The Mastermind's Lies | Maste...

By Kaenito

Cover fanart by @nlize22 on Twitter. Danganronpa is a VR in this AU. • Shuichi is a Danganronpa enthusiast. A... More

Chapter 1 - Loneliness
Chapter 2 - Friendship
Chapter 3 - Addiction
Chapter 4 - The Game
Chapter 5 - Changes
Chapter 6 - Betrayal
Chapter 7 - Misery
Chapter 8 - Alive
Chapter 9 - Shuichi
Chapter 10 - Impossible
Chapter 11 - Confusion
Chapter 12 - Lied To
Chapter 13 - Mansion
Chapter 14 - I'm Sorry
Chapter 15 - Uncle
Chapter 16 - Hajime Hinata
Chapter 17 - The Horrible Truth
Chapter 18 - Piano
Chapter 19 - A Good Action
Chapter 20 - Mistake
Chapter 21 - A Mysterious Man
Chapter 22 - Kaede's Help
Chapter 23 - Fever
Chapter 24 - Sick
Chapter 25 - Worry
Chapter 26 - Concern
Chapter 27 - Souvenirs?
Chapter 28 - The Real Truth
Chapter 29 - A Normal Life?
Chapter 30 - Ambush
Chapter 31 - The Mastermind's Plan
Chapter 32 - Revelation
Chapter 33 - Hope
Chapter 34 - Answers
Chapter 36 - Team Danganronpa
Chapter 37 - Happy [End]

Chapter 35 - Visitor

4.1K 178 316
By Kaenito

SHUICHI POV [

"Shuichi! Hey Shuichi, look here!"

A flash blinded me and I blinked a couple of times, before smiling awkwardly. I felt the hands of the man push me on my back, towards the crowd. I panicked a little as I felt people trying to grab me from everywhere, trying to take pictures of me and even trying to rip some of my hairs out.

When I glanced around to try and find an exit to this madness, as people still tried to grab me for their pictures, I saw him looking at me with an evil smirk.

I frowned and felt tears starting to sting the corners of my eyes.

'I think I'm getting tired...'

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve as I took a shaky deep breath. I had to keep my composure if I wanted to survive the day.

To be honest, even if I were to pass out right here right now, I don't even think I would care. I used to think this would deeply embarass me but now, the floor seemed overly tempting and a little public humiliation would probably scare people away, so that would be much better.

But as much as I wanted to, I couldn't bring myself to do it, especially after seeing Kokichi yesterday.

He was smiling. They were all smiling at me.

Kaito even gave me thumbs up.

I don't know how they found out, but I have no doubts that this was definitely Kokichi's doings. Now that I look back on it, his behaviour with me had been really suspicious lately, especially that time when he came into my room when I was bed ridden.

A month ago, he looked at me with those hurt filled eyes. He was angry and seemed deeply affected by... my actions. I felt my heart squeeze a little when I remembered what I told him. I'll... definitely have to say sorry to him. And not just for that; for everything else too.

But then, his eyes started having that curious glint in them, the same gaze he had during our free times inside the simulation. He no longer glared at me with daggers in his eyes. This had confused me for the longest time, until I saw him yesterday.

'Of course he would find out about this... it's Kokichi after all.'

I mentally smiled at the thought, before I was snapped back to reality by someone pulling my hair, making me wince out in pain.

Please... just let this day end.

[...]

"Here, food for the night. Don't make a sound or you're not getting food tomorrow."

The guard threw me bean bread wrapped in plastic along with a water bottle [Funhouse vibes], before closing the metal door. I heard him lock the multiple locks on the door, before walking away.

'Why the metal door... and the dozens of locks... I can barely even stay awake right now, do they really think I have the strength to open it and escape?'

I sighed and rolled my eyes, before picking up the snack on the floor. I walked to the bed and sat on it, before starting to eat the food, taking my time to savour each piece of it.

They had moved me in a different room the day after they brought me here. It was nicer than the last one; it had a slightly comfier bed, a desk, where they had put some of my case folders that they somehow acquired, and a window. The window was thick and it was surrounded by a kind of metal structure that definitely seemed impossible to even attempt to break. But at least, I could look outside and get some sunlight in the room.

