FLAMES | UNDER CONSTRUCTION

By taylorsversions

"life was a willow and it bent right to your wind" pre season 2 - season 2 klaus hargreeves x female!oc More

Willow
Prologue
1. The First Meeting
2. Shakespeare
3. Coffee
4. Cigarettes
5. Perfect
7. Feelings
8. Finally Happy
9. Shared Birthdays
10. The Truth
11. Girl on the Run
12. Scars
13. Do Too
15. Broken Glass
16. Soulmates
17. The Apocalypse of 2019
18. The Apocalylse of '63
19. Bonnie & Clyde
20. Home
21. Allison
22. Paint
23. Frogs are Bitches
24. Welcome to the Family
25. Hargreeves Women
26. Fraud
27. You're Family Now
28. A Light Supper
29. Mother
30. The Board
31. Posession
32. We Make a Good Team
33. Little One
34. Mirror
35. Seconds, Not Decades
36. Back to the Future
update

6. Put Your Head on my Shoulder

6.5K 215 127
By taylorsversions

||It is a risk to love. What if it doesn't work out? But what if it does? - Peter McWilliams||

"I've never been in this part of Dallas before" Klaus commented as the two walked down an unfamiliar street that he had never seen in his 2 months of living there.

"I used to always come here when I was younger" Willow replied.

"Do you bring all the guys here?" Klaus asked.

"Maybe if you count the kid I used to babysit, we used to come here all the time" Willow responded.

"I didn't know you babysat kids" Klaus stated.

"I did for a few years, but he's all grown up now" Willow replied with a shrug.

"What was his name?" Klaus asked.

"Dave" Willow replied with a small smile. Klaus paused for a moment, trying to convince himself that it wasn't the same Dave. That it wasn't his Dave.

"Do you want to tell me where we're going yet, darling? Klaus asked, trying to change the conversation. He didn't need reminders of his Vietnam boyfriend, that he technically hadn't even met yet.

"Shush, we're nearly there" Willow told him as they turned the street corner, her cheeks turning slightly red at the name he had decided to call her.

"I hope you're right because my legs hurt" Klaus complained as he dug his fists into the pockets of his jackets.

"We've only been walking for 15 minutes" Willow replied with a chuckle.

"And that's a long time" Klaus defended with a shrug as they turned a corner, being met with a classic 1960s diner, something like Klaus has only ever seen in old movies he used to watch with Allison and Diego.

"Come on" Willow beamed, signaling for him to follow her.

•••

Willow sat across the way from Klaus in a booth, noticing how his gaze never left her. She covered her face with the menu in her hands to try and avert his gaze to anywhere else. The intensity of his gaze made her stomach flip, her heart was pounding in her chest.

"Hey why'd you do that" Klaus whined slightly, reaching over and taking the menu from her hands and placing it down on the table.

"You're looking at me weirdly" Willow commented, crossing her arms.

"I am not" Klaus lied, copying her by crossing his arms on the table and leaning forward slightly, pressing his lips together.

"You're a bad liar" Willow said with a chuckle, also leaning forward against the table.

"Can I tell you something embarrassing?" Klaus asked lowly, his voice getting quieter. Willow nodded in response, signaling for him to continue talking.

"I've never been on a date before" He admitted, his voice almost a whisper.

Klaus wasn't lying when he said that, him and Dave had never gone on a real date back in 1968. They couldn't have, not in public anyway. And back in 2019 he didn't go on dates, he just met people and either did drugs with them or had sex with them. So this was a first for him, and he was so nervous.

"Really?" Willow asked and he nodded in response, a nervous smile on his face. She bit her lip slightly, her eyes glancing down to Klaus's lips before looking back at his eyes.

"Well then, we better make it a good one, right?" Willow asked, leaning in to him as far as she could with the table between them.

"Can I take your orders?" A waitress interrupted the conversation, causing the two of them to swiftly lean back into their seats. Klaus mentally groaned at the waitresses terrible timing.

•••

"So, you said before that you grew up in New York. What was that like?" Willow asked, trying to make conversation.

"Yeah it was okay. I wish I could've seen more of the city as a kid but my father was kind of strict and barely let us leave the house" Klaus replied.

"I get it. My mother was really strict with me and my sister when were kids" Willow responded.

"I do rememberer that my brothers and sisters and I used to sneak out of the house some weekends and go to the local doughnut shop at night" Klaus said with a sad smile, remembering his siblings.

"My sister and I couldn't sneak out, we lived in a really small town so there wasn't much to sneak out to" Willow replied with a chuckle.

"Where did you actually grow up?" Klaus asked, knowing that she had moved to Dallas at the age of 17 but she never told him about anything from before that time.

"Just a really small town outside uh" she paused for a second as if she was thinking "Los Angeles"

"Really? I've always wanted to go there" Klaus commented. "My sister used to live there when she moved out. But she became all rich and shit"

"It honestly wasn't as exciting as you'd imagine" Willow replied before drinking from the straw of her milkshake.

"Also, aren't you going to San Francisco soon?" Willow asked. She had been waiting for him to bring it up but when it seemed like he wasn't going to, she decided to do it herself.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that" Klaus replied, looking down at the table.

"Do you not want to go?" Willow asked, noticing his change in attitude when she brought it up.

"Kind of. I've never really travelled before so it's kind of exciting but I also really do like it in Dallas" Klaus told her.

"Really? There's not much in Dallas. I kind of hate it here" Willow replied, raising an eyebrow in confusion as to why he would rather Dallas to San Francisco.

"I would disagree to that statement" Klaus responded, taking a french fry from the basket in the middle of the table.

