Runaway (Ushijima Wakatoshi X...

By CountFreedLaurent

Ushijima Wakatoshi, an Alpha known for being one of the Top Aces in Japan. Once a Captain of the Shiratorizaw... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Story Filler
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Quick Fun Facts
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Not Important Notice LMAO
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Announcement
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34.5
'Another Story' Announcement
Chapter 34.5
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Short Special Chapter - When the Eagle Realize Things

Chapter 10

5.5K 207 33
By CountFreedLaurent

Chapter 10: The Kid Wanderer and his Look Alike

After that phone call where Ushijima probably heard Akihiko's voice, Hinata didn't know what to feel. A part of him wants to say "Well he's a friend now. Might as well tell him I have a son". But he's considering the fact that it might get awkward that he says it quite late.

But Ushijima has to know. He'll accept me as his friend even though I have a child right? Nonetheless if Ushijima chose to be awkward, he's going to choose Aki over Ushijima.

Why was he thinking this way anyway? Of course he'll be my friend. He's not the type to leave a friend just because they have a child, right?

But he wants him to like Aki too.

Hinata buried his face. All this conflict in his head is stupid. So he decided to just sleep it off and think about it the next day.

~~~

Morning came and as usual, Hinata goes straight to their gym. Bringing Akihiko cause he wants to watch his father play volleyball. And at such a young age of two, the kid is showing akin to the sport. Hinata finds Aki sometimes doing posture of someone recieving a ball. Or imitating Atsumu's sets. Or Sakusa's spikes (Hinata found out Akihiko saw how Sakusa's wrist bend in awkward angle. And Aki said it was so cool).

While the team are engaged in a practice game, Akaashi Keiji, former setter of Fukurodani Academy, entered the gym and stood next to Akihiko. (Which immidiately jumped to the formers arms) Bokuto seemingly hyped up seeing his boyfriend that he actually spiked the ball too hard. Akihiko claps his little hands and pointed at Bokuto "Grandpa Owl so coooool"

Bokuto beamed at what he have heard from the little brunette and shouted "HEY HEY HEY! OF COURSE IM COOL! WHO'S THE COOLEST GRANDPA?!"

Akihiko answered enthusiastically, matching Bokuto's energy with his shouts "YOU GRANDPA OWL! YOU ARE! RIGHT GRANDPA 'KAASHI?!"

Akaashi giggled and kissed Akihiko's chubby cheeks. "Yes Aki. You're Grandpa is so cool."

Bokuto ran to the benches and suddenly hugged Akaashi with Aki in their middle. "HEY HEY HEY!" Bokuto and Aki shouted in unison

Hinata seeing it all chuckled. Bokuto and Akaashi seems to be fond of Aki too much that he's being spoiled by the two. He's not complaining though as he knew Akaashi knew their limits.

Atsumu joined the three playing with Akihiko as  their coach announced break. Sakusa walked to the bench, sneaking a glance on the fake blond setter from time to time. Meian, Tomas and Inunaki watched their teammates play with Akihiko. Hinata decided to go to the washroom for a while.

But when he came back, he saw panicked face of his mentor and Akaashi. Atsumu running of the gym as if looking for something, Sakusa trailing behind the setter. Meian Tomas and Inunaki was hesitant on telling something to Hinata.

And as he walked closer, he knew what's wrong without asking anyone.

~~~

Ushijima ask for a day off as his bestfriend, Tendou Satori (which arrived the other day from Paris) to look for a perfect place to open the former guess blocker's chocolate shop.

"Say Wakatoshi, Have you confessed to Karasuno's number 10 yet?" Tendou leaned over to Ushijima curiously. Sometimes, Ushijima finds his bestfriend very annoying. And this is one of those times. He didn't want to actually feel pressured about confessing his feelings to Hinata. But everytime Tendou asked him that question, or Reon, or Goshiki (which he knows perfectly who to blame why they knew already), he's feeling like he has to do it already.

He's not ready yet. He and Hinata are just getting closer. Telling his feelings now would just make Hinata feel pressured too. And that's the last thing he would make the red head feel.

Ushijima just kept his mouth shut and continue walking. If he ever entertained that question, Tendou just won't stop talking about it.

