The Revenant Queen 2 (wlw)

By Kailaniarcher

FANTASY/ LESBIAN FICTION Chaos spreads among the supernatural world and amid the violence, hatred, and sabota... More

Author's Note
Epigraph
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty- Five
Chapter Twenty- Six
Chapter Twenty- Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty- Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty- One
Chapter Fifty- Two
Chapter Fifty- Three
Chapter Fifty- Four
Chapter Fifty- Five
Chapter Fifty- Six
Chapter Fifty- Seven
Chapter Fifty- Eight
Chapter Fifty- Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty- One
Chapter Sixty- Two
Chapter Sixty- Three
Chapter Sixty- Four
Chapter Sixty- Five
Chapter Sixty- Six
Chapter Sixty- Seven
Chapter Sixty- Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Seventeen

2.1K 125 89
By Kailaniarcher

Isabella crossed her legs, slowly tapping her finger against the wooden surface of the long table. She observed her delinquent child and how she avoided eye contact, she felt nothing but resentment over the situation and how her blood boiled and boiled. The woman, trying to quell her anger and hatred cast her gaze around the room, locking eyes with a young girl she believed to be this human they spoke of and like her offspring, this intimidated creature averted her eyes to the floor just seconds after their gaze had locked. Isabella was pleased, at least this thing knew her place, unlike....unlike that wretched offspring of hers.

"I have things I need to say," said Isabella, her voice was so clear and crisp and the vicinity was so quiet, her voice rang out like a preacher's in a quiet chapel where the congregation sat in humble silence. It was as if the occupants were treading around her like she was eggshells.

"And what I have to say, it is about the way these people of nobility conduct themselves, so shamelessly and so averse to following orders. Who do any of you think you are?" The woman's voice, tangled with her archaic accent rang in the atmosphere even louder but she spoke so effortlessly. She was confident and comfortable taking the podium at the hearing and all realized. And in terms of her inquiry, it was a general question, not intended to be a personal attack to any but some took it as such. Some twisted their faces in distaste and hostility, others agreed with her questions in regards to conduct, the rest were undecided about which route to follow.

"You lot run around acting like privileged children and this is why the council was created in the first place, to always put those who want to be treated as gods or think they're gods, in line. This organisation was founded to take the power away from those who wanted to exalt themselves, this council was founded to instil order where there is chaos and we will do just that."

"No one should have full power to do anything, not to disregard our presence, not to cause wars or strifes among each other, especially not to apprehend their former lover because they saw it fit. No situation should be overlooked, ever. No one should have any sort of privilege, not any of you." The deal devil gazed at the colourful crowd. They each felt like she was looking them in the eyes individually, the woman had that power, to make you feel seen even in an ocean of people.

"Not even you, my dear, have the power to do as you please," the devil said to her daughter.

"Not any other self-proclaimed or appointed potentate, no chiefs, no one should have full power! So my proposition here this wonderful evening, to settle this dispute, this senseless rivalry that has been brewed and kept brewing is to kill everyone who started and or continued the drama," said Isabella and the entire room of people gasped.

"Christ," Adira mumbled, softly cradling her forehead. She knew her mother was an extremist but to suggest mass murder was something she never expected.

"Call it unethical if you wish but it would be effective in swaying the minds of those dunces if any contemplates perpetuating this buffoonery."

"You can't kill everyone and call it an effective method of handling the issue, councilwoman Isabella. You'd be killing your child in the process, does that not concern you?" Questioned Iradessa.

The solemn woman arched a scarred brow and besides it, there was no other indicator that the woman was not stone.

"What does Adira being my daughter have to do with my sense of judgement? Does recognizing the line between right and wrong end at my child? Should I disregard what is right because of my child or should I also want her to feel the consequences of her actions?"

"You're twisting my words," replied Iradessa.

"Am I, or was I just pointing out that this system we created is also flawed?"

"Murder is an irrational and illogic proposition,"

"Death is never irrational, but natural,"

"It's no surprise she turned out like that," amid the murmurs the large man, the giant said. "They're like two halves of the same awful shade," he continued, forgetting his voice was distinct and coarse.

Isabella caught on as expected and a thick scowl formed on her brown face.

"Your absence is required, Councilman retard," Isabella responded and at the offensive name, the room erupted once more. And at the uproar, the woman shrugged.

The giant tried to get the attention of the council members but it was apparent many did not want to get involved for they knew just how dangerous that would be challenging Isabella.

