Blood Haven ➼ Sam Winchester...

Od -adoringsam

[POORLY WRITTEN, SO PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.] ❞ Rory, if you flirt with my brother one more time I'm goi... Více

BLOOD HAVEN
PART ONE: ROAD TRIP
PROLOGUE
01: REUNION IN WISCONSIN
02: THE START OF SOMETHING
03: DIVING INTO DARK WATERS
04: AWKWARD CONVERSATIONS
05: TIPS TO FLYING 101
06: MIRROR ON THE WALL
07: HIDDEN SECRETS
08: LAWRENCE, KANSAS
09: DARK PLACES, DARK SECRETS
10: LIVING NIGHTMARE
11: TORN HEARTS, BURNT MARKS
12: CONNECTED THROUGH FIRES
13: MISSING BAMBI
14: EMBRACING THE SHADOWS
15: FAKE GHOST HUNTERS
16: HAUNTED PAINTINGS
17: VAMPIRE, FIGHTS, ETC
18: INTO THE WILD
19: BAD MOON RISING
PART TWO: NEW JOURNEY
20: AS I LAY THERE, WILL YOU BE WITH ME?
21: THE ROADHOUSE
AUTHORS NOTE (PLEASE READ)

22: SPEAKING ABOUT BROKEN PARTS

1.3K 91 101
Od -adoringsam

Chapter Twenty Two: Not Edited

(I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. HERE IS THE NEWEST CHAPTER FOR BLOOD HAVEN. ENJOY!)

(PLEASE MAKE SURE TO COMMENT AND VOTE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.)

50 VOTES AND 40 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER

Fingers tapped anxiously against his side as the sight of Harvelle's Roadhouse appeared in his vision. Shockingly enough the sunlight that threatened to overtake his vision did nothing to him when he pulled down the familiar dirt road. He wouldn't know what to do if the sunlight was worse than it seemed to be. Last thing he needed was to have to call a tow truck because he accidentally rammed Bobby's truck into a light pole.

He could hear Dean's voice ringing in his head so clearly at that thought. What scared him the most is that he knew Bobby would be the worst of them all. Sure, he was a bit rough around the edges but as soon as someone breaks something or even crash one of his borrowed vehicles into something, all hell will break loose— and quite frankly, no one had time for that.

If he was being honest with himself, he would rather face Bloody Mary again then deal with the lingering glare and shouts from Bobby Singer and that was him being completely honest. Nothing was more scary than upsetting someone who is old, especially a hunter. He really didn't needed to be threatened by rock salt.

A slight breeze ruffled through his blonde hair, a bruise forming under his eyebrow as he recalled the event that happened the night before. The night when he lost his masculinity because he tripped and slammed his forehead into a door knob. Dean thought it was hilarious but Sam kept casting worried glances as the blonde grabbed a cup of ice to place on the bruise that was already forming

Of course Sam would be the only one concerned for his well being. Well, Bobby too. But he only heard the word idgjit being through at him multiple times, so he guessed losing the battle with metal didn't help either. He knew Dean would never leave this alone. Why would he? That boy has some grudge against him and he still does not understand why.

Hopefully, Jo doesn't laugh at me.

That thought crossed his mind briefly and he pushed it to the back of his mind. Jo was not Dean. No matter how many times he tells himself that she wouldn't laugh, he couldn't get the picture of his head. If he was being honest, they had a reason to laugh. The flirtatious, Rory Moore lost a battle to a doorknob— which would probably be on the newspaper headline if he was famous or something.

The doorbell rung softly above his head as he entered the broken down building. It was quiet, like too quiet but he saw couple of men lift their heads up to see who walked through the door and when they saw him, they went on back their own business, like he didn't matter or was not important to investigate.

A bouncy blonde came around the corner, a grin over taking Rory's face as Jo set down her tray of drinks to come greet him at the door. It had been a week since they last saw each and even though this was their second time meeting, both of them couldn't keep the excitement of their faces.