Some time later, they found Semi and Shirabu on a bench with a child in the latter's lap. The child was crying so much, the mumbling he made was incomprehensible.

But just looking at the child wailing makes Ushijima's heart ached. So he did what the first thing he thought to do.

He carried the child in his arms and cradled him, the kids face buried in his neck.

Tendou, Semi and Shirabu widen their eyes in sheer astonishment. They didn't knew Ushijima had a soft heart towards children.

Ushijima pats the kids back as he cradled the little boy, trying to make the child to stop crying. And it seems to work as the kid then raised his head with his hands wiping his eyes off tears, cries turned to just sobs.

Ushijima stared at the kid. He still feels sad seeing the kid even though he stopped crying.

The kid then sniffed and removed his hands away from his eyes, giving them a clear view of his face. And the face Ushijima's companions made becomes undescribable.

"The Kid looks exactly like Ushijima, what the hell!" Tendou, Semi and Shirabu said in their minds in unison.

After a few moments of comforting, the kid finally stopped from crying and sobbing and clings on Ushijima tight on his arms. Ushijima bought chocolate ice cream for the child and the kid ate it without leaving Ushijima's lap.

Ushijima is okay with it. He feels warm hearted being like this to the kid anyway. But he still don't know the kid's name or why was he crying so he finally spoke "Hey kid, what's your name? Where's your parents?"

The kid raised his head, bringing his olive eyes to the other ones "I'm Akihiko! I'm two years old! My Dada is playing volleyball and I..." the kid looked down suddenly "kind of walked away when I saw a stray puppy. I followed the puppy cause it looks so cute. We walk around and the next thing I know the puppy is gone. And when I looked back, I don't know where I am and..." The kid started to tear up

For a kid who's two years old, he can speak clearly and explained his situation very effectively. But that's not the matter at hand. What mattered was the Kid's tearing up again and Ushijima immidiately hushed him saying it's okay. "Shush now. Don't worry. I'll help you find your father after you finished eating, understand?"

Akihiko nods slowly and ate again silently. Ushijima then turned to his companions who suddenly felt left out by the two brunettes.

"Wakatoshi, say did you have a secret child or something? That's seems like the case?" Tendou jokes slapping Ushijima's arms.

The sound makes Akihiko turn his head and stared at Tendou "Is hitting Mr. Big Arms necessary?" the kid pouts

Shirabu, who just staring at the kid silently chuckled and pinched Aki's cheeks lightly, "Don't worry kiddo. Mr. Big Arms isn't hurt in any way."

"But he still hit him. That's bad." Akihiko turned his olive green eyes towards Tendou and the latter just raised his hands.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry! Oh god even the stares feels like I'm looking at Wakatoshi. So back to the question" Tendou even lean himself forward

Ushijima shook his head "I don't think so Tendou. I would know if I have one right?"

Semi helping the kid clean up his face then said "Well kidding aside, this kid really looks like you Wakatoshi. If I didn't know you, I would think you two are father and son."

Ushijima and Akihiko looked at them, turned their heads to one another, and then looked back to the three.

The three then nods their heads in unison

Akihiko looked at his hands and then raised his head to Ushijima, "Then can I call you Papa Big Arms instead?"

Ushijima felt his heart throb in his chest. Hearing what the kid said made him unexplainably happy. He ruffled the kids hair and smiled "Okay kiddo."

Akihiko smiled brightly "Okay Papa Big Arms!"

