Aesthete

By kaywritingbooks

This story is about an OC character of mine, Florence Reyna is an American transfer student molded to become... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1
Chapter 33 - Bakugo 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3
Chapter 36 - Bakugo 4
Bakugo Birthday Special
Chapter 39 - Izuku 1
Chapter 40 - Izuku 2
Chapter 41 - Izuku 3
Chapter 42 - Izuku 4
Chapter 43 - Izuku 5
Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6
Chapter 45 - Bakugo 7
Chapter 46 - Kaminari
Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8
Chapter 48 - Jirou
Chapter 49 - Bakugo 9
Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10
Closing Note.

Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5

167 7 9
By kaywritingbooks

"Give me your stupid case, I'll be waiting on the bus." Bakugo muttered, taking my things as he boarded the vehicle, disappointment etched onto his face the entire time.

I sighed, wishing that I could find some way to make him feel better, since he found out he would have to take remedial courses to receive his license, he wasn't as hostile but there was still a seething rage to him when he spoke to Denki and Kirishima.

I looked at my card, chuckling at my beaming face when they took the picture. My hero name was written on it and I turned to see Izuku sniffling while he proudly showed off his card to Uraraka.

"Kid." Shota beckoned me to him and I couldn't fight how over-the-moon I was. I ran, throwing my arms around him as I buried my head in his lower chest, "Mom's gonna be so proud of me!" I cried out in happiness, and he agreed, "I'm proud of you earning it the way you did, I'm still shocked that you're the first student who got a perfect score on the final phase."

I blushed, pulling away as I waved my hand through the air in embarrassment, "Well, I only performed well because I have the best teacher showing me the heroic ways," I teased, giving him a slight jab to his ribs. He rolled his eyes, "Still as corny as ever, why do I let you visit my office whenever you want snacks?"

"You're the one who continues to buy brownies for me, mister, if you really had an issue, you'd ban me from the teacher's lounge, too." He chuckled at my words, but then grew serious.

"I have a feeling you're involved with the problem child."

I stared down, carrying the expression of a child who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. "So, are you?" Shota persisted, arms crossed as he analyzed my reaction. I bit the inside of my cheek, eyes flitting around him as I finally answered.

"What's the right answer?"

"Just be careful, Florence. If he hurts you, I'm obligated to act as your guardian."

"Sir, yes, sir." I gave him a salute, and we both entered the bus. I shuffled to the last row, sitting beside Bakugo as his fingers interlaced through mine. I knew he wasn't the publicly affectionate type, and I was grateful because I would probably perish if he was. Since no one could really get a proper view of us here, he took to bringing my hand in his lap, fingers tracing over the scar on my wrist as he glared out the window.

"Wanna talk?" I offered, but he only shook his head. He surprised me when he began glancing around the bus, Shota was facing away from us, talking to the bus driver and nobody else had ventured onboard yet. He grabbed my chin, giving me a light kiss on my lips as I blushed, shoving his head away.

"Pft, you better feel good after that, idiot." I whispered, giving him a slight wink as he rolled his eyes.

His hands were running up and down my arm and my heart warmed at the notion that touching me could bring him comfort somehow. It was ruined when Denki got on the bus and began cheering, waving his license around as Bakugo yelled at him to go die. Bakugo dropped my arm, shooting Denki the finger as he sauntered over to the seat in front of us and dangled his body between the leather, giving us a knowing smile.

"What's going on with you and Florence, Bakugo?"

I stiffened, leaning away from the boy with golden eyes as Bakugo scowled, "Nothing, Dunce Face, now mind your business and turn around."

"Is this true, angel?" I shifted my eyes from Bakugo to Denki, rolling them as I snickered. "It is accurate indeed, nothing is transpiring between this blonde cactus and my amazing self," I spoke in a faux eloquent manner, feeling Katsuki move his foot to kick mine.

Kaminari whooped as he shot off another demand, "So, to celebrate us both getting our licenses, let's go on a date then." I saw the way Sero and Kirishima shared a glance, and I shrunk further into my seat.

"Say some shit like that again and I'll make you short-circuit." I wasn't surprised at Bakugo's threat, but I wondered if it was empty or carried real meaning. I nervously laughed, patting his shoulder to help alleviate the waves of irritation that rolled from his aura.

"You see, Sero, you owe me ten bucks."

