wanna be yours [aaron hotchne...

By MDA_Writings

Professor Hotchner's criminal law class has a reputation. Professor Hotchner has a reputation. On your first... More

warnings, disclaimers, all that jazz
I.I
I.II
I.III
I.IV
I.V
I.VI
I.VII
I.VIII
I.IX
I.X
I.XI
II.I
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII

II.II

8.1K 227 1.4K
By MDA_Writings

A/N: "Mr. Perfectly Fine" by Taylor Swift. It's everything to me.

You find yourself having more sleepless nights than ever before. Every time you close your eyes you're facing the terrifying horrors your brain has managed to conjure up. The sounds of people screaming for help as debris rains down around you. You're fighting against the arms of two firemen. Someone has to help them!

Your alarm is still hours away from ringing, yet you glance at the time every few minutes, every minute dragging along like it's an hour. Your eyes are glued to your ceiling fan, watching as it swings back and forth slightly with each rotation of the blades.

After your first case with the BAU, things have started to slow down. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have cases every single day of the week. Most of your days of work are summarized by piles and piles of paperwork. The team seems to be perpetually behind on every case report. The team tries to write up a general profile for every case that requests the BAU assistance that you can't help with in person. In addition, Strauss loves to load the whole team with special talking events and lecture series. There's hardly a day where everyone is in the office at the same time and when you are, you're all soon called away on a case.

You haven't been called away on a case since your first with the team. You actually don't mind doing paperwork most of the day. The main reason is that it gives you an easy way to stay away from Hotch. You've jokingly struck up a deal that for every one of your files that Reid walks up to Hotch's office for you, you'll buy him a coffee. So far you owe him nearly two weeks of coffee.

Hotch is not completely oblivious. He's caught on to your little game and so far, he's been kind enough to give you some distance. He's stopped pressuring you to talk to him. Maybe he finally sensed the raw emotion of your voice the other day in his office.

You resign yourself to the fact that you're not going to fall back to sleep before your alarm rings. You pull the sheets off of you, kicking your feet off to the side, wrapping your arms around your body tightly as a shiver runs through you. The temperature in Virginia is dropping rapidly as winter takes over. You love when it's cold. You love the way the cold, blustery air bites at your skin and makes you tingly. It's a nice reminder that you're alive. After everything you've been through, you're still standing. You can still feel something. You can feel the cold.

You go through the motions of your morning routine, taking a shower to wake yourself up, brushing your teeth, pulling on some slacks and a nice blouse. You turn on some music while you get ready but even your favorite songs can't seem to pull your head out from the haze you are living in recently. Your body is working on autopilot because before you know it, you've finished your makeup. It's not even 6 AM.

You pop half of a bagel into the toaster, make a cup of coffee in your thermos, and then cover the bagel with cream cheese and honey. You look around your half-empty apartment, taking your time to eat your small breakfast.

Today is just going to be one of those particularly difficult and painful days. You can sense it. Your body feels lit up with nerves. Eating your breakfast is difficult, just the taste of the food making you sick to your stomach.

Your thoughts bounce between two topics: your past in the FBI and your past with Aaron Hotchner. It's hard to believe that the Aaron Hotchner you see every day is the same Aaron Hotchner you once knew. You glance at the time, if you don't leave soon you'll miss the train and be stuck at home for another hour. You rush out the door, walking to the train station. You settle into a seat, pulling your headphones on, hoping to drown out the rattling and humming of the train. You reach down to dig through your bag for your thermos of coffee. Shit.

The thermos is sitting on your counter. You can practically see it in your mind, right there on the edge of the counter. It's almost become a joke at this point the horrible quality coffee of the BAU. You and Reid have a running joke about starting up a collection fund for better quality coffee, at least for your BAU floor. Nearly every team member brings their own coffee, settling for the shitty stuff in the conference room or on the jet in place of their second or third cup that day.