"If you don't mind, I wish to stop hearing all of you, your voices are like tiny, tiny ants, not quite bad individually until they all start marching up ones arse together, then there's a problem."

She took up someone's glass of water and gulped it, wetting her red lips.

"I missed the days when some of you were going extinct, such a peaceful era, those days," she added.

"Oh my God," Colette gripped McLean's leg and in the row, several revenants cackled at the woman's remarks. Colette was uncertain if to join in the laughter or look on in horror. Why was Adira's mother like that?

"Order!" A voice boomed. "Though councilwoman Isabella may be far off with her judgement, she has a point. Measures should be put in place to discipline those who were involved in the dispute but we have not reached the end of this hearing so we cannot serve what is just,"

"Death, it's the only thing that will scare the people," responded the older devil.

"No, not death," said an older warlock.

"Depredation?"

Yet again the room murmured at the unethical thoughts of Isabella.

"Scoundrel!"

"Immoral!"

Yelled several elders.

"It is clear that my ideas aren't welcomed because we live in a world now where everyone tries to be so prim and so decent and in doing so immoralities like the ones being reviewed here at this very instant runs rampant or is taken lightly. Maybe if the world decided to be cruel when dealing with cruel acts, less of it would be perpetuated, but no call me the immoralist for wanting there to be death for crimes involving violence and death,"

And the room went silent.

"Several people have died and yet you cretins want to sit here, quietly bumping gums over it or take the actions leading up to it lightly. These luminaries incited their people, whether verbally or not, to cause harm over an issue that could've been settled with just a cup of tea. Their incitement resulted in the demise of almost forty revenants, several vampires and some humans and more recently dozens of fights between a few other species. You lot might think that I'm oblivious to what goes on because I've distanced myself from the council but I know everything."

Isabella stood from her seat, she was tall, she was fierce and intimidating. Quietly she stepped away from the large table and walked slowly alongside where the giant sat. It was crickets in the room and as she passed the man, a portion of his clothes caught ablaze. The sudden start of the flames caused the man to jump from the shock.

The giant pats himself vigorously, trying to quell the flames that began to creep up his thighs but to no avail. Others stepped in while Adira studied her mother's smug face as she gazed at the distressed man.

In the crowd, Colette was one of those who stood up. She ran over to the man, his rescuer, his good samaritan and at the sight of her Adira jumped up.

"Colette don't!"

Her majesty and everyone else watched as Colette manipulated all the water in the room, watching it gather together. It was a pretty sight, the way the water glistened and behaved so alive.

It slid around the floor where it culminated by the giant. The pudgy creature that formed hugged itself against his leg and consumes the blaze. Most people were pleased to see the fire put out, while others sat quietly ruminating on the mistake the young, oblivious girl made.

Colette thought she did a good thing, she did but the faces of some of the people told her otherwise. A glance at Adira's mother showed the woman was livid, her amber eyes flashed similar to the queen's but her fire was blood red and it didn't rain the way Adira's did, in that peaceful shower but fell heavy like hail.

"I'm sorry?" She asked and before she could get any other words out, before her eyes the woman shifted.

It was majestic, the way the air around her changed colour. It was like a flame sparked, it curled around her like pink waves and in awe, Colette gazed at the brooding figure. She was a sight to behold, she was god herself, she was beautiful but angry.

Stepping back, Colette glanced around the room to find that everything and everyone besides her, Adira and the woman had frozen. It was a scary discovery, knowing Isabella was the cause but it was so exciting being aware of that particular ability.

"Colette don't move," her majesty warned when the girl started moving away. With each rapid thumping of her heart, the young girl watched as Adira fitted herself between this brooding figure and herself.

"Who is this fool?" The coarse voice questioned and Adira slowly walked closer to her mother. She puts herself in between her girl and the woman with the massive horns and obscure tattoos like a protective wall.

That was something the revenant queen did not cater for, not once since getting to know Colette. Not once was she expecting there'd come a day where she'd have to stand and protect her from her mother.

But there she was, ready to get handsy if ever it was called for, despite the consequences that would surround such an impulse.

In the quietude, in the centre of the women's dispute, the brunette scrutinized the older devil. There was a black line running down from Isabella's chin, all the way to her neck, similar to Adira's Colette realized. And everything was similar: her hair, her tattoos, her horns, her stature, her flared eyes, her muscley arms, everything. The only difference was that she was bigger than Adira in her true form and if Colette could put a height to her, her majesty's mother was probably well over six feet, closer to seven.

