𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 | 𝐒�...

By Rozalolita

Natasha Van Doren is a shadow summoner. She bides her time and resides in darkness, feared and esteemed by Ke... More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀.
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓.
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓.
𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.
𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇
𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐊𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐔𝐍𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋
𝐓𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀 𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄. 𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐖𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄'𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐅𝐄
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐊𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘. 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐂𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘
𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐒𝐎𝐋
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘. 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐊𝐄𝐘𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘. 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐅𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐔𝐍𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐒
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
LMAOOO
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐊𝐔𝐖𝐄𝐈 𝐁𝐎-𝐘𝐔𝐋
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐖
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐒
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐄𝐗𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐒
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍

4.3K 270 285
By Rozalolita

" I would have waited in every lifetime, " 

- K.B 

NATASHA SMIRKED, the sun feeling exceptionally brighter. The wind faded into a teasing whisper, slithering against Kaz's skin. He was frustrated, betrayed and even exasperated. Kaz couldn't believe he had left Natasha to dupe him like that.

All over again, he was nine, sitting by Jordie's side. They hadn't shared a word, a forced smile. Jordie and Kaz sat on the threadbare rug doing their best to hold themselves together. The brothers had lost their money, their happiness, all to the welcoming arms of greed.

He was a fool.

Kaz scowled, pushing past Matthias. A hill was sloping forward. He wanted to push, someone off. Matthias had frozen in his step, stumbling back in the snow. "Don't look," Natasha was already peering over the ridge.

Her brows furrowed in disgust before her pleased smirk dropped into a horrified gasp. The other crossed to her side.

Alessia swore, clamping a hand over her mouth - before steering Inej out the way. Jesper turned away. Natasha heard Wylen vomiting in the corner. Kaz hadn't bothered to look over, his face rock hard. Nina cried out, the sparkle in her eyes gone like a fused spark.

Three iron stakes were buried beneath the snow, bloodied and rusted. Jesper moaned as he pointed out the three skewered bodies. They were charred like coals, the skin still bleeding with smoked embers.

"Who would do this?" Wylen croaked, rubbing his sleeve across his lips. His body was shaking, the clasp of his cloak falling undone.

"That is what Frejdans do to Grisha," Nina said quietly. Natasha watched as Kaz looked over the edge, a vein in his jaw clenching. The white snow painted with a canvas of blood. It was horrifying.

Nina's and Matthias argument fell silent in Natasha's ears. She was watching the bodies. Their shapes were unidentifiable. Their skin had been burnt to ash, their organs peeking through layers of pink flesh.

"Na," One body moaned. Kaz froze, looking towards Natasha.

"It's still alive," Jesper said, biting down hard on his knuckles.

The body was struggling, crawling towards Natasha. It knew her. "Ta,"

"What is it saying?" A sob ripped through Nina's throat as she fell onto her knees. "Someone please, put it out of its misery," Jesper reached towards his belt for a gun, but Kaz shook his head. "Someone will hear us," He rasped.

"Sha,"

"I'll go," Natasha slipped silently over the ledge, kneeling beside the body. She rested a single hand across their eyes. The person was short, the clothes unrecognisable through the ash.

Its arm was trembling. "Na,"

"Please," Natasha moaned. "I don't know who you are, I'm sorry,"

"Ta," She slipped the dagger from out her sleeve, placing it across their heart.

"May the saints receive you," Inej prayed from the top of the slope.

The dagger pierced her heart.

They sobbed a horrific, keening sob. Natasha closed her eyes, feeling the warm liquid pool across her skin and blouse. They was gone. She had killed them. 

Natasha couldn't get up. "Van Doren, we need to go,"

"I can't just leave them here," Her words felt phantom-like. Someone was swirling metallic words in her mouth.

"There's nothing you can do. It's dead. It's gone-"

"They have names. They were real people, Brekker," Kaz clicked his jaw, sighing in annoyance. His crow cane felt stiff in his hand. He didn't know what to say.

"The others are already ahead. Let's go,"

"They knew who I was," Natasha whispered. She looked up at Kaz with silver eyes, wet with tears. "They were moaning my name, Natasha,"

"I know," he said quietly. Kaz crouched down beside Natasha, slowly pulling her dagger from the bodies heart. "But you put them out of their misery. It's in a better place," He slid the dagger back up her sleeve. 

