From Trainer to Beast Tamer P...

By SnowflakeDragon18

As if the Pokémon world wasn't strange enough, Hoenn Champion (Y/N) finds herself transported to the magical... More

Keys and Pokemon List
Chapter 1: Welcome to Twisted Wonderland
Chapter 2: the Haunted Dorm
Chapter 3: Don't Anger Dark Types
Chapter 4: Idiot Wrangling
Chapter 5: Idiot Training
Chapter 6: First Day
Chapter 7: Senior Encounters
Chapter 8: Tart Making
Chapter 9: An Unmerry Unbirthday Party
Chapter 10: You Choose
Shenanigans 2
Shenanigans 3
Special Event: Scary Monsters, A Screaming Halloween Show
Chapter 11: Magift
Chapter 12: The Investigation Begins
Chapter 13: Confronting a Hyena and a Wolf
Chapter 14: Life's Not Fair
Shenanigans 4
Shenanigans 5
Shenanigans 6
Special Event: Ghost Groom
Chapter 15: Deal with the Devil
Chapter 16: It's A Deal
Chapter 17: Kicked Out
Chapter 18: A Wrench in the Plan
Chapter 19: Plan B
Chapter 20: Mission Accomplished?
Chapter 21: Let Go
Shenanigans 7
Shenanigans 8
Shenanigans 9
Special Event: Camp Vargas
Chapter 22: Winter Break
Chapter 23: Kalim and Unexplainable Moodswings
Chapter 24: Suspicion
Chapter 25: Fighting Cunning with Cunning
Chapter 26: Repressed Anger
Shenanigans 10
Shenanigans 11
Shenanigans 12
Special Event: Fairy Gala
Chapter 27: VDC
Chapter 28: Auditions
Chapter 29: Boot Camp
Chapter 30: The Line is Crossed
Chapter 31: Cultural Festival
Chapter 32: A Bit of a Setback
Chapter 33: A Step too Far
Chapter 34: An Unexpected End
Shenanigans 13
Shenanigans 14
Shenanigans 15
Special Event: Fireworks Festival
Chapter 35: Invasion
Chapter 36: Time to be Reckless
Chapter 37: Tailing the Kidnappers
Chapter 38: Never Trigger the Secret Boss Early
Chapter 39: All Fun and Games...
Chapter 40:...Till People Get Hurt
Chapter 41: Sleep Kiss
Chapter 42: Descent
Chapter 43: Titans
Chapter 44: Into the Fire
Chapter 45: Earth Titan Part 2
Chapter 46: Ice Titan Part 2
Chapter 47: Magma Titan Part 2
Chapter 48: Battle for the Underworld
Chapter 49: A New Beginning
Shenanigans 16
Shenanigans 17
Shenanigans 18
Special Event: Glorious Masquerade
Chapter 50: A Storm Brewing
Christmas Special
Chapter 51: Blackout
Lost In Briar Valley AU Pt 1
Lost in Briar Valley AU Pt 2
Lost in Briar Valley AU Pt 3
Lost in Briar Valley Pt 4

Shenanigans 1

19.9K 442 84
By SnowflakeDragon18

I own nothing and I'm calling these chapters that because that's what they are. Also they are two in ones given how short they are.
Extreme Equestrian Club
"Equestrian Club?" (Y/N) asked as she put her tea cup down.
It had been a little bit since the Revenge Unbirthday Party (and having to hunt down Swampert before her could skin a cat boy) and (Y/N) had received an invitation from Riddle to have some tea every once in a while. Mostly these little get togethers were so Riddle could ask her for advice, but the Pokémon trainer didn't mind. Today, Land Form Shaymin (who was quite fond of Riddle) and Alcremie had accompanied her and the conversation had moved over to after class activities.
"Yes." Riddle answered her as he offered Shaymin a bit of pastry. "I quite enjoy it, and since you work with animals, I thought perhaps you might like to join us sometime."
"It does sound nice."
"I could even teach you to put on a saddle and ride." The red head offered with a smile.
(Y/N) shook her head. "Oh, I already know how to do those things. I have an Equine Pokémon myself."
"Really?"
"Yeah, she a real sweetie, but she's pretty competitive." She nervously chuckled. "One time, I had to chase her through an entire town because she thought some other Pokémon was challenging her to a race. She's well behaved when I'm riding her though."
"Well, why don't you bring her along? I'm sure you'd feel more comfortable riding her."
"Are you sure?" She asked genuinely worried. "I wouldn't want to scare the other horses."
Riddle chuckled. "I wouldn't worry, the horses are well behaved. And you said your Pokémon is female?"
"Yes?"
"Then there will definitely be no problem."
(Y/N) nervously sipped her tea. "Oh, you haven't met Rapidash."
(Timeskip)
"So you invited her?" Silver asked as he got a horse ready.
"Yes," Riddle admitted. "This seemed to align with her work and she even knows how to ride already."
"Well I don't see the point in inviting that girl here." Sebek argued.
"If she already knows how to ride and proper horse care, it should be fine." Silver shot back.
Riddle felt a little embarrassed. He probably should have discussed this with the club before hand, but (Y/N) had seemed excited for it. As he finished saddling his horse, he heard a commotion outside.
"Wow!"
"Is that real?"
"Even for a Beast Tamer that's incredible."
"How is she even riding that!?"
The males rushed out to see (Y/N) surrounded by the other members of the club (at a safe distance), atop a tall, pale, unicorn....with a flaming mane and tail....that was somehow not burning through the bridle or the saddle, or her. Riddle's eyes bulged at the sight, though thinking he really shouldn't have been surprised by this turn of events given the nature of her other Pokémon. He handed his horse off to Silver and hesitantly approached.
She smiled at her fellow dorm leader. "Afternoon Riddle!"
"Good afternoon (Y/N)."
"I brought Rapidash like I said. Don't worry, she's probably one of my better behaved Pokémon."
"I see. You are aware she is a unicorn....that is on fire?"
The trainer grinned. "Don't worry about me. Rapidash's mane won't burn a rider they trust and she won't be breathing fire today."
Riddle sweat dropped. "I would hope not."
The red head pulled out the Pokédex which he had asked Deuce for in preparation.
"Rapidash, the Fire Horse Pokémon. Kantonian variant. The evolved form of Ponyta. Rapidash usually can be seen casually cantering in the fields and plains. However, when this Pokémon turns serious, its fiery manes flare and blaze as it gallops its way up to 150 mph. Very competitive, this Pokémon will chase anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing it."
"You are sure she isn't going to cause problems?" Riddle asked.
Rapidash snorted, steam bellowing from her nostrils and her left, front hoof stomping angrily.
"Don't worry, I've kept her under control in worse conditions than this." (Y/N) assured.
The ride with Riddle went fairly well. Despite his initial worries, Rapidash was clearly well trained and had a great temperament (save for one burnt tree that got hit due to Rapidash blasting a Flamethrower at a snake that scared her new horse friends). The students eventually returned to the barn and unsaddled their horses and did some grooming. Silver admired (Y/N) as she soothed her Pokémon, who would be unsaddled later.
"She is very pretty."
Rapidash whinnied at the compliment.
"Thanks, the species is just so majestic."
"It's also clear you take excellent care of her." Riddle added.
"Oh stop. She's pretty independent so I don't need to do much." (Y/N) noticed Riddle's hand fidgeting and smiled. "Do you want to pet her?"
He eyes widened. "Oh, um, if it isn't too much."
Riddle allowed Rapidash to get his scent and began to pet her as he would any other horse. She seemed to enjoy it. The Dorm Leader was quite pleased.
"Riddle wait!" Silver tried to say.
The red head quickly realized in the split second he had closed his eyes, he had instinctively gone for the mane, which was pure fire. It would've been a nightmare if Riddle didn't find Rapidash's mane cool to the touch. His eyes bulged as he did not get burnt. (Y/N) chuckled.
"I told you, Rapidash's mane doesn't hurt people they trust."
Riddle blushed. "Oh, I'm glad you think highly of me, Rapidash."
The horse whinnied and nudge Riddle towards her back.
"I think she wants you to ride her."
"Um, all right."
Riddle mounted the Pokémon and led her outside. Despite Rapidash being a fire unicorn, it didn't feel too far off from a normal horse ride.
"See, Riddle? Get pass all the fire, and it's just a normal horse ride."
"I suppose." He agreed.
Sebek of course had to be annoying at that moment, riding his own horse.
"I suppose that means it's no better than a regular horse. Are you sure it could outrace any of our horses?"
True to the Pokédex, Sebek's comment enraged the fire type, whose mane flared as she charged at blazing speeds. Riddle yelled, hanging on for dear life. (Y/N) yelped, running after her Pokémon.
"Rapidash no!"
The speed of Rapidash created enough force to knock Sebek off his horse and the entire club spent the better part of an hour trying to save Riddle from the wild ride.
Needless to say, Sebek was not allowed near Rapidash.

