I Wish We'd Never Met Again

By ankitawrites_Xx

{Book 1 in The Never series} "Marry me.", he commanded. "What?", I shrieked in disbelief looking into his eye... More

Aesthetics
I Wish We'd Never Met Again
Chapter 1-Starry or Stormy
Chapter 2- Don't wake the Devil
Chapter 3- The Orphanage
Chapter 4- The Disguise
Chapter 5- The Contract!
Chapter 6- Is he Mr. India?
Chapter 7- My Life is no less than a fairytale- Note the Sarcasm
Chapter 8- Haye such a gentleman!
Chapter 9- Women aren't weak!!
Chapter 10- The Creepy Stalker
Chapter 11- One person & numerable faces.
Chapter 13- You're delusional!
Chapter 14- I Don't Want Her To Die
Chapter 15- Shocks, Stalker and Suffering
Chapter 16- The Past & The Nightmare.
Chapter 17- His laugh
Chapter 18- It will never be Okay
Chapter 19- I Believe You
Chapter 20- Revelations, Truth and a Command.
Chapter 21- Khanna Vs Dwayne
Chapter 22- I can't risk anything involving you
Chapter 23- His Gorgeous Smile
Chapter 24- The Block-of-Ice's Heart
Chapter 25- That Arrogant Son of a Bachelor
Chapter 26- Friends Reunion and a Paper slip.
Chapter 27- My Personal Haven
Chapter 28- I'm here to listen
Chapter 29-Mr Khanna and Mr Senior Khanna
Chapter 30- You're an Exception.
Chapter 31- As the vision, So the world.
Chapter 32- Someone turn the air conditioners on
Chapter 33- Who am I to you?
Chapter 34- My Little Tigress
Chapter 35- I do not belong to any-darn-one.
Chapter 36- One-shot!
Chapter 37- He looked C-O-N-T-E-N-T
Chapter 38- Intox-Intoxy?!
Chapter 39- Peanut butter for his Jelly
Chapter 40- Liza is dangerous!
Chapter 41- The Tragic End-I
Chapter 42- The Tragic End-II
Author's Note & Sequel
The sequel is Published!

Chapter 12- Dear Diary

1.5K 153 67
By ankitawrites_Xx

Dear diary

I know it's been a long since I last talked to you. Don't worry my stars haven't replaced you. Though I talk to them a lot, you will always be my best friend. 

You remember I last talked to you when Dada(elder brother) left me. Yes, 13 years back, we've come quite far. I thought I won't be able to collect myself without him. But my stars know I did... I gathered myself just for maa. She needed me and I needed her. 

I was so lost when he left me alone. His every single thing haunted me and that's why I left writing you because he was the one who made you my best friend. But today... today I feel so hollow, it feels everything has been snatched away from me. I don't wanna let go, I know I'm not that strong. I still want her. I know I messed up badly this time but trust me I never wanted her to face the reality like that. I swear I wanted to protect her but I couldn't. 

Why did Dada leave me? I'm not capable of doing anything. I couldn't make anything right. Neither I could save Dada's orphanage nor I could keep maa protected. Neither I could be a good sister nor a good daughter. I'm utterly pathetic. Mr Khanna says right I'm weak, absolutely weak.

She wiped the drop of tear that fell from her eye on the diary.

2 hours before

Avni's POV

"Stars!", I exclaimed with shock. A shiver of fear and nervousness ran down my spine.

"You two seem to be quite acquainted. Aren't you?", Mr Khanna's voice startled me. I turned to look at him. His eyes were fixed on me.

"Tell me, Miss Mehta.", Mr Khanna said in his cold tone.

"Back to Miss Mehta now, are we?", I said in a sarcastic tone maybe Mr Khanna forgets about his former question.

His oh-so-flawless now adorned a frown.

'Avni you can't miss a single chance to say how beautiful he is, can you?'

'I wasn't complimenting him.'

'Sure you weren't', my devil of conscience said sarcastically.

'P.S. You can do that later also but for now, if you forgot let me remind you the stalker is still watching your every move.'

A wave of anxiety swarmed in me at the mention of the stalker.

"Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, now the most important part of today's evening, the dance. I'd be delighted if you all grace your presence on the dance floor with your respective partners.", the anchor's voice echoed in the ballroom interrupting Mr Khanna's mini interrogative session.

He took a step towards me, my hands fisted the silky cloth of my gown in anticipation.

"This isn't over.", he said and stormed off.

I sighed and made my way through the crowd who were going towards the dance floor. A hand clasped my wrist stopping me in my tracks.

Not him.

Not him.

Please not him.

"Where are you going, honey?", a familiar feminine voice made me sigh in relief. It was just Mrs Shekhawat.

You might be feeling that I was being overdramatic on this stalker stuff but let me tell you I've read plenty of books and it has been proven that people like these lose their ability to recognize what's right and what's not. They tend to do things mindlessly in their obsession with attaining that particular thing. And in no world, I'm gonna let him do anything which affects my Maa. She is everything to me.

