supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[88]

2.3K 142 236
By universaja

c h a p t e r - e i g h t y e i g h t

"I bet Renjun would be mad if he knew we're creating a meeting without them. He'd think we're not being serious about letting them join." Yangyang commented while stealing a spot before Hendery could even sit.

"What do you mean you 'bet'? He's definitely gonna be mad." Hendery was still weak, but managed to utter words with sass towards Yangyang.

"I mean.. are we serious about letting them join us?" Mark queried with two big eyes, truly curious. The only response he got was Donghyuck nudging him hard. "Oh. I thought we are just fooling the shit of ourselves."

"I understand how you dislike it. No one wants to let them join because the betrayal is highly possible. But it's Y/N's decision so it should be done." Johnny crossed his arms, watching you give improvised seats to everyone.

"Yangyang has a point. Not being bandwagon." Kun licked his lips, helping you with the seat. "However, Y/N, maybe their point is that you just made it obvious that we are creating a meeting without them which may trigger them hard."

You faked an innocent gasp. "Did I?"

Taeyong laughed loudly, pointing on the opposite door. "They are literally looking at us in the other side."

"My bad." You gestured your arm and let the door shut tightly by itself. You can see their irritated faces visibly painted before the door snaps close and how Jaemin wants to yell right then. They are still tied up and yet just witnessed how they are excluded from a meeting. "That's the point. Make them feel they do not belong."

"Are we creating a war of an already fixed bond?" Sicheng curiously asked, watching you intently.

"We're not creating another misunderstanding," After minutes of roaming around, fixing the broken place to stand as a temporary meeting room, you finally stood at the middle part of the huge broken piece of table. "We're letting them know their boundary. Letting them know that we still don't trust them fully."

"You really amaze me everytime." Jaehyun sighed, looking at you with a mischievous grin yet sincere gaze. "Every single time."

"And if they took it the wrong way? Slash out throats after they are freed?" concluded Doyoung.

He stole a broken seat and sat beside you, giving you a warm hand by laying his palms at your back and patting comfortingly.

"Not against your plan. I'm on your side, you know that from the start. Just clearing things out so no one gets harmed." He immediately cleared his name.

Doyoung will not let you be mad or annoyed even in the slightest way. He missed you so much for the time to be spent by bickering. He'd like to be wise, spending time in the right way.

"They won't. After they saw what I can do to them, they've realized it." You gave a pinch at Doyoung to reassure him not to worry much.

"I trust Renjun." Ten mumbled, not being able to look away from the ground he has been staring. "I believe that his heart is capable of recalling the memories back then. It's not just-"

"Ten," Taeyong knocked on the wooden table. He then pointed to his chest aggresively. "Not emotions. Emotions will drive us to nothing in this current situation."

You felt so awkward just seeing interactions between them, for some understandable reasons like the past.

"Let me finish." Ten spoke almost immediately after Taeyong did, with the weight of being sassy in there. "As I was saying, it's not just my personal opinion about Renjun that's floating in this topic. You might've forgotten, but I'm still the Mind Reader."

"End." Jungwoo joined in. "If it's the Mind Reader who says it, then we should trust or atleast believe it."

"What if the Mind Reader is lying?" Taeyong whipped his hair back.

"I would like to replace it. If it's Ten who said it, then might as well believe it." Jungwoo ended.

And of course, the Empath's words are very useful since he can detect incoming lies, leaving everyone in silence.

You rested your head at Doyoung's shoulder. "Now, can I discuss the plan?"

"Yeah right. That's why we're here." Donghyuck let a zap of lightning encircle in his wrist, glaring at everyone and ready to shut someone up who dares to drop an irrelevant word.

"The first step is," You suddenly grabbed Doyoung's palm and let your pointer finger land harshly on it. "Find Chenle and Jisung."

"Ahhhhh. Right." Donghyuck rolled his eyes, slumping in his seat. "It's your two favourite ones."

"I smell some jealousy," Jungwoo chuckled, once again wearing the admirable smile in his face.