Berry Panic
"You want permission to grow berries from your world in the Botanical Gardens?" Crowley asked skeptically.
(Y/N) bowed, her hands in a pleading position. "Please sir, they have a lot of health benefits for my Pokémon and they're completely safe for people to. My stock is running low and the gardens are the closest temperature to my home region."
"The berries are really tasty!" Grim added, forced to testify since he was the one who broke into the berry stock."
The headmaster rubbed his chin. "I'm not sure. Introducing a not just foreign plant, an alien plant, let alone several into the gardens is skeptical to say the least."
"They'll be kept in individual pots and they're not parasitic."
"Still."
The trainer took a deep breath. "You know, the berry bushes produce plenty of berries at a time and they grow within days thanks to Pokémon I happen to own. I'm sure there would be plenty of people interested in purchasing berries wholly unique to Night Raven College."
The unsubtle bribe was enough to convince the headmaster, and (Y/N) was given permission to grow her plants.
The next day, (Y/N) was in the Botanical Gardens with Grim, the Heartslabyul boys, and an assortment of her Grass and Bug types.
"Uh, why did we agree to this?" Ace asked as he prepared a pot to (Y/N) specifications.
"Because we still need to make it up to (Y/N) for staying in her dorm." Deuce shot back as he was carrying bags of soil with Tropius.
(Y/N) chuckled as she, Trey, and Riddle filled the pots. Cater was busy taking photos of the berries and posting them.
"So these berries will grow quickly, (Y/N)?" Riddle asked.
"Yup." She responded as Shaymin perched on her shoulder. "Usually they'd take two or three weeks on their own, but thanks to my Pokémon, it'll only take a few days."
"Any chance I could use some of these berries?" Trey asked jokingly.
"Oh course! But you should really let me pick them out. Some of these berries have very powerful flavors that can be very difficult to use."
Once the pots were prepared, the group planted 2 Oran Berries, 2 Sitrus Berries, 2 Lum Berries, and 3 Mago Berries for Trey. After all of the Pokémon performed move like Growth to stimulate the plants and Swampert watered them, the pots were marked with drawings of the berries and they were all set aside in a roped off area with a sign in front of it.
"This area is roped off for foreign berries which must remain isolated. Do not approach or pick berries without the permission and supervision of the Ramshackle Dorm Leader, who is the assigned specialist of these plants. Picture taking is safe though."
(Y/N) watered the plants daily, usually accompanied by Appletun or Tropius, and within a few days, the bushes had yielded their first batch of berries. Trey helped (Y/N) and Grimm cultivate the modest harvest since he did want to know about the berries for his desserts. (Y/N) held up a round, blue one.
"This is an Oran Berry. It's very nutritious and can treat minor injuries." She then held up a yellow berry. "And this is a Sitrus Berry. Same thing really as the Oran Berry, but with much greater result. Usually, these are grounded up and used to treat illnesses."
"Oh, that's good to know. We have plenty of students getting sick from stress."
"Yeah, but these are the berries you want for your desserts." She held up a pink, claw shaped berry with a yellow tip. "This is a Mago berry. It's super sweet and it pairs well with basically anything."
She handed the berry to the senior, who greatly enjoyed it.
"This is amazing! This'll taste great in my recipes." He smiled at her. "Don't worry, you'll be the first to get a taste."
"Hey! What about me!?" Grim whined.
"I'm still mad about you raiding my stores."
