Playing Matchmaker

بواسطة summercalling

❝ One day your Prince will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for direct... المزيد

Playing Matchmaker
Chapter One
Chapter Two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
Epilogue

chapter twenty two

186K 5.6K 1.9K
بواسطة summercalling

b u t I ' m y o u r b u t t f a c e

«---------------------------
Picture: Nova's dress

«---------------------------

"No," Emily cringes as soon as she sees the dress. "No way will I ever let you leave the house wearing that."

I shrugged, the colour of the dress, itself, is a nice blue colour, but the fit is just horrible.

"Yeah, I agree," I play with the flimsy satin fabric, it glides over my hands softly.

Since it is Georgia's wedding on Friday, I obviously had to find a dress for the occasion. Tyler isn't a groomsmen, so he doesn't have to wear a full tux. Apparently, he had already bought one, leaving me to find a dress in five days.

Now don't get me wrong, I do love shopping and all, but with Emily, it becomes horrible. Emily is a pain in the ass, and will only settle for the best - even if it takes all day to find something, even longer. So far, we had been to five dress shops, and found slim to nothing. Half because of Emily's pickiness, and also because I was only searching half heartedly.

"This shop is horrible," Emily wrinkles her nose up as she looks around the small boutique on Main Street. It's your average sized shop, but what stands it out from other shops, is that it looks like somebody has vomited pink puke all over the walls.

It's nasty.

Their dresses are mediocre, and sell nothing much better than the other dress shops Emily had dragged me into.

"Let's just go to the mall?" I suggested. Emily nodded reluctantly, having not wanted to go to the mall at all. Emily has a phobia of it, and she also says that it makes her claustrophobia kick in.

In reality, Emily just doesn't want to have to watch young girls parading around like they own the place, in shorts skirts and revealing tops.

Octavia's mall isn't too bad, it's fairly large in my opinion - but I had rarely ever seen other malls. There's the popular shops, and the not so popular shops, but it's worth having a look at everything. I truly believe in 'don't judge a shop by its exterior' no matter who stupid that sounds.

"This is when we need Tyler and Nate here," Emily grumbles as she pushes through the hoard of shoppers. Emily has ASD. Aggressive Shopping Disorder, as I call it. "PEOPLE ARE SO ANNOYING," she raises her voice in exasperation.

I bite back a laugh as I look at the people who heard her, that are currently looking at her as if she suddenly grew a penis on her forehead.

"Excuse me, but that is very rude," some old nanna scorned Emily. Well, I thought it was funny, but I guess she woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a better statement that that!" Emily replied sarcastically, crossing her arms over her chest.

That did it for me, and I burst out laughing. That's something Emily would say while rage shopping. She turns into a sarcastic little butt, that's what.

But, the lady who Emily picked a fight with was not impressed. Her face went a deathly shade of red, and smoke practically came out of her ears. "Respect your elders," she spat, "I would be ashamed if I were you."

"Good thing you aren't then," Emily retorts, taking off in a sprint, leaving me behind with the crazy lady. I couldn't deal with her popping vein anymore, and sprinted off to find Emily and give her an ass-whooping.

See, if Tyler was here, he could have easily prevented that scuffle, and probably sorted out that old bag in a few seconds. That's Tyler for you - calm, convincing and completely irresistible. The last few days hadn't been awkward at all - thankfully - and we acted like we always did. We fought like cats and dogs and insulted each other to no end, but this time there was always an inside story behind that.

Tyler has this whole kind of smirk practically reserved for me. It's half cocky, and half cheeky. He enjoys messing with me as much as I love talking to Meownce about everything and anything. Meownce is practically my own little diary, but in the form of an overweight cat that loves being dressed up.

"You nearly got us caught," I laughed breathlessly after I finally caught up with Emily. For a girl who does barely any running exercises, she sure can run fast. Emily has done ballet since she was a kid, so she is super flexible and nimble on her feet.

"I know," she grins, "That felt so good. She was a bitch."

"I know," I snort out a laugh. Emily had stopped in front of a dress shop called 'Maria's Dress Boutique', a pretty unoriginal name if you ask me. The shop, itself, was a lot nicer looking than the other five we had gone to. "We better find something here, or I am wearing a potato sack to that wedding. Shamelessly."

Emily rolls her eyes, opening the door to the little shop. Arrays of colourful dresses littered the shop, and behind the counter, was none other than Genevieve Stevens.

Gen heard the bell chime, looking up to see her new customers. A huge grin crosses across her face when she sees Emily and I. I didn't know that Genevieve worked, since her parents had always been well off and didn't need extra cash from their youngest daughter. Genevieve is heading in the same direction as her older sister - Francesca - who was also captain of the Cheer squad, and went to college to be a professional cheerleader. Unfortunately, Francesca got knocked up and couldn't continue cheer. Genevieve is planning on being a professional cheerleader just to throw it in Francesca's face, to say that she is ultimately better than her. Ah, sisterly love.

"Since when do you work here Gen?" I ask as I look around the shop. The walls are a nice blue colour, while the floor is a dark brown carpet. I wish my carpet at home is brown, because then there wouldn't be so many food stains all over it.

