➪ Rᴇɪɴᴄᴀʀɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ KNB ✔︎

By honeyseeto_0

❖Previously known as 'When You're Reborn Into KnB'❖ --- ⎡For Arai Yui, life revolved around school, anime, an... More

Death and Rebirth
Teiko Elementary School
Start of GOM
Kise Here!
Photos and Meeting the GOM
Arai Yui
Struggle and Escape
Tutoring
The Murasakibara Household
Unexpected News
You never know what to expect
Family and Friendship
Shopping, Siblings and Spy Mission
Midnight Snacking with Brothers
Those dark days
Growing Isn't so easy apparently/ The first game
Maji Burger Meeting
Return of the model/ Yui's hidden talent...?
Kaijo
Skating and New Friends
Maid café
Training for Inter-high/ A hungry brother
Dad/Midorima
Defeat the Kings
Let's blow it up
Losing isn't the End
Kiyoshi Teppei
Vacation / Training Camp
Jogging on the beach
End of Vacation
Poor Murasakibara / Another Bad Idea
This is why you don't go to shady places.
Himuro Tatsuya / Call from the Emperor
Back to Akashi Mansion
Street ball / Publishing Contract
A Fashion Fiasco (1)
A Fashion Fiasco (2)
❖Author's Note (SKIPPABLE)
The First Date (?)
The First Date (?) Part 2
Start of the Winter Cup
How to Get Away with Murder
❖Author's Note (PLEASE READ)
Hot Spring Trip (1)
Hot Spring Trip (2)
Seirin's Revenge
A Little Reward/ Wanna come?
Boyfriend Defeats Brother
Semi-finals / Akashi knows
Winter Cup Finals (1)
Winter Cup Finals (2)
Cloud 9
It's about time everyone found out!
Slideshows...Memories...(1)
❖Author's Note (SKIPPABLE)
Slideshows...Memories...(2)
Slideshows...Memories...(3)
The END
Side Story 1: Kuroko's Birthday (1)
Side Story 1: Kuroko's Birthday (2)

Boys and Bad Luck

9.3K 350 23
By honeyseeto_0

Seirin won game after game. First round against Shinkyou, second against Jistuzen High with an overwhelming victory of 118 to 51, and third against Kinga High, a school that made it into the top 16 last year. Riko sat on the bench watching the game with a shaky grin. Things were going very well and Kagami was scoring points after points.

Kuroko sat out most of the time since they hadn't needed to use him and the poor boy was itching to play. The fourth round of preliminaries was...an interesting match to say the least. The opponents were somewhat afraid the entire time and Riko was confused. Kagami and Kuroko knew the reason of course as they were the thugs the two destroyed with Kise. After the match ended, Seirin began packing up when Shutoku entered the court in all their Kingly glory.

Kagami frowned and Kuroko looked at his former teammate. Seirin could feel the intimidating aura of the orange jerseys. Suddenly, Kagami grinned and walked over.

"I'm going go say hi,"

"Sure-AH!" Hyuga did a double-take.

Kagami walked up to Midorima who stared at the red head with his usual serious expression.

"Yo, you're Midorima Shintaro right?"

"Yes but, who might you be?"

Takao snickered. 'Even though you already know who he is...what's with your pride?'

Kagami made a gesture with his hand as if wanting to shake with Midorima but when Midorima reached his hand out, Kagami grabbed it and wrote his name and the number of his jersey on it.

"You seem like the guy who'd say 'I won't remember it anyway' to someone who tells you their name. I have to make you remember the name of the guy who will take revenge for his senpais."

Up in the stands, Yui rolled her eyes. "Boys,"

She hadn't attended the previous matches and only came to this one to witness the ridiculous confrontation between Midorima and Kagami. Her shutter went off as she snapped photos of the two. Suddenly her phone began ringing attracting the attention of the crowd next to her.

"Hehe, sorry,"

Yui quickly rushed out and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Yuicchi!!"

"....Kise-kun? Why are you calling me– actually how did you get my number?"

"Ehh, never-mind about that. I was calling to ask if you want to hang out some time. I'm free this Saturday. Senpai will come too,"

"Kise-kun why are you asking me? We barely hang out together in the first place,"

"So mean Yuicchi. Weren't we best buddies?"

Kise was only met with silence and felt a sword pierce through his heart. *Sniff*

Yui sighed. "IF I'm free then I'll message you but I might be doing something that day. If that's all then all the best for the Inter-high. Bye," she hung up before he responded.