You get off the train, tempted to call Reid to bring you coffee, but according to your deal, you're supposed to be the one doing that for him. You let out a tired sigh, calling a car to drive you to the office, wincing at the cost of your morning commute. You really need to get a car.

The parking lot is almost completely empty. You swipe your ID at the door. The night guard hasn't switched out for the morning guard yet. You recognize him from some of the late nights you've had within your first week of work and give a small smile and nod. Your heart thumps into your throat every time you step onto the elevator in this building. All this in an attempt to avoid being alone with Hotch.

You reach forward to press floor six, when a voice calls out, footsteps moving rapidly towards the elevator, "Hold the elevator please!" You see a black briefcase swing up between the closing doors as you lunge for the door hold button. "Thank you—" There's a slight hesitation in Hotch's voice as he pauses and looks over you. "Agent." He steps into the elevator. You make room for him, putting as much space between the two of you as possible.

You attempt your best, most polite, professional smile and nod, "Good morning, Sir." You rock back and forth on your toes. Out of the corner of your eye, you can see him open his mouth to say something before closing it again. There's a long pause.

Should you say something? A normal employee would ask their boss how they are and make small talk. But this isn't really the most normal boss/employee relationship. It seems frivolous to make small talk with someone who has seen the most intimate parts of you.

"You're here early again," Hotch finally speaks up. The elevator's cool blue fluorescent lighting somehow emphasizes just how warm those brown eyes of his are. Those intimate parts of you that you keep shrouded from the naked eye, every single weakness you have shoved down, seem to be on full display in the way that he looks at you.

"I was already up. Thought I'd come in and get some work done," The only way to keep the profiler in him at bay is to tell him some version of the truth. It's true. You were already awake. You did decide it would just be better to come in and get started on work. However, you know that the exhaustion in your face is something you can't hide away from his analytical eyes. There's something in his expression that you can't quite place as he gazes back at you. It's a cross between disbelief and pity.

Pity. That's definitely something you don't want. Especially not from him. But maybe it's not pity? Concern?

"I work out in the mornings," Now you're just fully lying, "I finished early and thought why not come in."

"Y/N-" His voice lowers in volume as if someone's listening to your conversation. He says your name like it's a swear word. Like the name is some secret, forbidden phrase that he shouldn't be saying, especially not at work. The elevator doors ring and they open to the BAU floor. Thankfully, there's a worker from the night crew waiting to get on, interrupting whatever Hotch planned to say, and you're quick to step off, moving around the man.

Hotch knows better than to follow after you to continue the conversation. There's no one else in the offices yet, but the elevator is like neutral territory. A space separate from the job. Some sort of limbo between personal and professional. If the elevator is neutral, the BAU floor is the war front.

The situation is comical. You speed away from him, but he has to walk right past you to get to his office. What you don't expect is the small coffee cup that he places on your desk before continuing right up to his office.

You remember him holding a tray of coffees in the elevator. Did he always intend to give you one of them? Is this attempt at a truce?

You remove the lid from the cup. The steam erupts wildly, just the smell of the coffee alone enough to already start perking you up. Once the initial small burst of heat clears, you stare down into the cup, expecting to see completely black coffee, the way that Hotch takes his. To your surprise, it's a light caramel color and you can smell a slight sweetness. You take a long sip. It's perfect. You haven't changed the way you take your coffee. He remembers your order. Is that supposed to mean something?

You realize you've been staring into your coffee for too long once you see Morgan and Garcia step off the elevator, his arm casually thrown around her shoulders. You can't hear their conversation, but she says something, vibrantly gesturing with her hands, as Morgan lets out a laugh, flashing those perfect teeth of his. He gives Garcia's arm a reassuring squeeze. She turns and scurries off to her little lair while Morgan turns towards the bullpen, digging around for a file in his bag.

"You're always here early, new girl," Morgan teases with a playful smack of the file to your head as he walks past.

"I have a name, Morgan," You roll your eyes, attempting to fix your hair.