I haven't touched the case folders since I got here. Honestly, just the thought that they had probably gone through my stuff in my room while they got these angered me enough to not want to even look at them. It was probably petty, but with the way they've been treating me, I really don't want to please them by doing what they expected me to do.

And so, I just laid there, on my bed, staring at the ceiling. The hunger pangs were keeping me awake, yet I could constantly feel my eyes getting heavy and wanting to get some rest. I turned on my side and gripped on my pillow, trying to force myself to sleep.

But then, as I closed my eyes, I heard a knock.

But not a metallic knock. It sounded like a knock you heard on windows.

I snapped my eyes open and I felt a strike of anxiety run through my body. I just stood still for a few seconds, processing what had just happened. I sighed after a few moments.

'I think the lack of rest is getting to me...'

I closed my eyes once again. It had definitely been my imagination, there was no way someone was outside the window right now. Plus, this was like, the seventh floor; who in their right mind would climb seven floors to knock on a window?

But then it happened again. And this time, a metallic unlocking sound came along with it.

I twisted around towards the window and what I saw made my eyes widen in horror and surprise.

Kokichi was just standing there, grinning at me. When he saw me staring at him, he waved.

"Hey Shu-shu! Mind helping me?" he whisper-shouted.

A rush of worry, excitement and happiness coursed through my body all at the same time. I stood up, almost tripping on my feet, and walked up to the window.

"Just push the window, I unlocked it but I can't open it on my side."

I nodded and pushed the window, it lifted itself up on the outside and Kokichi had to duck to avoid it. He toom advantage of that moment to dive right under it and into the room. He struggled through the window frame but managed to slip in. But by doing so, he tripped and fell on me, bringing me to the floor along with him.

He fell on top of me with a choked laugh. As we were both regaining our senses, he quickly placed his hands on each side of my head and lifting himself up so that he was looking down on me. It reminded me of the way he woke me up after Gonta had knocked me out in the game. He giggled.

"Good evening Shuichi!"

I couldn't help but laugh as he grinned at me. He got off of me and helped me up. But then, realization hit me on what was currently happening and I started to panic.

"Wait but Kokichi! What the hell are you doing here?? You're going to get caught!"

He sat on my bed and grabbed the cap that I had put on my nightstand a few minutes ago. He twirled it around by the hole at the back and smirked. He waved a hand at me and huffed.

"Pff, are you underestimating me Shumai? I got many tricks up my sleeve y'know? Like..."

He got the small backpack he had been carrying off his back and plunged a hand in it. I sat besides him on the bed and gasped when I saw what he pulled out next.

"This!!" he shouted, as he held a bright pink colored bomb, with a clown mask painted on it.

"What?! W-where did you get this?"

"Cock sucker made them. She's pretty reliable when she wants to be."

I stood there in shock as he stared at me with a wide excited grin. He went on with the explanation to his flawless plan.

"I used these bombs to deactivate the lock on your window, along with that filthy camera behind you! Now, we have about 30 minutes before the effects dissipate and everything goes back to normal."

"The bombs don't last forever?"

"Nope! Miu didn't have the materials to make it exactly as the ones we used in the game, but it's still pretty cool! Probably the best invention she made up until now with those dick rubbing hands of her!"

"So you still call Miu those... explicit names huh..."

Kokichi did one of his horse giggles, before latching himself onto my arm and looking up at me with a big grin on his face. I felt my face heat up as he inched himself closer.

"Y'know, I missed you Shuichi. The house kinda feels empty without you."

"I know that's a lie..." I said with a laugh.

Kokichi smiled. "Nope! That wasn't a lie just now! It's all~ true!"

"What? But that's not possible... unless..."

Kokichi's face suddenly changed and he looked at me straight in the eyes. His eyes held a confident and hopeful glint, completely empty of malice.

