What Is Hate?

By letitgobish

Book 2 of "What is Love?" series. MUST READ FIRST BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THE DRAMA. 🚨MATURE CONTENT🚨 Nicholas... More

Blackmail
Prison Break
Death's Door
Crazy

Brief Moment

15 3 2
By letitgobish

NATHANIEL

"Do you need anything else before I leave you, sir?" My secretary asks me in a kind voice. I don't know how she hasn't run away or quit this job. She's definitely nervous around me but she says she isn't scared.

"How is your mother?" I ask her instead of answering her question. One of the reasons I hired her was because during the interview she showed experience and her mother was sick with cancer.

She seemed to be surprised by my question and sighs. "She is a lot better. The chemotherapy has helped her. I hope she can leave the hospital soon. She has always been a resilient woman and doesn't want to die in an uncomfortable hospital bed. Her words not mine." She whispers, giggling. I smile and nod as I listen to her talk.

"I'm glad to hear that. Now, you should get home. I don't want you getting any wrinkles worrying about her and working for too long. It's very bad for your health." I reply, shooing her away with my hand, playfully.

"Oh, alright Mr.Night. I hope you follow your own advice as well." She nods respectfully then leaves me alone in my office. I can hear her gathering her stuff and sorting through the last of paperwork.

I grab ahold of my cane and with difficultly I stand up and slowly limp to the door. I'm getting worse and worse. I wish I had never gone to that stupid doctor. All I ever wanted was to die of a gun shot, torture, or something along those lines. It turns out I'm dying of a disease that can't be cured.

"Sir, are you ok? Maybe you should sit down." My secretary, Bella says in a concerned tone. "Did you take your medication today as prescribed?"

"What's the point anymore? I'm going to die in a few months anyway!" I groan as I lean on my cane so my legs don't give out.

"Is there anyone I can call to take you home? Any friends or family that would like to be by your side?" She whispers as she helps me into the wheelchair I had in my office in case of emergencies.

"Yes, my bodyguard can pick me up. Can you get me my phone? I have a few calls I need to make." I ask. She nods with a small smile and gives me my phone.

"Here you are, sir. I will contact your bodyguard and they can help you get home." She says handing over my cell phone.

"Thank you." I stare at my contacts in sadness and fear. I hope my son learns to forgive me for what I've done. I press the call button, placing it to my ear in hopes of hearing her voice.

"Что вы хотите, чтобы вы не нанесли удар в спину?!" She snaps angrily into the phone. (What do you want you backstabbing no good piece of crap?!)

"Hello to you to, Kira. How are you?" I chuckle. My smile doesn't reach my eyes though because of the pain.

"Hmph, fine. Our son is ruining his chance with his girl just like you did. I hope you are proud that he's just like you. I hope Ida's still alive and giving you a pain in the ass!" I growl, getting agitated with her temper.

"I don't know why I called you. You were always the jealous type. It's not my fault we were forced into marriage. You knew I loved her. Yet you talk as if I'm to blame for your life!"

"Oh don't you be playing the jealous card with me bozo! I loved someone else too and once you found out you killed him!" She shouts back so loud my secretary was looking nervous.

"Don't over exaggerate, woman. I only did that because he had gotton you pregnant with my bastard son. I thought I could love him but he's gone off the rails since he got shot that night. He's worse than me or Nicholas. He deals with trafficking and things you can't comprehend with that little brain of yours." I argue, feeling the urge to pace the floor.

"No.... he wouldn't do that.... no! Why did you call, Nate?" She asks as if giving up on our argument.

"I wanted to hear your voice... I'm sick, Kira." I whisper.

"Yes, you are! You are a sick son of a-" I hang up the phone and cling to it as my eyes fill with tears. I may not have ever loved her but she was my wife and is the mother of my children. I care about her despite everything. I even admit that I am utterly terrified of the woman.

I press the call button again to a different number. "Hello?"

"Hey, princess." There is silence on the line for a few moments before she speaks again.

"Father. What do you want? If it's to spy on Nick or Diana then fuck you!"

"No, princess. I'm dying and I need you to tell your brother that he has no reason to worry about me for much longer. I'm going to be in America within the next twenty four hours to see you." I whisper then proceed to cough.

"Were you shot? How are you dying?" She asks in an almost concerned tone.

"Cancer. I'll be at the mansion by tomorrow." I whisper then hang up the phone and chuck my cellphone at the wall. I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

"Sir, your ride is waiting for you at the entrance of the building. Do you need help getting down through the elevator?" Her angelic voice asks.

"Yes please, Bella. Thank you for helping me even when I don't deserve it." She nods and pecks me on the cheek.