"What can I say? I'm a big fan of nicknames," He grins and starts to walk towards the stairs.

"Wait! Can you take this file up to Hotch?" You hold out the papers from your desk. You give him your best, most innocent, pleading eyes. Usually, that works pretty well to get Reid to do things for you. Flirting really trips Reid up. The problem with Morgan is that he doesn't get flustered or uncomfortable like Reid, he plays into your flirtations. You get along much better with Morgan now that he's had about a week to warm up to you.

He still doesn't trust you and you can tell that he questions your skills. So occasionally, you'll indulge him. You'll ask him for advice on something you're working on. You'll ask him to check your work before you hand it in to Hotch. You want him to know you respect him.

You don't trust easily and neither does he, a quality that you have both noticed in each other. Morgan doesn't push you to indulge him with your past. The other team members haven't pushed you necessarily, but they seem to dance around the topic of your dismissal. Morgan avoids the topic entirely. You get the feeling that you and Morgan are way more similar than it would appear on the surface.

"Pretty boy gets free coffee, what do I get?" He stops and walks back closer to you.

"What do you want?" You smirk and lean forward placing your chin in the palm of your hand.

Morgan pauses and thinks for a second, "You come out with the team for drinks sometime, first round on you."

You roll your eyes, "Fine. Deal." You hold out the files and he takes them with a smile.

"I would've done it just to be nice, you know," He laughs and walks up to knock on Hotch's door. "Just wanted to see what I could get out of the new girl." He opens the door, disappearing into the office. Emily finally arrives for the day, Reid trailing close behind her.

"All I'm saying is there are so many scientific fallacies built into the Jurassic Park franchise that it's totally reasonable to watch the films as comedies. I mean mixing Jurassic DNA with any other species just produces new species, not the same exact dinosaurs from the Jurassic period." Reid rambles on and Emily just shoots you a look.

"This is why I don't offer to carpool anymore," She taunts and smiles at you.

"Not even me?" You smile, giving Reid a playful kick under the desks as he sits down.

"Are you going to annoy me about the minuscule details of every great award-winning movie?" She raises a brow, unpacking her belongings, setting a large cup of steaming coffee down.

"Well, I don't know shit about science," You shake your head, "I might complain about different book to screen adaptations and the number of details lost and the symbolism lost in the transfer of the work to the screen."

"It's moments like these that make me hate that the rest of the team has their own offices," Prentiss sighs, already reaching for her headphones. You're not really supposed to listen to music while working, but she breaks that rule all the time. She argues it helps her focus, but you really think it helps distract her from the horrors on the page. In the past week, you've learned that Emily Prentiss is great at compartmentalizing.

She's easily able to push aside personal for professional, however, that comes at a great mental cost for her. She reminds you a little bit of Hotch in that way. She pushes the personal feelings down so deep that it's hard for her to retrieve them when she needs to, so she's wary of how detached she gets. But being emotionally detached from the work is the only way to avoid pain. So she listens to music.

Only two case reports later, the day is almost over. The days of sleep deprivation are finally taking a toll on your work ethic. Your brain is in a haze. You thought the two servings of caffeine would help clear your mind, but instead, they've just heightened your anxiety, making you more on edge than you already were. It doesn't help that every few minutes your eyes drift up to the blinds of Hotch's office, looking up at him while he focuses down on his work.

How can he be so... okay? He pretends as if your presence isn't immensely distracting. Maybe it isn't for him. Whatever he felt for you all those years ago was never love, you know that. Maybe he liked the ego boost of the way you worshipped him, hanging on to every last word out of his mouth. Maybe he just liked your body. He broke your heart, yet he sits in his office like everything is perfect.

"Today's cases?" Reid stands next to your desk, a large stack of files in his arms already.

"How do you get those done so fast?" You shake your head at him and hand him your two, very slim, files.

