Aesthete

By kaywritingbooks

This story is about an OC character of mine, Florence Reyna is an American transfer student molded to become... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1
Chapter 33 - Bakugo 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3
Chapter 36 - Bakugo 4
Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5
Chapter 39 - Izuku 1
Chapter 40 - Izuku 2
Chapter 41 - Izuku 3
Chapter 42 - Izuku 4
Chapter 43 - Izuku 5
Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6
Chapter 45 - Bakugo 7
Chapter 46 - Kaminari
Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8
Chapter 48 - Jirou
Chapter 49 - Bakugo 9
Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10
Closing Note.

Bakugo Birthday Special

176 9 12
By kaywritingbooks

A/N: This is from Florence's first week at U.A.

- Bakugo's P.O.V -

I slammed the top of my alarm clock, hearing the buzz silence as I threw my blankets off me, my mother was screaming at me to come downstairs.

I couldn't care less if today's my birthday, it's all the same crap to me.

I ignored her calls, getting ready for school as I wondered what sort of training we would do today. I didn't care for any classmates, only for being the best. If I couldn't do greater than All Might, I'd be just another weak extra who never amounted to anything. I walked downstairs, turning to see the same All Might decorations my dad buys from the market to celebrate the day my shitty mother popped me out.

"Happy birthday, shitty kid!" My mother cheered, pointing to an array of nice-looking breakfast as my dad muttered a quiet, "Happy birthday, son."

"I don't give a shit about today, but thanks." I deadpanned to them both as my mom began swatting me, we started arguing over breakfast and my dad simply watched in silence, knowing too well that interfering would be pointless.

"I got you a new console and the All Might figurine you kept searching for." Mom stated, pointing to the living room as I saw multiple gift bags, I gave her and my dad the fastest side hug before running off to the living room.

"I just got you some new earphones for when you work out and unlimited access to that fancy gym nearby." I nodded at my dad's words, lifting out the figurine and the console as I began making my way upstairs.

"Thanks," I grumbled out.

When I entered the class, Shitty Hair opened his mouth, "Bakubro! Happy-" I slapped my hand over his mouth, "Shut up, Shitty Hair, you should be lucky I even told you."

He whined, "But people should wish you a happy birthday, it's the manly thing to do!"

I rolled my eyes, "No, I don't wanna hear that cheesy shit." I made my way to the desk, eyes glancing over briefly to the girl who sat next to Izuku, doodling on her notebook as her eyes lifted up to meet mine. She didn't smile, but she didn't look intimidated or fearful, she only blinked, returning back to writing random scribbles.

I knew her name, but I had taken to calling her ugly because I wouldn't bend my rule of avoiding proper names, not even for her. She was odd, she never smiled and she didn't try to act pleasant or appeal to me in any way, the way most would. All that brat did was shrug me off and kick my ass during our first spar against each other. I respected her because of that, her facade of an indifference towards everyone without being haughty.

I felt someone tapping my shoulder, I turned, glaring and feeling my blood boil when I realized that it was Deku wanting my attention.

"What do you want, you damn nerd?" I snapped, getting to the point. He handed me a small box, muttering a quick "Happy birthday" as he darted back to his desk. I wanted to yell at him and wring him by his neck, but instead, I shoved the stupid box into my bag.

Class passed by in the same monotone manner, the lessons blurring into repetition and the extras all sounding the same. When the bell for lunch rang, I was startled by a body bumping into mine.

"Watch where the hell you're going, ugly girl." Her eyes peeled off the floor and met mine with my sentence. She rolled her eyes, "What's got a stick up your ass?" Huh? Who the fuck does she think she is? And on my damn birthday, too.

"Do you want me to kick your ass?" I barked out, hands reaching to pull on the collar of her uniform shirt, her brown waves cascaded over my hand as the same shade of chocolate blinked at me in boredom. She huffed, "You can't, remember who won the match we had." I let her go, surprising both of us when I pulled on her cheek. She finally showed some sort of reaction, her pupils dilating slightly as she leaned away.

She studied me for a moment, reaching to yank on my cheek as I hissed for her to stop. She only looked slightly amused, flitting away before I could say anything else to her.

