Maki Harukawa x female reader...

By ch1ak1n4n4m1

Maki Harukawa x female reader! This one is quite a bit longer than my other story (which i'm so grateful for... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

4

3.6K 108 145
By ch1ak1n4n4m1

Y/n gets to her dorm, she doesn't do much for the rest of the day, mostly just looking over the survivor's perk. What even is this thing? What did he survive?

Nighttime comes.. there's not much she can do. Maki would probably get mad at her if she snuck around at night. She doesn't even bother changing out of her clothes, she just puts the Monopad on the table and lies down in bed on her side, she falls asleep fairly quick, thinking about who could possibly be the mastermind.

It's around 7am, Y/n woke up early and just decided to walk around for a little bit. She sits on the stairs that lead up to the other dorms, reading the survivor perk over and over again. No matter how much she tries she just can't make sense of it, so, she decides to ask Rantaro about it himself.

He answers pretty quickly, he was obviously already awake.

"Y/n? Do you need something?"

"I'm.. sorry. For taking this." She hands him the Monopad. "It was just out on the open.. I couldn't help it. I'm really sorry."

Rantaro just stares at it for a second. "Don't worry about it. I mean, it's your talent after all, to look into things, find out all the secrets. You're probably pretty confused after looking at it, yeah?"

Y/n nods slowly. "Why did you get this? What did you do to win it?"

"I can't answer that.. because I honestly don't know. I remember the Ultimate Hunt, that's about it. Other than that I don't remember any more than you do."

"What's the Ultimate Hunt?"

"..It's nothing to worry about. You'll find out soon enough.. I trust that you can. If I know anything for certain, I know you're not the mastermind. If you were, what would be the point of taking this, investigating it, then giving it back and asking loads of questions?" He chuckles

"Everyone else believes it's me.. I don't think they like me much."

"Well.. that doesn't matter, because they're wrong, right? They won't actually do anything without proper evidence. You should be more worried about the actual mastermind coming for you."

"..Would they really? If everyone thinks it's me.. it draws suspicion off them."

"..." Rantaro thinks for a second. "Yeah.. you're probably right. But still, you shouldn't let your guard down."

"Of course not. I'm not stupid." She chuckles

"Well.. maybe that'll be your downfall. I've.. bothered you enough. It'll be morning soon. Do we agree to not speak about this again? Or at least not around the others."

"Agreed. I'll see you later."

"Yeah.."

Rantaro closes the door, and Y/n goes back to her room.

About half an hour passes and the morning announcement finally plays. Y/n heads to the dining hall where the rest of the students are.

"Good morning Y/n. You look worn out, are you alright?" Kirumi asks.

"Thank you for asking, but I'm okay. Just tired."

"Really? I'm feeling great! Man, this place can be nice without Monokuma around!" Kokichi says. "Even though Y/n is here, but it's alright! Because she's not annoying like Monokuma!"

"Nyeh.. I slept well last night. You shouldn't be worrying so much, Y/n." Himiko smiles

"Wow Himiko! You give such good advice! You're amazing!" Tenko squeals, it's really sweet watching Tenko and Himiko.

"But.. when someone coming to get us?" Gonta asks

"Whoever comes, I'm sure they'll come today. There's no need to worry." Keebo says

"..." Rantaro stares at the wall.

"Why the long face?" Ryoma says.

"It's nothing. I was just thinking.."

"About what?" Tsumugi says

"Really.. it's nothing. This is.. quite the happy ending."

"Is this really how it ends though? I mean.. is it really this easy?" Kaede says

"Perhaps, do you wish the killing game continued?" Korekiyo says

"N-No.. not at all-"

"Then don't ruin our happy moment you fuckin' skank!" Miu shouts

"Uhm.. I want to hear what Y/n thinks." Shuichi says, quite quietly.

"What? Why?" Y/n asks

"Last time we asked.. you.. were quite smart about what you were saying.. it's your Ultimate Talent after all.." He doesn't say it confidently, like he regrets it the second he says it. "And if you're the mastermind you'll say something to convince us to continue the killing game.."

Everyone looks at Y/n.

"Uhm.. if you want my honest opinion.. I think something's definitely off. This whole place is so.. big. How could anyone keep this secret from the government or the police? It's not possible. Someone would have found us by now. Maybe, the police and government are in on it.. or maybe.. there's nobody to stop us."

"What do you mean.!?" Kaito asks

"I'm just putting theories out there.. I'm sure they aren't right.. but.. it's always good to think about every possibility, right?"

"Hey, I don't know what you're so worried about. Wether or not what you say is true, it doesn't matter! Monokuma is gone, so the killing game is gone too!" Kokichi says, but just as he does, Monokuma appears.

"...What?" Kokichi says, looking shocked.

"GAAAAAH!" Tenko screams

"Monokuma.!" Kirumi says

"Man! This talk about the killing game being cancelled is reeeeally starting to get on my nerves." Monokuma grumbles

"S-So.. this means.. the killing game will continue.. and nobody will come to get us.." Tsumugi says

"The killing game is gonna continue? Well! That sounds a lot less boring, so I guess it's okay!" Kokichi suddenly switches moods really quick. "Probably 'cause we didn't kill Y/n."