"Eidetic memory, high-speed reading, genius-level IQ," Emily pipes up without looking at the two of you. "Any of those options is a good explanation."

"Thank you, Spence. I am forever in your debt," You tease him as he gives a cute little tight-lipped smile, rushing up the stairs to hand in the work from the day.

As if on cue, Garcia, Morgan, and JJ step into the bullpen, their bags slung over their shoulders and Rossi comes down from the catwalk to meet the three.

"So how about that drink now?" Morgan once again has an arm wrapped around Garcia who then glances between the two of you.

"Yes! The newbie has to join us for drinks!" She smiles wildly, "Oh I just know you're going to be so much fun. Plus, I have so much I want to interrogate you about." It's a light-hearted joke, a turn of phrase, but you know that Garcia probably vetted you within minutes of your time at the BAU. Penelope Garcia has the biggest heart of anyone you've ever met. She has so much love and joy for her family, this team, but you also know that she will do anything to keep her family safe. She's not a violent person, but you know that if she had to die to protect this stand-in family, she would.

You glance among the faces of your new team, each more hopeful and excited than the last. They've all been immensely welcoming, despite their individual reservations about you. "I guess I could be down for a drink or two." You start packing your bag. You hear Hotch's office door open.

"Pretty boy, you down for drinks? Y/L/N is buying the first round!" Morgan calls up to Reid. You smile up at him, but it quickly drops when you see him.

Reid's eyes flit to yours and there's an apologetic look on his face, "Y/N, Hotch wants to talk to you." The team exchanges a series of looks, your face getting warm as soon as you can feel all eyes on you.

You wave at them dismissively, "You guys go ahead, I'll catch up if I have time," You force a smile, pulling your bag onto your shoulder, practically dragging yourself up the stairs. As you pass Reid, he gives your hand a small touch. It's small, but it means the world to you. You know how weird Reid is about contact and germs. He hugs or touches the team because he trusts them. He feels a sense of family with them. It's only been a week, yet you and Reid have shared countless passionate conversations about books.

He gives you recommendations and you rush to buy them. You indulge his rambling rants. Sometimes you ride the train together. He gets off much later than you on the train, taking it all the way to DC, but he makes the ride seem like seconds, not minutes. You love to see what people are passionate about and Spencer Reid is passionate about everything. He loves to learn, a feeling you relate to heavily.

You knock on the hardwood door, the nameplate seeming to stare back at you, taunting you. It isn't new that a door with Aaron Hotchner's name on it haunts you, but this one is different. It holds so much more potential. Just a little strip of metal adhered to the dark wood. Yet it holds your past life with him and about a million different possible future ones both with and without him.

You hear a deep 'come in' through the door and push it open to see Hotch hunched over, focused on the work on his desk, the same way he's looked all day through his blinds. "Please, sit," He reaches for a pen and your eyes go to the form on his desk.

You smooth out your pants as you take the seat across from him. "You wanted to see me?"

"Interesting system you've worked out with Morgan and Reid." If you weren't looking directly at him you would swear he was smiling through the comment, but instead, you're faced with those emotionless eyes of his.

"I'm sorry," You stumble over your words a little. Did he call you up here to reprimand you for not walking your own work up to his office? "It's just a little silly thing I was doing. It's childish I'll—"

"That's not why I needed to see you," He cuts you off, waving his hand. He leans forward, one arm resting on the armrest of his chair, the other hand holding his pen. He rubs his fingers together with the pen in his hand.

Needed to see you. He didn't mean those words that way, but your brain takes them and runs with them, forcing you to need a second to breathe. As always, Hotch sucks the oxygen out of your lungs, leaving you breathless, scrambling for some sense of sanity.

"Strauss suggested—" He pauses and corrects himself, "Well, Strauss requested an evaluation of you after your first week on the job and I don't think it's a bad idea."

"Right now?" You question him and he gives a slight nod in response.

"I know you've been through a lot and Strauss wants to make sure you're really ready for this job."