"You should just let that be~" With a smug face, Doyoung replied with a beautiful melody in his voice.

~~~

Still being suspicious, it caught you off guard when Sungchan led everyone along with his team agreeing into a warmer and safer room. It was only for a short time since it's still risky to stay in a broken place. You just used the space and brief time given to heal everyone.

Even Renjun's team.

You were assigned at Jaemin who can't even open his eyes from the amount of pain he's currently experiencing and exhaustion that lingers in his limbs.

"Tss. You're stupid." You mumbled even you want to say the opposite - you want to comfort him. "Why the hell did you join the bad side? You're really, really, really, stupid."

He suddenly raised his hand and stroked your hair.

The sudden gesture made you look up at him, being surprised and confused evident in your face.

Jaemin's hoarse and husky voice mumbled words weakly. "The time when I want to be friends with you, and even confessed so sudden that I have a crush on you, they are all real."

You processed his words, genuinely confused. "What are you saying?"

"Remember the time there was a sudden fire in our school? You run away that time from me, and I find it weird that after trailing behind you, someone tried to beat me up. Everything was weird about you and the very situation, even more when you disappeared after the news spreaded. I-" He hissed in pain when his open wounds hurted for a moment from talking so long. "My point is, all my care towards you wasn't a bait that time. I still don't know anything about Jeno and Renjun that time. I just.. I am just living my life as a human, wanting to be friends with you."

You paused on healing his wounds, looking at his closed eyes and slightly parted thin lips.

That time, you saw a white glow in his back. It indicates he was a human.

And it's confirmed, he really was a human that time.

If only you atleast chose to talk to him and looked at him in his eyes, you could've saved him and lessen his anger at you. You could've kept him away from the Supernatural world.

"You.. apologized in some ways about what your existence did to me and maybe that's enough. Don't think of anything else," With a lazy tone, he dropped his hand heavily and playfully grinned. "Just heal me."

"Are you being demanding?" You rolled your eyes, a content smile wrapping this time and a lighter atmosphere filling up.

He laughed along with you. This time, with his teeth showing and his eyes being able to seep the smallest view.

Suddenly, Jaehyun appeared with Sicheng in his grasp. He abruptly pulled your hand away from Jaemin and forced Sicheng to sit as a replacement on your spot.

"Since Winwin is the healer, he should atleast do the duty." Jaehyun muttered lowly, forcing you to stand up this time.

You smirked in disbelief, slapping Jaehyun's hands off and looking at him warily. "Uhm, are you serious? You know Winwin needs help healing a bunch of people yet-"

"Winwin can easily heal it in a snap. You take longer time." Jaehyun did not let you sit up even longer and pulled you along with him.

The side of your lips raised and made sure your feet was heavy for Jaehyun to slow down a little more. "Are you insulting my abilities? You know I can't heal as fast as Winwin can because that's not my exact ability! Why are you making me feel small about it!"

"Who's making you feel small, Y/N-ah?" Lucas peeked at the door with two curious eyes and worried expressions. You both unknowingly stopped infront of a room.

Jaehyun clicked his tounge in irritation and just proceeded on the path you were both walking, ignoring the guy's mixture of intrigued and confused question.

He opened another closed door you did not even noticed exists and pulled you inside, manipulating the door to close itself.

The whole place dimmed and it felt like you were both swallowed in the darkness. Jaehyun's hand tightened when the moment the lock echoed faintly on the empty space.

You rolled your eyes even if your human emotions are bothering you, making you feel like you're in danger yet you're just safe with the current Jung Jaehyun.

"Stop acting this way. You know you won't make my heart feel better with whatever surprise you prepared after what you said to me." You tried to let your voice appear stronger - when your eyes are blinking rapidly, showing how taken aback you are.

He scoffed louder, looking at you, finally. "Oh, sorry. I must've been harsh. I just hate what I see when you were with Jaemin."

With whom?

You didn't even have enough time to process the raging jealousy that built up upon him while you are unaware when he grabbed the nearest possible seat. He snatched your waist and made you sat just above his lap.

An awkward and flattered feelings flew all over your body. You could only grab into Jaehyun's shoulder, squeezing it.

"Jung Jaehy--"

"You're driving me crazy!" His deep and matured tone of speaking voice dropped down into a whiny and child-like one. He suddenly buried his face in your neck, and let his arms extend deeper for a hug. "I was craving your presence since earlier and I've got to see you and Jaemin being all sweet-"

"No we're not! We're literally just talking?" Your tone fell into a scolding manner.

"He's the person who trailed at you in your school before so it's normal to feel things seeing him again with you in this moment." He continued, swaying lightly with you.

"O-Okay, I got it. C-Can you stop now? Or.. atleast drop one activity out," You scratched your bottom lip awkwardly, your other hand pulling his earlobe gently. "You burying your face while speaking just doesn't match well."

He pulled away, wearing a playful smirk. "Really?"

"You know that." You furrowed your brows, cheeks heating up.

"Fine. I'll just do this." He leaned once again and suddenly peppered your neck with light pecks.

You laughed with the ticklish feeling, quickly pulling away only for him to grab tighter and keep you steady in place. He was grinning while doing so, definitely enjoying the show.

After Jaehyun being unbelievably clingy, he fell asleep into the dusted seat over there. He was hugging you even after he drifted into his dreamland, his hand scooping the back of your head.

Even with the comfortable position, you can't bring yourself to sleep. And so, you decided to just leave rest from the schedule.

You went back into the main lobby and saw Johnny and Taeil preparing foods they can get during these situation. You insisted on helping them but it didn't turn out as a teamwork, honestly.

Johnny wanted to tie your hair into some weird hairstyle so you just let him be. Seemed like this is how he delives his sincere feelings towards you.

Therefore, scratch the sentence earlier.

