Call Me Ghost ✔️

Par sarbearblack

Emerson Rose is many things. She's a faithful girlfriend to her possessive boyfriend, Brody. She's an obedie... Plus

Character Aesthetics
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Epilogue
BONUS: Ghost's POV- Chapter One

Chapter Eighteen

4.2K 128 25
Par sarbearblack

"You okay, Em? You look kind of pale?" Brody asks me with concern as we stand in line, waiting to get into The Scrap.

I tear my eyes away from the sidewalk and force a smile, "I'm good. Just a little cold."

"Oh, well we should get in soon, don't worry."

Getting inside is what I'm worried about. What if we run into Ghost or his friends? What if they mention our friendship or the last time I was here. So much can go wrong. I want to turn to Brody and beg him to take us somewhere else, but I know that would just raise questions with him.

I stay panicking as we reach the front of the line. To my dismay it's the same bouncer at the door; Clive. I just pray he doesn't remember me.

He nods at Brody and grumbles, "Tickets?"

Brody looks confused and replies, "I didn't know we needed tickets."

For a moment I'm flooded with relief, we might not even get in after all. We can turn back and go somewhere else and I'll be free.

Unfortunately Clive's gaze drifts to me and a genuine smile tugs at his mouth. With a nod of his head he steps to the side and remarks, "Sorry, I didn't recognize you at first. You're both good to go."

Damn it.

I smile shyly and duck my head before quickly scurrying in, Brody right behind me. We enter the crowded place and over the pounding music Brody leans close to my ear and remarks, "That was weird."

I nod my head, "Yeah."

"What do you think he recognizes me from?" He muses, and I turn to face him with a frown. He thinks Clive meant him? He frowns as he thinks about it before deciding, "Maybe he knows my dad owns half of the city."

I have no desire to correct his assumption so I just nod and remark, "Maybe."

Brody then takes a moment to look around the place with an approving smile. His eyes land on the boxing ring and he nudges my shoulder before pointing over to it, "See that? It's why I wanted to bring you here. It's not just a normal bar, they have boxing matches here every weekend. Isn't that cool?"

I raise my eyebrows in feigned surprise and agree, "Yeah. Wow. That's really cool."

"Let's go get some drinks and then we can find some seats." He suggests.

My eyes dart to the bar and sure enough I spot Tay working behind it. So far she's the only of Ghost's friends I see, and I hope that they're all hanging out in the back like they were last time so there's no chance of running into them before the fights start.

"Actually, you get the drinks, I need to, uhm, use the bathroom." I tell Brody.

He nods his head, "Okay, be safe. Text me if you get lost."

I quickly scurry through the crowd, keeping my head low and my eyes peeled. The hairs on my arms are standing on end. I'm so worried about running into Ghost, I have no idea what I'd do if he walked up to me with Brody right beside me.

In the bathroom all I do is splash some water on the back of my neck to cool down a bit and stare myself down in the mirror. I had been so happy with the way I looked before we left, but now I just feel silly. Like a little girl playing dress up.

Hey, maybe Ghost won't even recognize me with all the makeup and tight clothes? Although, Clive who I've only met once recognized me, so that small hope is quickly shot down.

A group of girls enter the bathroom so I quickly leave. I scour the bar from a distance to see if Brody is still there, but I don't spot him so I head over to the ring instead.

Many people are already finding their seats. The fights must be starting soon. I pray that Brody found something in the back row, but when I find him he's actually in the center of the second row. He's got two drinks in his hands and he's leaning forward to talk to two girls who are sitting in front of him.

I approach slowly and ease into the chair beside him, catching the end of whatever they're talking about.

"That's so cool. Well, you two enjoy the fights." Brody remarks.

"Yeah, you too." The blonde girl purrs, sharing a look with her friends before turning to face forward again.

I toss Brody a confused look as he smiles at me and hands me my glass. "What were you talking about?" I whisper.

He shrugs, "Nothing really. They just said there are some really good fighters tonight."

Yeah, Ghost.

I smile, "It will be so fun." My enthusiasm is fake. On the inside I'm terrified. I shift uncomfortably, trying to hide my head behind the girl in front of me as I add, "These are great seats."

"I know!"

As time passes the rest of the seats quickly fill up, and even then there are still more people left to crowd around the back and watch the fights from a standing position. It seems even busier than usual and I wonder why that is. Is there something special about tonight's fights?

The lights are dimmed down and the ring is lit up as the music changes to something a bit more intense. The crowd stirs with excitement as the three judges take their seats and the ref enters the ring.

I notice Dane and Mila exit out of the back room door on the other side of the room. I shrink lower down as they walk to the few reserved seats that are at the very front and fortunately on the opposite side of where I am.