"What happened honey, where are you lost?", Mrs Shekhawat asked me, her eyes held worry. For me?

"No nothing ma'am. It's been a long day and I don't feel well."

"Oh no please honey, you can't leave the ball now. Just a dance please."

"Ma'am.", she wanted to go but the look in her eyes made me gulp back the word 'No', and she ended up dragging me back to the hall.

I spotted Mr Khanna and Miss Mali dancing together. While Miss Mali looked like a beaming ball of sunshine, Mr Khanna's eyes held the same boredom that I hold in my eyes when reading a makeup tutorial.
Specific much.
I know.

Anyways I tilted my gaze to see Mrs Shekhawat who was clasping the wrist of a young man this time.

'What's with this lady and clasping of hands.'

I ignored my conscience's comment.

'Ignoring your own self now are we?'

I again ignored her and looked at the young man. I couldn't clearly see his face because Mrs Shekhawat was coming into the view.

She stopped in front of me and that's when I saw his face clearly. An instant familiarity clicked in me. He was the same man I saw in the coffee shop yesterday. The one who had chestnut brown eyes with brown hair who held amusement in his eyes when I was checki- no-no observing him.

"Honey, meet Ivan Wilson, the CFO of  Wilson & Co.", she said with what looked like excitement. But why was she so excited?

"Ivan this is Avni Joshi. You guys didn't have a date so I thought why don't you dance together."

Oh, that explains it.

"Uh Mrs Shekhawat.", I hesitated.

"Such a small world, ain't it. Miss?", Mr Wilson's voice stopped me. A slight smirk adorned his face.

"You guys know each other, that's lovely.", Mrs Shekhawat gushed with happiness.

"Umm", once again I was interrupted by Mr Wilson.

"May I have this dance?", he asked while taking out his hand for me to hold.
The look his eyes held was of hope, I didn't want to reject him but at the same time, I couldn't accept it.

Mrs Shekhawat didn't wait for my answer and once again she clasped my hand and kept it in Mr Wilson's hand.

'This woman and her unnatural obsession for clasping hands.'

I sighed, there was no way going back.

He gently held my hand and ushered me towards the dance floor. His right hand rested on my waist and the other held my left hand. My other hand rested on his shoulder.

"Did it hurt?", he said all of a sudden. Our body still swaying with the soft melody of the music

"Huh?", I scrunched my brows in confusion.

"When an angel like you fell from heaven, did it hurt?", he said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Didn't work?", he said still grinning.
I laughed and shook my head in a no at his failed attempt at flirting.

"Do you happen to have a band-aid?", he asked again.

"Mm... No."

He gently tugged my right hand and twirled me.

"Cause I scraped my knees falling for you.", he said and once again I burst out laughing.

"Cliché."

"I know right. Not my thing.", he said and pulled me a little closer before doing the dipping move.

"Then why do the effort to try?", I asked once he pulled me back.

"I think I lost my mind for a second when I saw you."

"Is it another attempt of flirting?", I laughed. It's been a long since I laughed this much.

"No no jokes aside. You look really beautiful today."

"You look good yourself."

He chuckled and twirled me but before he could hold me back. A new pair of arms encircled my waist. I stiffened but as soon as my eyes met with a pair of cold ones I relaxed.

See I dread Mr Khanna but he's better than that creepy stalker who keeps on threatening me.

"You seem to be enjoying a lot, aren't you?", Mr Khanna said in my ear.

'He surely needs to learn the concept of Personal Space', my conscience scoffed in annoyance.

I kept my hand on his chest to create some distance but no results found.
Iron Man!.

"What's up with this Wilson guy now?"
I shrugged his question and pulled back to leave the dance floor but he gripped my waist holding me in place.

"Why being so nosy hmm?", I asked, annoyed.

"Mm nosy can't be the correct word, why not say interested?", he said threading his fingers with mine.

I scoffed.

"I must say I'm honoured that a person who doesn't look interested in an event held for him is interested in my business. Goodness gracious, you amaze me Mr Khanna.", I said quoting his word: 'interested'.

"Don't think so highly of yourself Miss Mehta I just don't want to be embarrassed because let me remind you, you are here on the behalf of your imaginary brother who apparently works for me.", Mr Khanna said and turned me half through such that my back now hit his chest. Suddenly I felt a bit rise in temperature, do I have a fever?

His palm now rested on my stomach, my hands on his.

My phone vibrated in my pocket making me stiff. I tugged Mr Khanna's hand in an attempt to pull away but his grip only tightened on me.

"Mr Khanna please leave me.", I said softly so that no one else catches our words.
The next moment I was left alone wondering what the hell just happened. One moment he wasn't leaving me and the other he left all of a sudden without a single darn word. He surely had some screws missing in that pretty head of his.

My phone vibrated again bringing me out of my thoughts.

There were two messages one by a private number and another by Maa.

I quickly clicked on the one by Maa:
Come to home, now.

Several thoughts swarmed my mind, why did maa say that.

I clicked on the other message.