"I am. I was gone for a year. I don't need more time off. I need to get back to work and back to feeling useful." You answer decisively. It's that simple. He has your psych evaluations and your therapists notes. So does Strauss. What more do they want from you?

You can tell he takes note of your exact word choice, eyes narrowing as you say 'useful.'He jots something down on the pad in front of him, "You've gotten great work done these past few days. You're an excellent agent and you have a real skill for profiling."

"Thank you, Sir," You play off the compliment, but truthfully, it terrifies you how much you feel joy coursing through you at the praise. His approval still means everything you. You can't and won't be dependent upon him. "The rest of the team definitely has a lot more experience though."

"Is that why you ask Reid questions that you know the answer to? Or ask Morgan to look over your work even though you've already checked it over twice and know that it's perfect?" You meet his gaze reluctantly and this time there is a small upturn to his lips at the corners.

You're rendered speechless temporarily. Fair enough. Just as much as you've been profiling and analyzing him, he;'s been observant. He's paying attention to your behavior. That is his job after all. "Excuse me?"

"You want everyone here to like you. You want to prove yourself to everyone, to me. You don't need to do that." The look in his eyes makes your heart pound aggressively against your ribcage so wildly that you're convinced he can see your chest moving with each thud. He's saying he's noticed the signs of sleep deprivation. That's what the coffee was about. That's why he's called you in for this evaluation. "I think you've been through something traumatic. Now, I don't know exactly what you've been through, I understand that the details of your removal from your original post have been made confidential but I think this job takes a lot from you." He scoffs a little and shakes his head, "No actually, this job will take everything from you. It'll eat you alive, but you need to find a way not to let it."

You're sure that the state of both of you is enough to scare off anyone from wanting to join the BAU. Both of you are poster children for sleep deprivation. You're working yourself overtime to prove yourself to the team while distracting your mind from the past. And Hotch? It's clear he works himself overtime to make up for something. You haven't quite figured out what yet, but he's trying to make up for a past mistake. He's trying to be the best that he can in his position. What did the job take from him that's left him a shell of himself?

"Is there a question in there, sir?" You try to play off the instinct to snap at him.

"Do you have someone to talk to?" There's that confusing look on his face again. The one that makes you feel like you're being pitied, "You don't have to talk to me, I mean, of course, you can talk to me, but you need to talk to someone. Do you have someone?"

You nod, "I can always call my therapist if I need her. And if I need someone, I'll find someone. No need to worry, Sir."

"Hotch," He corrects. Your answer doesn't satisfy him. "I've seen a pattern before, with agents that come back from trauma. They're desperate for acceptance and approval, yet they have trouble trusting their coworkers. This team can't function without trust. So do you?"

"Do I what?" You're clenching your toes in your shoes, in order to hide the anger that the question fuels inside you. With every question, this feels more like an interrogation.

"Trust your fellow agents? Trust this team? Trust me?" He waves his hand around like it's the simplest question he could ask you as if he hasn't given you a million different reasons to be distrustful.

"I think trust is a fickle thing. Easy to lose, nearly impossible to gain back when lost. In addition, it takes time to build trust." Your hands fidget a little at your sides and his eyes dart down to notice the behavior. "I don't expect any of the other agents to trust me right away but I don't plan on giving them any reason not to. I hope they're just as understanding with me as I am with them."

With the two of you, it's never been about what is said, but always what goes unsaid, and this conversation, so much seems to be going unsaid.

"This team only works because we value cooperation and we respect one another," He nods and looks back at the form in front of him, "I'll be sure to tell Strauss how well you're fitting in." As he continues to talk, you gather up your things. "I'm impressed by how much you've accomplished these past few years in the bureau."

"Thank you, Sir." There's so much more you want to say to him. There's so much you want to ask. You want to yell and scream and curse him out, but you also want to throw it all in his face. How much you achieved without his help. You're almost out the door but you can't seem to bite your tongue any longer. When you look back at him, he's standing, collecting his things, "How are you so... so okay?"