Over the course of a few weeks, (Y/N) cultivated plenty of berries, though a portion had to be given up as collateral for the school, and most of the Mago berries went to Trey. However, (Y/N) began to notice that the berry bushes were not yielding as many berries as they did, which was odd considering berry bushes would yield more berries gradually in their initial life spans. It didn't take long for her to realize that someone was poaching the berries, given that half eaten ones started to be left around the scene of the crime and some of the bushes were damaged (a new Lum Berry bush had to be planted).
(Y/N) growled. "Seriously? Honestly, I should ask Riddle to stand guard to catch the rule breakers."
As she growled over her damaged plants, Appletun yipped to get her attention. (Y/N) walked over to find the lion boy from before sleeping. (Y/N) felt her eye twitch.
"Hey kitty, any chance you know what happened to the bushes?"
He opened one green eye to glare at her. "What did you call me?"
She crossed her arms. "Kitty, because that's what you are. Did you eat the berries?"
He huffed. "Why would I eat some stupid berries like a pathetic herbivore?"
"All right, did you see who did it?"
He smirked and closed his eyes. "Maybe, but I couldn't care."
"Appletun, sit on him."
The grass/dragon type did as she was told and pushed all her weight onto the male.
"Gah! Get off!" When he failed to even budge the Pokémon, he glared at the trainer. "I will end you for this, Herbivore."
She rolled her eyes. "You couldn't beat the butterfly, what makes you think you can beat the tanky dragon?"
"You call this call this tub of lard a dragon!?"
"Yes, wanna see the moves that prove she is?"
He growled, but eventually sighed. "I didn't see them, I come in here to sleep. But I think the thieves aren't smart enough to check what the berries do. I think even you can figure out what I'm trying to say, Herbivore."
She narrowed her eyes at his smug attitude, but let it slide this time for the information. She got Appletun off him and got to work with the trap. Over the course of the next week, a new batch of berry bushes were grown and while they were, (Y/N) had Silvally and Raichu guard them. She even left a note.
"Guard Pokémon on duty, do not disturb. Thieves will be Multi-Attacked and Thunderbolted."
That was enough to keep the thieves away long enough for the new plant to grow and a sprout berries. Putting the plan in motion, she took the two off guard duty and waited. The next day, she walked in to find a few student writhing on the floor in agony, gasping for breath or gaging.
Makes sense, she did plant Figgy Berries, Tamato Berries, and Aguav Berries, all either incredibly spicy, or incredibly bitter. (Y/N) smirked down on them.
"Well, well, well, I see we've caught our thieves. I suggest reading the signs next time, morons."
As she lectured the thieves, a little ways away, Leona chuckled to himself. Seems like the Herbivore didn't need her monsters to be terrifying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 193 10
After turning 18 years old, you relocate to the Hoenn region and begin your quest for victory in the Pokemon League, and hope to become a Pokemon Mas...
139K 3.6K 73
We all know the story about Cinderella, being poor and then with help of magic become queen... Well this story isn't about m...
9.1K 125 25
So Kat has finally become the Champion of Kanto, but with this new journey about to unfold before her will she be able to handle the truth that is to...
8.5K 163 14
Y/N is a Fairy Type specialist in the Galar region who is Opal's successor. Y/N's team consist of Shiinotic, Galarian Rapidash, Hatterene and a Sylve...