Strength to Find Her Way

By EBZachary

Quinn is a werewolf living in the Diamond Crescent pack. Being the head pack warrior's daughter, she is phys... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Epilogue

Chapter 40

17.3K 555 39
By EBZachary

Chapter 40

Liam POV

Quinn and I were walking back to the pack house now. She wanted to run of course but I convinced her to walk so we could spend a little more time together. It was only a few miles back to the pack house but I could tell it was starting to get to Quinn how long it was taking.

"You want to run, don't you?" I asked, pulling her from her distracted thoughts.

"No, no, this is fine." I could tell she was lying.

"Do you ever sit still?" I questioned, though I'm sure I already knew that answer.

"All the time. I have to sit still in school, at meals, occasionally Suze will force me into a movie night..." she trailed off.

I laughed, "Do you ever sit still by your own choice?"

She looked thoughtful for a moment. "No. I don't think I do. I just love to be doing things all the time. I've been like that for as long as I can remember. I feel like if I'm not doing something, then I'm wasting my time. It drives me nuts. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing though."

I could tell she was mentally drifting away again. I didn't mean to start an introspective assessment of herself. It was still too early in the morning for that.

"Let's run," I said.

"What?" she asked, looking at me like I'd grown two heads.

"Running will make you feel better, right?"

"I guess so," she agreed.

"So let's run. It's probably getting late anyways and you need to be on time for school."

"Ugh, don't remind me," she complained. "I'm so over it already. It's going to be the most pointless week of my life."

I gave her a little shove, "If I have anything to say about it, I'll make sure it's one of the best weeks of your life."

She looked surprised as she gazed into my eyes. I didn't give her more than a second to think before I yelled, "See you at the pack house!" Before taking off as quickly as I could.

It didn't take long for Quinn to be right on my tail. "So not fair!" I heard her call out behind me. She was getting closer. Goddess, this girl could run.

I pressed on further though, not willing to give up just yet. She was right behind me now and I could see the pack house in the distance. Only a little further, I thought.

Once we were only a few hundred feet away, Quinn came up next to me looking relaxed, as if this was a light jog for her. "Shall I let you win, your highness? I'm more than willing to do that to boost your ego a little."

She was mocking me. She could tell I was trying my hardest and this was still child's play for her. I growled, my wolf feeling a bit put off by how easy it was for her to show us up.

I didn't push myself any harder or fall back at all. Quinn and I ended up reaching the steps at the exact same moment.

"How do you do that?" I groaned in frustration.

"I honestly don't know," she replied. "I've always been a bit faster and stronger than everyone else. My endurance is pretty great too. I think part of it is natural and the other part is hard work. I don't think you truly understand how hard I work to be the best version of myself I can be. I wake up early to train, leave school and train, train twice on the weekends, and add a few lifting or sparring sessions in when I can. I don't want to ever be at a disadvantage," she paused momentarily and I could see she was debating what she wanted to say. After a moment she added quietly, "I can't end up like my mother. I have to be strong not only for myself but for everyone I love as well. I need to protect everyone. I never want to go through what I've been through ever again. I can't lose anyone else. I won't."

I could see she was getting emotional at this point so I drew her into my arms as I felt a heavy sob wrack through her body. I allowed her to cry for a few more moments because I feel like she doesn't do this too often. In the past two days I'd seen her cry twice and each time it broke a little piece of my heart. She wants to be strong for everyone else but who is being strong for her?

Once the tears seem to have dried and the sobs were only slight hiccups, I drew her back slightly to look in her eyes. "Quinn, my love," her eyes widened slightly at my pet name for her but I continued. "You spend so much time worrying about everyone else and I find that so admirable but I want you to know you don't have to hold the weight of the whole world on your shoulders. Let me take some of the load. Please," I begged.

"I know you don't feel like you can trust anyone else and you have to do everything on your own but please put some trust in me. Let me take care of you. Let me help you. I want to be your rock that you can depend on. I might not be as fast or as strong as you," I admitted, wounding my ego in the process. "But I am just as determined to keep you safe as you are to keep your loved ones safe. Please Quinn, let me in."