"I'm sorry?" His brows furrow into confusion.

"I can't breathe around you. I can't think straight. I can't get my work done," You let out, your voice tired and weak as you let the truth out, "I go home and I can't get you off my mind. How are you just so professional and composed as if I'm just like any other employee? Did I really mean so little to you? Did I delude myself that much?"

Hotch pauses and clears his throat. He closes himself off to you by looking at his work, as if the answer he's looking for is in one of those files, "That was... was a long time ago and I think it's just best we focus on our responsibilities here as agents, rather than indulge the past."

"Unbelievable," You scoff, "It's sad that you haven't changed. You are still so opposed to letting yourself feel anything. I can barely get up each morning and bring myself into work to face you, but glad to know you're doing great." You wait a moment to see if he has anything to say, but he keeps that stern emotionless veil over his face. "Good night, Sir." Just like a week ago, you're almost out the door. Almost free.

"I've never stopped thinking about you," Hotch calls out. You freeze.

"Bullshit," You breathe out clenching your fists at your side, trying to take another step away from him.

"You were important to me. I cared about you." He hesitates, like he's weighing his next words, choosing them carefully, "You're still important to me. I still care about you, now that you're a member of the team."

"Bull. Shit." You grit out, take a few steps closer, forgetting how much taller he is than you, but you're determined to stand your ground. "How many were there?"

"Excuse me?"

"How many other girls? How many before me?" You shake your head. You're not sure that you even want the answer. It's a question that's stuck with you ever since that day outside of his office so many years ago. He didn't flinch. He didn't even bother saving you the heartbreak. He welcomed that girl into his office the same way he did to you without thinking twice.

"I–" He's at a loss for words, pushing his focus down to the papers on his desk, trailing a finger over the edge of the wood, actively avoiding the question.

"It's not a difficult question, Hotch," You're firm with him. Despite his position of authority over you, as he was before, you're no longer intimidated by the repercussions of speaking out. You have too much dirt on him. Too many things you could throw in his face at this point. He can't fire you for speaking your mind. You know he won't. He can't threaten your career. If he fires you, he has to explain himself to Strauss. What is he going to say? He can't explain your history together.

"I don't remember," He stumbles over his words, "Three... no four. Definitely four."

You pause. There's still one question that has weighed on your mind every day for the past eight years, "And after me?" It's a question you definitely don't want the answer to, knowing that in all honesty, the answer doesn't really matter. It won't change much. You've considered every answer to the question. Every alternative hurts. If he did sleep with that student after you, it solidifies your unimportance in his life. If he didn't, why would he hurt you the way he did?

It's a question Hotch clearly never thought you'd actually ask. He finally meets your eye contact, "None."

You scoff, "You're a liar."

"I couldn't... go through with it with anyone else. I just saw you everywhere in that office. Everywhere I looked. I couldn't erase the traces of you." He shakes his head, "And I wanted to go through with it." That stings, "Because I wanted to forget you. Get you out of my mind and I couldn't."

You gnaw at your bottom lip, "Clearly you were able to move on pretty easily," You gesture to the pictures of the blonde women and the little boy on the bookshelf behind him.

That's when he completely shuts down. Any sense of humanity you were starting to see in him slowly slips away from you. He's back to that stonewall of a unit chief. You've hit a nerve. "That is not a topic up for discussion."

"How old is your son? Five? Six?" You cross your arms against your chest, "Don't act like I was important to you if it was that easy for you to move on. It's funny, you seem to have everyone around here fooled into thinking you're some morally just, decent man. I wonder if she knows the truth about you."

Now you've really hit a nerve. "Don't talk about things you know nothing about, Agent." He gathers up the papers on his desk, shoving them into a file. "You're dismissed. Evaluation is over."

