His Flower [DISCONTINUED]

By EmmUrFav

❝Admit it, Flower. You just can't stay away from me, can you?❞ ••••• Rose Adams lives a life constantly on th... More

0: Character Aesthetics
1: Rose
2: School
3: Flowers
4: Party
5: Going Home
6: Meet The Gang
7: Shopping
8: Movie Night
9: Cafeteria Texts
10: Detention
11: The Spot
12: Bob & Benny
13: Bonfire
14: Fight
15: Wounds
16: Jo Knows
17: My Parents
18: Benny Bear
19: Lunch
20: Biology Project
21: Swimming... Sort Of
22: Halloween Party
23: Jealousy
24: Perspectives
25: Mean Girls
27: Movie Theatre
28: Wrist
29: Diner
30: An Accident
31: I Like You
32: Abuse
33: Regret
34: I Miss Him
35: Back To Normal
36: Late Night Confessions
37: Selfish
38: Kiss Me
39: Skateboard
40: Sprinklers
41: Cottage
42: Cottage P2
43: Emotions
44: Best Friends Forever
45: Final Night
46: The Hospital
47: The Truth
48: Last Words
49: Move to Italy
50: Last Night

26: Great Minds Think Alike

1.7K 67 60
By EmmUrFav

After a long day at school, I decided to postpone my homework and go on a bike ride. My horrible sense of direction combined with the piercing wind quickly made me realize that this was a bad decision. However, my legs took over in place of my brain. I didn't even realize I was at the spot until I pulled up in front of the familiar woods that Antonio had shown me. It was like my body knew exactly where to take me.

I was so used to being led by Antonio that it took me a bit of time to find the clearing, though when I did, I was stunned to see that I wasn't alone.

My first instinct was to hide behind a tree. I squinted my eyes at the figure, and relief washed over me once I realized it was Antonio. Completely still, he lied on his back with an arm behind his shaggy head. His eyes were closed and I almost thought he was sleeping.

As I steadily approached him, I stepped on a twig on the ground. I gasped when he jumped up.

"Relax!" My heart raced. "It's just me."

"Well don't just creep up on me like that," he yelped after recovering from his initial shock. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," I raised my eyebrows.

"Don't act all shocked. This is my spot," he childishly replied.

I was exasperated. "How was I supposed to know you'd be here?"

Annoyance wiped off his face, and he coyly grinned.

"Admit it, Flower. You just can't stay away from me, can you?"

"Do me a favor and humble yourself."

He only laughed at my irritation. I glanced around at the deciduous trees surrounding the clearing. A red leaf trickled down and landed in front of my feet. When I looked up at Antonio, he was already lying back down on the ground.

"Well don't just stand there." He lazily gestured me over.

I chuckled and went to lie down next to him on a bed of autumn leaves.

"Y'know, I didn't think you'd actually come back to this place," he admitted.

"I didn't either," I softly replied.

We grinned and turned our heads to look at each other. Although, the smile quickly slipped off of my face.

"Where'd you get that cut?" I slowly traced the thin, red line on his cheek.

"Fell off my motorcycle," he grimaced.

I gasped. "I told you! That thing is a death trap."

Antonio laughed, but it didn't reach his eyes. I wondered if he was telling me the truth...

"Hey, uh, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked. "Just out of curiosity."

"Or out of jealousy," he suggestively smirked.

I nudged his shoulder. "You wish."

His smirk only widened. "Why do you ask?"

"Just answer the question," my left eye twitched.

"Fine, I don't. I've never had one," he admitted. "What's it to you?"

Skepticism was written all over my face. "Never?"

"Never," he confirmed with a lazy shrug.

I'd only bothered asking because of my earlier confrontation with Kimmy and Beth. I suppose it would've made sense for them to be angry with me, if one of them was dating him. Now that I knew they weren't, I realized there was no excuse for them—they were just plain crazy.

How was it possible that a guy like Antonio had never had a girlfriend? I hated to admit it, but he was pretty damn perfect. Minus his giant ego and stubborn personality, of course.

"You don't have to look so happy about it," Antonio teased, interrupting my thoughts.

I hadn't even realized I was smiling.

"Why would I be happy that you don't have a girlfriend?"

"I dunno, Flower, you tell me," he chuckled.

I laughed right back, but after a short moment, Antonio stopped smiling. Something flickered in his eyes as he stared at my face. There it was... that fascination.

"I told you to stop that." I broke the eye contact as my cheeks began to heat up.

"Stop what?"

"Looking at me like that," I said.

"Like what?"

Like I'm the only girl in the world.

"Like that," I gestured wildly at his face.

"Oh, so now I'm not allowed to look at you?"

"Shut up, you know exactly what I mean," I softly scoffed.

Antonio didn't stop looking at me, and I felt a million butterflies flutter in my stomach. I had to remind myself that he was a grade-A player, with every girl in town pining after him. Kimmy and Beth were proof of that. Flirting was practically his specialty. I wasn't special to him.

And so I punched his shoulder.

"Ouch!" he yelped, sitting up. "What was that for?"

"Just friends," I reinforced with a glare.

"Friends can't look at each other?" he innocently replied.

My glare only deepened, which didn't intimidate him at all. In fact, he laughed before lying back down next to me, the leaves flattening underneath him. We gazed at the sky for a moment, but the silence didn't last long. My phone dinged with a text, and I curiously brought it out of my pocket.

Romano

Party tonight, you down?

I raised my eyebrows and rapidly texted back.

It's a school night.

The three typing bubbles appeared almost instantly, and my phone dinged with more messages.

Please?

If you come I'll take you to the movie theatre tomorrow for that Marvel movie you've been dying to watch.

Hmm. Tempting.

I'll pay for your ticket.

I grinned at his bribery.

And buy me popcorn?

Deal.

I giggled, sending back a thumbs-up emoji. He sent back one last message.

Picking you up at 9.

I clicked off my phone and glanced at Antonio, who I knew had been nosily looking over my shoulder and reading the entire conversation.

"I love your cousin," I fondly spoke of Romano.

"Not as much as you love me," he cheekily replied.

I snorted. "You wish."

In response, he ruffled my curls.

"Hey." I tugged at his disheveled hair.

"Watch it!"

"You started it!"

"Yeah, and I'll finish it."

I squealed as he poked my sides.

"Ticklish, are we?"

"No," I denied, grabbing a pile of fallen leaves next to me and throwing it at his face.

He laughed so hard that his shoulders shook. I smiled at him and found myself longing to stay for just a little longer, though I knew I had to leave.

"I have to go."

"What?" Antonio frowned, squinting at me as I got up. "You've only just gotten here."

"Well if I'm going to a party tonight, that means I've gotta finish my homework now," I shrugged apologetically.

"You're choosing homework over me?" He gave me a look of disbelief.

I stifled a chuckle. Anyone who knew me knew that school was always high on my list of priorities.

"How about I come back tomorrow?" I placed my hands into my pockets.

He looked pleasantly surprised at the suggestion. "Yeah, come after school."

"Alright, perfect," I rubbed my hands together for warmth. The weather was getting cold.

"I'll drive you back home."

He got up and began to lead us away from the spot. We walked in silence for a few minutes, until we finally made our way out of the woods.

"You don't have to drive me, I came here on my bicycle," I glanced up at him as I stepped over a branch.

"What, that?"

He pointed at my measly bike, which looked rather pathetic standing next to his gigantic motorcycle. I felt the urge to defend my choice of transportation.

"Hey, my bike is just as good as your's," I crossed my arms.

"That thing looks like it can't even fit you."

"You calling me fat?"

"Sure," he didn't care to deny.

"Hey!" I smacked his shoulder.

"Jeez, could you go five seconds without hitting me?"

"Could you go five seconds without being annoying?"

He gave me a look. "Would you just get on the motorcycle?"

"What about my bike?"

"We'll come back for it tomorrow," he said.

I wondered why he was being so insistent on taking me. Perhaps it was just a ploy to spend more time with me. Or maybe he wanted to crash the motorcycle and kill me.

The latter seemed more likely.

"Alright, fine," I eventually walked over to his motorcycle.

He smirked, and the adorable dimple on his right cheek took form. "Knew you'd give in."

"Shut up."

"Okay."

Antonio placed the helmet on for me, as he always did whenever I rode his motorcycle. I hopped on behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, silently appreciating the warmth of his body against mine. The drive was much shorter on his motorcycle compared to how long it took me to get there on my bike. I was rather grateful for that, considering the cold weather had slightly numbed my fingers. Of course, I wasn't going to admit this to him.

When we arrived at my place, I climbed off of his large vehicle and handed him the helmet.

"See you tonight," Antonio said, placing the helmet on his head.

"Tonight?" I repeated.

"The party."

"You're coming?"

"I am if you're going," he unabashedly said.

I gave him a look of incredulity. "And you say I can't stay away from you?"

He didn't bother denying my insinuation. "Later, Flower."

"Drive safe," I waved at him with an amused smile, before turning around and walking up the driveway.

I could feel his eyes follow after my figure until I was in the warm confines of my house. The roar of the motorcycle alerted me that he left. When I locked the door, I leaned behind it with a smile on my face.

"I should go do my homework," I softly muttered, attempting to distract myself from the boy that was quickly becoming a daily fix in my life.

• • •

hope u guys had a great mother's day yesterday! i got matching bracelets for me and my mom

hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. stay tuned for the next one👀

love, emmanuela<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 263 46
Killian had been away in California for two long years, but now he was back in his hometown of Nevada. His best friend Bree was about to start her...
8K 376 38
EVERY SUMMER, four families make their yearly exodus to the British seaside town of Briarville. For Livia Wong, the trip had been tradition ever sinc...
402K 18.6K 22
"I'd always liked my life. It was quiet, under control, and routine. Then he came along and showed me how much more there was, how much more I was." ...