𝗖𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 || WMM...

By SocietyMenace

"I've accepted I was not to be loved in the first place. There was no happy ending for me from the very begin... More

[ . . . ] Character Analysis
[Chapter I : Crown Prince]
[ Chapter II : Her Brother ]
[ Chapter IV : Jealousy ]
[ Chapter V: Different ]
[ Chapter VI : Corruption ]
[ Chapter VII : Savior ]
[ Chapter VIII : Welcome Back ]
[ Chapter IX: Comfort ]

[ Chapter III : Sting ]

14.5K 860 896
By SocietyMenace

Third Point of View

Athanasia who hid under the blanket at night time, looked over the paper she wrote on as she went over Plan B and Plan C. Winning Claude's favor by being cute!

"He didn't seem to be mad when I act all cutesy around him... Hopefully I caught his interest." She whispered to herself, not wanting to make a lot of noise in case Lily comes and checks up on her.

The blonde princess circled Plan B, and looked at a scribble she did of Claude on the piece of paper before her blue jeweled eyes trailed on over to the scribble she did of that boy, Atanas.

Apparently she had a brother in this world... she didn't remember reading about him in the novel in her previous life- so it gave her a shock when she saw a boy with pale blond hair and blue jeweled eyes, the sign of the royal family, standing next to Claude today.

'Well he didn't seem to like me... I don't know if I should try to win his favor too! Hmm... he's still a kid so I can't blame him for anything. If anything it's probably that Claude's fault! I mean sending him to the battle field when he's nine?! MANIAC!' Athanasia thought to herself, chewing on her blanket out of frustration.

She settled on it- try to win both Claude's and Atanas's love! For her survival!!!

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Atanas walked down the corridor of his father's palace, finishing training with Felix as his hands trembled from the overuse of wielding a large sword with his small body. He asked the redhead to increase the difficulty in his training, though Felix disagreed he wasn't able to disobey an order from the Crown Prince.

Looking down at his scarred hands, he closed them into a fist, 'I need to get stronger, to stay by his side.'

The boy looked pale as he walked, obviously tired and drained. Perhaps he should've gone the other way around- because in front of him was his half sister and a maid with brown hair, both hugging each other in the middle of his way.

His mood immediately soured at the sight of the young girl.

If he remembered correctly, he heard from Felix that his father called the Princess for an audience earlier. She must've just finished meeting with him. Scoffing he continued walking, and ignored the two.

Lily who noticed his presence as he walked by stood up quickly, and bowed. "Blessings and Glory to the future sun of the Obelian Empire." Athanasia stood behind her, hiding behind her skirt.

Atanas glanced at the maid and waved her off with a simple nod. When his narrowed jeweled eyes met his little sister's large ones, he frowned, before walking off once more.

"Big brother?" A trembly voice called out cutely, innocence laced in the tone of it.

It caused the Prince to pause his walking as he felt something strike inside of him. An icky feeling at the title he was just called made him slowly turn around to face her.

Lily protectively pushed Athanasia behind her once she noticed the killing gaze in his eyes.

His half sister trembled but continued to smile, 'BROWNIE POINTS FOR PLAN C BROWNIE POINTS FOR PLAN C!' She repeated in her head to keep the smile on.

Atanas huffed and faced forward, continuing to walk, not bothering to answer her call.

'AGH THIS KID HAS NO MANNERS AT ALL!' Athanasia puffed her cheeks and balled her hands at her failed effort of trying to win some affection points from the boy.

Maybe she should just aim for Claude instead of her half brother.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"I think she got fatter." Atanas flatly commented, no shame at all.

Athanasia had to hold back the urge to whack the boy on the head for saying that.

Of course she couldn't do that since, one, he was the crown prince, and two, he could slice her hand off if he wanted. Or her head- either or. She was especially wary of Atanas since he was never spoken of in the novel. So she doesn't know how to act around him, or how dangerous he is.

Felix cleared his throat, "Your Highness... it's good to not mention a lady's weight."

The princess had an irk mark on her head, but only kept smiling, 'YEAH PRICK! How dare you mention a lady's weight! I'm cute, cute!'

Atanas looked over at Felix with a dead gaze, "But it's the truth."

Felix sweat-dropped at the way he was so casual about it.