Her eyes were glassy as she held eye contact. I couldn't read what she was thinking but she nodded almost imperceptibly, "Okay."

I let out a huge sigh and pulled her body closer to me, squeezing the little bit of air out of her lungs and causing her to groan.

"Sorry," I chuckled. "I couldn't help myself. You just make me so happy, Quinn."

This made her smile. "You make me happy too," she admitted.

My wolf howled in excitement. She really was starting to open up to us. I was on top of the world right now. I pulled her hand in mine and we walked up the steps towards the front doors. I opened the door for her and reluctantly let her hand go as she entered before me.

Most of the pack was up by now and I could tell it was probably later than Quinn usually returned from her workouts. I saw a few pack members look between Quinn and I skeptically but my glares had them scurrying away.

"Quinn!" I heard a loud voice yell from the door to the dining room. "There you are! It's almost seven thirty. We have to leave soon. What were you doing staying out that long?"

"I'm sorry Suze," Quinn said. "We ran into a problem on our run and it took longer than expected. I'll go get ready now."

Suze threw a suggestive look in my direction but I shook my head at her. No Suze, it isn't what you're thinking, I thought to myself.

'You wish,' my wolf said. I chose to ignore him.

Quinn was now upstairs with her door shut getting ready. I decided to join the rest of the pack for breakfast while I waited for my mate to return. It wasn't even ten minutes later, she was bounding down the stairs. Her hair was wet and she was wearing a tight tank top and very short shorts. I felt a growl start at the base of my chest but I attempted to hold it in. What was she doing leaving the house like that? Why did she always have to wear so little clothes?

I thought she'd join me for breakfast as I'd saved the seat next to me for her but she only ran through the room and grabbed a couple slices of bacon and a muffin before leaving again. I jumped out of my seat, drawing attention from those around me.

"Excuse me," I said gracefully, before leaving the room, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. I caught Quinn and Suze just as she was about to head out the door.

"Quinn," I said, trying my best to not sound irritated with her. I don't think I was entirely successful though as she turned around looking a bit miffed.

"Yes, Liam?" she asked a bit impatiently.

"I don't want to overstep but I just wanted to ask if you'd be willing to put on just a little more clothes? It's going to be hard enough to be away from you all day but now knowing other wolves, unmated ones at that, will be looking at you like that...it is driving me absolutely insane."

She looked at me thoughtfully before answering, "It's pretty warm out, you know? I like to dress for the weather. But if it makes you feel better, I'll throw on my flannel."

I sighed, thankful I hadn't started a fight with her. "Yes, thank you. I really appreciate it. I'll have a much easier day dealing with my wolf if you did that for me."

She chuckled as she pulled on the light flannel shirt, immediately rolling the sleeves up to her elbows. She left it open, which didn't bother me as much as I thought it would and then stood there about to leave.

"Anything else?" she asked.

"Just one more thing," I said, approaching her slowly.

I bent down to her level and leaned in as if I was going to whisper something in her ear. She waited patiently to hear what I had to say but instead I kissed her on the cheek, lingering for a moment to relish in the feeling of her skin beneath my lips.

"Have a good day," I whispered. "I'll miss you desperately but I'll be waiting for you when you arrive home."

I pulled away and saw her face tinged in pink. No one had seen our little exchange besides Suze, who was trying desperately to look like she was focused on anything besides us. Before I let my desires take over fully, I went to turn away. I felt Quinn grab my hand before I left though, the sparks traveling up my arm in a pleasurable way.

I turned back to see what she wanted but was met with her lips on mine. The kiss was so fast, I almost didn't have time to enjoy it and as soon as her lips left mine, she was out the door.

This day was going to be much harder than I had originally anticipated. My wolf growled in agreement. I sighed heavily and headed towards my temporary office. Maybe I'll be able to accomplish something productive today. I doubt it though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7M 677K 109
Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritage while unraveling the reason her new Al...
359K 11.1K 30
"My body and my wolf may want you but my brain and my heart don't." I said, proud of my words. "They will." ~•~•~•~•~•~ Weird, clumsy, smartass and b...
121K 5.1K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...