𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 | 𝐒�...

By Rozalolita

Natasha Van Doren is a shadow summoner. She bides her time and resides in darkness, feared and esteemed by Ke... More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀.
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓.
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓.
𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.
𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇
𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐊𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐔𝐍𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋
𝐓𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀 𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄. 𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐖𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄'𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐅𝐄
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐊𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘. 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐂𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘
𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐒𝐎𝐋
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘. 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐊𝐄𝐘𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘. 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐅𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐔𝐍𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐒
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
LMAOOO
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐊𝐔𝐖𝐄𝐈 𝐁𝐎-𝐘𝐔𝐋
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐖
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐒
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐄𝐗𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐒
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐒

3.9K 217 140
By Rozalolita

" She's one of us, Nina, " 

- K.B

"SHE ISN'T WAKING UP,"

"You're a fucking healer,"

"I can't hear her heart,"

"Fuck,"

___

"Mama," The young Zemeni crawled into her mother's arm. The thin nightgown brushing against her thin ankles. Growing up, Natasha Van Doren had been nothing but bones, a literal skeleton wandering the small villages of Ketterdam.

The little family had travelled here by boat, seeking asylum from the Council of the Tides. They had been granted a small beach house until Mr Van Doren was able to find work on the harbour. "I'm so bored,"

The girl sulked, dropping onto the red footstool. Her mother was shucking peas with a crooked knife, her fingertips rough but warm. "I want to go play outside. Why can't I go play outside?"

"The outside is not good for a girl like you," Ms Van Doren reached out, catching Natasha's screwed fists in a single palm. "The barrel is a bad place for little ladies,"

"I am big, mama," Natasha flounced onto her feet, curtseying on the cold kitchen floor. "I can look after myself," She dropped down beside her mother, flicking peas against the wall. "Mama, please, I want to make friends,"

"Friends do not exist," Ms Van Doren said darkly. "Pray to your saints, eat your peas, and listen to what your mother says," She drew Natasha to kiss her forehead, patting the space beside her on the floor. "Now help me make dinner before papa comes home."

___

"Go to hell, Brekker,"

"Do your job, Zenic,"

___

"Can you keep a secret?" Natasha had been wearing gloves for as long as she could remember. Black satin gloves that crawled up to her elbows. The fingertips were slit, its palm embroidered with eclipsed suns.

Kaz Brekker hadn't asked questions. He wondered what she might be hiding. Claws - was she a witch? Or maybe she was in an accident or fire and her hand melted into the bones? His gaze twitched down to her gloved palm.

"Yes,"

Natasha sighed deeply, grabbing his hand and pushing it into her chest. "Swear you won't tell a soul,"

"I don't make promises,"

"Then I won't tell you,"

Natasha crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing Kaz. After several contemplated moments, Kaz sighed. "Fine," he breathed. Kaz watched closely, as she pulled the gloves from her fingertips, keeping them close in her lap.

Her hands looked normal. Dainty fingers, clean skin, normal cut nails. There were no burns, no bones and especially no claws. Kaz gasped in fear and awe as darkness clouds fumed from her palms. "Teach me," He cried out.

"It isn't a trick," She clicked her fingers, and a dark cloud wreathed the wax bag beside them. "It's magic,"

"Magic isn't real,"

"That's not what my mama says,"

"Your mama is stupid,"

Natasha walked away.

___

"WHAT?"

The ground was cold - too cold. Natasha shivered beneath a thick wrap of wool coats and woven shawls. Someone had taken off her boots, placing them neatly beside her. Her hands felt numb. She couldn't move.

Natasha kicked her feet furiously back and forth. So she could move. She stretched out her toes, curling them against her grubby feet. Her thin stockings had snagged somewhere in the ice, the holes frozen over by a thin layer of snow.

"You're awake," Alessia bounded over, curling her arms around her neck. She kissed her nose, each of her cheeks, her forehead. "Saints, I thought you were dead," Alessia mumbled a prayer, hugging Natasha tightly.

