Fragrance of Indignation

By Happeesh

Happy with the way his life was, until he got dragged away. Dragged into a world of constant coldness. A worl... More

Introduction
{I} • The Uninvited Guest
{II} • A New Home
{III} • Shopping and Arguments
{IV} • The Phone
{V} • The Secret Plan
{VI} • Revenge
{VII} • Detention
{VIII} • Downtown Plans
{IX} • Memories
{X} • Blackmail
{XI} • A New Friend
{XII} • The Kiss
{XIII} • Suspicious
{XIV} • Anniversary
{XV} • Christmas Tree
{XVI} • Sleepover Party
{XVII} • Horror
{XVIII} • Assassin
{XIX} • Plan Alpha
{XX} • Vengeance {18+!}
{XXI} • 31st of December
{XXII} • Making Dumplings {18+}
{XXIII} • Gum Scraping
{XXIV} • The Chasing
{XXV} • Stalking
{XXVI} • School Trip
{XXVII} • Sick
{XXVIII} • Mission
{XXIX} • Mission 2.0
{XXX} • Mission 3.0
{XXXI} • Mission 4.0
{XXXII} • Bad News
{XXXIII} • Funeral
{XXXIV} • Affectionless
{XXXV} • The Show
{XXXVI} • Heartbreak
{XXXVII} • Returning Home
{XXXVIII} • Training
{XXXIX} • Payback to J.H
{XL} • Unexpected Guest
{XLI} • Jimin's Confession
{XLII} • Secret Rave
{XLIII} • Shot
{XLIV} • EPDM
{XLV} • USB
{XLVI} • Sweater
{XLVII} • Plan A or B?
{XLVIII} • Sword fight
{XLIX} • Cause of the Phone Call
{L} • Lies for protection
{LII} • "Stay with me"
{Author's Note}
{Fragrance of Truth}

{LI} • 110716

166 10 17
By Happeesh

"What reasons?" I asked. I saw Jungkook hesitating wether he should tell me or not. "Jungkook? What reasons?"I ask again. Jungkook sighed and shook his head.

"What reasons?!" I ask without patience and louder this time. Jungkook looked at me for a few seconds. He sighed again. "I received a call from Hangseon the other morning." Jungkook said while taking his phone out.

Realisation hit me. "So... That wasn't Namjoon you talked about on the phone?" I ask. Jungkook shook his head. I huffed. Jungkook led me to the couch by my wrist and let me sit while he played the recording.

I massaged my forehead throughout the whole recording. It was a threat. A threat towards me and Jungkook.

"Taehyung, I called upon an urgent team meeting and we found out that '110716' the end of this school year is. I was so afraid, Tae. We thought this was a threat towards you and we started to keep an eye on you.

The team agreed to protect you, but in that progress, we lost eyes on one person next to us." Jungkook said. "Jimin..." I gasped. I stood up. "What the hell happened to him?! If he's dead, Jungkook, I swear I will never forgive you!" I yell while taking Jungkook's collar.

"Tae, calm down. Jimin is wounded and at home. He's recovering." Jungkook said. I let Jungkook go and started breathing deeply in and out. I take Jungkook's wrist and pull him up. "I need to go see Jimin!" I say while pulling him with me out of the house.

Jungkook didn't even resist anymore now that I knew. Jungkook started the engine and drove to Jimin's house. "I can't believe you didn't tell me!" I scoffed.

"Taehyung, I-.." Jungkook started, but I interrupted him. "Save it!" I say while turning my head to look out of the window.

Jungkook parked in front of Jimin's house. I immediately got out of the car and walked up to his door. I rang the doorbell.

"Tae, you might-..." Jungkook started, but I interrupted him again. "Don't you dare tell me what to do!" I growl. "Okay, I'm done with you being so manipulative to me!" Jungkook said.

I bet my eyes spit fire, because Yoongi quickly stepped in between us. "Woah, guys... what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm here to see Jimin." I say. Yoongi didn't bother to tell me otherwise and let me enter the house. I immediately scanned the place for my best friend. "Upstairs." Yoongi said. I ran up the stairs.

I opened Jimin's room door. Jimin was sleeping. I went inside of the room and walked to the silhouette. "Jimin?" I ask while gently shaking his shoulder.

Jimin breathed in and looked up. "Taehyung?" He asked. My heart dropped but I smiled. His voice was so weak that I believe if he would cough, he would lose his voice. "Yeah, it's me. What happened to you?" I ask while turning on the lamp on his nightstand. Jimin painfully shut his eyes.

