The Contradiction Between Hum...

By Weeblet-san

Mochizuki Aito, a white room product, is trying to enjoy the three years of freedom he was given due to the w... More

Aito Mochizuki's Monologue
Chapter 1: The Beginning of My New School Life
Chapter 2: A Random Encounter
Chapter 3: Special Gift
Chapter 4: Club Registration
Chapter 5: Swiming Class
Chapter 6: Murderous Intent
Chapter 7: Zero Points
Chapter 8: Confrontation
Chapter 10: Development
Chapter 11: Misunderstanding
Chapter 12: Island Exam Begins
Chapter 13: Strategies Forming
Chapter 14: Conflict
Chapter 15: Phase One Complete
Chapter 16: Deal
Chapter 17: Reason
Chapter 18: Results
Chapter 19: Future
Chapter 20: Discussion
Chapter 21: Opinion
Chapter 22: Students
Chapter 23: Entertainment
Chapter 24: Persuasion
Chapter 25: Next Step
Chapter 26: Cooperation
Chapter 27: Perspective
Chapter 28: Game
Chapter 29: Opportunity
Chapter 30: Identity
Chapter 31: Effect
Chapter 32: One-Sided
Chapter 33: Observation
Chapter 34: Change
Chapter 35: Break

Chapter 9: Improvement

2.8K 110 56
By Weeblet-san

   Sudou was currently inside my room studying for the midterms. Although it took a lot of diligence and patience to make him learn the material, it was worth the effort.

   "Why am I studying something different than the rest?" Sudou asked.

   "What do you mean?" I responded clearly confused.

   "I heard Ike and Yamauchi bragging about how they knew all these answers to questions you never taught me."

   "That's most likely due to the fact that they're not studying the right curriculum."

   "Wait! How do you know which material is the correct one?"

   "Ah. That's because someone told me beforehand. Let me explain it from the beginning."

*A few days ago*

   I was about to leave the club room when Shiranami called me out from behind.

   "Wait for me!"

   "Huh?"

   "Did you forget about what happened between us last night?!" She said with a slight pout while blushing.

   Cute.

   "That's impossible! I never thought the day would actually come!" Kaneda was the first to make a comment. He was fake crying.

   The other fellow members of my club stared at me like a miracle happened. Is it that surprising?

   "First of all, I never did it because that's against the school rules. Second of all, I don't want to hear it from someone who got rejected, then got beaten up by the same girl! Third of all, I can probably get more girls than any of y'all combined!" (A/N, He can with the power of plot convenience!)

   "Let's go, Shiranami."

   "O-Okay."

   With that I left Kaneda and the rest in the dust. Not really...

   "Try not to make any more misunderstandings, okay?" I told her in a gentle voice.

   "I'll try my best."

   We talked about many things until we reached the dorms. Before parting ways she slightly tugged my sleeve. She stood there silently for a few seconds. Her whole face was red due to her blushing.

   "I-I-I l-love you! Please go out with me, Mochizuki-kun!" Shiranami quickly hid her face from embarrassment.

   "I—-"

*Back to the present*

   "That's bullshit. Tell me what actually happened, I'm not trying to hear your made up fantasies."

   "Shit, you got me there. All right let me continue."

(A/N, everything except for the confession was real)

*Back to the past*

   Since we both were headed towards the dorms, I decided to spark up a conversation.

   "Is your class studying enough for the midterms?"

   "Yes, we're giving it our all, I don't want to lose any of my precious classmates!"

   "Truthfully, I'm not doing too well..."

   "W-What's wrong?" She said in a worried tone.

   "I don't know what to study"

   Shiranami tilted her head in confusion, in which I continued talking.

   "It's because I saw some students from other classes are studying completely different things than what my classmates are."

   "Did your teacher not tell you of the material which the midterm would cover?"

   "She probably kept that information to herself, sensei is rather cold to me."

   "Isn't she like that with everyone in your class?"

   "I guess, but Chiyabashira-sensei despises me for some reason. Like she really is not fond of me."

   "Don't tell me you did something to her!?" She started to move away from me.

   "No." I replied flatly.

   "I knew you wouldn't do something like that, haha..." 

   She looked at me with eyes that were full of suspicion. Shiranami still kept her distance from me. Do I really look like that type of guy?

   "Anyways, I was wondering if you can help me by informing me the material for the midterms, please?"

   "Of course, I'll send it to you later!"

   After that we went our separate ways. Later that night Shiranami sent me a message containing what topics were going to be on the midterms.

*Present time*

   "But isn't that considered cheating?" Sudou asked.

   "No, all she did was tell me was what to study. It was basic information that everyone should've gotten. Of course, except for our class."

   "Shit, now I'm glad I took the deal."

   "You better be grateful, hahaha."

   It was Thursday. Tomorrow, the midterm would be upon us. After Chiyabashira-sensei ended homeroom period and left the classroom, Kushida took out some printed copies of something and brought them up to the podium.

   "Everyone, before you return to the dorm, wou-"

    Before she could finish I got up and started leaving the classroom. Since my academic scores were not fail worthy, they couldn't say anything.

   Even if they tried saying something, I could always make the excuse that my club activities are essential and I need to get there immediately.

   Although, I say that there is another reason why I left. If anybody examined Sudou's behavior, they would only see his genuine response to the papers.

   I purposely told Sudou that he would fail if he didn't put more immense focus on his studies. That's partially true since he doesn't pay attention to class.

   But that's all part of Horikita's plan!

   No, but I'll actually tell him the truth later.

   I woke up and did my daily routine until realizing how late it was. My body moved at an abnormal speed. Luckily, most people were already inside their classes since it was the day where we had to take the midterms.

   After running for a bit I arrived at the classroom. I'm late, but at least I made it.

   "There is one student abse-"

   "What are you talking about? I'm right here as you can see, Chiyabashira-sensei."

   "Then hurry up and sit down."

   Just by talking to me made sensei day worse. At least that's what it seemed. It's not fair, how come Ayanokouji gets all the attention from this hot teacher when I don't?! She is always glancing at Ayanokouji or telling him that she needs to talk to him!

   On a serious note, I told Sudou to not use the papers Kushida gave him. He should be able to pass, although he would just barely be above what was necessary to pass.

   Plus people will only think that Sudou managed to pass because of the help of the old test papers.

   "No need to be so mean. I know you're mad about that one time. You can't seem to appreciate my generous offer!"

   My tone was one of a sad rejected young man. After saying that I hurriedly sat down before I could face the full wrath of sensei.

   She murmured something inaudible to me and the rest of my classmates before continuing her explanation.

   I quickly finished the midterms and went to sleep. I didn't want her to see my drawings again.

   Chiyabashira-sensei walked into the classroom, looking around at the anticipation of the test results.

   "Sensei. We were told that the results would be announced today, but when?

   "There's no reason for you to get so worked up, Hirata. You should have passed quite easily."

   "So, when will the results be released?"

   "No need to get impatient. I'll tell you now."

   As usual, she revealed the details simultaneously and collectively. She stuck a large, white sheet of paper with everyone's names and test scores onto the blackboard.

   "Honestly, I'm impressed. I didn't think that you'd score so well. Many students tied with perfect scores in mathematics, Japanese, and social studies. More than ten of you, actually."

   The only grade that truly mattered was Sudou's score. I cannot let him get expelled. Then my eyes went down the list until I found his score.

   He got around forty and fifty points in four of the five main subjects, which was considerably high since not too long ago he got fourteen points on the mock test. He'd scored forty points in English.

   "Yes!" Sudou leapt up and shouted with joy.

   So he barely passed, huh? I guess somebody didn't put that much effort towards teaching him! Well at least he has improved.

   "We showed you sensei! When we really try our best, we can do anything!" Yamauchi wore a smug, confident look.

   "Yes, I recognize that. You all passed without any issues. Work hard so that you can pass your final exam as well. Well then, homeroom is over."

   The three idiots were celebrating, while Hirata was relieved. Some students were surprisingly displeased. Aahh, now I get it. Were they happy that a nuisance like Sudou would've been expelled? The rest were happy that they passed.

   While heading to my dorm I passed Ayanokouji's room. There were faint sounds of people talking and laughing. I might as well see what all the commotion is about.

  Knock Knock

   Soon after I knocked Kushida open the door. There were five more people besides Kushida. It was Ayanokouji, Horikita, Ike, Yamauchi, and Sudou.

   "Do you need something?" Kushida asked.

   "I didn't know you were the type of person who would invite a whole group inside your room." I said that towards Ayanokouji completely ignoring Kushida.

   "It's not like I had a choice, they suddenly decided to hold a celebration party in my room." Ayanokouji replied.

   "I was going to tell you something, but it'll have to wait."

   "Since you're here already why don't you stay for a bit?" Horikita asked

   That surprised everyone in the room. Who would've thought that she would act like that?

   "I agree with Horikita-san!" Kushida added.

   "I'll humbly have to decline. Anyways, see you later, Ayanokouji."

   "Okay."

   With that I left his room and went to mine.

A/N
It was going to be longer, but I decided to finish volume 1 before writing longer chapters. Well let me know your opinions so far. Btw, which of the girls do you want the mc to be with? The one who wins will get more attention in the later chapters, but that won't mean the other ones will be left out. They will still appear. I'll try my best to incorporate the girl who wins into the storyline to the best of my ability! I don't like using plot convenience too much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 26.4K 55
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
132K 7.8K 93
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
379K 12K 87
"I have a secret, a well-kept secret for the last almost seven years. The real reason why I went into hiding." After years in a complicated relatio...
751K 20.4K 76
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...