You became a replacement for Johnny who's preparing the food.

"Here, you'll all share for this." Yuta dropped a plate infront of the five, Sungchan, Shotaro, Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun. They sat quietly in a distance with Kun and Xioajun being the guard.

"I have an idea about food storage." Jeno raised his index finger with his innocent small eyes, looking up at Yuta. "It's enough for the amount of people right now."

"Wow, thank you. That is very helpful. Why didn't you suggest that earlier?" Taeyong forced a smile when he's words are plain sarcastic.

B+ for trying to sound kind because you requested for him to do so.

"You guys won't listen right? You're all still suspicious so why bother trying to speak?" Sungchan defended, glaring as he part the food for the five of them.

"You can't blame us." Xiaojun turned to them. "Besides, if it wasn't for all of you being a rebel then we won't have to stay under this broken place of yours."

"Yah! If we aren't a rebel then we won't meet all!" With the sudden voice raise, Renjun caught everyone's attention.

"Shh. Stop fighting over food. We'll end up grilling each other." Kun sighed tiredly but it dissipated quickly when he noticed you are standing infront of him, handing him a cup of hot soup,

- still with Johnny doing his best to tie your hair behind.

"Thanks." He warmly smiled, ruffling your hair.

Johnny looked up at Kun in disbelief. He worked for hours straightening your hair at the top only for Kun to destroy it.

"But we need food, like humans, so maybe.." You turned to Johnny with a serious expression. "Let's find whatever Jeno was talking about-"

"No." Johnny widened his eyes at you.

"Are you guys not trusting us again?" Shotaro questioned with pouty lips.

"Aside from that," Taeil sighed while scooping some food for Hendery. "It's dangerous."

"Aside from that.." mimicked Shotaro in a tiny voice.

"You guys could atleast deny the fact that you still don't trust us." Renjun smiled shortly, his cheeks forming into a bump and his eyes looked dull, being passive aggressive.

"Time is ticking, everyone," Mark licked his lips. "Let us go and save Chenle and Jisung."

After an extended time of resting for those who are still eating, everyone's finally off for another journey.

You were busy tying up your shoelace when Ten stood beside you, doing the same for the other pair.

You poked your tounge in your cheeks, watching Ten's side profile with his seriousness visibly flowing all over him.

"Are you worried?" Softly, he asked.

"About what now? There's a lot of things to be worried." You grinned.

He dusted off the end of your shoes and smiled comfortingly. "About Renjun."

"Uhm.. nope? Just so-so." You nodded. "I just think I'll messed up big time if I fail atleast one milestone. I mean.. everything's on me."

"Don't be, I trust Renjun- I mean, I can feel the sincerity in him." Ten had his hands roaming absentmindedly in the air. "I-I m-mean.. don't be pressure."

He want to touch you, hug you, pat your shoulders as a reassurance but he don't want to cross the line either.

"I'm sorry, too," You looked away from him, taking a step back. "For forgetting things."

"Y/N? I told you not to be sorry about it, hey," Ten took some deep breath, looking at you with admiration.

Just seeing him like that adds up your guilt more.

"Let's get going! Excuse me~" Yangyang passed by, with Hendery's arm around his shoulders.

"Oh, right." You shook your head lightly, giving Ten a friendly pat in his arms. "I'll get going."

Yangyang apologetically laughed. "I'm sorry, Ten hyung."

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

In the middle of the night, Taeyong, Kun, and Renjun all decided to take advantage of it.

It was a big group leaving the place and you're well aware of the larger danger coming in the way. But you still too the risk. You're doing this not only for Chenle and Jisung, but for the whole broken world of Humans and Supernaturals.

"Y/N-ssi," Yuta threw his arms and backhugged you while both of you are walking through the snowy path. It made you feel warmer. "Can you compliment me?"

You scratched your eyebrows, confused. But did it anyway, assuming that this is Yuta's way of missing you.

"You're cool. You're awesome. You're handsome. You're.." You slowed down a little, the snow piling up lightly on your feet. "I'm grateful to have you in my side, in my life."

That was one of the most sincere words you ever said.

Yuta grinned, hugging you tighter. "Me too. Compliment me more!"

You let out a breath, the white mist evaporating. "What's with you? I can't think of anything right now. It's too cold."

"I'm worried about your perception about me," Yuta shrugged. "You see, seasons change. So can your feelings towards me."

"Tss. What made you think that when I'm letting you hug me like this even I hate the fact that I'm walking like a snail?" You chuckled.

"Perhaps, the big number of people around you now. I'm worried you'd no longer like me because you meet more- Shotarooo!" He cut himself off and unwrapped his hands off you, running into the man he just mentioned.

You raised your brow seeing him talk so casually to the guy who was too tired to push Yuta away. "Am I really the one having my attention taken away influenced by the large amount of people?"

"Heard that!" Yuta looked back at you, blowing a kiss before getting back on talking with Shotaro. "I'll get back to you later. I'm sorry bby!"

"Bby?" Shotaro questioned, looking back and forth at the both of you.

"She's my bby. So, anyway!" Yuta patted him in the back and started talking about random things.

Your lips curved upward. It's refreshing to see both of them like that.

You next caught up into Renjun who's walking with piles of clothes wrapped on him. You nudged him lightly, his tounge clicking in irritation.

This man is annoyed 24/7.

"What do you need?" He groaned.

"You're like a baby. You're the most wrapped up among everyone." You teased, gritting your teeth as the cold air blew.

"Shut up. Not like I want to travel in this way. I was just forced to join. Duh." Renjun denied.

"Say whatever you want. Not like I'm the one who agreed." You grinned.

Renjun was silent. Your curiousity made you glance at him.

And he wore a little smile, his eyes being teary from the joy he's currently feeling.

After a long minute of walking, Jaemin talked about how the building is near. He mentioned not making a sound and you honestly felt threatened with those warning.

"Here's the map." Sungchan pulled a piece of paper with shaky hands, not being able to look up. "I can't believe I'm doing this. I am exposing the map- Shit! I'm.. scared."

"Hey." Taeyong stood behind him, clearing his throat and looking with sharp eyes. "We're one team now."