"No! That's definitely not okay!" Tenko says

"Hah! I wonder how you'll feel about the additional motive! Ahem, now then, I am pleased to announce, an additional motive! A time limit is now in place, if a murder does not happen by nighttime, two days from now.. every student participating in the killing game will die!"

"W-What? Time limit?" Gonta says

"Everyone will die?" Ryoma says

"What!? That's not fair!" Tenko shouts

"Puhuhuhu.. if you want to survive, you better work quickly. Survive alone or die together!? Which will it be? Time is ticking!"

Monokuma leaves.

"Two days.? That'll come by in an instant.!"
Tsumugi says

"W-What do I do!? I can't die.. the world needs my genius! And I haven't even fucked Y/n yet!" Miu shouts

"Do not worry. Atua will accept you all with open arms." Angie smiles calmly

"That's after we die, right.?" Himiko says

"W-We can't panic.. I'll do something about this.." Kaito says

"Did you have a course of action in mind?" Keebo asks

"I'm thinking of one now.!"

"...Figures. I didn't expect anything from you in the first place." Maki mumbles

Everyone starts arguing about a plan, then Korekiyo brings up the topic of is killing really wrong? Even if it's to survive? Ryoma seems to agree, Y/n says absolutely nothing. Of course killing is wrong. It's extremely wrong! It's the worst crime you can possibly commit. But.. one life to save several others.?

"H-Hold on everyone, we haven't decided on a plan yet.!" Kaede says as more people start to leave the room

"...You can decide that on your own. Your half-assed speeches won't work on us anymore, you know that, right? So just come up with a plan for yourself." Maki says coldly, then leaves too.

"Wait! Maki!" Y/n calls out after her, then chases after her.

"Why everyone scatter?" Gonta asks sadly.

"This is Monokuma's plan, huh? If this is part of his plan, is my memory also part of it? If so, can I even trust myself?.. This may sound weird, but does the term Ultimate Hunt ring a bell for anyone?" Rantaro says

"What.? I've never heard of that.." Kaede answers

"What about it?" Keebo asks

"Nothing.. forget it. But, just a quick hint, be careful of Y/n. She knows more than she lets on, but, I'm also certain she isn't the mastermind. Just trust me on that one." Rantaro chuckles, then leaves as well.

"Ah jeez.. this is confusing me even more.." Kaede rubs her head

"Maybe.. we should just leave it for now. Whatever's going on with Y/n and Rantaro.. probably won't be explained. We should focus on other things."

"Yeah.. you're right."

Y/n presses the doorbell to Maki's dorm, she opens it after a couple seconds.

"What.?"

"Can I come in?"

Maki steps aside to let Y/n walk in.

"Are you gonna do anything about the time limit?" Y/n asks

"No. The other idiots are planning something."

"But.. shouldn't we at least try help?"

"There's nothing we can do."

"So you're just gonna die.? So easily?"

"Do we have another choice?"

"..I guess not." Y/n sighs. "We're gonna die in two days.. that's.. not long."

"..." Maki just looks away

"If we're gonna die, I want to talk to you some more. Tell me about yourself." Y/n sits on the bed.

"I hardly know you."

"..Yeah.. exactly. So we should get to know each other. We're going to die anyway, right? So, what was your childhood like?"

"..Bad." Maki says quickly. "I grew up in an orphanage. The older kids had to take care of the younger kids, and the kids just.. liked me for some reason. So that's how I got the title of Ultimate Child Caregiver."

Y/n is surprised at how much she just said. She went from hardly talking to dumping her whole childhood.

"Oh.. I'm sorry. It mustn't have been great. But, you're out now, right?"

"I told you about me, so you go."

"Ah, right. Uhm.. it was pretty normal. I had a normal family.. I was really into true crime from a young age.. I would make theories on all the cases. Then I started looking into more conspiracy theory things, and it ended up getting to a point where I was wanted by criminal gangs because I was going through them all really quickly."

"How did you even survive? You're not exactly.. the strongest."

"Uhm.. I guess I was just lucky. That's all."

Maki and Y/n continue to talk for a while. Until nighttime to be exact.

The nighttime announcement plays, and Y/n yawns a little.

"I'm going to bed now. I'll see you tomorrow." Y/n leaves and closes the door behind her

2 days..

Y/n goes into her room. She leans against the wall and slides down until she's sitting. It's a lot to take in.

She eventually ends up falling asleep on the floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 15 14
Reader enjoys danganronpa v3 however.. when playing the game something happens and changes their life for good or bad? I noticed there is barely any...
48.7K 1.9K 22
Kokichi Ouma is the leader of one of the most wanted organizations in Tokyo known as D.I.C.E; Shuichi Saihara is a young, but very successful detecti...
17.5K 543 15
𝕐𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕦𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕚 𝕩 𝕂𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕚 𝕩 𝕐𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕖 ℝ𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕠 "𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑒𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓅 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝒻𝑒𝓌... 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽...
175K 5.5K 70
━━━ 真実 " Your eyes speak the truth when everything else is a lie. " Seventeen students were trapped and forced to play a killing game by a black and...