Two fighters are announced as they make their dramatic entrance towards the ring. Neither are Ghost, thankfully. But I have a feeling he'll be going at the end again, like last time.

The fighters bump gloves amicably before the timer buzzes and the first round begins. The crowds quickly grow excited with every hit, and beside me even Brody is occasionally shouting and jeering loudly.

I'm stiff for the most part. I'm too wound up to be able to relax and enjoy the show. I keep worrying that Ghost is going to pop up at any minute and come say hi. Fortunately, he's yet to be seen. He must be really preparing himself for his match if he won't even come out to watch the others.

As the current fight is getting particularly bloody and Brody is going crazy in his seat, my phone vibrates in my hand. Discreetly I glance down at it.

Ghost; Wish you could be here. I'm actually kind of nervous right now.

I frown at the message. Ghost is never nervous. Not about fighting. I quickly type back, knowing that Brody is too distracted to notice.

Em; Why are you nervous?

Ghost; The guy I'm fighting tonight really has it out for me. Everyone knows it too.

I'm confused again. Is that why the crowd is so big? Is this some rivalry match? Ghost has never mentioned having a rival before.

Em; You'll do great. I believe in you!

I actively avoid acknowledging that I'm "not there", because I am here and he has no idea. Hopefully he'll never find out. So far hiding behind the girl in front of me has been working out pretty good. Neither Dane nor Mila have yet to notice me.

Ghost; Thanks Rose. I'll still win this, of course. I never doubted that.

Em; Neither did I. Break a leg.

Ghost; That's not really something you say to boxers.

Em; Sorry, I meant good luck!

He just sends back a thumbs up and I put my phone away as the current match ends. Loud cheering and a mixture of booing ensues, depending on who was betting on who.

The music then goes quieter as an announcer comes over the speakers, and dramatic spotlights swing across the crowds in random directions, "And now, ladies and gentleman, the main event!"

The cheering is deafening at this news, and my stomach drops knowing Ghost will be out any second now. The announcer goes on, "The moment you've all been waiting for. It's the battle of the champions. Old friends turned new enemies."

I frown, confused. Who is Ghost fighting? Why does everyone in the crowd seem to know this backstory besides me?

"In the red corner, at six foot one, weighing in at two-hundred and ten pounds, it's Eric "The Beast" Williams!"

A spotlight sweeps over to one of the aisles where a tall, ripped, bull of a man comes stomping towards the ring. His blonde hair is spiked and his bare back and chest are covered in tattoos. The crowd shouts excitedly as he leaps onto the stage and through the ropes of the rings. He raises his fists up high and takes in the applause with a dark, serious expression.

"And, in the blue corner, our reigning champ, at six foot four, weighing one-hundred and ninety-eight pounds, you know him simply as... Ghooooooost!"

The announcer drags his name out excitedly and it's drowned out with applause and screaming twice as loud as what Eric got. Most everyone is standing up and jumping around as the spotlight swings to the opposite aisle, which just so happened to be near our section.

We crane our necks to watch as Ghost struts out with a cocky walk and a confident grin. If he's as nervous as he said he was, he doesn't show it. He grins and nods to the occasional fan, even raising his fists up to urge the crowd into an even louder cheer.

His attitude is completely opposite to Eric's, coming off as charming and likeable rather than angry and murderous. He easily pulls himself up and through the ropes, turning and flashing the crowd one last grin as the announcer asks for everyone to settle down.

The ref beckons for both guys to step forward and knock gloves. Ghost saunters right over. Eric seethes at him but slowly approaches as well. Instead of holding out his gloves, however, Ghost says something inaudible to Eric, which sparks an even brighter rage in the guy's eyes. He attempts to lunge at him, but the ref holds him back as Ghost tilts his head back and laughs.

Ghost would be a very poor bullfighter.

"This guy sure is full of himself." Brody notes beside me.

Thank god he has no idea who he really is. He must not have remembered the name attached to the texts he read. Then again, it wasn't a name, it was an emoji, but still. Anyone could make that connection.

The timer buzzes and the fight begins. Both guys immediately take stance and start dancing around each other cautiously. It's clear Eric is bigger and stronger, but Ghost is quicker. I expect this will end very similar to the first fight I saw him in.

My eyes jump to Eric and I frown, confused about the history between him and Ghost. The announcer said old friends turned to new enemies. What does that mean? Why are they enemies now?

And why does his name sound slightly familiar?

Ghost is the first to jab out. It's quick as a flash, but Eric is able to block and counter. Ghost also blocks and they quickly jump back from each other. Okay, maybe this won't be as easy as the last one. They seem pretty equally matched.

The rest of the round continues similar to that and when it finally ends, Eric has the better score. They move to their corners for the minute break, guzzling water into their mouths and wiping the sweat off their foreheads. Before long, the second round starts.