"You back already? Mom will be thrilled to see you here." Jo says, quickly glancing behind the boy for something.

"He's not here."

Jo snapped her face back to look at the blonde, but kept her cool. "What?"

"Dean. He's not here." He replied smoothly, shoving his hands inside his pocket. "Him and Sam went on a case."

"You didn't want to go with him and lover boy?"

Gnawing on his bottom lip, he followed Jo to the edge of the bar, plastering his arms on top of the wooden surface. His eyebrows furrowed at her choice of words, but didn't comment on it— especially the nickname she gave Sam. It had to be Sam, right? If it was Dean, he would definitely sit the girl down and have a long lecture on why it's not him.

"Vampires aren't my kind of thing." Is what he found himself saying. "Last time I countered one was when an asshole of a father decided it was a good time to act arrogant towards his youngest."

Jo raised her eyebrow at that. "Are we talking about John?"

"Shit. I'm sorry. That sounded insensitive." He went to apologize but she laughed.

"Don't sweat it. I never knew him and my mother never talks about him." She explained, pouring a shot of whiskey before sliding it to the boy. "It's not like I pry, but from what I can see, he's a real piece of work."

"He was. I am pretty sure he didn't like me." He frowned.

Before Jo answer, the door to the back swung open to reveal Ellen Harvelle walking out with pretzels in her hand. She didn't seem to notice the new visitor but when she did, her eyes lit up and an easy smile appeared on her face before Rory saw her walking over to them.

The blonde respected Ellen, not because of her being a hunter but because how she looked out for her daughter. She reminded Rory so much of his mother and his heart tightened at the thought of her. If his mother was here today, he was surely certain that Ellen and her would get along so well. It's a shame that she was gone, but not forgotten.

"I thought I heard your voice." Ellen smiled warmly, her hands setting down the box of pretzels on the table. "Where's the boys? They didn't kick you to the curb, did they?"

"No." He laughed, his voice lowering. "Vampires in a town nearby. Didn't feel like facing them today."

"Boy, this is a hunters bar. No need to whisper." She reminded him. "But, vampires are a mess. Don't blame you for sitting this one out."

"Actually, Dean benched me." The blonde blurted out, causing both of them to look at him in surprise. "It wasn't a mutual decision. Trust me."

Ellen handed him a pretzel with sympathy. "Dean still being hard on you?"

"Unfortunately because the world likes being cruel to me."

Jo raised her eyebrow. "What is his deal anyway? Your a friend of his brothers, why is he acting like a possessive boyfriend?"

The blonde laughed at her choice of words. "Cause how we met wasn't ideal. If his common sense I would be the same."

"Ideal as meeting on a hunting or did one of the boys date a relative of yours?"

The air around him seemed to drop, like ten degrees and he felt himself start to shiver and that made the mother, daughter duo stare at him with concern. Rory knew he would have to talk about Jessica eventually but he didn't think it would be now. He didn't want Jo or even Ellen to think differently of him.

It wasn't like he murdered his sister. But sometimes he did. If he was just there to protect her then she would still be alive and marrying Sam by now. At that thought, his eyes watered because then he wouldn't have a chance with the youngest Winchester.

Wait, what?

A chance, really? Rory wanted to pinch himself. Why would he think that? Yes, he has been on the road with Sam and Dean for almost four months but that doesn't mean he has feelings for his sisters boyfriend. Well, ex boyfriend if he actually thought about it. But that still doesn't make it right.

"Rory?"

How could he even think about going after Jessica's boyfriend? Especially since all of his past flings and one relationship turned out bad. He remembered the one serious relationship he had but it was one sided because the next thing he knew the guy was gone and it left Rory heartbroken for months and the only person who got him out of it was Jessica.

A pair of hands clapping in his face caught his attention, and he looked up to see Jo gazing at him in concern— her eyes growing wider and it took the blonde a second to realize that he was crying. How pathetic of him. Really? Crying in front of a girl?