"Where are the others?" She looked around the thick gloss of ice, seeing nothing past the dark mist. Alessia gently pushed her back against the make-shift bed. She slipped her boots back on, trying to crawl onto her knees.

"They're waiting over there," Alessia pointed in the opposite direction, blurry figures shivering back and forth. A fire crackled in the distance, the flames too far to warm them. Natasha rubbed a hand against her blue lips, looking up at the light sky.

"How long was I out?"

"A week," Her mouth dropped into an o. "Only kidding," Alessia grinned, shaking her shoulder. "Only 45 minutes, the others will be pissed. They just managed to get the fire going. Anyways, can you walk?" Alessia lifted two hands beneath her armpits, sliding her onto her feet.

"You were insane back there everyone was,"

"What do you mean?"

"Nina was screaming something about Starless saints. Inej wanted to faint," She rubbed a hand against her back, guiding her towards the flames. "Kaz was shouting with Nina and Matthias, and Wylen fell asleep,"

"You look offended. I can shake Wylen awake?"

"No, I'm surprised," Natasha chuckled weakly. "How someone can sleep over that?" She pointed into the distance, the yelling growing louder with each step. She could feel her eardrums ringing as she moved closer and closer.

"They've been like that for a while," Alessia whispered. "I think they've gone insane,"

"Merzost," Nina cried, stamping her foot against the ice. Her brown hair had fallen into wet locks around her neck. She had a cloak drawn across her shoulder. Her round cheeks blushed with cold and indignation. "Absolute merzost,"

"She's just as mad as you are, Zenic," Kaz responded coldly. "She's valuable, and you know it,"

"Van Doren's dangerous,"

"So you suggest we abandon her?" Kaz raised his brow, cane stabbing into the ice. His hand trembled beneath the thick layer. Natasha couldn't tell if he was furious or if he was freezing. "She's one of us, Nina,"

"She will never be one of us," Nina spat. She swayed in front of Kaz, poking a finger hard into his chest. Kaz didn't flinch. He stared at her with cruel and dangerous eyes. "When you are 60, Natasha won't have aged a day past 20. She will be your age and will pick your casket colours looking 18,"

"What has that got to do with anything?"

Nina scoffed, throwing her head back like a bucking horse. "She outlives every Grisha. The Dark Heretic lived until he 600 years old and didn't look a day older than 30,"

"Your point?"

"She will leave you," Zenic sneered, red lips upturned into the nastiest smirk. "Nothing good comes out of shadow summoners. They are evil,"

"Nina," Inej said faintly.

"Don't tell me you're siding with, Brekker?"

"No," She gently grabbed Nina by the sleeve, spinning her towards Alessia and Natasha.

They both shivered in the ice, a shawl bundled across both their shoulders. Alessia smiled weakly, in a fruitless attempt to soothe the tension - it was so thick that if you lit a match, the world would engulf in flames.

Nina's jaw dropped awkwardly. She immediately pressed a hand across her lips. "Nina Zenic," Natasha whispered. Her silver eyes welled with tears which she sniffed back instantly. "Aren't you the sweetest soul?" 

A/N

- this is dumb but I needed to post something so here you go! I know Nina many people might disagree with the way I've portrayed Nina but I genuinely believe she'd act like that until she felt like she could trust Natasha again. If you enjoyed please vote and comment! Chapters might be shorter now that school has reopened and I'm being given homework already :(

- rosa <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457K 17.7K 68
❛ ʻʻ .. it's strange how fate keeps bringing us together .. 〞 in which a girl who can see a person's fate from the touch of a hand falls for the on...
3.2K 111 19
A few days after Alina and I escaped the clutches of my brother, the former Ravkan general of the Second Army, Aleksander Kirigan, we parted ways. I...
1.9K 187 9
Maud had a lot to achieve and a lot of people to disappoint. She was working hard as Medical student, until she just couldn't bear it anymore, so she...
3.7K 57 24
✨Completed! ✨ Six of Crows AU: Set after Crooked Kingdom. The Crows are all still together. Matthias isn't dead, and they are all still working toget...