In lunch, Shitty Hair tried playing off how he paid for my lunch, saying that this was his way of gifting me on my special day. I cussed him out as we reached the table, eyes absentmindedly scanning for the girl who would sit with us every so often.

"Where's Reyna?" Dunce Face asked, poking at his ramen while he also searched for the annoying classmate of ours.

"She left the campus, saying she'd return before the hour ended." Tape Dispenser explained while Shitty Hair agreed, "Yeah, she said she had something to do and she was kind of in a rush, I even bought her some brownies since she seems to have a thing for them." I found that interesting, a girl who seemed so unimpressed would find something like baked goods worthy of her attention. I stayed silent, chewing on the spicy food as I thought over the girl's nationality.

I didn't care much for her, but I heard Tape Dispenser mention how she was Latina, her family stemmed from a Central American country while some came from Mexico. She's got to know how to make some sort of spicy Mexican dish, something that outshines a Japanese meal. I was picky, I wanted food that was authentic and home-cooked, something that could make my eyes water from the spice.

For training, we were only working on agility, running through different areas around the school as I saw the girl nearing me. I was annoyed, how the hell is she the only one who can catch up to me and the class rep? Her face remained calm, ponytail swinging about as her legs were taut, focusing on pushing past us both. I quickened my pace only slightly, making sure she couldn't reach me. She must've realized I did that on purpose as she narrowed her gaze, eyes moving back to the trees that were blurring by.

When we finished, I felt a tug on my gym uniform. I was about to shrug off whoever had the audacity to touch me, but I realized it was the Reyna girl.

"Meet me after school, I want to talk." I raised my eyebrows slightly at her words, what does she need with me?

I stayed quiet, walking back to the locker rooms as the extras and I were changing back into regular uniform.

I heard the pervert speak. "Did you see how fast Reyna is? She looked so hot acting all powerful, she nearly kicked me too with those sexy legs!" I scowled, I wasn't the type to bother looking at girls, but it was disgusting to see a loser speak about her like that. I don't give a damn about her, but she beat me so I felt obligated to wrinkle my nose in that purple freak's direction.

"Mineta, it's not really appropriate to speak about girls that way, you shouldn't say that stuff about Florence." I glanced towards Deku briefly because of what he said. They're on first name basis? Something about that tugged on me but I just finished adjusting my collar.

"Florence is probably one of the prettiest girls I've seen! I want to ask her out on a date." Dunce Face stated, fist raised to show his determination.

"What makes you think she's gonna date you?" I blurted out, and most of the guys began looking towards me.

"Why not? She doesn't mind being around me." Dunce Face attempted to defend himself, and I grabbed a random cloth to hurl it in his face.

"That ugly girl seems too nice to tell anyone no." I wasn't wrong, she would always act worried about how others reacted.

I left the locker rooms, grabbing my bag as people began exiting the classroom, heading home for the day. The girl wasn't in class so I figured she would be waiting by the front. I was leaving the building, standing by the front of the gates of U.A as the girl showed no sign of appearing. Did this idiot really set me up?

"Bakugo!" Her low voice yelled, and she was running towards me from the glass doors, sun hitting her face as her hair whipped behind her. She reached me, holding out two bags.

"Happy birthday." I stepped back, glaring at Reyna.

"How the fuck did you know?"

"Kirishima told me yesterday, so I made you something because I know you like spicy food. I also made you something else because I think it matches the colors of your hero costume, but don't wear it if you don't want to, we're not friends after all." She wheezed out, shoving the two bags towards me. For a brief second, I wondered if I should accept the gifts.

I barely knew her, and she didn't know me at all, why would she go out of her way to make things for me just because of the day I was born? She wasn't smiling, but her eyes showed excitement, that stupid hope on her face gnawed at me. She wanted me to accept the gifts, to appreciate her gesture.

I sighed, snatching the two bags as I turned to walk away. Why the hell isn't she following me?

"Well are you coming or what?" I demanded, and she raised her head, nodding while her feet carried her to my side. I noticed that she was fidgeting, eyes darting around her as her fingers tapped that necklace she wore.

"What are you thinking about, ugly girl?"

"Uh, a bunch of things, it gets hard to pinpoint exact thoughts." I mulled over her answer, she was beyond intelligent that was for sure, but at what cost?