Tendou, Semi and Shirabu clutched their chest as if they're heart attacked "So Cute" they mentally said in unison.

~~~

Ushijima, with Akihiko in his arms, walked around and looked for possible clue of where the kid might have came from. The three trailing behind them.

"We're supposed to look for a place for my business, but now we're helping a lost child" Tendou whispered

"A Cute Little Wakatoshi Look Alike Child" Shirabu said, totally simping over a child.

Semi put his arms around Shirabu and said "Yeah, and tell me Tendou, are you complaining?"

Tendou shook his head "No! I'm quite enjoying the view anyway. Looking at Wakatoshi like this, we will have an idea on how he would be as a father."

Semi and Shirabu nods in agreement. Few minutes after that, two familiar faces are running towards them. Looking all panicked.

"Miya Atsumu, Sakusa Kiyoomi, what are you-" Ushijima's words are cut off by Atsumu checking Akihiko out "Hey kiddo? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Tell me what's wrong?"

Akihiko shook his head "I'm fine now Uncle Tsubee! I was found by Uncle Bangsie and Uncle Semi Semi! And then Papa Big Arms treated me an Ice cream and help me look my way back!" Akihiko explained what happened with matching hand gestures.

Atsumu sighed in relief "Thank go-"

"Why am I Uncle Bangsie?! / Why am I not mentioned!" Shirabu and Tendou complained. Semi seems unbothered by the nickname. (He may felt weird if Tendou called him that but he felt nice hearing it from the kid).

"Papa Big Arms?" Sakusa frowned

"Yes Uncle Omibear! Papa Big Arms is sooo kind!" Akihiko answered with bright smile

Sakusa only looked between Akihiko and Ushijima. "This two really look alike, I felt weird looking at them" Sakusa mentally said

"Well then, we have to go now. This child's father might be so worried sick. Thank you for helping him" Atsumu bowed his head taking Akihiko from Ushijima's arms

Ushijima hesitantly let go of Akihiko. He feels sad giving the child to someone else's arms. And that seems to be the same way for Akihiko.

Akihiko looked sadly to Ushijima "I have to go now Papa Big Arms. Dada might be so so sad. Bye bye!" The little brunette teared up and waved his hand goodbye

Ushijima felt his heart broke "Goodbye kiddo. We'll see each other soon"

Akihiko lighten up a bit because of that "Okay!" And then he waves goodbye to the three "Bye Bye Uncle Bangsie, Uncle SemiSemi, Uncle MonMon"

"Uncle M-monmon?" Tendou frowned

"Uncle Monster!" Akihiko giggled

Tendou clutches his chest "Ugh, I felt so attacked but in a good way." This is the first time being called Monster never felt an offense to Tendou

"Bye bye!" Akihiko shouted while Atsumu and Sakusa walked back to the gym, where Hinata is currently crying on worry.

Ushijima waved and whispered "Goodbye Baby Aki, I'll miss you."

~~~

Akaashi is patting Hinata's back while Bokuto hugged the crying red head, whispering his apologies. "I'm so sorry my disciple! It's my fault! I let my eyes off of my grandson! I lost him! 'Kaashi I lost our grandson!" Bokuto cries

"Don't worry we'll find them. Be strong Hinata" Akaashi said

"He's not anywhere near the plaza!" Meian shouted

"Near the playgrounds neither" Inunaki said

"Neither in nearby stores!" entered Tomas

Hinata cried harder. He's child is missing. Different scenarios plays in his head. Different what ifs that broke his heart slowly...

Then Atsumu rushed inside, Akihiko in his arms. Sakusa behind the two. Akihiko asked to be put down and run towards his crying father

"DADA I'M SORRY DONT CRY NOW WAAAA!" Akihiko clung his little arms on Hinata's legs, crying cause he sees his father crying.

Hinata picked up Akihiko and hugged him tightly, "Hush now. I'm fine. You're here now. I'm not sad anymore" Hinata wiped off Akihiko's tears. Aki did the same thing to Hinata.

The scene made some in the room tear up. Especially Bokuto and Atsumu as the two were the closest one's to Akihiko. The two rushed Hinata and Akihiko in a bear hug.

Akaashi and Sakusa smiled at the scene. Same as the rest of the team.

🦅🍊

Yeah I feel bad that I don't think how to end the chapter properly.

Though I did wrote longer than I expected. That's bright side I guess?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 1.8K 24
Hinata dissapears from japan for 4 months. How will his team react when he returns as a monster in volleyball? what happened to him while he was gone...
65.3K 2K 22
Ukai (Name), one of Japan's top three aces, as well as the ace of a powerhouse college, decides to end her starting career as a volleyball player aft...
4.8K 193 7
angsty omegaverse* Haikyuu fic centered around iwaoi and kagehhina w lots of (not so) unrequited love Kageyama sees Hinata with Kenma. It br...
102K 2.8K 31
I did not realize it at the time but I took the title from mamacrow<3 so please go check her out and I'm very sorry for taking it. This is a love...