"Huh?" Katsuki and I both broke out, turning to scowl at each other.

"Wow, Bakubro, you couldn't even tell me!" That was Kirishima.

"So, I can't ask Florence to be my girlfriend and confess my love and have a forbidden romance while we both battle our inner demons and go against the world together?" That was Sero.

I slapped my hand over my mouth, laughing loudly as I leaned my head forward and pressed it against the material of the bus seats. I felt an arm stretching over my back, it was Bakugo hovering over me to reach Sero and attempt to murder him.

"Bakugo, I'm only partially joking!" Sero attempted to defend himself as I heard the crackling of Katsuki's palms, signaling that he was very serious about exploding the human tape dispenser. I raised my head, swinging my arm back to shove Bakugo back in his seat.

"No fighting, ladies, there's plenty of me to go around." I teased, feeling the deep glowering from my boyfriend.

He dropped his voice so only I could hear him, "This is our first day together and you already wanna get dumped?"

"Maybe." But, I realized that the boys weren't looking at us anymore, so I slipped my hand into his. "I love you." I whispered, watching his face turn slightly pink as he kept his narrowed eyes facing out into the sunset. I watched the glow of the fading day cast the most radiant shadows along his face, creating highlights that made him seem like he was crafted straight from the gods and goddesses.

Such a beautiful boy.

We arrived back home, all of us getting off the bus to stretch our exhausted muscles. I ran up to the steps into our dorm building, yelling for my mom to show off my new license.

Her head poked out from the kitchen and she gave me a huge grin, "I made dinner for all you guys to celebrate!" I ran to her, giving her my card as she took a picture, sending it to my sisters.

"I'm so proud of you, Flo." I blushed at her words, giving her a hug while she dragged me to help her serve the food for my classmates.

"Annalise, guess what? I got my license and Bakugo didn't!" Mina told my mom, arms already latched to her waist while my mother congratulated her. She frowned slightly, eyes scanning Bakugo's scowling expression and they seemed to communicate with their eyes, both of them looking away at once as he nodded and hung his head in shame.

What's that all about?

I huffed, listening to all my friends beg for my mother's praise while I began handing out plates of steaming Mexican food. My mother had caught an early flight back to America tonight, so after we ate, Shota would drive her to the airport and we would say our goodbyes for now. That's why she went out of her way to prepare this grand buffet of food from our culture because Denki, Izuku, Kirishima, and Hagakure had been begging for her cooking.

Koda and I opened the fridge, taking out the cake that we worked hard to make, while we set it on the table. Denki was flirting with my mom while she smacked his head and threatened to not give him food if he continued. Everyone was getting settled in when I served a small portion for myself, sitting between my mother and Izuku.

"Miss, your daughter doesn't want to date me!" Sero whined, and I coughed on my enchilada, taking the cup of water that Izuku handed to me. Bakugo was sitting opposite of me so I felt his heated glare towards the raven-haired boy who sat next to my mother. Mina and Uraraka gave each other a devious look, grinning to themselves as they met my gaze. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what the hell my idiotic friends were up to.

"She can't date you, you're not her soulmate, kid."

"Soulmate?!" I yelped out, keeping my eyes glued to the plate in front of me while my friends began talking excitedly, demanding that my mother elaborate.

She laughed, setting her fork down as she prepared to speak. I wonder what's she's going to say.

"You kids should know of my quirk. It's called Premonition and I can see events that'll happen in my dreams, sometimes I get ideas like timing and specific details but other times it's just a gist. Before Florence went missing, I had already scheduled a flight to come here because of a dream I had. The thing is, I only saw her soulmate realizing his feelings for her so they began dating, I didn't see that she would be kidnapped. I had a dream when I was at the airport, waiting for my flight. That's when I saw her getting kidnapped, but I knew she would be fine. Anyways, I know who her soulmate is and unfortunately, it's not you, Sero. I'm sorry, anyways yeah that was the whole point of that."

I stared at my mother, stunned. SHE KNEW BAKUGO'S MY SOULMATE AND SHE DIDN'T TELL ME? My mouth was agape, and I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that my mother saw how I would end up with him and she couldn't even warn me.

"Unfortunately?!" Bakugo barked out, and Izuku giggled nervously. Mina and Uraraka began squealing, both of them holding hands as they wriggled in their seats. Shoto looked completely lost by the conversation and Sero and Denki were just groaning, pretending to be in pain.

