β„‚π•’π•¦π•˜π•™π•₯ π•šπ•Ÿ π•₯𝕙𝕖 ℕ𝕖𝕠...

By AndiBlackbird

✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the out... More

✭ Summary ✭
1. New Beginnings - ✭ Monica ✭
2. Frat Parties - ✭ Monica ✭
3. What You Really Want - ✭ Boston ✭
4. Stupid Decisions - ✭ Monica ✭
5. The Unplanned Plan - ✭ Boston ✭
6. You Deserve Better - ✭ Monica ✭
7. Blowing Off Steam - ✭ Boston ✭
8. Along For The Ride - ✭ Monica ✭
9. If I Said I Am - ✭ Boston ✭
10. Elephant In The Room - ✭ Monica ✭
11. Dirty, Dirty Feelings - ✭ Boston ✭
12. Something Worthy - ✭ Monica ✭
13. What'd I Get Myself Into? - ✭ Boston ✭
14. You're So Beautiful - ✭ Monica ✭
15. New Experiences - ✭ Boston ✭
16. I'm Yours - ✭ Monica ✭
17. Much Much More - ✭ Boston ✭
18. All Of The Things - ✭ Monica ✭
19. Anything & Everything - ✭ Boston ✭
20. I Would, But - ✭ Monica ✭
21. Bat Caves n' Things - ✭ Boston ✭
22. Power Move - ✭ Monica ✭
23. One & Only - ✭ Boston ✭
24. A Small World - ✭ Monica ✭
25. Virginia Is For Lovers - ✭ Boston ✭
26. Flipped The Switch - ✭ Monica ✭
27. Dirty Chats - ✭ Boston ✭
28. Filthy Conversations - ✭ Monica ✭
29. Favor For Favor - ✭ Boston ✭
30. Games In The Air - ✭ Monica ✭
31. Arriving In Vegas - ✭ Boston ✭
32. Birthday Girl - ✭ Monica ✭
33. Off To The Chapel - ✭ Boston ✭
34. Fruity Drinks - ✭ Monica ✭
35. What It Looks Like - ✭ Boston ✭
36. The Irony - ✭ Monica ✭
37. Love Me Tender - ✭ Boston ✭
38. Expelling Realizations - ✭ Monica ✭
39. Nonexistent Futures - ✭ Boston ✭
40. Insomnia & Opportunities - ✭ Monica ✭
41. Well, Almost Anything - ✭ Boston ✭
42. Make Me Forget - ✭ Monica ✭
43. One Step At A Time - ✭ Boston ✭
44. The First Step - ✭ Monica ✭
45. Parameters - ✭ Boston ✭
46. Clean Break - ✭ Monica ✭
47. Cheers To Moving On - ✭ Boston ✭
48. Hotel Talks - ✭ Monica ✭
49. Here With Me - ✭ Boston ✭
50. Tinnitus - ✭ Monica ✭
51. Furiously In Love - ✭ Boston ✭
52. In A Pinch - ✭ Monica ✭
53. Behind Bars - ✭ Boston ✭
54. Family Genetics - ✭ Monica ✭
56. Familial Relations - ✭ Boston ✭
57. The Real Reason - ✭ Monica ✭
58. This Is How I Die - ✭ Boston ✭
59. Christening - ✭ Monica ✭
60. Life's Little Pleasures - ✭ Boston ✭
61. Grand Entrances - ✭ Monica ✭
62. One And The Same - ✭ Boston ✭
63. Every Single One - ✭ Monica ✭

55. The Apple & The Tree - ✭SETH✭

1.9K 165 140
By AndiBlackbird

A/N:
I've come to the realization that Seth feels the need to butt his way into nearly every book of this series.

I glare at the door in front of me, the one my daughter just slammed in my fucking face, debating whether or not I should knock it down. Her words pissed me off, not because they didn't hold any merit, because they undoubtedly did.

I loved my wife in times when most would think I shouldn't have, in times when it didn't make sense. I loved her even when she was married to another man. I loved her always; stupidly at some points, which was Monica's entire point.

It appears the apple didn't fall too far away from the fucking tree.

I think back to Malyssa telling me about Monica and Boston on the way here. I had not believed her at first, thinking she was trying to play some type of game with me but then she'd handed me the papers. A fucking marriage certificate with my daughter's name on it.

I lost my complete and utter shit.

My only daughter, my precious baby girl, married to some guy I've only met one fucking time. The same guy who broke her heart during the holidays. She'd told me they'd broken up, that she was going overseas to clear her head and study. Then there was that professor, the one that in photos appeared to be a little too close for comfort to her.

