Be here with me?

By _Luna_M_

When George is all alone in London after being disowned by his parents, he feels so lost and alone. So he dec... More

~authors note~
~chapter one~
~chapter two~
~chapter three~
~chapter four~
~chapter five~
~chapter six~
~chapter seven~
~chapter eight~
~chapter nine~
~chapter ten~
~chapter eleven~
~chapter thirteen~
~chapter fourteen~
~chapter fifteen~
~chapter sixteen~
~chapter seventeen~
~chapter eighteen~
~chapter nineteen~
~chapter twenty~
~chapter twenty-one~
~chapter twenty-two~
~chapter twenty-three~
~chapter twenty-four~
~chapter twenty-five~
~chapter twenty-six~
~chapter twenty-seven~
~chapter twenty-eight~
~chapter twenty-nine~
~chapter thirty~
~chapter thirty-one~
~chapter thirty-two~
~chapter thirty-three~
A/N
~chapter thirty-four~
~chapter thirty-five~
~chapter thirty-six~
~chapter thirty-seven~
~chapter thirty-eight~
~chapter thirty-nine~
~chapter fourty~
~epilogue~
~finishing author's note~
New Years Eve Special
~bonus chapter 1~
flufftober oneshots

~chapter twelve~

2.3K 79 86
By _Luna_M_

* I thought I'd make a cute little fluff chapter since theirs been a couple sad ones now. Thank you so much for the reads, enjoy.*

Dream's POV

I'm still thinking about what happened yesterday, how George got catcalled and then he punched the guy. I would have gladly done that for him seeing how he had to ice his hand the whole night. I will say, George knows how to throw a punch.

It was around noon and both George and I had already eaten, we were watching some random Disney movie that George wanted to watch, so we were both on the couch with a good distance between us. George had a big fluffy blanket on him since the AC was cranked up to the max. We wanted to take a day to ourselves because today we would discuss the house plans with Sapnap over the phone.

I think the movie playing was Moana, but I really wasn't paying attention. I was looking around and zoning out. I noticed how my wooden floors had around 140 wooden planks. I noticed the faded pearl color of the living room would need a fresh coat of paint, but then again we would be moving so why did it matter. I looked to my right where George was laying down and he had his feet and lower portion of his legs on my lap. I looked up to his face, and dark brown eyes met with forest green.

".. are you alright?" George carefully asked. He sat up slightly but held the eye contact.

"I- yeah I am, are you?"

He hesitated before speaking, and broke eye contact, "Yeah."

"We need to talk to Sap but first, mind telling me what happened back at the café?"

"I punched someone, I thought we were over this?" He looked back towards the movie but was still listening to me,

"The phone call George, you seemed upset. Did your sister call you again?"

"Something like that."

Sapnap is calling...

"Great timing Sap..." I swiped right then picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey man, am I on speaker?" I switched it so George can hear too.

"You are now."

"GEORGE."

"SAP."

"We haven't spoken in so long! When were you going to tell me you were with lover boy over here?"

"I-I'm sorry I didn't really plan on coming here."

"Sapnap." I sternly said in a whisper. Sapnap cleared his throat.

"Anyways, WE ARE GOING TO LIVE TOGETHER FINALLY THE THREE OF US UNITED! SO, we already have a house in line to go see when I fly in, which should be in two days. But from what I've seen on the website and stuff, the house has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a huge attic, great modern kitchen, nice living room, but it doesn't have a laundry room so we can either get machines to put in the two car garage or- just go to laundry mats. The house also had a nice homey vibe, even if the kitchen is modern it's wall colors help balance it out, it's so nice and cozy. ALSO? WE HAVE A FIREPLACE. Even though it's Florida, we still get cold nights so that's amazing. Also, the house has a huge pool, nice patio where we can put a table and grill, an area for a bonfire pit and guys, A JACCUZI. Can you believe it?!"

"That sounds so amazing!" George finally sat up right but he sat closer to me so that our legs were now pressed up against each other. I looked at George slightly and I think he realized just how close he sat because he turned a little pink, but I didn't say anything. I redirected my attention to Sapnap.

"Sapnap that literally sounds amazing, I can't wait to see you again man."

"Yeah me too, I miss you, and George I can't wait to meet you properly either!" George smiled then looked back up to Moana.

"We are all going to have to like, sound proof our rooms."

"Oh?"

"You dumbass, because we are all streamers." I decided I wanted to tease him a little so I lowered my voice. "That is unless, you wanted to do something else Sap?" I slightly looked at George and his eyes were a little wide.

"WHAT. GROSS. GO AWAY, GO KISS YOUR BOYFRIEND." George choked on air.

"What!?"

"Gladly, now go kiss yours." George completely lost it, he stood up and laughed his way into the kitchen.

"I'll see you in two days you dipshit."