Ghost seems more determined now, lighter on his feet and quicker with his moves. He has Eric chasing him around the ring to wear him out and it's working. Eric grows slower and sloppier with every move. My heart begins to quicken, praying Ghost has this under his belt.

The second round ends in Ghost's favor with the score, leaving it all to come down to the final round. You couldn't ask for a more exciting match. Everyone is on the edge of their seats, waiting with baited breath to see the outcome.

There's a look of determination in Ghost's eyes as he stares down his rival. He has a few cuts dripping blood down his face, but nothing major so far. He bounces back and forth on the balls of his feet, seeming to get his second wind in anticipation of the third round starting.

"This is so exciting." Brody whispers in my ear, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I nod, but I can't even look away, I'm too concentrated on Ghost. The timer counts down and the buzzer sounds, starting the final round. The two fighters approach each other cautiously. Eric's back is to me, and beyond him is Ghost, staring him down.

Then everything takes a turn for the worse. 

For some reason, Ghost's gaze drifts beyond Eric. It focuses on the crowd. More accurately, on me.

I can see the exact moment he registers what he's looking at. He seems surprised to see me here and a faint smile almost graces his lips, until his eyes settle on Brody beside me, and his arm around my shoulders. His brows knit together tightly and he stalls.

It all happens so fast.

That brief, one second of hesitation is all that Eric needs. He barrels forward and pounds his fist directly into the center of Ghost's face. I flinch in my seat and let out a small gasp as Ghost stumbles back, dazed and confused.

His attention rips back to his opponent, but it's too late. He's off balance and isn't prepared when Eric strikes again. He lands another blow to Ghost's face, snapping his head to the side as he staggers and nearly falls down.

The crowd gasps at the change in tide.
Everyone watches eagerly as Eric continues to charge on Ghost. He keeps throwing punches that Ghost can barely keep up with, and many of them, he can't keep up with. He continually gets hit in the face and stomach, blood spurts from his nose and mouth, staining the once pure, white gloves that Eric wears.

I have a feeling he wore white on purpose.

It's agony to watch. Tears spring to my eyes as I watch my friend take the worst beating I've ever seen. His gloves are hardly covering his face, and he's barely able to stay standing.

Eric sends him one final punch right before the timer buzzes. It hits Ghost directly in the jaw, and he stumbles and falls down on his side, his legs crumpling beneath him.

He doesn't get up.

The ref checks on him, making sure he's still breathing before getting up and raising one of Eric's fist in the air.

"And the winner is Eric Williams!"

The crowd is a mixture of disappointed booing and confused cheering. No one expected Ghost to actually lose, let alone get knocked out.

My heart pounds in my chest as I stare at Ghost's defeated form. I want to run up to the ring to help him, but I know I can't. Fortunately both Dane and Mila rush to his aid. I watch them assess him frantically with tears still pricking the corners of my eyes. That was a brutal fight.

Eric saunters around the ring, shouting with victory, barely giving Ghost a spare glance. I feel a burning hatred towards Eric, but I can't entirely blame him. Ghost got distracted because of me.

It seems to take forever for Ghost to gain consciousness. In reality, it's probably only like thirty seconds. Dane and Mila both sit back with relief when he finally stirs and sits up slowly, clutching his head.

The crowd watches with concern as the announcer commends both fighters and wraps up the show. People slowly start to disband once they see he's alright, but I stay frozen in my seat, watching him with pinched brows and down turned lips.

It's almost like he can sense my gaze. He slowly turns away from Dane who seems to be on a rampage, pointing fingers at Eric and the ref as he talks a mile a minute.

Ghost's eyes scan the crowd momentarily before once again landing on me. His face is stiff with a dark expression as he looks down at me. I shift beneath Brody's arm, knowing what this must look like to Ghost. Knowing how furious he must be for getting distracted and losing.

The look on his face says it all. The look of hurt and betrayal. I know what he must be thinking. It's the same thing I'm thinking.

He lost because of me.

It's my fault.

And I feel absolutely terrible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN;

Well, another update, what did you guys think?

Who else is curious about the history between Ghost and Eric?

And who else got upset seeing Ghost get destroyed like that? I know I did.

Please comment and vote if you're enjoying so far!

-Sarah xo

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

50.5K 1.7K 19
"Are you going to read me some bedtime stories now?" He grins as he places his hands behind his head. "What?" "You heard me right. Nanny~" He's obvi...
Gaslight Par Rachael Rose

Roman pour Adolescents

18.5M 795K 107
Gaslight is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. ...
162K 7.6K 33
DREW ELLIS painfully remembers the parents who suddenly left her in the care of her older brother after a car accident ripped them from her life, and...
737 38 38
*Some mature words and actions* Small town girl Penelope Fitz Turner has had a hard life so far. With her sexually abusive dad, being called a slut a...