"It started as a summer job, but I loved it so much that I stayed," she shrugged, putting a few dresses back in their selected racks. "Real question is why you guys are here. Homecoming dress?"

I shake my head, although I know that I'm going to have to get a dress for homecoming soon. Homecoming is next week. It's held in the gym, and it's not too bad. Homecoming for the seniors ends later than it does for the juniors, sophomores and freshman. They all have to leave around 9, while the seniors stay until 11. "I have a wedding Friday," more like tomorrow, "And I need a dress for it. Not too formal, but not kiddy either."

Genevieve nods, "You guys can have a look around, I think I have a dress that will suit you. It's fresh from the designers, and it would look so good on you."

While Genevieve is out the back, Emily and I go search for some dresses. This shop is nicer than the others, but nothing has stood out for me yet. I want something semi formal, because I don't want to look like I belong with the bridesmaids. That's the trouble about weddings, finding a nice, simple dress is so goddamn hard.

About half an hour later, and I have about five dresses in my arms. We had narrowed ten down to half, and I was heading into the dressing rooms to try them on.

I quickly got undressed, and tugged the first dress on. It fit nicely, but the colour made me look like I was a person inside a pumpkin. Nasty. No way. "Nu uh," I come out of the dressing room to show Gen and Emily. They both shake their heads frantically.

I try two more on, both are quite average. The fourth dress is the one Gen had picked out for me. The bodice is white lace, followed by the mint green chiffon skirt of it. I'd heard Emily talk about chiffon dresses so much that it's practically drilled into my brain. I try it on, and suck in a breath as I look at it in the mirror. It's absolutely beautiful. It shows off my slender figure, but also hugs my small assets. It's the one.

I walk out the change room with a giddy grin on my lips. I really like this dress. Not only does it look good, but it's also really comfortable. I hate wearing uncomfortable dresses, because it's bad enough having to wear heels. Unnecessary inflicting of pain, I call it.

Gen gasps, Emily smirks proudly, while the other guy who had walked into the shop - with, presumably his sister - wolf whistled. I blushed furiously, not used to having so much attention on myself. I'm not very fond of attention of me, because I always feel judged, and as if everyone is scrutinising my every flaw.

Some people don't understand that everybody has their flaws, and that we shouldn't be judged on them, we should be judged on whether we are an asshole or not.

"Sexy Nova," Emily claps, doing a little hoolah dance with her hips. I do a twirl, so that the skirt flows around.

"I told you I found the perfect dress," Genevieve gloats. I roll my eyes at her, but smile anyway. She really did find the perfect dress - I think I'm in love.

«----------------------------»

Tyler stares at me, mouth agape. I'm not sure if he's shocked, pleased or both. Tyler looks devastatingly handsome in dress pants and a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and a mint green tie that matches my dress.

Naw, we colour coordinate.

He had forced me to tell him the colour of his dress so that he could get a matching tie. I know that it's tradition to match, but it's still so goddamn cute.

I mean sexy. Right.

Boys who wear dress shirts with the sleeves rolled up, is easily a turn on. Forget swag, a well dressed guy is much better than a stupid teen. I still would prefer Tyler shirtless, but unfortunately we can't always have what we want 24/7.

I bite my lip lightly, rocking back and forth on my heels. The torture devices on my feet were none other than a subject of Emily's ultimate wrath. I refused to wear them, so Emily went bat shit crazy and forced me to buy them. Okay, they are really cute, but I hate being so goddamn tall.

"You look beautiful," he smiles, a vast difference from his signature smirk. I blush for what feels like the fiftieth time this week, trying to control the raging hormones in my cheeks.

"Oh, stop it you," I poke his stomach lightly. "You don't look too bad yourself. Cute, I think the word is?"

Tyler scoffs. I love messing with him and calling him cute. "You mean sexy? Hottie? Handsome?l

"Cute," I corrected him. His hair was nearly quiffed, and I swear I nearly drooled right then and there.

I had left my hair natural, as any form of heat would make it look horrible, and opted for a slight bit of makeup. I don't usually wear makeup other than mascara, so it felt kind of weird to have powder on my face. I didn't complain though, because wearing makeup is part of the full adult experience.

These heels, though. They are death traps. Sure, they may be cute (just like Tyler in his tie), but I could feel the blisters forming already. Heels and Nova don't mix.

"You ready for the whole bridezilla experience?" Tyler laughs loudly. Austin hears this, and comes out from the kitchen with a chocolate pop tart hanging out of his mouth.

"So cute!" He squeals, probably imitating a very excited Emily. Tyler scowls, annoyed at being called cute for the millionth time. "Come on children, I need a photo."

I roll my eyes at Austin, who is ushering us around and making us pose for the camera, aka his iPhone. Tyler wraps his hand around my waist, so I hug him from the side, with both arms. I felt warm and fuzzy, and I never wanted to let go. Unfortunately, I had to, because Austin had already finished his little photoshoot.

He's like the cute obsessive mother that we'd never had.

"Oh this is definitely quiche," Austin gushes as he looks through the photos he took, "Profile picture!"

It was the photo he had taken where Tyler had thought it would be a good idea to tickle me, so I was laughing like a spazz while Tyler was grinning like one of those hot as hell male models.