Yui rubbed her nose. It was weird, Kise has never called her and the two barely bonded in middle-school so why was he suddenly inviting her out? It definitely wasn't a date otherwise Kasamatsu wouldn't be included. Unless...that idiot must've finally figured out what Yui told him after their game against Seirin. Yeah that's probably it.

A noise from the hallway got Yui's attention and she saw Seirin coming out. Quickly, she jumped into the first room she saw and waited there.

"Who the hell are you?"

A voice startled Yui and she turned around only to see five boys with their zippers down using the urinals.

"KYAAAA!!!!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Izuki turned around. "Did you guys hear something?"

"It sounded like a scream,"

The boys had come out momentarily for a break before watching the Shutoku game when they heard the scream.

*Clap*

"Oi, hurry up and get something to eat or drink. The game will start in a few minutes," Riko said.

""Hai""

Kuroko had a thoughtful look on his face and Kagami looked at him stuffing his mouth with an energy bar. "What is it?"

"Nothing. I just thought that scream sounded familiar,"

"Eh? You must be hearing things,"

Kuroko didn't answer but brushed it off. The duo grabbed their snacks and headed back into the gym.

Meanwhile, a very flustered and embarrassed Yui bolted out of the boys washroom and ran outside. Her face was red and she felt like burying herself alive. Of all the places she could've walked into, it just had to be the boys toilet. Someone please shoot her.

She decided that she had enough today and decided to take the train home. Thank goodness she had her disguise on otherwise....ugh. Yui shivered at the thought and hurried home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What's with you? You look awful," Ryu commented when his sister came into the living room with a bothered face. Yui didn't answer and just went upstairs to take a shower and cleanse her tainted eyes.

Ryu stared at the back of the girl who ran up the stairs and he scratched his head.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Just leave her alone. She probably had a bad day," Sora spoke walking out of the kitchen with a cup of matcha tea.

"...Yeah maybe. I hope nothing happened to her though."

Ryu was worried but didn't go after her. If Yui had something troubling her, she would come out and say it straight cause that's the kind of girl she is. Since she didn't say anything then it's probably unimportant.

Little did the two brothers know that their little sister was too embarrassed about what happened at school gymnasium to tell another soul.

In the shower, Yui scrubbed her head and washed her face. After a refreshing bath, she sat on her bed and dried her hair. A knock sounded on her door.

"Come in,"

Sora walked in holder a phone. "Okaa-san asked what you're planning to make tonight so she can buy the ingredients,"

"Oh uh I was planning on seafood ramen,"

"Okay...heard that? Hai....hai. Bye," Sora left and closed the door.

Yui sighed as she ruffled her hair and brushed it out. Hopefully she wouldn't have to experience something like that again. To force her mind to forget, she busied herself with some homework and studies. Unlike middle-school where she was able to slack off, high-school was a lot harder and technically, she never actually finished high-school in her first life so some work was new to her.

It didn't matter too much though since Yui was a natural hard-worker went it came down to it. She also had good brains so the school work never fazed her. Had she enrolled in a school, most likely she would have been placed in the top ten.

Half-way through her work, she suddenly remembered she hadn't messaged Kagami in a while and sent him a text.

[Congrats on making it through the preliminaries!]

A reply arrived immediately.

[How'd you know? Were you at the games?]

[I have my sources.] Yui said to sound mysterious. Of course Kagami just thought she was a stalker which in a way was partly true.

[Right.]

[Heard you'll be playing two Kings in the semi-finals and finals.]

[You think we'll make it to the finals?]

[I wonder. Seirin is strong but are you strong enough?]

[Tch. Ya looking on us?]

[Not at all. I look forward to seeing how far Seirin will go. Don't disappoint me now.]

[*angry emoji* As if. I have to go now. Early morning training tomorrow.]

[Alright then. Laters.]

[Bye.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 60.5K 50
Collection of traditional love stories. محفل میں باربار انہی پر نظر گئی ہم نے بچائی لاکھ مگر پھر ادھر گئی 💫Short stories of traditional Pakistani w...
57.6K 1.6K 23
Aria is a normal high school student with good friends, family and a necklace which she adores. With her long dark hair always swaying behind her and...
1.1M 51.9K 56
'' Πάω στοίχημα ότι δεν με έβγαλες από το μυαλό σου χθες το βράδυ'' '' Θα το χάσεις'' του είπε, χωρίς η σιγουριά να χρωματίζει την φωνή της. '' Πες...
140K 3.4K 24
Red has no soul, but when it comes to defending the one she loves from anyone, she becomes sadistic over protective sister. Red was adopted by Seiji...