My eyes widened by the sight of his bruises and wounds. "So you found out I wasn't sick at all?" Jimin asked while grinning. "Yeah." I admitted.

"What are you doing here? How late is it?" Jimin asked. I looked at my phone. "9 p.m." I answer. "Did you eat? Do you want something?" Jimin asked while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

I shook my head. "I only came here to see how you were doing. Poor you." I said. "Aish!" Jimin said a bit too loud and quickly covered his throat with his hand.

"Me? Poor? Nonsense. In fact, I'm going to eat now." Jimin said while throwing the blanket off of him.

Jimin walked perfectly fine, but held his head with his hands. "Are you okay?" I quickly ask. Jimin nodded. "Just a headache." He said. Jimin walked downstairs with me next to him, carefully watching him and making sure he wouldn't trip and fall off the stairs.

We successfully made it to the kitchen, where Jungkook and Yoongi were talking softly and drinking coffee. Honestly, Yoongi and Jungkook drink too much coffee.

"Hey, how are you?" Yoongi asked to Jimin. "I'm fine." Jimin said and took the plate with dinner of the kitchen counter that, I believe, Yoongi left there for him. He took some chopsticks and sat down next to Jungkook behind the kitchen island.

It was silent and we all watched Jimin take his first bite. He frowned in pain and hung his head low. "Jimin, what's wrong?" I ask worriedly. "It hurts when I swallow." Jimin said poorly while carefully massaged his throat. Jungkook patted him on his back.

I venomously gazed at Jungkook. When Jungkook saw my gaze, he immediately shot one back. "Guys, we can't hear you. We don't share your telepathic minds." Yoongi said not even looking up from his coffee. Jungkook sighed. "Taehyung, please stop. I've taken you to Jimin now, didn't I?" Jungkook said.

"What if I didn't find out, would you still take me?" I ask defiantly. "No and I don't regret not telling you. The least thing you need is stress." Jungkook said. I huffed. "You're unbelievable." I say while shaking my head.

"Taehyung, if you're going to be mad at Jungkook, you'll have to be mad at Jimin and me too." Yoongi said. I looked at him. "Why?" I asked. "We agreed with Jungkook on not telling you, Tae." Jimin said.

I most definitely didn't want to be mad at Jimin, not now that he was hurt and needed someone to comfort him. I looked at Yoongi and then at Jimin. Maybe he didn't need me to comfort him. Maybe he already had someone...

I sighed. "Fine. You guys are seriously mean." I say. We continued watching Jimin painfully eat. We stayed for another hour. I got offered coffee by Yoongi, but I refused.

Ugh, coffee. How can someone like that bitter taste?!

Jungkook's P.O.V:

"Tae, you might-..." I started when Taehyung rung the doorbell. "Don't you dare tell me what to do!" Taehyung growled, interrupting me. "Okay, I'm done with you being so manipulative to me!" I said a bit angry.

Taehyung's eyes spit fire. Yoongi quickly stepped in between us. "Woah, guys... what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm here to see Jimin." Taehyung said firmly. Yoongi didn't bother to tell him otherwise and let him enter the house. I saw Taehyung immediately scanning the place for Jimin. "Upstairs." Yoongi said. He ran up the stairs and disappeared from my sight.

I sighed as Yoongi pulled me into the house by my shoulder. "It's getting cold inside." He mumbled. I followed Yoongi to the kitchen where he was busy cooking. He had a plate full of veggies and some chicken prepared.

He was in the process of draining the water from the pot of rice. "I'm sorry to interrupt during dinner." I say. "It okay, I already ate. This is for Jimin. He was sleeping upstairs, taking his rest." Yoongi said while putting the rice on a plate with a spoon.

"So... you and Jimin, huh?" I ask, rising my eyebrows twice. "So... Taehyung found out, huh?" Yoongi asked in return. I chuckled. "Yeah. He did." I say and look up expectantly at Yoongi. "Yes, Jimin and I..." He started and put some cling film over the plate with food, preventing it from running cold.

"I just... totally freaked out when I saw him that beaten up." Yoongi said. I smiled.