How does he do it? I look like an idiot. But, the photo is beyond adorable.

"Now, no underage drinking or bumping uglies tonight, okay?" Austin puts his hand on his hip, trying to look intimidating, but it only makes Tyler and I burst out laughing.

"You ready, beautiful?" Tyler whispers in my ear. I shiver, at the feel of his breath, but nod my head almost automatically.

I wonder if he realises he has this much of an effect on me.

«----------------------------»

Georgia's wedding was beyond beautiful. The ceremony was at the local church, which was full of excitement and tears of happiness. Tyler's mom was about to burst into tears when Georgia walked down the aisle. I must admit, Georgia looked gorgeous. Her white dress was fight at the bodice, and puffed out elegantly. Her brown hair was curled neatly, and piled into a bun on the top of her head with tendrils falling out.

It was like a barbie doll wedding.

"Kenny," the best man stood up to start his toast. The ceremony had finished an hour ago, the newly married couple driving off in their vintage car that was totally drool worthy.

Jason, the best man, dribbles on for a bit about Georgia and Kenny. I zone out completely, nearly falling asleep had Tyler not squeezed my leg to alert me that it was time for the food.

Finally. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm more looking forward to the good and candy bar than anything else.

Tyler ordered the steak, while I opted for the kids menu - six pieces of chicken nuggets. I have no shame. I could easily pass for a kid, if you take away the boobs and throw me in a clothes dryer to shrink me.

The waitresses weren't all that fussed, ordering for it me regardless it was only for 12 years and under. Must have been the hungry glare I was giving for her.

My mouth watered as I saw the chicken nuggets. I clapped my hands in excitement. Nobody sill understand my love for nuggets and tacos.

"You're such a little kid," Tyler laughed as he ate his huge piece of steak.

I shrugged. "Oh well, you should be proud that I can still order kiddy meals."

Two hours later, and Tyler and I found the dance floor. Needless to say, Tyler and I both suck royally at dancing.

Definitely no dancing at our wedding.

Woah woah woah. Calm your nuggets, Nova. We haven't even gone on our first date.

While Tyler was in the middle of doing the worm on the floor, and I was doing the Macarena, the song changed. 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight?' by Elton John hummed through the speakers. Tyler got up from the dance floor, a pout on his lips because the DJ had so killed his dance moves.

Slowly, couples start to pour into the dance floor and start swaying back and forth.

"Can I have this dance," Tyler holds his hand out for me. I bite my lip, grabbing his hand. He pulls me into the middle of the dance floor, near where Kenny and Georgia are having a couples moment.

Tyler puts his hands on my hips, a warm sensation envelopes me as soon as he does. I gently throw my arms around his neck, toying with the collar of his shirt and the hair at the nape of his neck with my fingers.

It felt like we were the forever, just staring at each other and occasionally mocking other couples. Then, the song stopped and some upbeat Taylor Swift song came on.

"I feel bad," Tyler blurts randomly.

"Huh?" I frown in confusion.

"I feel bad that I tortured you all those years," he smiled sheepishly, "I guess getting the reaction out of you was why I kept going and pushing. You were always Nate's other best friend, the girl who easily gets pissed and has enough sarcasm and quirks to fill a whole room."

"That's me," I gush sarcastically. Ah yes, maybe the sarcasm part is true.

"I still piss you off," he starts, "But this time round, it's more sexual." He wiggles his eyebrows. Even though the song was not fitting the way we were dancing, we didn't make an effort to let go of each other.

"You're impossible," I laugh, shaking my head. "And you're also a buttface."

"But I'm your buttface," he grins cheekily, and I know then and there that he has me wrapped around his little finger.

Bastard.

Correction: sexy bastard.

«---------------------------»

I just wrote all of this on my PHONE. Do you know how hard it is to write a chapter on your phone? Anyway, sorry for the late update. I know I promised I'd update yesterday, but I broke my laptop, because I am an idiot.

I was getting up to get my USB and it fell off my lap and onto the floor and the whole screen is broken. I've found a way to fix it - by using a separate monitor - but who knows when that will happen. I'm hoping tomorrow.

I hope you liked this chapter, and I'm so sorry if it isn't like the usual chapters, because I find that my writing style gets horrible on the phone - ugh.

Better go to bed now, thanks for reading, voting and commenting (we hit 219k HOLA YES)! I don't bite by the way, you can talk to me about anything! :)

Did you guys see the new trailer? I love it.

Thanks again, Nuggachos xoxo

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

254 1 37
"𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒖𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒓. 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 "𝑪𝒖𝒑𝒊...
7.5M 400K 71
*CUPID'S MATCH BOOK 2* FIRST DRAFT Lila receives an ominous Valentine's Day card. Cupid & Cal are keeping a dark secret. Fate is being interfered wit...
203K 4.7K 41
What happens when you put two senior students of the opposite sex alone together in a house? Nothing. Especially when Kristel Merrick and Tyler Kins...
11.7K 352 13
"Was that the only reason you talked to me?" I asked in a whisper. "What reason?" "That our parents have known each other from a while?" I asked. "N...