"When I first found out something was wrong, that night when I saw you talk to that  tall lanky weirdo outside, I only told Kaede. But I told the others just recently about it, just after you were... kidnapped, by those filthy idiots."

He smiled at me. It was a genuine, warm smile, filled with kindess and warmth.

It was the same smile that made my heart flutter the first time I saw it, in that park a while ago.

"But they all forgive you now, y'know? Everyone's on your side and really wishes to get you back so that they can finally talk to you."

The entire world had seemed to freeze for a second as I took in the information he just told me.

Then, I felt the emotions slowly overwhelm me, and before I knew it, tears were spilling down my cheeks. I felt arms snake their way around my chest, slowly settling around it and hugging me close. He buried his face in my chest, his hair tingling my neck. I laid my face on his hair and hugging him back, squeezing him as close to me as I can.

"Thank you... thank you so much Kokichi..."

As a response to that, he nestled even further in my arms, rubbing my back as I cried onto him, my tears sliding down my cheeks and onto his head, mixing with his hair.

"Anything for my beloved Shuichi."

I can't even count the amount of time we stayed in each others' arms like this, but if I could, I think I would have stayed forever. The warmth, the comfort, it was all perfect, it was all I ever wanted, it was all I ever needed.

Kokichi pulled away and for a second there, I wanted to just pull him back into a hug.

He grabbed my face with his hands, his thumbs slowly caressing my cheeks and wiping the tears away.

"I have a plan to get you out of these monsters' grip for good. You just have to trust me, m'kay?"

I nodded. "I'll always trust you Kokichi."

He grinned, before he leaned forward and pressed a kiss on my forehead. When he pulled away, he started packing up everything he'd gotten out of his backpack.

Maybe it was the lack of food, maybe it was the sleep deprivation that made me act so uncharacteristically, but I found myself grabbing his face back and pulling him into a kiss.

He seemed surprised at first, but slowly, he melted and kissed me back.

When we pulled away, we were both breathless. He giggled, before taking his backpack and swinging it on his back.

"Kissing me like this just as I'm about to leave? That's so mean of you Shu-shu!"

I found myself panicking slightly.

"U-um, I'm so sorry Kokichi, I should have asked beforeha-"

"It was fine, and I was teasing you at first so that you would kiss me, so I guess it worked!~"

He winked at me playfully as I rolled my eyes. 'Of course he'd do that.'

"Well, I've got go leave now! I've got two minutes before I get locked in here!"

"Huh?! Well, come on, go before you get caught!"

He giggled as he walked towards the window and opened it up. He slipped himself through the frame and looked back at me one more time.

"Tomorrow, you're going to be in Central town. Make sure to still be there at 3 P.M. alright?~"

I lifted an eyebrow in confusion. He just grinned back at me.

"Sure, I'll definitely be there."

"Great! Bye now Shuichi! See you tomorrow!~"

And just before I could ask anymore questions, the window closed and he disappeared below. I heard a beeping sound come from the cameras and I heard the window's automatic lock sound.

I sighed and sat back down on the bed. Once again, I laid on the mattress and rested my head on the pillow. I could still feel the lingering warmth of Kokichi's embrace on my body.

'Well... tomorrow sure sounds promising now...' I thought as I closed my eyes, darkness taking over my consciousness.

-
I suck at writing fluff and kissing and stuff, I'm so sorry. But I hope this was still good. Anyways, thank you for your patience, I've been overly busy for the past few weeks but I finally got the time to write this chapter. I'll see you guys next week, have a good evening and goodnight!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 427 30
Kokichi and Shuichi remember the killing game. How will it effect their originally normal lives when their ingame and pregame personalities are merge...
2.2K 163 27
→ "What if the gofer project had gone right? " It's a crazy new world, everything is different from what we humans know of. To think 64 years after...
1.2K 84 13
He made it. He escaped the endless torture. He could finally live a normal life after years of being a rat in a laboratory. But freedom is only an il...
68.2K 1.9K 21
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️ -child neglect -bullying -homophobia -dark thoughts -anxiety -ED -abuse -intrusive thoughts? -swearing(canon language) {non-desp...