Dominic |18+|

By onlyshannon

Dominic Romanov, a mafia boss who spends the night with a beautiful woman who leaves him wanting more than wh... More

authors note
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Valentine's Day.
Bonus Chapter - The Reveal

19

579K 15.4K 20.2K
By onlyshannon

CAITLIN

Lucas.

"Not so fucking smart as you think, huh?" He growled and pressed the gun further into my neck. The cold metal hurt the delicate skin but I grit my teeth not giving him the satisfaction of seeing me wince.

I cursed my dark window tint to the depths of hell.

"Do not fucking move or I'll blow your brains out all over this fucking seat. Who do you work for?" Lucas asked harshly and the small hairs on my nape arose. Dominic's words came to mind instantly and I clenched my fists. You die before you snitch.

"Myself." I said confidently and the gun was removed from my neck. For a second I thought he believed me - but he grabbed my cheeks with one hand and turned my head to face him. I kept my composure when my eyes landed on him. Lucas was scary and he was impulsive. A bullet could be released into my skull right there and nobody would know.

"Don't play cute with me. Tell me who the fuck you work for." He snapped and tightened his grip on my face. I didn't say anything and he roughly let go of me. I grabbed my jaw and moved it side to side. That hurt. I watched as he climbed over to the passenger seat while keeping the gun pointed at me.

It was almost comical.

He grabbed something from his jackets pocket and began screwing the object onto the tip of the gun. It was a silencer and that's when my heart started pounding even harder. Was I going to be killed in the parking lot of a gym? I had imagine my death to be a lot less eventful than that.

"I would say we can do this the easy way or the hard way...but honestly, both ways would be easy." Lucas said slowly and leaned forward once again. My keys were still in my hand and if I was quick enough I would get him right in the carotid artery but I didn't want to take the chance.

"Speak." He demanded.

I didn't say anything.

Lucas reached over at lightning speed and pulled the back of my hair exposing my neck. He pressed the gun right below my chin and he was so close I could feel his breath. I made the mistake of whimpering when agony shot through my scalp and Lucas smirked at seeing me in pain.

"Drop that." He nodded his head to the key in my hand and cocked the gun. A sick feeling formed in my chest and I hesitantly let go of it feeling all hope of me getting out alive diminishing.

"I'm not going to ask again. Who the fuck do you work for?" You just did, you dumb fuck.

"Myself." I said through a clenched jaw while maintaining an unwavering stare with him. Lucas groaned out loud before pulling the gun away from my neck. My eyes widened when it was replaced by his lips and a tremor of disgust racked through me.

"Get the fuck off of me!" I yelled and tried to push him away but he was too strong - too powerful. I reached to the handle of the door and shakily tried to open it.

"Open that door and you're dead." He warned and I could see he meant every single word. His eyes were glossy and his pupils were heavily dilated - he looked high on something.

"You think you can steal from us and get away with it? You little bitch. Who the fuck do you think you are?" Lucas laughed but the humour was lacking. He reached to his pocket and pulled out his phone while aiming the gun in my direction.

"Yes boss, I have her. Do you want me to take her in for questioning or kill her right here?" Lucas held the phone to his face and tilted his head to the side as if he was asking a simple casual question.

Fuck - I was in trouble. I was either going to be shot dead or tortured until I spoke. Dominic words kept ringing in my mind and I clenched my eyes shut. He would want me to speak, right? My mind was hazy and a feeling of morbid hopelessness washed over me.

"Take her in and smack her around until the bitch speaks. We need to know who the fuck she's working for." A man responded and I felt my entire body rush cold. No fucking way. No fucking way.

"Papa?" My voice was cracked as I stared wide-eyed at the screen refusing to believe the very familiar voice I just heard. I would recognise it anywhere.

He was in jail. It wasn't possible.

"Caitlin?" My father sounded just as surprised as I was as he confirmed that it was in fact him. For a few moments I completely forgot how to breathe as the air got caught in my throat.

Dominic mentioned that Lucas was the second in command to a cartel drug lord and it turned out to be...my own flesh and blood. My throat felt like a golf ball had miraculously formed in it.

"What the fuck...you're his daughter?" Lucas asked in shock and quickly sprang away from me putting space between us.

The fire in my chest was blazing but at the same time I felt like I had no reason to be angry. I breathed in heavily and the back of my hands fell down to my lap.

"She's my daughter." My father...the Colombian cartel boss spoke hastily and sullenly.

"What the fuck..." I whispered.

How could I have been so oblivious? Why was I surprised? The more I thought about it the more it made sense.

My mother changing our surnames from Valencia to Haynes, obviously wanting to cut all ties with him. My mother forbidding me from seeing my own father because 'its dangerous' My mother demanding that we only speak English in her household.

Did Micah know?