As much as I hate doing that, you didn't leave me any choice, love. I told you well to stay away from Neil Khanna but you don't seem to get the message, do you? So you see you deserve the punishment. All the best.
Also, don't forget to give my greetings to Saasu mom. I love you, my love.

I cringed at the last words but a wave of fear settled in my heart. I genuinely hoped that this message had nothing to do with that of maa's.
Quickly bidding my adieu to Mrs Shekhawat, I rushed out of Hotel Paradise.

Avni's POV ends

As soon as Avni's silhouette left the premises of Hotel Paradise, Neil ordered one of his bodyguards to follow her to make sure she was safe. 

He was just about to go back to the hall when his eyes caught a shining article. He went close to it and that's when he recognized it. It was the same earring Avni was wearing today. He ran his thumb on the diamond of the earring and quickly kept it in his pocket.

On the other side, Avni was shaking with anxiety. Neela and the stalker's message were blinding her thoughts.

She reached her home and with the same shaky hands cautiously unlocked the house.

A deafening silence was engulfing the house. She saw Neela sitting on the couch.

"Maa.", Avni called out for her.

"Maa.", she kept her hand on Neela's shoulder to catch her attention.

Everything happened in such a blink of time that Avni couldn't decipher what the hell actually happened. A stinging pain was experienced by her on her cheek.

She looked at Neela who held a blinding fury in her eyes.

"M.. Maa w-what happened?", Avni's voice trembled.

"What do I tell you Avni, you tell me what happened?", Neela asked getting off the couch and finally facing her. 

"I don't know maa what you're talking about.", she said, her voice came out only in a whisper.

"How long had you been hiding the truth from me Avni?", Neela's voice was sterner this time.

"Maa relax you sit and we'll talk about it.", Avni said softly, she knew it wasn't good for Neela to speak in such a high-pitched voice.

"Why didn't you tell me Avni?", Neela said, her voice cracked at the end.

"Maa let's talk about it.", Avni said though she had no idea what they were going to talk about.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I'M SUFFERING FROM CANCER?", Neela yelled at her making her flinch

Avni's eyes widened at her words, a choked sob left her throat.

"How can you do this Avni?", Neela asked with tears holding her arms tightly." How could you hide such a big thing from me, tell me Avni? You thought I wasn't strong enough to digest the fact that I'm going to die soon."

Tears finally spilled her eyes.

"Don't say that maa, I'm not letting anything happen to you."

"Who gave you the right to make decisions for me, tell me Avni? You think I'm weak, I am not capable to face the truth. Do you think of me being so pathetically weak? TELL ME AVNI MEHTA?", Neela yelled making Avni flinch terribly.

"Maa p-please listen to me. I swear I didn't think like that.", Avni pleaded to Neela wiping her tears.

"Don't talk to me, for now, Avni, I don't know what will I say now. Go to your room.", Neela ordered Avni turning her back to her.

"Maa please let me explain.", Avni stretched her hand to hold Neela's hand.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM, NOW.", Neela yelled at her making Avni retract her hand. 

Avni didn't want Neela to yell more, it would affect Neela's health condition more, hence she climbed the stairs to her room silently with heavy steps. Her eyes were filled with tears and pain. She never wanted Neela to know the truth like this. Soon she was going to tell herself.

She opened her absolutely dark room, the only source of illumination was the light from stars that seeped through the windows in her room.

She locked the door and slid down against it. Finally letting everything out.

I'm sorry 

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

Her words echoed in the room.

Back to the present
She closed the diary and laid her head against the wall. She was drained emotionally, physically, and mentally. Her eyes betrayed her not letting a single drop fell from them anymore. 

And slowly her eyes drooped and everything went black finally shutting her off the cruel world.

"I need you here Dada.", she whispered inaudibly before slipping into darkness.

Translation to the Hindi term used: Dada- Elder brother. You may have such misconception that it means Father, it does I agree but in Maharashtrian, its meaning is ELDER BROTHER<3

Poor Avu.

I literally felt tears in my eyes while typing this chapter. Call me a drama Queen but Neela was the only family Avni had and she also shut her off.

Anyways Thank you so much for reading.

Finally, you know who's orphanage it was.

Don't forget to write a comment be it criticizing but please do it, helps me to improve. And please don't close this story without clicking the star button, really encourages me. If you are liking the book please tag your friends and share it as much as you can

Precap-same

P.S.Next chapter when we have 700+ votes on this book.

P.P.S.Love you all

P.P.P.S. *hehe* Aapki seva mein sadev tatpar

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 15K 36
Ever wonder how your supposed best day of life will turn into a lifelong nightmare. Two people, two different worlds yet bound by the same emotion, "...
668K 35.4K 41
COMPLETED✅ #1 on indian on 23/3/21 #1 on care on 25/5/21 #1 on india #1 on together on 10/10/21 #1 on apart Veer Singhania. A self made billionaire...
93.9K 4K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
215K 8K 31
"Vihaan wait....." I shout. He flinches or was it my imagination. "How are you?" I ask in broken voice. He turns and this time I flinch. His eyes a...