I reached a park, tugging on the strap of her bag as I dragged her to sit beside me on a nearby bench. She got comfortable, absorbing the scenery as I watched the corner of her lip lift up for the smallest fraction of a second.

She almost smiled.

"Look at your gifts, I'm gonna go on the swings."

I nodded, relaxing as I carefully lifted the gift paper that enclosed the bag. My eyes flickered to her every so often, making sure the dumbass didn't fall off the swing.

I lifted a container that had a delicious aroma drifting from inside. Raising the lid, I saw the stuffed jalapeños, counting twenty that were all stacked neatly with All Might pokers through them. I took one out, popping the appetizer in my mouth as I chewed.

This shitty girl can make a good appetizer.

I ate two more, noticing that she also prepared a container with Mexican food, tacos and a soup to be exact.

That's why she left during lunch, to make this crap for me.

I sighed, did she even get to eat anything at all? I hope so.

I looked towards the second bag, lifting a bracelet that had a mixture of burnt orange, black, dark green, and one single red bead in the center. I almost laughed, did she really think I was gonna wear this stupid ass bracelet?

I put everything away, slipping the bracelet on discreetly as I turned to watch her swing through the air.

That was the first time I saw Florence Reyna for how pretty she is. The sunlight was illuminating her face, letting the swirl of brown in her eyes pop out with the red in her cheeks. Her hair was floating wildly, making her seem like she was a fairy, only flying about for enjoyment. She didn't smile, but the ghost of happiness was on her face. She jumped off the swing, floating through the air for an instant before landing perfectly on the ground.

She was nearing me, and I heard a soft humming from her lips. Her voice was nice, it wasn't high-pitched and squeaky, it was low and soft, sounding like the strums of a guitar when she was mumbling. I wanted to punch myself for being so observant of her, but then again, could I blame myself? She was way too kind for her own good.

"I hope you like it, if not, that's okay too." Her words didn't surprise me, I only reached a hand out to pull on her cheek.

"Thanks, ugly girl." She whipped her head, eyes wide at my gratitude.

"No problem, stupid cactus."

"What the hell did you call me?"

"What you just heard, idiot."

I grabbed her, pulling her near me as I rubbed my fist into the top of her head. "Bakugo, isn't that what the birthday boy gets? Why are you doing this to me?" She whined, palm reaching out to defend herself against my merciless attacks.

I shoved her away, fighting the urge to laugh at her disarrayed hair as she glowered.

We walked towards the direction of our homes and I wondered whether something like this would occur once more next year.

If Florence Reyna did something like this again, maybe I would actually look forward to my birthday.

- Florence's P.O.V -

My fingers were slightly aching, I had burnt them when I was crafting together a meal for Bakugo. It was his birthday and I always wished for someone to do some sort of thoughtful gesture for my birthday.

Maybe no one would do this for him, so it's up to me to at least make him feel special about his day of birth.

I was preparing the jalapeño poppers carefully, making sure it all looked perfect. When I finished, I washed my hands, grabbing the two prepared bags as I ran back to U.A.

I had given Bakugo his gift and he didn't seem to hate it, I even saw him eating some of the food I made, eyes flickering to me every so often.

We were bantering back and forth before we entered my neighborhood, he was turning to leave and I called for his name.

"What, shitty girl?"

"Happy birthday, I'm only telling you again because it's once a year!" I pressed my hands together, giving him a salute before I spun around. His voice stopped me, "You didn't have to do all that, but thanks."

I hummed, "You're my friend, even if I'm not yours." I was walking down the road to my home when I stopped to look at the clouds, feeling a comfort in my chest that I wasn't used to.

Next year, I'll make sure to do something even better for you, Bakugo. We'll be good friends and you'll be so happy that you call me by my first name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.7K 2.1K 23
"Offer me something I can't find in myself" Updated 1-2 times a week. Do not repost my drawings, I'll sue :)
708K 43.4K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
28.9K 835 29
The cover credit goes to @-Bezana-!! Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. I don't own any of the characters that the writers of the...
7.6K 124 8
(Y/n) is a part of the Elven Kingdom. Her King the High Jew Elf (which is Kyle if you didn't know that go and and play the game) banished you from sp...