"See ya snapmap."

"HEY-" I hung up and wheezed.

"You are such an idiot you know that?" George came back with popcorn and gummy worms and he now had a hoodie on. What surprised me was that it was mine, and he looked so tiny in it. He had sweater paws and the hood was up and tied so he looked like a little egg head. I guess I was staring at him for too long because when he sat down he was already looking back at me. "Oh yeah, sorry both of my hoodies are washing and I got cold." He began to take it off until I stopped him.

"What no! Keep it on, it looks better on you anyways." He very visibly blushed then sat down with his legs crossed and his back against the corner of the couch. He had his little gummy bear bowl in the middle and he was looking down at them trying to hide that fact that he was very red. "You know, you get flustered very easily." I stood up grabbed the blanket than sat very closely to him.

"No I do not." He said quietly and he kept staring at his bowl.

"That bowl must be interesting hm?" I tilted my head and was watching him play around with them.

"Stop it, watch the damn movie you creep."

"Maybe I'd rather watch you." I took a second to realize what I said then mentally face palmed. "You know what, that did sound creepy I'm gonna watch the movie  on now." He giggled then looked up to the movie. I grabbed the blanket and put it over both of us but not enough to cover his gummy worms.

"You.. you aren't going to move?" He looked at me slightly and his pale color began returning.

"Do you want me to?" I looked up at him since I was laying down. I could have easily laid my head in his lap but I didn't want to make him uncomfortable, but by doing so my neck was starting to hurt slightly.

"No." He whispered and frankly that gave me a good reason to smile. "You can.. you can lay your head on my lap if you want."

"I thought you'd never ask." I finally laid my head on his lap and he was so comfortable. I pulled the covers over us more and I just felt so sleepy. "Is Moana over already I want to watch something funny or something."

"Yeah I'm over this movie, do you have anything in mind?" He put his left hand on my shoulder than his right hand had the remote.

"Uh, have you ever watched 'White Chicks'?"

"No, is it good?"

I quite literally gasped, "George! That movie is literally so funny, put it on, put it on!" I  moved up a little so I could see the screen better and George made his legs flat so I was completely in-between him.

(If you are confused in the position, the couch is an L shape couch and George is in the corner where both sides intersect. His legs are completely flat and Dream is between them with his head on Georges lap and lower stomach. So Dream can't see George unless he looks up at him.)

"Okay, okay it's on." He laid back slightly and munched on the gummy worms that were now on my chest. I was so comfortable because he's so small and squishy, he's like the perfect pillow.

The movie was around halfway and we both were laughing so hard. I was still sleepy and then I felt his hand in my hair, he started playing with it and twisting it between his fingers. It was so comfortable and I swore I was about to take a nap until he retracted his hand to get a gummy worm. 

"Mm." I looked up at him and I can't believe I slightly whined, I'm so pathetic and touch starved my god.

He giggled softly and started playing with my hair again with both hands. They were so soft and small, but whenever needed, he could punch people to the ground with them, I'd have to keep that in mind. 

I can't remember the last time I was sitting with someone like this. No wait, actually I can, it was three years ago, with my ex-girlfriend. She cheated on me with my co-worker at the time and it hurt so bad. I guess I haven't been able to open up my heart to anyone since then. She was my first proper girlfriend too, she was my first time as well. It seemed like sometimes she just wanted me for my money and body, so maybe me getting my heart broken helped my mindset. 

But being here with George, on his lap while he plays with my hair makes me feel safe. And I know I should be the one making him feel safe in our friendship but right now I feel like I can drop my walls with him. After all, he is the one who helped me past that breakup, I cried on call with him and he would stay with me in the ungodly hours of the night. He's always been there for me and I'm glad I can be here for him finally.

"Georgie?" I whispered it since we entered a new state of softness and I guess we both noticed it because he whispered back.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For coming here, to be with me."

"Dream what? If anything I should be thanking you, you saved me." He stopped playing with my hair and leaned down a bit to hug me in the position we were in. He wrapped his arms around my neck and slightly leaned his head against mine and I slightly felt something I haven't felt in years.

...

Butterflies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Remember to hydrate and eat :] Consider voting if you liked the chapter? And don't be afraid to comment on things heh.

1766 words

EDITED

-Luna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1.2K 13
George Davidson gets imprisoned by his countries dictator, Clay Smith, (Dubbed by the media, "Dream") because his family tried to overthrow the dicta...
141K 3.6K 18
When Clay and George finally meet, there's an unexpected connection in the air. Everything's bringing them together, yet everything's separating them...
511 52 15
"I'm so used to having everything under control, but this time it's uncontrollable. It's taken over my life; I spend endless nights lying awake, hopi...
40.4K 1K 37
AU | Dream, a simple man from Florida who was going through a rough time in his life, and George, a god send it seemed like, who's parents got a job...