walked to the back to grab green hair dye.

She came back and set it at the counter and ordered us to wait a moment and went into the back. I motioned for Julie to take the green hair dye and hand it to me. We then snuck over to Bianca. Before we could do anything, the lady that was doing her hair started to approach us. Julie walked over to her. "Hey, can you show me the directions to the nearest library?" She said to the lady to distract her.

I got a hot rag from the counter and placed it over Bianca's eyes.

"I'm back, my dear." I say in a random accent. "You said you just wanted a bleaching?"

"A bleaching and a wax. My eyebrows are just awful."

"Right right. So I am now applying more bleach to give it that platinum blonde look. It's very in style at the moment." I say on the verge of laughing. I begin to cover the green hair dye onto her hair, messaging it evenly into her thin, dry locks. I wanted to vomit touching it.

"And a wax..." I say as I begin to get the waxing strips. I looked over the counter the hid me from the employees as I played the prank and I saw the lady that she was with slowly loose interest.

"I'll be back with the waxing supplies in a minute." I stutter and sneak out the back. Julie saw me and ran out the front of the building to meet me in the ally way.

"Did you do it?" She Julie whispered to me.

"Yeah, I did. Now we just gotta get home before she does."

"Yeah, and also wash your green hands."

We rushed to me house and barged in.

"We have to clean all of this?!" Julie whined.

"Don't worry, just wipe the bare minimum and spray fabreeze in the air. She won't know the difference." I shrug. "And clean anything that looks out of place or dirty."

As Julie cleaned, I tried to scrub the green off my hands but nothing would work. In frustration, I continued to scrub until my hands started to hurt. "Shit." I mumble.

Then an idea hit me. I ran into my old room and went into the attic. There I found art supplies and a piece of paper.

I rushed outside and set up in the grass.

"What are you doing?" Julie asked.

"The dye won't get off my hands. If I make it look like I was painting something, she wouldn't suspect that it was me."

"I'm sure she would blame you anyways."

"So? If my dad sees what happened to her he'd freak. This would at least get him in my side." I explain as I cover my paper with green paint. I then cover some spots with brown and darker shades of green for texture.

"What is it?" Julie asked.

"Forest? Maybe? I don't really know." I shrugged.

When I finished, I hung it on the laundry line and collecting my painting supplies and left it on the table for evidence that I did paint.

The car started to pull in.

"Bianca is here." I say and pull julie inside.

"Should I leave?"

"No, if you stay it will seem as if I were busy with you."

"But what about my painting? Should I paint something?"

"I don't kn-." I was interrupted my the sporting opening. I shoved Julie onto the couch as I stood behind it. It was my dad.

"Dad? I didn't think you were coming home till 3?" I say.

"I decided to come home early. Hey Julie, how are you?"

"I'm doing good, Mr. Nixon. How about you?"

"I'm fine, thank you? We're you girls painting. I see you have some paint on your hands."

"Yeah, sorry. We were just going to clean it up." I say.

"That's okay. Just make sure you get that paint off. It could stain." My father replied.

Julie and I nodded then exchanged glances. Just then, an angry Bianca barged into the house.

"BRIDGET! YOU ARE SO- Oh hi honeyyyyyy." Bianca stated. Two faced son of a bitch. I rolled my eyes at the lady's gesture.

"Oh Bianca!" My dads eyes widen. "Umm did you do something to your umm.... Did you get a haircut?"

"No, I didn't get a haircut." She hissed.

"In fact, your little daughter here SABOTAGED ME!"

"What are you talking about? I've been here with Julie this whole time." I argued.

"Then explain this!" She yelled as she held out my hand. "Caught red handed. Or green handed!"

"She was painting. You can look at in outside. She hung it up to dry." Julie defended.

Bianca scoffed and looked on the back porch at our mess.

"Well what happened to cleaning the house?" Bianca scoffed. "It was supposed to be spotless for your father."

"Well too bad. It's not like he gives two shits if the house is messy or not. He lived with Skeeter all his life." I argued.

It was obvious that Bianca was getting furious with me. It was hard for her to be intimating when she looks like the freaking grinch.

"Bianca, I don't think you should accuse my daughter for something that didn't happen." I dad scolded. "It's quite obvious that she was here the whole time."

"B-But she-."

"Bianca, I'll talk to you upstairs." He said.

Bianca scoffed once more and stomped up the stairs.

"She looks like the grinch." Julie giggled.

"I was just thinking that!!" We both busted out laughing as my dad crossed his arms and glared at us.

"You think this is funny, Bridget?" He questioned.

"What? I mean yes a little bit. But I didn't do it!"

"Bridget..."

I sighed. I've been quiet for too long. "Okay fine, I did it." I gave in. "But I have a reason. I really do. It's a lot but you need to understand why I did it. Please just listen."

My dad scoffed. "I'll deal with you later." He said and started up the stairs.

I scoff and march outside. "This is so stupid!" I yelled and plop down onto the beach chair.

"Hey, it was your idea to admit, not mine."

I look at Julie. I dont glare, I look and stare.

"No shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 46 14
After receiving scholarships from Eden Hall Academy, a very prestigious school, Y/n and the rest of the Ducks must face challenges such as a new coac...
21.6K 235 34
Sadie Ross - the best friend everyone wants. Smart, witty, beautiful, and kind, with a heart of pure gold. Charlie Conway - captain and heart of the...
83.8K 1.3K 40
𝗙!𝗢𝗖 𝘅 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘄𝗮𝘆 Daisy Jacobs is on the District Five hockey team with her best friends Averman and Jesse. District Five isn't...
22.5K 301 14
"Yeah, number one figure skater in Eden Hall not much you know?" Mila Star was a figure skater at Eden Hall. When the Ducks notice that the girls fri...