"Speak girl, who is this fool?" The irritated devil barked once no one responded.

"This is Colette Rivers, the victim of Petra's hostility and impulsion,"

"I see. Why is your name being uttered with hers, Adira?" The woman decided to question directly now, hoping her daughter would change her approach.

Colette swallowed hard at Isabella's icy voice. She thought seeing the queen in her demon form for the first time was a traumatic experience, but she was wrong, Adira was far nicer and less intimidating than her mother. The woman truly looked like a devil but a hauntingly beautiful one.

"She learned the existence of revenants, my revenants and ever since I kept her around to protect her, councilwoman,"

The girl frowned at the way her majesty interacted with her mother. The formality was sad, the obvious resentment the woman exuded for both of them within that instant was also sad.

"So what of your little love circle?"

"Not a love circle, councilwoman," replied Adira. She placed a hand behind her back, beckoning Colette over and when the girl did, she encouraged her to hold her hand to which she did.

"Then what is all this nonsense I hear about you having an affair with this human? Was Petra not adequate for you,"

"Colette is my mate,"

Isabella scoffed almost immediately. She paced a little, her majestical presence exciting the poor girl.

"Don't be ridiculous, Adira, a human could never be your mate. Us deal devils don't copulate with humans, at least not willingly,"

"Funny you'd say that, isn't my father a human? Didn't you copulate willingly with that human?"

"Your father is a sorcerer, there's a difference, this plain-Jane who so happened to be bound to the Avalon is nothing compared to that man,"

"For me, she's much more," Adira defiantly said and the woman scowled.

"Silence her," Isabella burned. She stepped closer to her daughter and Adira didn't even bother to look her in the face.

"Teach her manners, I am not a woman to be played with. That giant disrespected me while I spoke, he needed to learn from that mistake. The next time anything of this nature happens, I will not hesitate to smite the girl,"

"You're not going to do that," said Adira and her mother was taken aback by her retort.

"You dare challenge me, child?"

"I'm not, but if you threaten Colette again, then yes,"

"Fool!"

"Call me what you want but let's not forget I can and would defend the girl if necessary,"

Isabella scoffed.

"Do let the interaction of the last time we met resurrect itself, you're not invincible, councilwoman," added Adira and the older devil frowned. The woman's brow twitched at the mere memory of how she received her scars. She didn't like that she got them but they were there due to the fact.

"It's an impulse Colette has and she was compelled to help him, just so you know. It's what the Avalon does, help those in need,"

"I don't care, teach that wretched girl some manners," hissed Isabella. She vanished quickly, reappearing at her seat beside the elders.

"I do not wish to hear any more of this fighting nonsense between your people and the vampires, Adira, fix it and fix it fast before I truly intervene. Let this be my warning to you,"

The woman paused. "Cavete," she stated concisely.

Isabella allowed the room of people to catch themselves, with no realisation of the time that was manipulated around them. The people were merely relieved for the giant who studied Isabella.

"Another act like that councilwoman Isabella and you too will be accosted,"
Stated the elf.

"Spare me the lecture,"

"Now that order is restored, the council will like to call on the young revenant, Oliver Haines to recount what occurred during that violent night,"

In the crowd, the eyes of everyone pinned on the young revenant who was escorted into the room. Colette and the others hadn't seen him because the day before the council had fetched him away.

Oliver kept his face to the floor as he walked into the large vicinity but when he was near the council members, he lifted his eyes to the young girl and the queen and he smiled at her but afterwards, the young man's eyes caught sight of the very person whose ruby eyes he remembered from that night.

The revenant paused, his shaky gaze pinned to a smirking Edas who didn't seem to care that the boy would soon point him out but even the vampire knew Oliver didn't have the balls and that was why he showed up that day, to reinforce once more that he was a spineless creature who also needed to perish like the rest of people in that bar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452K 27.4K 66
"You just love getting yourself into trouble, don't you?" Moonwitches, the rarest and most powerful beings in the entire universe. They are favored b...
42.9K 1.4K 25
Satan has been mistreated since day one. Ever since her parents found out they were having boy and girl twins, they have been disgusted but the fact...
145 30 11
Bound by necessity, but torn by animosity, they journey through the chaos of war, their survival entwined in a fragile dance of distrust.
590K 27K 100
Due to an instance of sabotage, Rosalie loathes Joanna Spencer. Suffice to say that Rosalie would, if she could, throttle Joanna and after four long...