"So, who's her soulmate, Miss Reyna?" Todoroki questioned, and I could only glare, wishing he hadn't asked.

"Close your mouth, ugly, flies will get in." Bakugo told me casually, arm reaching out to shut my jaw for me.

"Who do you think?" My mother responded to Shoto, eyes flitting to Bakugo as she gave a warm smile.

She does like him. My heart grew warm with her approval, and I finally closed my mouth, picking up my fork to begin eating again.

"I think it's me."

I choked, truly feeling bits of food lodged in my throat this time as I scrambled for a drink, Izuku patted my back sympathetically while Hagakure shrieked, causing Bakugo to hurl insults to the "IcyHot bastard who thinks he's all that."

"It was a joke, Bakugo." Todoroki said quietly, he was already dragged by his collar while Denki and Sero roared with laughter, Kirishima was trying to placate the blonde and I swatted at Dark Shadow, who was using the opportunity to steal my food. I have a family full of idiots.

I stared at the night sky, feeling the fullness of my stomach as all my classmates and I were gathered outside Heights Alliance. My mother was putting her last bags of luggage into the car as Aizawa waited by the driver's door. I frowned, uncomfortable with the idea that my mother would be leaving. Now more than ever, we had gotten close and began to open up to each other, understanding our past and speaking about our feelings helped close any loose ties that made me feel like I would drift away. My mother was my anchor, grounding me to sanity when she would reassure me after every nightmare, staying up to make tea and help me fall back asleep. My friends were also attached to her, Mina, Uraraka, Momo, Hagakure, Denki, Izuku, and Sero were surrounding her, giving her hugs as she handed out her phone for them all to put their contacts in, promising she'd check up on them and come to their aid if they needed anything.

I noticed Shoto was trying to speak to my mother, eyes searching for a moment to slip in. I walked to him, grabbing his shoulder and pulling Mina aside while I pressed him to speak to her. My mom brightened when she saw Shoto, bringing him in for a hug as he returned it, releasing a small smile that made my chest feel light. I could imagine what he must be thinking when he sees my mom interacting with everyone, and I knew that he grew quite comfortable with her, it was in the moments that he would ask her simple questions for the sake of hearing her reply, or how he blushed or grew mildly excited when she made his favorite food, keeping the temperature cold because she knew it was his preference. It was small, seemingly insignificant things like that that my mother did best, she showed her love in tiny gestures, not in grand actions or powerful words.

Shoto moved aside, and Bakugo approached her. I watched, smiling slightly at the way she flicked his forehead and tugged on his shoulders. He stooped to her height, giving her a brief hug. She was speaking to him in a low tone so I figured it was too private to allow anyone to intrude. He gave her a smirk, eyes darting to me as the half-smile grew. I rolled my eyes, flipping the finger before my mother began making her way towards me.

"Florence."

"I know, you don't wanna cry and all that stuff, but it's okay. I'm going to miss you, Mom." Her eyes watered as she nodded, engulfing me in her embrace as I sighed, squeezing my eyes shut and enjoying the moment.

"You will forever be the greatest thing I know." My lips trembled at her words, they tugged on my heartstrings the way a violinist would to her violin.

"I love you, thank you so much for everything. Please come back with Isabella and Catalina, I want them to meet all of 1-A."

"I love you too, kid. You and that cute brat look good together." I pulled away, giving her a confused look as she deadpanned, "Oh come on, you guys are so in love it makes me want to puke." I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"Sure, you're acting like you don't check out Aizawa." My mother's mouth fell open before closing to scowl at me, she neared the car that would take her away from me, from us.

I waved, and she did the same to all of us, my friends screaming their farewells as I leaned against Uraraka. My eyes watered but I shoved down the sadness, this goodbye was different.

There was no hurt, no dismissal, or regret. It was pure and complete, a parting that left no parties in pain.

The car went beyond the gates of U.A and I turned, ready to walk inside but my vision found the two boys who stood apart from the rest.

Bakugo's eyes were glued to Izuku in a deadly serious manner. He muttered something that caused the other boy's green eyes to widen as he looked at him in fear. Izuku just stayed silent, eyes staring beyond as they met mine. I was frozen, observing the interaction while my mind roamed over what could cause Izuku to look so terrified of the blonde. Sighing, I turned away, walking towards the inside of our building.