"Okay then name 3 things that you like about Dallas" Willow challenged, leaning forward in the booth so she could hear him better over the music and the other people talking.

"Okay well one I like the weather here. It's a lot warmer than New York" Klaus replied and Willow nodded, signaling for him to continue.

"Two, I like the accent some of the people have here" Klaus added and then thought for a moment.

"Alright and whats the third thing that Dallas has that San Francisco doesn't?" Willow asked.

"Well, San Francisco doesn't have you" Klaus finished, looking up and making direct eye contact with her, his lips forming a small but nervous smile.

"I'm going to San Francisco too, you know" Willow replied, a decision that she made right that second. She had been contemplating going since her grandmother told her about the trip, but it wasn't until that very moment that she made the final decision.

"Oh well in that case, I love San Francisco. Sounds like a great place" Klaus said, backtracking on everything he had just told her.

"I thought you liked Dallas" Willow replied with a smile as Klaus shrugged.

"I've changed my mind" Klaus retorted, his hand touching the wall-box that connected to the wall next to them.

"You know I've never used one of these before" Klaus commented, fidgeting with the buttons on it and changing the conversation.

"Really?" Willow asked, raising an eyebrow. Jukeboxes were in almost every restaurant in the 60s and it surprised her that Klaus had never used one.

"Why don't you try it then?" Willow asked, signaling towards it. Klaus nodded before reaching into his coat pocket, taking out a 10 cent coin and dropping it into the slot.

Klaus pushed a few random buttons, not knowing what song was going to play but deciding that he didn't really care since he didn't know half of them anyway. Seconds later the song 'Put your head on my shoulder' by Paul Anka played throughout the diner.

"I love this song" Willow commented with a small smile.

"hold me in your arms baby, squeeze me oh so tight"

"Well then I guess I picked the right song" Klaus replied with a shrug.

"Put your lips next to mine, dear. Won't you kiss me once, baby"

"I'll let you take credit even though you didn't actually pick the song" Willow said with a chuckle.

"You and I will fall in love"

"Well technically I did pick the song, just not intentionally" Klaus replied.

"Tell me, tell me that you love me too"

The two just sat, looking at each other, completely unaware of anything else going on around them. Five could appear in front of Klaus that very second telling him to come back to 2019, and he wouldn't of even cared.

"Put your head on my shoulder, whisper in my ear baby. Words I want to hear baby"

"I think that you are one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen" Klaus told her, a dazed smile on his face and his pupils slightly dilated. But for once, it wasn't because of drugs.

"Oh stop it" Willow replied, swatting her hand slightly, turning her head to the side to try and hide her blush. It was strange to her how Klaus could make her such a blushing mess from only a few words.

"Thank you for agreeing to come out with me tonight" Klaus said genuinely as the song played out and was replaced by another, more upbeat song that had been chosen by someone else.

"Thank you for asking me to come out" Willow replied.

"I've been wanting to talk to you since I got here but you never really seemed interested" Klaus said, laughing softly at the memory of her doing everything she possibly could to avoid him.

"Yeah well how would you feel if some random hot guy started living in your house and claimed to be a prophet?" Willow asked rhetorically.

"So you think I'm hot?" Klaus asked, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

"Shut up" Willow replied, rolling her eyes playfully.

Klaus bit his lip as he looked outside the window and saw that the sun had long set and it was getting late. Not that he minded but he thought that Willow might.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Klaus asked.

•••

The pair walked down the streets of Dallas, side by side so that every so often their arms would touch slightly. The only light they had was the street lights around them, the cold breeze surround them as they walked.

"It's so cold" Willow commented, wrapping her arms around herself as she shivered slightly.

"Here" Klaus said as he pulled off his own black long sleeved jacket that Kitty had given him, draping it around Willow's shoulders.

"Thanks" she replied, pulling it on to herself and giggling at how large it was on her. Klaus was a lot taller than her and it was obvious when she was wearing his jacket.

Willow edged closer to Klaus, so that they walked side by side completely, their arms brushing off of each other.

Willow then reached her hand down and finding Klaus's hand, interlocking hers with his. Klaus smiled at the gesture, holding her hand in his.

The two walked through the gates of the mansion, opening the door quietly to try and avoid waking up Willow's grandmother.

"Thank you for tonight" Willow told him as she locked the door, not breaking her grip on his hand.

"Anytime" Klaus replied before she leaned up and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow" she told him before letting go of his hand and walking away from him, still wearing his jacket.

•••

"So, how did it go?" Klaus heard a voice from his room as he closed the door behind him. An eager Ben sat on his bed, crossed legged and ready to hear about Klaus's date.

"It was good. Amazing actually" Klaus replied as he sat down next to Ben, pulling off his shoes.

"Did you guys kiss?" Ben asked, his voice getting slightly higher as he spoke.

"No" Klaus replied simply as he lay down the bed, unable to stop himself from smiling. "But it was perfect without that"

"You're so into her" Ben cooed, happy that his brother was happy.

"Shut up" Klaus replied half heartedly.

"What? I think it's cute" Ben commented as Klaus turned away from him, closing his eyes.

"When's the wedding?" Ben asked, trying to annoy his brother.

"Shut up!" Klaus hissed, more angrily this time, as he pulled the blanket over himself.

"Ah young love. So cute" Ben commented as he flopped down next to Klaus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 7.3K 19
━ 𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒈𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
238K 6.8K 40
❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐮𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 ❞ zero wants to go home, but home is complicated and her family is dysfunctional. it doe...
110 30 6
Who knew saving the world was this tiring... "The nonestop saving the world crap is getting to me. Why can't I just crawl in a ditch and die?" "Mom...
968 31 19
-- 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄...