SMILE.┃ park jongseong ✔︎

De page_sandy

❝ Fuck off. ❞ He's the type of man she despised. It all started when a girl, whose paranormal disability was... Mai multe

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024
Chapter 025
Chapter 026
Chapter 027
Chapter 028
Chapter 029
Chapter 030
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 039
Chapter 040
Chapter 041
Chapter 042
Chapter 043
Chapter 044
Chapter 045
Chapter 046
Chapter 047
Chapter 049
Chapter 050
Chapter 051
Chapter 052
Chapter 053
Chapter 054
Chapter 055
Chapter 056
Chapter 057
Chapter 058
Chapter 059
Chapter 060
Chapter 061
Chapter 062
Chapter 063
Chapter 064
Chapter 065
Chapter 066
Chapter 067
Chapter 068
Chapter 069
Chapter 070
Chapter 071
Chapter 072
Chapter 073
Chapter 074
Chapter 075
Chapter 076
Chapter 077
Chapter 078
Chapter 079
Chapter 080
Chapter 081
Chapter 082
Chapter 083
Chapter 084
Chapter 085
Chapter 086
Chapter 087
Chapter 088
Chapter 089
Chapter 090
Chapter 091
Chapter 092
Chapter 093
Chapter 094
Chapter 095
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Author's note + Explanation

Chapter 048

4.9K 453 435
De page_sandy

« mask off »

❝ Someone cursed you. ❞

Why did it feel like Mijin's whole world stopped processing for a while?

Silence as a companion wasn't bracing Mijin with a better atmosphere but got turned down the moment she'd witnessed this knowledge.

❝ W-What....? ❞ , questioned Mijin with a heavy-weighted scoff releasing from her agape mouth.

It couldn't get more terrifying than that. How dare that person to taint her flawlessly living like that? She would've been enjoying every case of a joyful life if it weren't for that person. That person needs to blame happening to ruin her life into a hellhole which it shouldn't have been as.

❝ Who's that person then? Tell me, NOW. ❞ , commanded Mijin although she's trying her very best to not sound like an immature brat.

Fury was practically blinding the youngster as she struggled to get rid of foul thoughts from taking over her mindset. She wouldn't kill the culprit with her curse, or would she? Mijin's distressed as well of what to do since she wanted to demand justice in her life but she doesn't even truly knows who the criminal was.

What kind of grudge did they even have towards Mijin to hold an inhumane doing onto her accursed life like this?

❝ I'm afraid I can't foresee the culprit that much. But you'll be able to seek them out yourself, at the moment when you unfold the hidden truth to everyone. ❞ The deal wasn't unfair for Mijin like what even was her privilege to agree to it?

❝ What do you mean by unfolding the hidden truth? ❞ Knitting her brows into a thin line, the confused younger asked while getting frustrated every minute.

Whoever they were, Mijin'll never forgive them.

They made her into a terrible monster at the limit where she's found to be afraid of herself.

They broke everything and even hurt her fostered father with the moronic curse.

They flooded her life with misery up to the point she's insecure about communicating with other people cause of shits and impacting them with her curse.

❝ It's time to take your mask off, Mijin-ah. ❞

That scared the complexed girl a bit as things were moving too fast to another approximate level where she's afraid of getting judged by the enormous society.

❝ Reveal your true identity to everyone that you're the real heiress of DIF. ❞

Will everyone change once she's shown herself in the large community of becoming a wealthy princess? She didn't wanna fetch after fame and wealth but was somehow curious about her stepmother and sister's reactions.

Most of all, she didn't wanna return to her disgusting father's hands.

She needed to bail herself out of the prison of fear one day somehow and guessed that it was the right timing to right now.

❝ What does it even have to do with it? ❞ Mijin couldn't help but ask.

❝ Trust me. It'll work and the villain's gonna show itself. I have no doubts. ❞ Will it really work? The sacrifice of judgements was gonna be heavy for Mijin to handle but she must risk her sanity at essential times like this. As long as she'll find out who cursed her.

❝ Can my curse ever be gone? ❞ Why not ask for it when the opportunity's in her hands? She needed to explore methods of breaking misery one day anyhow. Hopefully, this woman might know about one or two.