Claude on the other hand, stared at her while holding his chin in thought,

"Atanas is right. I think you got a bit chubbier since I last saw you." He commented.

Athanasia only grinned up at the two males, sparkles around her, "Hehehe, you look pretty too, Papa and Big Brother!"

Felix and Lily looked at the interaction of the family with a nervous look, Lily looking like she was about to faint.

"..."

"..."

The two didn't respond and only looked down at her. Though Atanas wasn't that taller than the five year old, he still looked down at her with disgust, while Claude had no expression at all with the reply.

So far Athanasia met up with Claude and Atanas two more times, one of the times Atanas refused to spend time with her so it was just Claude and her.

That darn kid...! She needed him there for it to be neutral!

Athanasia peeked up at the two with her heart pounding, still scared of the both of them that she could faint on the spot.

BADUM.

BADUM.

BADUM.

Claude looked down at her for a second longer before turning around.

"Follow me."

Athanasia, Felix and Lily let out sighs of relief.

"I was on my way to the lake. Get ready and join me." Claude commented before craning his neck to look at Atanas who still glared down at Athanasia, standing in front of her and not moving from his spot, unlike Claude.

"You too Atanas."

Lily glanced between the two royal children with worry on her face and she swallowed,

"Your majesty, I worry the princess being around water is..." She trailed off, hesitantly.

"What's there to worry about when she's with me?" Claude replied.

Athanasia screamed in her head, smile still present on her face, 'YOU! YOU AND YOUR SON ARE THE PROBLEM HERE!'

Lily tried to reply with another excuse, "B-But..." until she felt a tug on her dress making her look at Athanasia who shook her head, her face saying 'don't fight him Lily!'

She got shivers from the thought of riding in the boat with both Claude and Atanas. Well... hopefully her brother won't try to push her into the boat and call it an accident... Claude on the other hand- he would probably- 100%, do that.

Claude turned his body a little to look at Athanasia, "Don't you want to join me?"

She grinned with a happy expression on her face, the sparkles coming back into play, "Yep! Athy wants to go with Papa and Big Brother too!"

Claude blankly replied, "Really?"

Athy cried on the inside. Atanas watched the interaction with a scowl on his face.

He watched as his father picked up Athy, carrying her and placing her onto the boat, the princess holding her breath as it all happened until he put her down on the seat.

Atanas's eyes lowered into a half lidded gaze at the sight. Has Claude ever done that for him? He doesn't know, or remember, but he doubted that he ever did. The blond emperor took a seat once Athanasia was seated and his eyes dragged over to his son.

"Well?" He arched a brow at the younger boy.

Atanas who felt soured at the treatment Claude gave to his half sister, was about to say something but bit his tongue. Whatever- he wasn't some 5 year old girl like Athanasia- he could get in himseslf.

However when he moved to get into the boat, a hand was held out to him and he blinked once, then twice before following the hand in front of him to the face of the owner of it.

His jeweled eyes met the eyes of Felix's dark ones, his lips pulled into a smile, "Your highness allow me to aid you."

Atanas bunched his shoulders up before nodding, muttering a small, 'thank you', under his breath as he placed his hand in Felix's larger one, his fingers wrapping around the Prince's hand and helping him into the boat.

Claude's usual narrowed eyes followed along as he watched his son get into the boat.

Athanasia blinked a few times. 'Ahh this kid can be a little cute then!' She noted the small tint of embarrassment on his cheeks.

Atanas however, didn't know where the hell he was supposed to sit. Next to Claude...? Or that annoying pest, Athanasia?

Not having time to think of it since he didn't want to waste time, he walked over and sat next to Claude, who had his arm laid across the back of the seat, and Atanas had to sit straight, not leaning against the back of the seat so his back didn't touch Claude's arm.

Sparing the pale blond haired boy a glance, Claude made a lazy motion with his hand as the boat started to move. Athanasia's eyes glimmered as the boat moved without any water pressure or anyone rowing it.

'Woah... what a ride. How is it moving though? No one is rowing it...?' She thought, amazed.

"What are you thinking about?" Claude questioned, noticing her expression on her face.

'Oops.'

She pondered on what to reply with- the weather? The lake is pretty?

"Your hair is sparkly and pretty, Papa!" She complimented, and Atanas stiffened at the comment. Self consciously, his hand fiddled with his pale locks of blond hair. It was nowhere near as pigmented or pretty as his Father's. Hell- even Athanasia's hair was a golden shade.