MICA

"Yes, I'm leaving. There isn't any reason to stay here, Van. We both know me leaving is what's best for everyone." I close my suitcase and attempt to leave the room. Vanessa blocks my way from the door.

"No. I can't lose you too! I hate being here just as much as anyone. Please, I thought we were friends!" I sigh and slowly approach her. I gently place my luggage on the ground and face her.

"We still are. I'll try to make contact with you as much as I can. You've been the bestest friend a girl could hope for. I need to go back to Germany and protect both my brother and Krysti. Please move. I really don't want to hurt you." I whisper, then kiss her on the lips. She gets shocked and doesn't move at first then pushes me away.

"I- It's too late for that." She pants then proceeds to lock her lips on mine. I run my hand through her hair and we turn around still kissing. She tasted like black licorice and I moaned in delight. I was tempted to continue our makeout session but I had to go.

"I agree." I reply quickly grabbing my bags and rushing out now that she was no longer blocking the door. I know that was a sick move but it worked.

Alonzo: You kissed my wife?!

Mica: NO MORE SPOILERS! And to be fair Al, she wasn't your wife or even fiance at the time.

Vanessa: *blushes* Um, I didn't want another person to know, let alone tell you. *glares at Mica*

Mica: *shrugs* Sorry?

Alonzo: As long as it was only kissing I'm fine. It's just weird hearing that.

Ryder: I don't know why you're complaining bro. I think it's hot.

As I run down the stairs, towards the door, both Ryder and Christian stand in front of the front door. Great, more blockades I need to remove.

"Do I have to kiss the two of you as well?" I say sarcastically. They both grunt like cavemen, hot sexy cavemen.

"Choose." Ryder says in a low threatening manner. He gestures to Christian and himself.

"I think not. I have no intention of picking either one of you. Now will you please let me leave?"

"No. We can't let you go back to that abusive twit. He's too power hungry. He'll hurt you even after he has everything. Can't you see we're trying to help you?" Christian answers stubbornly.

"If I choose one of you, will you let me leave?" I glare at them. What is it going to take to get these men off my back? Maybe I could drug them or get them to fight each other. The second option sounds more realistic.

"Not alone. We don't want you to disappear in these difficult times. Some crazy mad man could pick you up off the streets and we'd never see you again." Ryder says smugly, knowing fully well that I can take care of myself.

"Ugh! Fine, I cho-" I was about to choose, when Vanessa came running down stairs with her hair still a rats nest from our brief moment together.

"Don't let her leave! Does anyone know where Nicholas is? My father just called and he's coming to the mansion!" She shouts in a panic. I sigh and sit down in the middle of the foyer on the cold marble floor. I don't know what to do anymore. On the one hand I want to help protect Diana but on the other hand my brother will be killed if I don't save him from my wicked fiance. Diana is just going to have to protect herself until I get Alexander sorted out. This if I can even find a way out of here.

Nick walked into the foyer as he was reading the newspaper. "Dad's coming? I hope he and mom can get along seeing as she and our brother are joining us at the ball this weekend. And yes, men don't let Ms.Smith leave. She is way too valuable to lose in the war that is to come." I gap at him, my mouth wide open. He said all that in such a bland tone like this is a normal day to him.

"But you said I could leave!" I exclaim in anger and pound my fist on the ground like a toddler.

"No, I said I didn't like you and I wish I could kill you. I want you here because you could again be of use to me with the enemy and because I don't want to be the only person here with a relationship issue. Any more questions before I take care of my fiance's punishment?" Nicholas asked looking into each of our eyes. I had to admit he was finally starting to sound like a mafia king.

"Are you going to hurt her?" Vanessa asks in an angry tone. I wouldn't try to make her angry dude, she hasn't gotton much sleep sinse Alonzo got kidnapped.

"Yes, but not physically. Not unless she gives me a reason to do so. Now if you excuse me. I need to go prepare the prisoner for a reunion with a friend." Nicholas said leaving the room.

It was quiet for a couple seconds before the two started arguing again.

"She's mine!"

"No, I dated her first bozo!" This was going to be a long ass day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 1.8K 33
πŸ₯‰πŸ₯‰Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020πŸ₯‰πŸ₯‰ Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: Shania Jakes has been through a life of...
595K 12.6K 56
"Let me pleasure you, let me apologise for all the dastardly sins I have committed." I smiled knowingly. "Are you sure? Because there's a lot." Grin...
3.2K 85 40
This is the second book in the His Desire trilogy, therefore you must read Forbidden Desire in order to follow up with the rest of the story!!. --- B...
262K 4.7K 70
ONGOING {Book one in the 'Dark' Mafia Series.} "Kill me," She rasped, her voice hoarse. It was confusing, she wanted this, she wanted me didn't she...