That was absolutely adorable!

~~~

Taehyung and I left the house after we had told everything to Taehyung. Taehyung might have sort of forgiven me in that kitchen, but it didn't feel like it. I tried to be nice. He probably felt betrayed.

We entered the house and yet, Taehyung hadn't spoken a single word. "Do you want to watch the Notebook?" I ask. Taehyung turned around at once and almost scared me. He used his pointer finger to poke into my chest as he said: "I'm still mad at you!"

"Why? Didn't you forgive me?" I asked. "No, not even the slightest! What did you do to Jimin?!" He asked furiously. "What do you mean? I didn't do anything! We just told you what happened." I said.

"Sungho told me you did something to Jimin. He refused to tell me, so for the record, what did you do to him?!" Taehyung asked again. I honestly felt a pang through my heart. "You trust that punk from school more than you trust me?!" I yelled.

"Well, at least he doesn't keep secrets like these! At least he has the guts to tell me!" Taehyung yelled back. "So you're telling me I'm weak?!" I ask madly.

"Maybe I am!"

"That's it! I'm done with your attitude!" I hiss. "I'm done with yours!" Taehyung hissed back. "Taehyung stop talking back!" I say.

"Or what?!"

"Or I'll add two more weeks to your house arrest!" I threatened.

"You sound just like my dad!" Taehyung yelled.

"You don't have a dad!" I shouted at him without thinking twice. Taehyung immediately slapped me on my cheek.

"Don't you ever say that to me again!" Taehyung said. I saw the tears glitter in his eyes, but they didn't yet fall. "I'm done with you!" Taehyung mumbled and made his way to the door.

I followed him and took his wrist before he left the house. "Taehyung, I'm sorry, don't go. It's not safe." I say. Taehyung snatched his hand away and left the house. I started following him. "Taehyung, don't! Please!" I begged.

Who knew Taehyung could run that fast!?

Taehyung ignored me and ran, the distance between us becoming longer and longer, until I only saw the white highlights of his shoes and his hair bouncing up and down. I ran faster. It made my legs burn, but it was all worth it.

It didn't matter. It didn't matter how hard I ran, the gap was still too big. Taehyung ran through the streets into a park.

Not a park!

I panted like crazy. My throat started hurting from the amount of cold air I was rapidly breathing in. "Taehyung, stop! Please!" I yelled. He didn't stop.

It was all my fault. I should've told Taehyung. I should've listened to Hoseok and Jimin. I should've told him! If I had, I wouldn't be running in the dark, following him.

"Taehyung, where are you?!" I yelled after I lost sight on him. I panicked and looked around. I heard someone grunt. "Taehyung!?" I shouted, hoping for an answer, but it remained silent.

I tried tracking down where the grunt came from and found Taehyung being held against the ground by four men. Three were holding him forcefully, while the fourth held a knife.

"Hey!" I say and walked forward. The guys didn't even look up. I heard a twig snatch behind me and I immediately turned around.

Before I could even blink, I got kicked in my ankles, making me fall on the ground. There were four more guys that held me against the ground. I resisted and tried getting out of their grip, but I couldn't.

The fourth guy that had a knife, started walking towards Taehyung.

"Wait, stop!" I yelled. Fear overtook Taehyung's eyes as he shook his head softly. The guy didn't waste another second and stabbed Taehyung in his stomach.

Taehyung's P.O.V:

I was scared. Scared as hell, when the man walked up to me. He stabbed me without any hesitation in my stomach. I gasped while the tears that had already filled my eyes started falling. The three men holding me, released my arms.

"No! Let me go! I'll kill you!" Jungkook yelled hysterically to the men. The men released Jungkook, who immediately ran up to me.

I fell on my knees into the grass and groaned painfully. I closed my hands around the knife. "No! Don't take it out." Jungkook said. He had dropped himself on his knees and held pressure on the area around the knife.

I heard the men calling someone on the phone. "Jungkook, I'm sorry." I sobbed. Jungkook pat my head. "Shh, it's okay. It's okay, Tae. We'll get you to Hoseok and he'll treat you. You're going to be fine." Jungkook said.

He stood up and tried to pull me up. My legs gave out and I dropped back to the ground. I hissed out of pain. Jungkook sat down on his knees again.

I saw tears filling his eyes. "Kook, I don't want to die." I say frightened with a lump in my throat. "You're not, Tae. I promise. You are going to make it." Jungkook assured and dried my tears. His hands were bloody and only spread my blood on my cheeks.

I didn't mind. I grunted of pain. Jungkook hugged me while muttering reassuring words. I couldn't hear anything he said. I started panting. I realised I was dying. If we didn't do something now, I would die.

How could we do something? I couldn't walk. The men were still around.