"Where's your Mom?"

"She is not the type to be around waterworks." She replied apologetically.

"Huh. I thought all Mom's dig that."

Jo laughed, her eyes brightening. "No, not mine. I guess you can blame the hunting life on that one."

"Too much pain and loss, I guess." He mused out loud, making the girl hum out in agreement.

"Yeah."

Both of them grew quiet— more on Rory's part. What was he supposed to say? Oh, he's upset because a guy broke his heart or was he supposed to find the courage to say he was pining over his sisters boyfriend? To make matters worse, was he supposed to say she was dead too? That was insensitive for him to think about, but it was really bothering him.

"Okay, what's your deal?"

Rory glanced at her nervously. "What? I don't know what you mean."

"Don't act like theres nothing going on." Jo says, placing one hand on her hip. "Cause I can smell bullshit from a mile away."

"Nothing is going on with me." He replied dryly. "I am having a minor crisis at the moment."

"About what?"

"The meaning of life and why every time I start to find a purpose, it goes away." The blonde took of a sip of his drink before putting it down on the table.

"Sounds like a struggle." She quirked an eyebrow while pouring him another drink. "Why do you feel that way?"

"Heart break, losing your sister to the point that you start to fall for her boyfriend and dealing with his brother who acts like a possessive boyfriend. Take your pick."

His mouth shut sharply at the last statement— making him want to face palm himself in the face for revealing too much information. Now Jo will start asking questions about how his sister died and why falling for her ex is such a bad thing, because in reality it wasn't that bad, but to him, it was.

Jo's eyes softened at his revelation. "How did she die?"

"Yellow Eyed demon." He replied flatly, his leg bouncing up and down in nervousness. "Found that out on the road with Sam and Dean."

"She died just like their mother, didn't she?"

"Yeah. Not a fun way to go out." His voice muttered lowly, but loud enough for the blonde girl to hear.

She murmured in agreement. "So now your falling for Sam."

If Rory was drinking anything at this moment, he would choke because how did she go from talking about his sister to Sam in a flat 40 seconds. It's not like she is not the best conversationalist or isn't zoned into the conversation, but in this reality, she is, which either will be a good thing or bad thing.

"I am not falling for anyone." He had to bite his tongue from saying a certain brunette's name.

"Uh huh. That blush says otherwise." The blonde girl pointed at his rosy cheeks.

"I don't have-" He rubbed the edges of his cheeks before slightly glancing down at the wooden bar, sighing.

"So is that a yes?"

He continued to stare at the reflection gleaming back at him. He couldn't be falling for Sam. He just couldn't. After his ex boyfriend, he couldn't have his heart broken again, because the one person who could snap him out of it was gone and he was pretty sure Dean Winchester would not give him relationship advice.

That was a disaster in the making.

As he thought about it more, maybe Jo could help him. She was a girl, and he didn't want to be stereotypical about this, but maybe she had the best advice. But Rory wasn't so sure that he wanted to ask her. She was a hunter, not some teenage girl who lived in romance novels and fantasy's.

"I just can't have my heart broken again."

Jo quirked an eyebrow. "By who? Sam? I am pretty sure that he's not a heartbreaker."

He laughed. "Yeah, he's too much of a softy for that."

"So, who broke it? Some hot girl or a nice guy with a tanned body line?"

"Steve."

It felt like years since Rory had said his name. He wasn't sure if he liked how it came out or nor how he hoped his ex would appear out of nowhere and tell him that this was only a dream. A horrible nightmare that seemed to be eating him alive from the inside out. He needed that reassurance because right now he has none.

He didn't want to seem like the type of to still think about his ex, especially if they broke his heart in a very bad way. But he couldn't help it, he was a romantic and probably always will be one. Let's just hope his next relationship will work out this time because he is not in the mood to get hurt again.

"You dated someone name Steve?" Jo tried to hold back a laugh. "Was that a mutual decision or did this Steve beg for you to date him?"

"Oh, shut up." He rolled his eyes at that one. "He is not a bad guy if thats what your hinting at."

"Never said he was." She held up her hands in defense. "So he broke your heart? How did that happen."

Rory thought about his first meeting with Steve and how they hit it off at the first conversation. He was a bit older than the blonde but he still had a wonderful time. A smile appeared on his face as he thought of the times him and Steve went to pull pranks on people and how they shared an apartment for awhile.

He wanted to inwardly cringe as he remembered telling Sam and Dean that he had a roommate, not knowing the full details that this so called roommate left him in the middle of the night— leaving nothing but dust. That thought made the smile quickly vanish and annoyance flash across his face.

How could Rory blindly fall in love with someone who only left him with a broken heart? That's probably why he was so scared. He didn't want Sam to do the same thing when he got tired of him. He may not be interesting to most, but Rory is not a bad guy, even if a certain Winchester says otherwise.

"I really don't think it matters how he broke my heart, only that he did." He started to gnaw on his bottom lip. "I guess you can say I always fall for the wrong guy because quite clearly all of my relationships failed badly. I am cursed."

"I may not be that type of girl to give you some romantic bull crap advice but even then I can tell you what you said was shit."

Rory released the skin beneath his teeth. "How'd you know?"

"Cause you got a great guy pining after you-"

"Oh, yeah because his life isn't totally cursed." He rolled his eyes at that one.

"Hey, I am just saying." Jo shrugged nonchalantly, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Give him a chance. You may never know, he may be the one you've been looking for."

With that, Rory watched her walk away, a thoughtful look appearing on his face. Was she right? Should he give Sam a chance? Or should he wait until more signs appear to signal he is the right choice? Would waiting make the suspense even worse? He didn't want to hit on Sam in a way that says he's interested because that could backfire into his face and it wouldn't be pretty.

But, what if it didn't backfire? What if Sam had feelings for him all along? The blonde could scoff at the thought of Sam Winchester having feelings for him. He wasn't special nor was he a hunter secretly in training. He really didn't stand out to anyone but himself and he wanted to keep it that way for as long as possible.

A buzz screeched across the Harvelle Roadhouse, making several heads to turn to look at him curiously— until then they realized that it was just a phone and nothing interested. He was glad that they turned their attention back to either their drink or the conversation and not him.

Looking down at his phone, he saw it was a short ominous text from Dean Winchester. Scrunching his eyebrows, he read the text message in his head but was still confused, so he whispered it out loud so no one would hear it around him.

"Call me, we need to talk." He read it out loud, making him roll his eyes. "If you want to call me, do it your self."

If Dean wanted to apologize or even make talk to him, then he needs to call himself. He never understand the eldest Winchester and how he handles himself but the blonde guessed he needed to get over it because they'll probably be around each other for a bit longer— to his dismay

But he guessed. he could deal with him for a bit longer for Sam.

__________________

50 votes and 40 comments for next chapter.

I am so sorry for the long wait, I really am. But I finally updated! I hope you guys liked this chapter. I know Sam and Dean weren't in it but I wanted Rory to make relationships out of the Winchesters because we love character development.

I am posting this a couple days before my birthday so this could be a birthday update for y'all! This chapter is dedicated too buckley- skaikruobrien

Please make sure to comment and vote as much as you can.

Question of the chapter: Favorite early Supernatural season?

My Answer: Season Five.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

175K 4.4K 25
When you met Sam at Stanford, you knew your life would be filled with friendship and support. But you're pulled into the world of the supernatural a...
714 55 22
has a major crush on Dean but is afraid to tell him because she feels he still sees her as the 14 year old he met 9 years ago. After a hunt gone wron...
3.5K 113 14
"was it the infinite sadness of her eyes that drew him or the mirror of himself that he found in the gorgeous clarity of her mind?" - f. scott fitzge...
67.5K 2.5K 105
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...