I was pressing the elevator button, wanting it to close so I could just be alone in my room. Deja vu struck me when a fair-skinned hand stuck itself between the doors, wedging it apart.

I looked away, closing my eyes as he entered and the elevator carried us upwards. I felt his hand pull my cheek as he spoke, "What's got you so quiet?"

"What did you tell Izuku back there? I saw you."

"That's between me and him." His tone wasn't cruel or dismissive, just sincere.

"Alright." He grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly but I didn't return the gesture. I wasn't upset, but I only anticipated something I knew was going to happen.

Him and Midoriya were going to talk about One for All. That much I was certain of, but I had no idea whether the discussion would be pleasant or violent. I frowned, hoping that it was the former but my heart knew it was the latter.

I stepped out the elevator, feeling him trail behind me. I arrived at my dorm that would now be resident to just one person as I reached for the door knob, turning to look at Bakugo one more time.

"I won't ever press you about your feelings, but come to me when you're ready." He nodded at my words, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thanks for not being pushy about it," his voice was soft, contemplative towards a million things that I couldn't understand.

-

"Where am I?" I spoke, feeling the gravel of road beneath my feet. The air was cold, and the moon casted an eerie glow, nothing like the soothing hues I would typically feel by it.

"Are you ready, Florence Reyna?" His voice glued me to my spot. It was like a faucet had turned on, tears were pouring down my face so rapidly that I couldn't even swipe them off my cheeks. I sobbed, grabbing at my stomach that now felt like it was ablaze.

All for One's voice would never leave my head. It was a tone that could ignite horror from millions, one that would reverberate through my mind at my weakest for the rest of my life.

He laughed, and I felt the blood slipping from my mouth and the scar along my neck. The glistening red would slither off my fingertips and splatter on the rubble below me.

"Will you be able to save them when the time comes?" I whipped my head, screaming as I saw the way he held Izuku and Katsuki by their throats, the life draining slowly from them as my shrieks only grew. I was running for an infinity, but it felt like my feet never touched the ground properly.

My hand was extended outwards, begging against all odds to reach them. Right when my fingertips grazed the gauntlets of Bakugo's hero costume and the gloves of Izuku's, the scene changed.

I was curled on the floor, eyes wide open watching my four best friends sob over my body. I looked down, watching my bones stick out in all directions, piercing through the skin as muscle revealed. I shifted my gaze back on them, hearing the villain's cold voice once more.

"You'll save them, but at what cost?"

I gasped, hands flying under my shirt as I felt the rough scar from Shigaraki. My breathing was rapid and sporadic, head throbbing from the pain of my nightmare. I groaned, standing up as I scanned the bed for my mother.

That's right, she left. Tears pooled at the corner of my eyes but I dismissed them, opening the door to the balcony as I stepped out, glancing at the nature surrounding our home. My eyes drifted to the balcony that I knew connected to Bakugo's room. It  was only a floor below mine, and if I swung in a diagonal manner, I could reach it easily. I climbed on the railings, summoning a vine to curl to Bakugo's railing as it latched around my waist. I was preparing to jump when I saw a thin figure running along the road, heading towards Ground Beta.

I shifted the vine to swing me out towards the running man as I flipped through the air, landing perfectly in front of him.

I heard a deep yelp, and I looked to see his sunken face.

"All Might." I greeted quietly, lowering my head slightly in apology for the way I scared him.

"Young Reyna, follow me, Young Bakugo and Young Midoriya are currently fighting at Ground Beta." My eyes widened at his words, "Huh?" I squeaked out, and we both beginning running towards the area.

"Sir, why are they fighting?" I wheezed, the cold air finding its way to my lungs.

"They have a heavy past with each other, it's about time they finally face off with all of their issues, it'll be easier to move forward if that gets done." I agreed, and we were reaching the beginnings of the makeshift city as I heard yelling from the two boys I was closest to.

We were getting closer, but I stopped suddenly, and All Might grew concerned, turning around to look at me.

"What's wrong, Young Reyna?"

I could already hear what Bakugo was screaming about. He was hurt, livid, shattered that All Might chose Izuku as the holder of One for All instead of him, he was ridden with guilt, sobbing about how his number one hero lost his powers because I took his place, his remorseful tone made my heart bleed. I sighed when I heard his next screams.