❝ Once you've gotten your revenge, then yes. ❞ Mijin was never intentional with harming people but now, the plans had already swirled to the idea that she might have to in the future.

It wasn't the end of her speech yet. ❝ But you can't survive on your own. ❞ Objectively speaking, the woman crossed her arms with a sly smile which left assumptions to the soon to be twenty years old.

❝ If the curse affects you, your soulmate Park Jongseong' s the only one who can prevent the pain from you. ❞

What? Why did soulmate magic have to work on her with the one and only Jay Park who's an indecisive guy who she couldn't easily trust? Were all of these even truly happening?

❝ Have him by your side. ❞ Mijin slightly wanted to take it as a joke but she sadly couldn't as if something's forcing her mind to believe for her days to brighten up in the lifetime for the second time again.

He's willing to love you, sincerely.

-

Jongseong just repeatedly checked his expensive watch on the hand before munching on starchy corn with a bamboo stick.

But the boy stopped crunching the delicious vegetable inside his mouth and swallowed hard while spotting the female exit from Ms Oh's shop.

❝ Mijin! Do you want one? ❞ Taking out one of the freshly boiled corn which he bought from the local shop, the thoughtful boy generously asked his soulmate.

❝ No, I'm good. ❞ Mijin denied so easily before tucking her hands back inside the mutton coat.

The adorable boy just slightly shrugged his shoulder before tucking the yellowish corn sticks inside the plastic bag. Mijin found herself honestly admiring Jongseong in detail without adding a hatred.

Will this handsome guy change his behaviours and manners in the future just for her?

Is he really intentional with loving her truly?

Mijin didn't want her trust to be shredded into pieces just like how her mother received backstabbing from her father just because of one word; love.

What will happen if she let her guard drown at this point and recreate happiness through this soulmate bond with him?

What if happiness can get rid of her miserable curse by being an annoying soulmate?

Various questions wandered around her mind with this or that as it even made her senseless about visualising Jongseong's ethereal face nonstop.

❝ Why are you staring at me like that? I know that I'm handsome as hell. ❞ Proudly speaking, Jay annoyingly smirked as it unexpectedly returned him a small snicker from Mijin as....she smiled at him first without any persuasion? What controlled her mind to change that fast?

❝ Nothing, let's get going. I still need to head to my home to change clothes for part-time. ❞ Mijin grabbed Jay's free hand shockingly as it turned the dramatically energetic boy to be a gasping mess.

❝ Why? What's wrong? ❞ Mijin was clueless of him gawking in disbelief before curving the corner of his glistening pearly lips to be a wheezing mess.

❝ YO, YOU JUST HELD ME FIRST! ❞ , exclaimed Jongseong although Mijin didn't see a point to make a huge fuss about it. ❝ And your point is....? ❞ The young woman who had stated that she hates skinship just grabbed Jay by the hand first as if they're carefree lovers for once. Why wouldn't he mark this date in the calendar?

❝ That's kinda sus though. ❞ Jongseong observed every parts of Mijin's facial features with a dangerous face gap in between to scan where she'd changed.

❝ Perhaps, did Ms.Saeyoon told you that we'll die if we don't love like how others had a time limit? ❞ Jay's smart brain was quick enough to predict that they also had a remaining time limit like how his friends did. The groups of friends were meant to be drawn inside a soulmate quest, the 7 of them to be explicit.

❝ We won't. But, ❞ Well that's a relief and kinda disappointing since Jay desperately wanted to love and use their soulmate quest as an excuse to continue dating her.

But luck had already planned to show mercy on his side for once this time.

❝ I need you. ❞

« end of a chapter »

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

451K 19.8K 35
❝ 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 ? ❞ ❏ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 ? 𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰�...
21.8K 703 41
they are just ordinary people. but their stories are different. one live a normal life and one was miserable. one day, fate brings them together. sta...
204K 11.4K 50
a shy girl with a low self-esteem accidentally sends her love confession note to insul high's bad boy, causing a load of events to unravel and a lov...
225K 9.7K 46
sim jake, cheerful and flirty. lee heeseung, cold and rude. or at least that's what they both looked like to each other. • shoutout to lovely 'Seun...