"Good night," You pause, "Sir." you snatch up your bag from the floor. Was that even a real evaluation? Or just an excuse to force you to finally sit down and talk to him? He was prying for personal answers. Do you have someone? Do you? Trust me? What he really meant was, Are you seeing someone? Are you still mad at me? Do you hate me? You made sure he didn't get those answers. The answers being no and you don't know. You feel like you don't even know him. He barely even looks like the man you found yourself hopelessly falling for.

You text Reid that you're just too tired to meet the team for drinks. Calling a car to take you to the train station.

Hotch has somehow managed to become a completely different person, yet still maintains some similarities to the person he was before. You still think of the same words to describe him, but for entirely different reasons.

He's firm and stern. Now, in this position, he's big on following protocol. Following the rules is what has to be done. Following rules and respecting the chain of authority is essential to keeping everyone safe. Before, he didn't care about rules, but he had high standards of performance.

He's cold. Before, he was cold to distance you from him. Now he's cold as if letting someone in might break him. Like you might warm him from the inside out and he might not be able to withstand the heat. Letting someone in might lead to a complete meltdown.

Despite the icy exterior he puts on, you see small glimpses of warmth and care. Care for his team, especially. He's patient with Garcia. He indulges her quirks. He's firm with Reid because if not he gets sidetracked pretty quickly. But he's also gentle with him. He doesn't cut him off or guide him back on track in a rude manner. He knows when the job is overwhelming for JJ. She fields so many cases, being forced to decide which people most need the help. Every single day this week, you've seen them both hunched over his desk pouring over yet another armful of files. He reassures her that they've made the right decisions.

So you don't know if you hate him. You don't know him. That's the problem.

By the time you get to your apartment, both the mental and physical exhaustion have finally caught up to you. You open your mailbox, pulling out the mail that's been accumulating over the past few days. You sort through it quickly, most junk mail and bills. You get to the top of the stairs and unlock your door pushing through and you see a small envelope at the bottom of the handful. There's no return address, just your name scrawled across the front in almost illegible handwriting.

You furrow your brows, dropping your bags by the door, kicking off your shoes, and walking into your kitchen as you tear at the envelope. As you do, a small square photograph falls out. You reach in for the other small slip of paper. Your heart sinks and you feel a sick sense growing in the pit of your stomach.

On the small paper, in the same scrawl as the front of the envelope: I'm still out there.

You bend down for the photograph that fell. It's a picture of Hotch, his suit jacket blowing open slightly in the wind. He has his phone in his clutches, pressing it up to his ear. He's got his briefcase under one arm and a tray of coffee in that hand. You look a little closer and notice the pattern on the tie he's wearing in the photo... the photo was taken today. You flip over the photo, to see a second and final note.

This is between you and me. Break any of my rules, tell anyone about this, and he dies.

A/N:

Ah! We finally have the first real confrontation between Y/N and Hotch. How y'all feeling about each of them? Are you ready to forgive Hotch? Do you think Y/N is being too professional and forgiving with him? Do you think he's changed? Please. Please. Share your thoughts with me. 

Also, sorry about the delay in getting this part out. I'm just trying to really outline and organize my thoughts for this part of the story. There are just so many ideas I have that I need to figure out how they fit together. I'm hoping to get the next chapter out by the end of the week but I have no clue what plot points I want to include as part of the next chapter. Thanks for always being kind and patient with me.

I love you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 941 16
*college au* y/n is a spunky and rebellious history major at yale university aaron hotchner is her older, much more serious history professor one da...
48.6K 977 11
You're a vital part of the BAU and get along with everyone on the team. Only SSA Hotchner is still very distant and cold towards you. One day, you de...
43.3K 534 33
Aaron Hotchner gets some news about one of his members, Emily Prentiss. Little did the team know, he developed some feelings towards her. As the big...
2.5K 45 4
Having your old professor as your boss wasn't exactly what you planned but with old feelings and fantasies resurfacing, you can't deny the attraction...