"Why did she take my place? Why did we leave her behind, Deku? Did you see what she looked like when we got there? It's all my fault! I hate it!"

"Go on without me, All Might. This isn't my place to get involved, even if he won't admit it, he trusts Izuku so much, that's why he's opening up to him. Maybe you can help him realize that he has no blame in what happened." My tone was admitting defeat, it showed no form of holding up a fight.

Katsuki was suffering mentally, and I understood well enough to know what that was like. I, too, lived with the guilt of All Might's retirement everyday. I began walking in the direction opposite of Ground Beta, hearing All Might's footsteps fade away. I reached the bridge where I saw Koi fish, and I climbed the ledge, getting comfortable in my seating that allowed my legs to dangle off the bridge. The explosions and loud crashes had stopped so I knew All Might intervened, but my eyes were still burning at Bakugo's words.

After fifteen minutes, I heard footsteps approaching me. I shrugged away the memories of Dabi, Toga, and Shigaraki as I flipped away from the railings, heading back to my dorm. I didn't know if I could handle a conversation with any of the three males nearing me.

"Young Reyna, do you feel guilty as well?"

I paused, only moving my neck to see him in my peripheral vision. All Might, previous holder of One for All and mentor to Izuku Midoriya. How could I admit that the night at Kamino Ward ate away my insides? That nothing could dismiss the remorse I constantly felt?

"You shouldn't worry, All Might." I faced them, only focusing on the blue-eyed man who looked beyond exhausted. "I've accepted that things cannot be undone." The lie flowed through my teeth so easily, I turned back around, ignoring the way Bakugo breathed out my name quietly.

I entered through the back, avoiding Aizawa who was waiting to castigate the boys. I found myself on Bakugo's floor instead, walking to the door of his room as I sunk to the ground and sat cross-legged. I began counting, a tactic I found that would help me whenever my mind wanted to stray to dark crevices that would only bring harm.

602. 603. 604.

"Come in." Bakugo opened the door, and arms tucked under mine, lifting me upwards as I shuffled inside. My hand instinctively reached to turn the light switch on, and his room became illuminated as I realized this was my first time inside his dorm. He had a black-toned room, his sheets, curtains and some decor was all the same raven color. He had one All Might poster, at first glance I knew it was a limited edition one but my eyes noticed the single frame that stood atop his desk.

The photo was cut, and only he and I were in it, a playful smile donned me as my arm had yanked Bakugo to the point where he practically pressed against my face, he wasn't smiling but he wasn't frowning either. His face only looked adorably surprised. Our gym uniforms were wrinkled as I recalled how we both won first and second place in the Sports Festival. My hand touched the frame gently, and I sighed.

He was behind me, arms slung around my hips as he pressed kisses along my shoulders.

"Can I stay here tonight? I had a nightmare."

He hummed, and I took that as a yes. Pulling away from him, I tugged his hand as I crawled into the bed, lifting his soft blanket over me. I pressed my face against the pillow as I smiled.

"You're not gonna ask about my fight with Deku?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"It's not my business, Bakugo. I'm just glad you resolved whatever has been eating at you."

"And have you?"

"Hm?"

"Have you resolved what's eating at you?"

"I will one day."

"Can I be there for you?" His gruff, low tone was soothing as his fingers slid under my shirt, tracing along the large scar I received from Shigaraki.

"Of course you can, we're soulmates, according to my mother."

"Can I get a refund from the universe?"

"Trust me, I asked the same thing and God told me to go to hell." He laughed, giving me that rarity of a smile.

"You're ugly."

"So are you."

His lips met mine as we kissed, sweet and slow. He peppered multiple along my forehead and nose as his arms pulled me to lay against his chest.

"I love you."

"Ditto, Katsuki."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 9.5K 56
Jung kook tried to kill Taehyung and he made the stupidest mistake a sniper would ever make; bringing his homework to the targeted area. *its a crin...
2.9K 80 13
Sir Nighteye x Oc story! There ain't enough Nighteye stories on here so imma write my own! Hope u enjoy!
20.7K 484 23
I, Soo-Ae was an ordinary korean girl that lived with my strict grandma. Until my grandma passed away, poured my anger on the author who had ended t...
153K 4.6K 76
Hydra, a mysterious woman who Bakugou didn't know will get his attention so much... as a rival, and as someone he can't even forget... and it irritat...