A Ghoul, A Human and Two Hybr...

By ThyatiraKaupa

Fallen Angel, Shrimp SPINOFF!!! _______ This book is to spread awareness and encourage people to stay home an... More

A Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Chapter Four

790 43 8
By ThyatiraKaupa

"Death would be better." (D/N) whispered out lifelessly.

"Cold. So cold." (S/N) murmured, staring down at his bare hands wistfully. It felt weird sitting on the couch without holding his console. He was so used to it; it might as well have been anatomically attached to his skin tissue.

"How did they manage to be so melodramatic?" (Y/N) muttered out of the corner of her lips to Ayato, still smiling tightly at the two hopeless hybrids on the couch.

Ayato flipped the chess box, his eyes squinting as he read the instructions.

"I think they got that from you."

(Y/N) gasped dramatically. "Who? Me? No way, that's your department."

He placed the chess box down and gave her a pointed look.

"Okay whatever you win." She turned to (D/N) and (S/N). "Okay guys, the sooner we get this family time over and done with the sooner you two get your technology back so come on, let's all pick a family board game."

"More like a family bored game." (D/N) muttered, getting off the couch at a sluggish pace.

"What's that?" (Y/N) narrowed her eyes at (D/N).

"Nothing." (D/N) smiled sweetly.

This would be a long day, (Y/N) thought tiringly.

It took them a while to find a family board game. They finally decided on Monopoly, a game at least everyone was a bit familiar with.

They started off okay. (D/N) chose the metal boot as her character, (S/N) chose the stallion, Ayato chose the hat and (Y/N) chose spinner. She became the banker as well.

For the first ten minutes there was peace and occasional laughter and squeals of triumph when someone landed on a rich avenue.

(D/N) and (S/N) were even joking around when one of them landed on the others property. (D/N) would use an English accent and (S/N) would use a Russian accent as they exchanged money. (Y/N) smiled. All was well.

She watched Ayato grab the dice and toss, when he moved it to one of the last high tier streets he pumped his fist into the air and high fived (S/N), grinning widely. He had his hair tied back strands falling against the nape of his neck and over his twinkling orbs.

In all the years they spent watching each other grow up, she never in her wildest dreams thought she'd be sitting with him in the living room of their home playing a board game with their children.

He offered her the amount needed for the street, winking at her.

"Keep the change baby girl." He said in a slow sensual voice.

(D/N) giggled and face palmed while (S/N) cheered his dad on.

(Y/N) smirked slyly.

"I'm sorry sir but it's not in our policy to receive tips from low end clients so here's your change." She offered the change, giving him a playful look.

"Insert mic drop." (D/N) wiggled her eyebrows. (Y/N) grinned and high fived her daughter.

(S/N) laughed. "Dad, I'm pretty sure mom just carved you."

Ayato furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Carved?"

"Yeah it's when someone gives a savage response." (S/N) wiped the corner of his eyes, slowing his laughter down.

He turned to (Y/N) and she shrugged. "I'll get you back for that."

She chuckled. "I'd like to see you try."

While everyone was counting their cash and deciding which places to put up houses, (Y/N) went in and brought side snacks for the kids and coffee for her and Ayato. She had lived with ghouls so long that coffee had become a necessity.

(D/N) and (S/N) munched on their treats. Ayato leaned into (Y/N). She melted when she felt his lips gently kiss her shoulder blades for a second, and then he whispered in her ears.

"That bank/client scene could do for some kinky foreplay."

She choked on her coffee.

"Mom you okay?" (S/N) was the first to ask, by his mother side in an instant, rubbing her back. (S/N) was her baby boy and (D/N) was Ayato's princess.

(Y/N) mostly knew that Ayato cherished (D/N) more because her birth was the most complicated and ultimately the beginning of their lives together. She was closer to (S/N) for obvious reason, he was a mini-Ayato and was always concerned for her health.

"Yeah honey, all good. This drink is just, ahem, too strong."

Ayato smirked and she elbowed him. Hard.

He winced, gritting his teeth so as not to make a sound of pain. Although she was pretty maternal right now, her punches still hurt like hell, even for a Class SS ghoul.

"Should I go add more sugar?" (S/N) inquired, taking a taste. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when he sipped her coffee. "Actually this tastes exactly like how you always like it."