I'm a man, which means I know exactly what his hand on the small of her back in nearly every picture meant. It was protective, suggestive. He thought she was his and he was subtly letting people know that. I'd questioned Monica about him while they were over there and she didn't offer much so I minded my fucking business.

Little did I know she was married to Rhoen Rearick's son the entire time. The same son that came here with another woman, as Malyssa had also informed me. So that was awesome to find out. Not only is my daughter married, that her husband has been fucking another woman for nearly three months. She deserves better than that, better than someone who won't wait for her.

I think to her neck and the scratches there. She'd fought over him, for him. Monica doesn't fight anyone. She's the quintessential example on non-confrontational, guess this guy was the exception. She loves him.

I grit my jaw and place my hands on my hips, continuing my standoff with the door in front of me. I sense someone come up behind me. "Leave her be." Malyssa hands me a whiskey neat and I happily take it from her. "Give her some time. She's been through a lot in the last couple of days."

"That's the whole fucking point. If she wasn't with Rhoen's kid she wouldn't be in this predicament."

"Oh get your head out of your ass, Seth. It is what it is. Your daughter went off and got hitched to a guy that reminds her of her own damn father. There are worse things." She downs her drink in one go. "Like the fact that she may or may not have watched Luke put bullets in two people."

I round on here furiously, " what the fuck did you just say?"

"Well, it's why they switched rooms." I just assumed it was because Luke is accustomed to absurd lavishness and is rather particular, finicky really. "So, there's that." I slide a palm down my face in irritation. "Luke said she handled it... oh, how did he put it..." She taps her chin a few times. "Ah, that's right, 'rather smashingly' other than the fact she had a rather long vomiting session afterward." I glare over her shoulder at Luke who is currently refreshing his Bombay and tonic. "Don't look at him like that. He was just protecting your daughter."

"Yeah but you're telling me my daughter witnessed one of your husbands murder two people."

"That is exactly what I'm telling you." She shrugs like it's no big deal.

"Right, but this isn't an every day occurrence in her world. She didn't need to see that!"

"Calm your tits, Seth. From the sounds of it, she handled it fine enough. Luke shared with her a bit of our mutual past as well." I cock and eyebrow at that, curious as to what he would've told her. "He just shared that our families are privy to some rather unsavory things every now and again, not much else. He didn't get into specifics."

"Yeah, murder is pretty unsavory, Malyssa. She's probably fucking scared to death."

"As she should be." Her voice is deadly serious. "She married into a very well-known household, one that has a lot of targets on it's back now. I didn't know how deep Rhoen had gotten, especially considering I try to keep myself out of that life."

"We both know that's bullshit." She smirks which lets me know that her involvement in that lifestyle is still a current thing. "Were you keeping tabs on Rhoen?"

"Somewhat." She looks around uneasily. "Denver told Luke and I that Rhoen had some dealings with dangerous people. Rhoen thought he could handle it but I kept my eye on his business dealings after that. He spoke of his new girlfriend often and Den didn't think much of it. Rhoen has had many a girlfriend since he was with Amelia, which Denver is happy about since it means he's staying away from her. Well, we've just recently discovered that Rhoen's girlfriend was Lena Kramińska. She just happens to be the youngest sister to the head of the Kramińska crime syndicate."

"Jesus fucking Christ." I spear a hand through my hair. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Dad, I can handle myself!"

"Torey, this isn't up for fucking discussion! It's too dangerous!" Denver's loud voice boomed in the distance. "You're not coming with us, going anywhere with us regarding this!"

"He's my friend! I'm not going to..."

I ignore the rest of their argument instead ask, "why the hell is Torey here?"

Malyssa shrugs, "he's like his father and doesn't listen nor does he like to be left behind, it would seem. He overheard us talking about Boston and then managed to figure out where we were flying. He booked a oneway first class ticket, spoiled little shit." She laughs under her breath as she looks at the fighting pair. "He looks just like his father and Adri looks just like Luke when she has her natural hair. It's hardly fair considering I birthed the two of them."

"Torey definitely looks like a mix between you and Denver, I don't know what you're talking about. Adri though, she definitely looks like Luke."

"Spitting image, I swear, even has the same damn temperament." I can't help but let out a wry laugh. "It's going to be okay, Seth. We'll figure it."

There's another knock on the door that has us all looking at each other. "Who is that?" I aimed the question at Luke.

"Rhoen, I believe." I go to rush forward, ready to drag his ass inside and pummel him, when Mal puts a hand on my chest. "Malyssa, I'm going to fucking kill him. Move."

"You can't kill him. You're family now." That makes me feel like I was just punched in the gut. "He is your daughter's father-in-law and he's about to find that out."

"You haven't told him?"

"Nope." She gives me a cocky grin. "I figured you could be the one to deliver that particular message."

✩✩✩

"They what!?!?" Rhoen is pacing manically around the space. "I would've known. I would have— No. There's no way."

The only satisfaction I have gotten out of this entire marriage situation is his reaction. It's pretty comical.

"Monica, come out here." She doesn't so I say louder, "your father-in-law would like to have a conversation with you." That makes him pause and then stare at me like he's finally registering that this isn't a big fucking joke. "Monica!" I boomed one more time and she exits the bedroom looking a nervous wreck.

"Hey Rhoen. I mean, uhm, Mr. Rearick." She clasps her fingers in front of her and for the first time I see it— her wedding ring. I swear that hadn't been there earlier. Rhoen looks down at her hand, noticing the giant rock her son had bestowed unto my daughter.

He takes a step forward and asks, "may I?" She lifts her hand and he examines her ring. "Our family jeweler made this. I can tell. I can't believe Marco didn't tell me Boston had him make this." He shakes his head before letting go of her hand. "So it's true?" She nods and I'm surprised when he gives her a blinding smile. "I would've never thought my son one for settling down but he truly is infatuated with you."

"Yeah, he fucking better be. He married my fucking daughter." I chimed in which makes Denver snort. "Now what kind of shit have you gotten yourself and our children into?"

"Yeah, my son is about to blow a fucking gasket, Ro," Denver adds.

"Torey?" His brow furrows as he looks over to him.

"Yeah, Torey. He's not here just because. He followed us here to avenge his friend or whatever. Now I want to know why you're fucking around with Polish crime broads and making shady deals. Because not only are you putting yourself, one of my friends, at risk. You have put our families at risk." When Rhoen's brow furrows he reiterates. "Your son married her," he points to Monica. "She is his daughter." He points to me. "He is my wife's cousin and said cousin also happens to be the step-father of my daughter's husband. You're dragging way too many people I care about through the fucking shit of it and I want to know if the pussy was worth it or not."

"Jesus Christ, Denver, watch your mouth in front of her." Rhoen gestures to Monica.

"I've heard worse," she admitted with a shrug. "Was whatever it was worth it?" She surprised me even more by squaring up to Rhoen. "Was whatever it was worth more than your son's life?" She's angry, pissed even, because you don't fuck with the people we love.

She's definitely my kid.

"Nothing is worth putting my family in danger."

"Then what the fuck were you thinking aligning yourself with crime organizations, Ro?" His attention goes from my enraged daughter back to Denver.

"It was just some manufacturing at first. Just some parts to ship overseas and that was it. When I didn't extend the contract Krzysztof got pissed." He paces the room. "Then I met Lena. She convinced me to renew the deal, to extend the contract. She's a pistol if there ever was one. I don't know. I guess I fell pretty hard because of it. She fell pretty hard too.

"When things eventually went south with her brother and our deal, things went south with us. She said that I was in the family now, I can't just back out. She was angry, promised retribution when I told her I wasn't going to continue letting them use my planes. I think they were transporting illegal goods. I didn't ask.

"That was two months ago now. I haven't heard anything from her since. I figured it was an empty threat but she must've told her brother about our relationship. I can only imagine how well that went over when she did." He lets out a heavy sigh as he pours himself a glass of Bombay. "I fucked up and now I've put us all in a rather shit situation."

"A rather shit situation?" Monica sounds livid. "Your son has a heart condition! They fought him and drugged him! They drugged me! A shit situation? Oh I'll give you a shit fucking situation!" She lunges toward Rhoen but I stop her.

"Monica, calm down." I said the words low, for her ears only. "It's not worth it. He's not the enemy here." I drag her back into the bedroom. Once I can feel the tension leave her body I let her go. "I know you want to be angry at him but it will do you no good. He's your family now, whether you like it or not."

"Boston is in danger because of him! He— he's..." She breaks down, sobbing uncontrollably into her hands. "Dad, I don't know what I'll do if something happens to him. I love him so much."

I wrap her in my arms, pulling her into me. "We won't let that happen, Monica. He'll be okay. I'll make sure of it."

"You promise?" She clings to me for dear life, like my answer depends on it.

"I promise." It's a promise that I don't know if I can keep but everything in my body intends to. "We'll bring him home."

And just like that, I gained another son.

A/N:
Happy Tuesday!
How'd we all like hearing from Seth?
Thoughts on Monica's reactions?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
2.8K 1.2K 23
⭐ #1 in high school love story.⭐ ⭐COMPLETED⭐ 'Why are things getting against me?' 'Why am I with him every time I am in an embarrassing situation?' ...
2.1M 56.3K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...
54.3K 829 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...