~~~

You were crouching alone on your path. You decided to be the first one to go at the target destination. Jungwoo suggested a way and Jeno agreed.

It was a nice agreement - just a hard way.

You have to crawl through an exhaust hole.

Taeyong, and even Ten, was ready to fight whoever will let you go in there.

But they couldn't do anything when you left while they are busy arguing with each other.

You made clanking sounds while your knees hit the metals. It was uncomfortable in this path but this is the safest of them all.

While travelling at the narrow entrance, you felt a snot coming through.

You grimaced, not even surprised. You fought against the cold weather and now entering a hot place. Your body's definitely sick with the sudden change of temperature.

Finally, after crawling endlessly, you noticed a bright path in a distance. You took another deep breath and fastened your pace.

You suddenly heard a loud thunder lightning outside. Only one person came into your mind.

Lee Donghyuck.

He's telling you to be careful.

You have no idea how they know where you are currently but you don't bother knowing. It's obvious, you are with extraordinary people who's capable of surprising things.

Like the man signalled, you slowly approached the path. You made sure there are no other people who's currently active. After no signs, you finally kicked the cover open.

The bright light made you back off. It was like all the streetlights are directed in your eyes.

"Who the frick uses a room with sun-like light. They are insane." You whispered, adjusting your eye sight so you can open it.

When you felt that you can finally look up, the first thing that your eyes saw was a series of system on going. A computerised system.

Your head hurted hearing trickling sounds.

Your gaze fell upon two huge bullet form standing. It was large, enough for a human to fit.

And it surprised you to see there's indeed people inside.

Not just random people.

It was Jisung and Chenle.

Their eyes are closed and they are wearing a white clothing with wires attached in their skins, almost seeming like an..

"Experiment." You gulped, eyes shaking.

Your eyes then fell into a screen below them.

Park Jisung | Zhong Chenle

Heartbeat: 0 Heartbeat: 0

| | | | |

!! commercial !!

some updates might have photo attached and those are edits dedicated for the story. feel free to check it out. im flattered to be blessed with those talents by Chray2 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
26.9K 626 38
IDOL SERIES #2 Moon Ara Trainee who was being false accused and kicked out by the company Joshua Hong Successful idol who only focus on his work but...