"I guess my taste buds are a bit off." She sweated awkwardly, smiling cutely, hoping the kids wouldn't catch on.

They continued their game, but for this half the game was much for slower and calculative. The fun and endless laughter from the first half of the game seemed to vanish into thin air, replaced with a foreboding sense that the seriousness of this game would destroy the main objective; family bonding.

And that was exactly what happened.

(S/N) almost went bankrupt so he had to sell most of his properties. He was getting more and more agitated by the second. Finally when (D/N) landed on his one of his leased properties he told her to pay up. And it just went downhill from there.

"That's ridiculous. You leased it to the bank so basically this is no man's land. Free parking or whatever." (D/N) glared at him.

"Well I'm trying to unlease it right now." (S/N) plopped the money at the centre of the board.

"No you can't just do that. You're only trying to un-lease it because I just landed there. And besides it's not even your turn."

"I was thinking of doing it but I was busy paying taxes, you should've waited for me to finish doing that first before you played." He snapped.

She leaned close, narrowing her eyes at her brother. "I don't have to wait for you to count 5 dollars like a toddler dummy. It was my turn so I played."

(Y/N) tried to interject. "Why don't we just calm down-"

"No!" They both yelled in unison.

(Y/N) tried to mask her hurt.

"Pay up." (S/N) said through gritted teeth.

"No. You can't make me, brat." She replied with just as much ferocity.

"(S/N). (D/N)." (Y/N) tried to get their attention.

"Oh yeah?" (S/N) snarled, his eyes morphing into the red and black of a ghoul.

The edges of her eyes prickled with red veins, her orbs a black and burning red.

"Why you little-"

Ayato grabbed the board and snapped it in half. The sound of the house pieces and chance cards slamming against each other echoed in the living room, silencing the two and grabbing their attention.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened at the suddenness.

"You two little ungrateful punks." He muttered lowly.

(D/N) and (S/N) lowered their heads immediately, their eyes returning to their human colour.

"What do you say?" He asked with his husky voice heavy with dominance.

"I'm sorry. Please accept my apology." They both said, their voices low.

"Go to your rooms and think about all the hard work your mother put into making this day possible. You may come out when you are both ready to apologize to one another."

They both sighed and bowed their heads before getting up and walking back to their rooms, heads lowered.

When they were finally gone (Y/N) sighed heavily and fell back, resting on the carpet with her eyes on the ceiling.

Ayato silently cleaned up the mess. He swept away the rubbish and washed the few dishes and cups they ate and drank with.

When he was done he came back into the living room and saw his wife still on the carpet, but this time her eyes were closed and she was curled up, sleeping on her arms. He couldn't help the smile on his face.

He grabbed the pillow on the couch and placed it under her head. The movement stirred her. Her eyes fluttered open and she saw Ayato sleeping across from her, staring up at the ceiling.

"Where do I keep going wrong?" She asked softly.

He turned to her. Her eyes were hazy; she was sleepy.

"You're perfect. They just need time. It's just their time to act up. I mean they are both teenagers."

"I mean we have given them the talk and all but-"

Ayato froze, looking guilty.

"Did you give (S/N) 'the talk'?" (Y/N) asked.

He chuckled sheepishly.

"Not yet. I mean I was planning to." He added on defensively.

She laughed. "Maybe that's why he's been so frustrated lately."

"I'll give him the talk when the time is right."

"And when is the right time?" (Y/N) gave him a pointed look.

"It's a guy thing, I'll just feel it." Ayato explained proudly.

(Y/N) chuckled. But her smile soon faded.

"I don't know, lately I've been feeling pretty incompetent."

Ayato pulled her close to him, letting her rest her head on his chest and played with strands of her hair.

Strands of his blue hair fell over his clear orbs.

"You're everything to me. Don't ever feel like your incompetent because you're more than enough...You're more than I deserve." He whispered the last part, almost to himself.

(Y/N) felt her tears well up as she snuggled against his chest, she'd never felt more loved in her whole life than now.

__

A/N: Savour these wholesome moments because I'm basically fattening ya'll for the slaughter. They're gonna go through some pretty huge arguments in the following chapters. Thank you for reading you beautiful soul😭❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 19.6K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
68.5K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
438K 11.4K 62
โspencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?โž โyou were more important.โž hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
150K 5.3K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...