Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 96

250 18 8
By Veikari

Making plans quickly turned into just hanging out and having fun after they had decided all the mages who came to their aid would leave to Naava Town in next morning. It was a rare moment when they could hang out together and Freed smiled when looking at his guild mates while leaning against the bar counter.

"Thank you, Mira", he said when Mirajane brought him a cup of tea.

"You're welcome, Freed", Mirajane smiled. "It's so lively here again, don't you think? If only Yuidose and his men weren't plotting to attack somewhere..."

"We will catch him", Freed assured. "And everything will be back to normal again. At least for a while. I've come to notice that things like these always happen when there has been peaceful time for a few years."

"That might be true", Mirajane chuckled. "So where's Laxus?"

"On the second floor at furthest corner lying on a couch. He says it's to loud here, yet when I suggest he could stay in the office, he declines. He wants to be alone without being alone."

"That sounds like Laxus. Tell me if you need anything."

"I will", Freed nodded, took his cup of tea and went to stairs.

He climbed up on the second floor, walked past some tables where a few of their guild mates were talking to each other and he walked to the other side of the big balcony. It was probably the quietest place in the guild hall and Laxus and the Thunder Legion favored this place because of that reason. But for now, there was only Laxus who was lying on a long couch which was against the wall, hardly even paying attention when Freed was coming closer.

"I told you to go to the office if you want to sleep", the rune mage reminded and he put his teacup on the small side table next to the couch.

Laxus just grumbled, not opening his eyes but he moved himself so Freed could sit down. When he was seated, the Thunder God laid his head on his lap.

"I'm not trying to sleep", he grunted. "I'm just being lazy."

"I can see that", Freed said taking his cup again, while his other hand gently touched the soft blond hair. "Felix thought you were sleeping."

"I noticed. He took my coat."

"They're having so much fun", Freed chuckled when looking down. Felix was carrying the huge coat over his shoulders, though it made him mostly just stumble over all the time. Chester on the other hand had Bickslow's visor, trying to see something behind it and Vellanja had Gajeel's gloves, even though they were too big for her.

Laxus smirked slightly.

"Yeah, I watched them", he said. "They can play tonight as much as they want, tomorrow will probably be scary for them."

"Because?"

"Once we find out where Yuidose is, we're going after him. Except you, Levy and the kids of course. Gramps will stay will you guys and depending where Yuidose is, we'll decide where you will go so it's safe."

Freed looked down and this time he met the orange eyes staring at him. They had that adamant glare which told Freed Laxus would not give in with this. He huffed.

"I assume that's your final word?" he asked.

"I'm glad you noticed that."

"So is your plan to leave right away when Ketkel tells us what he knows?"

"As soon as possible."

"And what if he doesn't know where Yuidose is?"

"Dunno, we'll figure out something."

"Your never fail to amaze me with your intricate plans."

"We'll just see what happens once Ketkel is here", Laxus grunted letting Freed's taunt slide pass.

"I suppose right now that's all we can do", Freed had to agree, sipping his tea.

They heard something downstairs, something that didn't sound the usual quarreling or chatter. Laxus sat up and Freed put down the cup, they both standing up and stepping closer to the railing. It looked like others had gathered around Felix, Chester and Vellanja.

"What are they doing?" Laxus frowned.

"I don't know", Freed muttered. It seemed like the kids had found something.

"I swear, if they've found another creature, we're not gonna -"

"I don't think that's the case", Freed said and they started walking towards the stairs. "But we better check out what it is."

They went downstairs, hearing others wondering too what was going on.

"Excuse me", Freed said politely when passing Wendy and Sherria.

"Fuck off", Laxus grunted pushing Rufus out of his way.

"I wasn't even in your way", the memory mage huffed his blond hair ruffled and straightening his hat.

"Really? I guess my hand just slipped."

"For real, after so many years -"

"Just let the old bastard be and slurp your tea", Orga smirked amused.

Laxus decided he didn't hear that first part and instead they looked with Freed and many others what Felix, Chester and Vellanja had found.

"They're bugs", Happy gagged disapprovingly.

"Looks like dragonflies", Levy said interested, inspecting the one Vellanja was holding on her arm.

"I found it under the table", the girl smiled.

"I found mine behind the bar counter", Chester said pulling the heavy visor up from his face.

"I found one sitting on the windowsill", Felix said and he quickly came to show his dragonfly to Freed and Laxus.

Both got closer, looking at the white bug. It had glimmering wings which flickered a bit, but other than that it wasn't moving on Felix' hand.

"I don't like them", Gajeel growled suspiciously. "Swat it off."

"No! It's beautiful", Vellanja said immediately.

"It's a bug."

"Yeah? So?"

"It's a bug..."

"Your argument is not valid", Vellanja decided, standing tall against her father who stared back. Then he looked at Levy who giggled.

"But they're white", Lucy said and she was confused, looking at the dragonfly Chester was showing to them closer. "Is that normal?"

"Are they magical?" Natsu asked. "Like, if we give them food and they would grow big and then we could eat them?"

"I don't think dragonflies work that way... Even if they were magical..."

"Ice dragonflies?" Gray suggested interested and Lyon nodded.

"That could certainly be possible", he agreed.

"That doesn't exactly sound possible", Lucy sighed.

"Baby ice dragons?" Yuka said with a serious voice.

"Ooh! That must be it!" Toby yelled excitedly.

"No it's not!" Lucy snapped.

"Magical baby ice dragons that will grow up big and then we can have a feast!" Elfman shouted his conclusion.

"That's just absurd", Evergreen tisked.

"It sounds awesome!" Bickslow cackled.

"Let's have a feast! More booze now!" Bacchus laughed.

"Let's have a feast!" Makarov immediately agreed and others cheered.

"Sir, I think you've had enough", Kvestor said, cleaning the table beside him.

"Mira! Start preparing food and booze!" Makarov just said looking at Mirajane who chuckled.

"Right away", she promised and just like that they were already planning a party.

"I've never seen white dragonflies", Freed said and he carefully took the dragonfly from Felix' hand on his finger. "If only one of them were white, that wouldn't necessarily be so unusual. Sometimes it happens that some bugs do lack pigmentation, but I'm not sure if they would be this white even then. To all three of them being white, they were all found here and at the same time..."

Erza's eyes flashed and she looked around the hall.

"Check the whole guild house", she commanded. "See if you can find any more of them."

They were surprised and confused, but every one of them started moving quickly forgetting the party plans for now.

"Look behind every single corner", Laxus said. He had a hunch of what Erza was thinking.

"Check behind every item, inside every closet and under every furniture", Erza reminded. "We better turn this whole place upside down immediately!"

-----------------------------------------------

Almost 100 chapters! I don't know why but it's making me soooo nervous! T^T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1K 43
After getting out of a toxic relationship, Lucy Heartfilia goes home to Magnolia to escape California and memories of her old boyfriend. Is it a coi...
245K 4.6K 21
Its mating season for the dragon slayers and Natsu is feeling things for a certain someone. Will they complete the mating process? If they do what wi...
178K 3.9K 52
Gajeel is assigned to spy on Raventail for Master Makarov when he finds Ivan's little secret. Ivan's daughter, Maylene Dreyar, and poor Maylene is af...
1.7K 6 40
So I tried to write a million stories, but this has been in the works for a while. This story is 18+. Most of the fairy tale characters will be in th...