"I killed them,"

"You did what you had to," His gaze was firm, brown eyes shadowed with secrets. "You did the right thing,"

"I feel horrible," She pressed her forehead against his shoulder, sobbing loudly. Kaz had never seen her cry so harshly. He flinched hard as Natasha dropped next to him, careless for the snow clinging onto her clothes.

"Van Doren," Kaz scowled.

"How could I not know who they are?"

"Van Doren,"

"I'm horrible,"

"Natasha, look at me," He hissed. Kaz tilted two fingers beneath her chin. She was shaking, still clinging onto his shoulders. Her lips were red, darker than rose petals. "You are not horrible,"

"You do not know what I am," Natasha said with trembling lips. "I am a monster. My magic is merzost," The darkness twitched on her fingertips. Kaz felt as if he had been plunged into ice water.

"I don't know what that means, but you're hardly more a monster than I am," Kaz said, laughing dryly. He grabbed Natasha by her sleeve, slowly picking her onto her feet. "Don't look at them," he said softly, tilting her head so she'd look at them. "Look at me,"

"Are you sure they're dead?"

Kaz kneeled by the body's side, pressing two fingers against its wrist. He nodded stiffly, awkwardly stepping onto his feet. "We should go. The other's are waiting," They walked on in silence, the occasional sniff from Natasha's part.

"Thank you," she mumbled after a while. Natasha kept her head down, not daring to look at him. "For being nice back there, you could have left me,"

"I was tempted," They fell into silence once more, the wind rattling against them - their boots crunched beneath the snow, snowflakes fluttering onto their lashes. "You're welcome,"

Natasha smiled weakly. Her hair stuck against her cheek, the collar of her blouse upturned to her knees. Kaz dropped his cane across her stomach, stepping in front of her. "You look a mess," he scowled. He swept her hair behind her ears, folding her collar into place. "If you're going to walk next to me, at least try to match my elegance,"

"My apologies, Mr Brekker," Natasha said sarcastically. She wiped the tears from beneath her eyes. "That my sadness ruins your aesthetic,"

"Apology excepted,"

Her lips crashed onto him, still wet from the snow. Natasha tasted like fire, kissed by darkness, and filled with hunger. Natasha's lips were soft against his, and she moved her hands cup his cheeks. Kaz was taken aback. He didn't have time to flinch or think of Jordie.

He met her passion.

His gloved hands passed through her hair, tugging gently on the roots. He could feel her smiling. All his repressed fury, his desperate longing, the lonely nights came seeping out. She responded to each word, kissing passionately, biting apologies onto his bottom lip.

Natasha pulled back. Her cheeks flushed, nose red. She laughed softly, cupping his cheeks in his cold palms. Fire danced across his body, but Kaz didn't care. 

"I regret not doing that sooner," Natasha said softly, pressing a gentle kiss onto his lips. Kaz's heart fluttered in his chest. He couldn't stop himself from grinning.

"I would have waited in every lifetime," 

A/N 

- 35 CHAPTERS LATER AND IT FINALLY HAPPENS! I probably won't torture you guys with another plot twist, but since so many of you were desperate for them to kiss here you go! I hope I wrote this well, I'm so awkward with writing kissing scenes. Anyways, thank you for reading if you enjoyed this chapter please vote and comment! 

- rosa <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 187 9
Maud had a lot to achieve and a lot of people to disappoint. She was working hard as Medical student, until she just couldn't bear it anymore, so she...
67.2K 2.2K 24
DISCONTINUED Viktoriya Kirigan is the daughter of the Darkling. She has had the life of a princess and grew up in the little castle with the power of...
3.9K 58 24
✨Completed! ✨ Six of Crows AU: Set after Crooked Kingdom. The Crows are all still together. Matthias isn't dead, and they are all still working toget...
78.1K 1.7K 26
They may have grown up together and did everything in their power to stay together on the streets of Ketterdam, but neither will fully understand the...