His hand dropped to his lap as he looked away, gazing into the lake.

Athanasia who noticed this felt a tad bit guilty. 'Shoot. Is the kid's feelings hurt? I'm sorry brother- WAIT you were mean to me earlier! Hmm... gah I still feel bad...!'

"I like sparkly things! Hehehe." She giggled. Well... his hair is pretty. Like gold. Heh.

Claude smirked at her causing her to flinch.

Hic.

"That reminds me, you had a jewel pouch with you that day." Claude started, "I kept your treasures safe and sound. Why don't you come and retrieve them yourself next time?"

Athanasia couldn't say anything to that and glowered.

Claude glanced down at Atanas who remained quiet ever since coming onto the boat. Moving his arm to lightly bump the back of his head, he gained his attention, "Atanas, why are you so quiet."

The boy met Claude's eyes for a second before tearing away and glancing behind him at Claude's arm that was very close to resting on his shoulders if he moved it. He looked down and replied, "Nothing, father."

Athanasia looked at the two, taking in the sight of the both of them. 'Now that I think about it... His hair is more lighter than both Claude's and I. It's pretty pale actually. But looking at them side by side...'

The two continued to talk to each other, quietly, Atanas saying something before they both stopped talking, and looked back at the lake passing by them.

'They look too handsome! Claude is wearing some type of clothing... where is it from? Greece? It looks good on him. Atanas also looks good despite his simple clothing too.'

Noticing the stare of someone on him, Atanas looked away from the lake to meet Athanasia's eyes who's posture stiffened at the sudden eye contact before grinning at him, cutely.

However when she was expecting some snap from him, he didn't say anything and only stared at her. She shifted, awkward at the eye contact. His eyes... huh. She looked back at Claude who spaced out, staring at the lake.

She sweat-dropped, 'Like father like son, the saying goes.'

Studying the jeweled eyes she thought to herself, 'Do I have the same eyes as him?'

Tearing her gaze away, she looked down at the lake once she noticed something from the corner of her eye, and saw something that resembled a blue lotus.

'Huh? Is that a Blue Lotus? Ah! No, it's not.'

Atanas glanced at his half sister who gazed at the flower and watched silently, with Claude who only observed her.

'I want one.'

Grabbing the side of the boat and leaning over, reaching her hand towards the flower, she tried to stretch to be able to grasp it.

A little more... Just a little more.

Her eyes were glazed over with something and Atanas narrowed his eyes.

She reached more-

SPLASH!

Atanas watched as the young princess fell into the lake, bubbles popping up from the surface, signaling Athanasia who was drowning under the lake's water. She popped back up to the surface and took a gasp of air,

"Puha! Ah!"

She felt something wrap around her leg as she felt water entering her mouth once more. Her jeweled eyes widened as fear and panic showed on her face. "H-Help...!"

"Hel....!"

Her eyes looked up to meet the cold gaze of Claude who stared at her with boredom, simply watching her splash around to not drown. Her eyes widened as she grasped for the boat, splashing as she struggled to stay above surface.

She felt the tug around her leg again, as she came to the realization,

'He wont save me.'

That man. He won't save me.

Feeling herself about to be dragged back under water, she turned to look at the young crown prince who blinked at the sight in front of him, tilting his head.

"Big Brother! Pl...Kegh... Save me! Help...!" She struggled to talk as water entered her mouth before she was pulled below surface level once more.

Atanas glanced over at Claude who boredly looked away, chin in hand.

The boy shifted slowly, and he felt a grasp on his wrist, "Leave her." He commanded.

Atanas glanced down at the hand wrapped around his wrist and he hesitated. His heart picked up at the choice, and order Claude gave him. If he stayed he would get praised by Claude and he would be happy— if he disobeyed...

He clenched his jaw and looked down at the water before taking his hand away from the warm grasp of his Majesty who narrowed his eyes as he pulled away.

Instead, he turned to the lake and hesitated for a moment, before diving into the lake.

The last thing he saw above the water, was Claude's eyes that looked both disappointed, angry, and a little surprised.

Well- he would be surprised as well.

Why should he save her? How could he disobey Claude. He loved him- admired him yet here he is pulling out his half sister who he barely knows, out of the damned lake she so stupidly fell into.

Perhaps because Atanas was also in this similar situation where he almost drowned, he felt a small bit of sympathy to save her.

He was in her position before where his father once stared at him with a cold gaze as he was on the brink of death, not willing to save him until the very last second. That was the time before he gained his father's praise and a little bit of trust.

Back when Claude wanted him dead.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Puhaa!" The sound of water splashing on the ground, coughing, and wheezing of Athanasia fueled his ears as Atanas threw her on the ground. His hair dripped wet as droplets fell off his pale hair, and eyelashes.

His eyes looked down at his half sister who struggled to gasp for air and get the water out of his lungs.

"Kegh! Kegh!"

Lily immediately rushed to her side, "Oh my word, Princess!!!"

She fell to her knees and held the young girl's shoulders, "Princess, are you alright?!"

Claude who stepped off the boat walked to them before stopping by Atanas,

"Felix."

The redhead who looked panicked and worried at the situation answered, "Yes, your majesty?"

Claude looked at Athanasia who had tears in her eyes, "Teach Athanasia how to swim. It would be a shame if an emperor's daughter drowned to death in a mere lake." He emotionalessly commanded.

Claude turned to Atanas,

SLAP.

The sound echoed as everyone stared in shock, Atanas's head whipped to the side as his cheek stung red, like pins and needles pricking at his skin as his eyes widened at the sudden strike.

His hand came up slowly and touched his aching cheek.

Felix's eyes widened,

"Y-Your Highness...!"

Claude's icy glared narrowed down at the Crown Prince who's eyes stayed wide, mouth slightly parted before closing into a tight line. He spoke coldly to him,

"I gave you an order and you disobeyed it. Do not swear oath if you cannot obey your Master's orders." With that he turned away from the scene and walked off, the two maids following him.

Felix who was about to go to the Prince's side was stopped, "Felix. With me." Claude commanded.

"But your majesty-!"

"Are you disobeying me?"

Felix shut his mouth and took one last look at the crown prince, who stood dripping wet with a stinging cheek of his majesty's hit. "...No, your Majesty." With that Claude and Felix walked off, leaving the three behind them.

Atanas who stood there, silent, as his half sister coughed and gasped, tried to process what happened.

"It's okay now, Princess." Lily reassured her, hands moving her hair away from her face as she struggled to breath right.

The maid looked from the princess to the Crown Prince,

"Y-Your Highness." She shakily called out, fear laced in her voice. "Thank you for saving the princess." She expressed her gratitude despite the fear of the young royal who stood still, eyes wide, as he didn't react to her.

Athanasia who was pulled to Lily's chest shakily breathed out, "B-Big B-Brother..."

At that voice, his head slowly looked to the Princess, their eyes meeting, "Thank y-you. Thank you big brother..." She wheezed out.

Atanas, narrowed his eyes at her, bloodlust in his eyes before snapping his head to the side, teeth gritting harshly against one another as he walked away.

Athanasia froze and felt her heart stop at the look he gave her.

He looked like he wanted to kill her.

Atanas felt a storm of emotions pass through him like a hurricane, throwing every single thought and emotion in itself and spiraling into a mess.

He should've just let her drown...! He should've obeyed Claude. He hates him now- he's angry with him now- Claude won't love him this way! Claude hates him now- he struck him... He hit him-

HIS MAJESTY HATES HIM.

The crown prince walked back to the sapphire palace, dripping wet with his cheek stinging that day. Rather the hit hurting, he was hurt over the fact he disobeyed Claude. The look in his jeweled eyes as he glared down at Atanas with dissapointment.

How will he love him now? Claude won't love him.

He needs his affection. He craved it. He needs it to live with himself.

Without Claude, Atanas is nothing.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Author's Notes: I had this one typed out along with chapter 2 so I thought that I might as well post it! Thank you all for reading my story, since it's kinda my first one I'm happy you all seem to enjoy it? Hopefully hahaha.

I also want to remind you, just in case you missed it, to read the description and mind the warnings! I don't want you all to be disappointed if you are not comfortable with the warnings. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531K 16.1K 40
In Lovely Princess what if Claude let Athanasia prove her innocence? If she were to survive what would happen? How would the story change? Will Athan...
6.5K 340 8
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tìrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...
72.3K 2.7K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...
6.2K 190 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...