"Caitlin? I swear to fucking God if you lay a hand on her." What the hell can you do? You're locked in a cell.

How could I have been so fucking blind?

"Boss I won't touch her." Lucas said shakily and I looked at him slowly. These were the type of men working for my father? I wasn't completely innocent - I drugged the man and they had obvious reasons to want to kill me but...but nothing. We were all fucked up.

"Caitlin, baby girl. Let me explain to you, okay? Your mother didn't want me to-"

"I'll come see you when I can." I interrupted him. We needed to talk but I had an idea that it wouldn't be anytime soon. How did this even happen? What were the fucking chances? It felt like everybody I knew was involved in some sort of criminal activity.

"Get out." I said and gripped the steering wheel tightly in my fists. I was overwhelmed by the newfound information and I wanted Lucas out of my presence. He seemed to be coming down from his high as his pupils returned back to normal but he could easily snap again.

He sighed. "Leave her alone Lucas and don't bother her again."

"But she stole-"

"Do you want a bounty on your head, boy? Don't fucking test me. Let her go." He said sternly and Lucas' eyes widened. My father was obviously very powerful to be able to make demands from inside a prison. I just couldn't understand why it was kept a secret from me.

Lucas got out and I felt my body finally slump down onto the seat in relief. How was I going to explain who I worked for without causing more complications?

I collected the fallen key from the floor of the car and stuck it into the ignition not wasting a single second before speeding out of the lot. Part of me wanted to rush to Dominic so that he could make me feel better like he always did...but that would be leading them right back to his place.

I felt like I couldn't go back to my apartment either.

My phone rang from inside my gym bag but I ignored it. It stopped but rang again and again until eventually I pulled over to the side of the road to answer whoever was calling.

"What?!" I yelled at the private number feeling beyond irritated.

"Ouch." Dominic said sounding hurt and I sighed letting my head fall back on the headrest.

"Why the fuck is your phone on private?" I asked a bit more harshly than I meant to. Don't take it out on him. He doesn't deserve it.

"I'm sorry," I apologised before he could say anything. Guilt consumed me - I was never the one to let my anger get the best of me and Dominic was not about to be my punching bag. "I didn't mean to speak to you like that." I said dejectedly.

"It's fine. What's wrong? Are you okay?" Dominic asked worriedly.

"I just...where are you?" I asked and watched the cars speed past me.

"I'm at your apartment waiting for you, angel." He said and I felt my heart sink. Dominic...he was always there for me.

"Okay. I'll be there soon." I muttered before switching the call off and getting back onto the road. Every five seconds I kept glancing at the rear view mirror or side mirrors in case anyone was following me.

When I finally reached my apartment door, Dominic was leaned against it and when he saw me he pushed himself off it and a smile formed on his face. It calmed me instantly but I unlocked the door and quickly stepped inside. I shut it behind Dominic and locked it before throwing myself into his arms.

"Baby...what's wrong?" He asked and stroked my hair as I firmly wrapped my arms around his waist. The warmth of his body and his scent was all the comfort I needed.

"Lets talk." I took his hand in mine and led us to sit on the couch. He was looking at me with concern in his eyes and underneath the dim light of my living room it almost seemed black.

"Ah fuck, you're done with me, aren't you?" I thought he was joking but the seriousness on his face said otherwise. My lips tilted up slightly and I shook my head.

"No." I reassured him and turned my body to face him. I was momentarily distracted by how good he looked in his grey sweatpants and plain black hoodie but I rid those thoughts immediately.

"What's the name of Lucas' boss?" I asked already knowing the answer.

He looked at me in confusion. "Alarico Valencia."

"You are rivals?" I questioned feeling dread and anxiety gush through me.

"We have been for years, angel. Can you tell me what's going on?"

Oh for fucks sake.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 29.6K 50
š‘«š‘¹š‘¶š‘¾š‘µš‘¬š‘« š‘©š‘³š‘¶š‘¶š‘«, Book 1 in š“š‡š„ šƒš‘šŽš–šš„šƒ š’š„š‘šˆš„š’ a dark enemies-to-lovers gang/mafia romance by šŠ. šƒš€š‘šŠ. š“š‡š„ š’šˆššļæ½...
529K 11.8K 65
"šŒš² šŸš®šœš¤š¢š§š  š¬š©š¢š­šŸš¢š«šž, š«š®š§ ššš¬ šŸššš« ššš§š ššš¬ šŸššš¬š­ ššš¬ š²šØš® ššžš¬š¢š«šž, šˆ š°š¢š„š„ š”š®š§š­ š²šØš® ššØš°š§ š„š¢š¤ļæ½...
568K 15.7K 29
One touch. One touch was enough for a tough mafia boss to fall in a love with the unknown girl. She was abused, he was abused. Two broken people tryi...