"Let's try again." Jungkook said and pulled me on my feet. This time, when I fell, Jungkook caught me. I shook my head. "I- I can't-t." I cried while holding myself on Jungkook's shoulders.

Jungkook pulled me up and carried me through the park. I felt myself becoming vague. I couldn't hear as good as before and I became tired. I had swung my arms around Jungkook's neck and I put my head in between Jungkook's neck and shoulder.

"Stay with me, Tae." Jungkook mumbled.

I heard a car and Jungkook mumbling some curse words. I didn't knew which ones. Jungkook turned around and started walking the other way.

I heard someone yelling something in the far distance. Jungkook looked back, but it caused him to trip and fall. I rolled on the grass, hissing in pain. Jungkook entered my sight again and put my head on his knees.

I heard him sob as his tears fell on my nose. "I'm sorry." He cried. His cries made me cry. Jungkook pet my hair soothingly. I didn't want to die. I wanted to stay. I had so many wishes yet to fulfil.

I wanted to graduate high school. I wanted to do some funny senior pranks with Jimin on the last day of school.

I wanted to celebrate my graduation with the team and go out for dinner with them all. I wanted to do games with them that night and have Jimin over for a sleepover party.

Gosh, I didn't even know what was going on between Jimin and Yoongi. I wanted to hear all the tea Jimin would tell me about Yoongi and how much he loved him.

I didn't want to die. I wanted to live. I wanted to make more happy memories with Jungkook. I wanted to marry him. I wanted to marry Jungkook and go on a honeymoon to god knows where! I wanted to feel alive and free.

I wanted to maybe adopt children. I wanted three of them, maybe five. I wanted a daughter and two sons or a daughter and four sons. I wanted to be that cool dad. I wanted to tell them about my dad. I wanted to tell my kids about how Jungkook and I would face evil together and beat it.

I wanted to have kids and witness their first words. Maybe 'father' or 'dad' and then Jungkook and I would argue about who they were talking about. I wanted to grow old with Jungkook and look through photo albums.

I wanted to stay here. I didn't want to die. Hell, I would start drinking coffee everyday, just to stay.

I didn't want to leave Jungkook, knowing it would break him. I started to sob. I raised my hand and put it on Jungkook's cheek and pull him closer. Jungkook and I shared a kiss. Maybe even our last.

I wanted to feel his soft, pink lips again, maybe for the last time. I wanted to feel his warmth and the comfort it would give me, again or maybe for the last time. I didn't knew what was going to happen. I only knew one thing.

One last thing I had to say before it was too late. "K-Kookie..." I start. "Y-yes?" Jungkook asked with a voice full of pain and sadness. "I-I love y-you to i-infinity." I stammered. "I love you too, Tae. I love you too. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you." Jungkook muttered while his tears dropped on my face.

I smiled and cried at the same time. I let my hand fall on the grass next to me, leaving my bloody hand mark on Jungkook's cheek. Jungkook looked up to his right and shook his head wildly. "No, you have to help him, please. Uncle, please!" He begged.

I felt two pair of hands wrap around my arms and pulling me up. "No, do not take him away!" Jungkook yelled, but Hangseon prevented Jungkook from running to me. I felt myself drowning in the dark.

My last vision was me being laid down in the back of a van and seeing Jungkook freeing himself from Hangseon's grip. I saw him running to me while the doors closed and darkness spread inside of the van. I saw a silhouette slipping into the van with me before I closed my heavy eyelids at the same time the door closed with a 'bang.'

Everything went black, except for my hearing. The last words I heard were from Jungkook, who didn't get to get into the van.

"Taehyung! I love you, I will get you out of wherever they are taking you. You're not going to die, you hear me?! Don't die. Stay with me...

Please, Taehyung...

Stay with me..."

Jungkook said while banging on the van.

Stay with me, were the last words I heard before the clock hit 11:07 p.m 2016...

Stay with me...

(Did you cry?! I bawled my eyes out whilst writing this!) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 20.1K 84
( Completed ✓) Taehyung and Jungkook are forced to get married , not really forced . But Taehyung fall in love with a boy...unknown boy , who he rand...
1.7M 88.1K 47
Jungkook coldly abandoned his boyfriend Taehyung, only to hear shortly after that his former lover was murdered. Six years later, Jungkook is the hea...
54.7K 1.5K 19
*This is the story of a beggar who got married to a mafia, he was also his high school best friend. the beggar was his second wife, the mafia was so...
278K 12.1K 48
Taehyung. A mafia leader. Crimes done right with no tracks. It's practically impossible to accuse him. He doesn't waste his time to play around. He i...