The Lone She-Wolf: The Spirit...

Oleh OlympusPlayer

Sequel to: The Lone She-Wolf Who Never Wanted a Mate! It's been almost five years since Dani had accepted the... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 [SWQ]
Chapter 3 [SWQ]
Chapter 4 [SWQ]
Chapter 5 [SWQ]
Chapter 6 [SWQ]
Chapter 7 [SWQ]
Chapter 8 [SWQ]
Chapter 10 [SWQ]
Chapter 11 [SWQ]
Chapter 12 [SWQ]
Chapter 13 [SWQ]
Chapter 14 [SWQ]
Chapter 15 [SWQ]
Chapter 16 [SWQ]
Chapter 17 [SWQ]
Chapter 18 [SWQ]
Chapter 19 [SWQ]
Chapter 20 [SWQ]
Chapter 21 [SWQ]

Chapter 9 [SWQ]

16.1K 281 23
Oleh OlympusPlayer

February 20, 2011 (8:15 pm)

I don't think words can describe what I feel right now. Just hallow and empty. Unless my bunny found shelter, food, and water, then he's still alive. But after three nights?

Nothing helps anymore.

If I didn't have vacation this week.... it would be awful. I can't imagine what would happen if I went to school tomorrow, just knowing he won't be there when I come back.

________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

Jace and I walked out of the motel hand in hand. I smiled to myself like an idiot. Nothing could be more perfect than him.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Jace asked looking at me.

I smiled at him and shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just happy, I guess."

He smiled at me. "I'm happy to, babe," he said. "But I'm not smiling like a pedophile."

My mouth formed and "o" and I playfully shoved him. He just laughed at me. "Why are you taking a pedophile on a date then?" I asked him.

"Because she's so damn hot," he said smirking.

I rolled my eyes. "The things guys do for looks," I said and pulled my hand out of his. He growled not liking it one bit. He took my waist and leaned in close to my ear.

"You're mine tonight," he said in a dark tone. "If you try to pull away, it will only make me want you more tonight. And the more I want you, the more heated things get, Danielle Cameron."

My eyes widened. And I nodded. Satisfied, he let go and took my handed again. I scowled. "Jace Colton Broderick!" I exclaimed. "Did you just threaten me?"

He smiled and kissed the hand he was holding. "No, baby," he told me. "I just made you a promise. I promise that things will get really heated if you try to resist me."

"What if I don't?" I asked a bit curious now.

"Same thing happens," Jace said. "You are drop dead gorgeous."

I blushed and looked away. "We almost there?" I asked.

"We're already are," he said softly. I looked up and found that we were at a restaurant called Manger à L'Amour. It was beautiful with many twinkling lights and vines around the building.

"Wow," I breathed. "It's beautiful, Jace. I can't believe this. It's amazing."

Jace smiled and kissed my forehead. "Happy birthday, Dani," he said quietly.

I was torn now. Should I kiss him and then go in. I mean, it was so beautiful. I was so anxious to see the inside. I'll kiss him later. My hand found his and I practically dragged him into the restaurant. All while he was trying not to laugh at me.

We got up to the receptionist and she asked us for the name. "Broderick," Jace said.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Oh, so this is the lucky girl?" I smiled in response then shot a look at Jace who squeezed my hand. "Right this way then," she said as she led us back outside.

Okay, so now I was confused. The restaurant is over there and we are heading away from it? The lady led us behind the restaurant. There was a staircase. we began climbing it and came onto the roof.

Again, I shot a questioning look at Jace. He just smiled at me. He was annoying me right now. When I looked out over the roof, my breath caught in my throat. It was beautiful.

There was a table and two chairs. A white table cloth covered the table and there were red rose petals that were scattered around it. Two candles light the table, while many twinkling lights lit the roof. It was all just so beautiful.

I looked over at Jace. My eyes filled with tears. He pulled me into his arms. The receptionist left. As carefully as I could, without smudging my make-up, I wiped my eyes. "You okay?" Jace whispered.

I nodded. "This is so beautiful, Jace," I said. "This is amazing. How could I even deserve something like this? Someone like you?"

He chuckled and kissed my temple. "Very easily, love. Your the reason I'm still alive."

"Your the reason I came back," I said softly.

Jace's P.O.V.

Yep. I'm a genius. She loved it.

I definitely have this romance thing down pat. Dani loved it.

I even made her cry! Well... not in the bad way. Never in the bad way. I would never do that again. But, in the good way. I mean, she loved it! I'm the best.

"Let's sit down," I murmured softly. She nodded and I took her hand. I led her to the table and pulled her chair for her. Once she sat down, he sat in the chair opposite to her.

"This is amazing, Jace," she told me. "Thank you so much. This is just so incredible."

I smiled. "It's a special night," I said to her. "You are twenty-one now."

An evil glint appeared in her eyes and she put on a devious smile. "If I'm twenty-one, then that means I can drink," she said.

Uh oh. "Miss Cameron," I said. "If you get drunk tonight, then you can expect a major hang over in the morning and me laughing at you say 'I told you so'," I said scowling.

She rolled her eyes. "I can control myself, Jacey Boy, don't worry," she said.

Again, I scowled. "Call me that again and you will regret it," I said in a low voice.

Dani leaned towards me. "And just what are you going to do, hun?" she asked.

Before I could respond our waitress came up to us and asked our orders for our drinks. Well, she asked me mostly. I could feel her checking me out and my wolf side didn't like it. I could feel Dani get jealous, too.

When our drinks were ordered, she waitress started to leave, but then tripped. It wouldn't be unusual if she had tripped over something or her own feet, but she didn't. I furrowed my brow. That was odd.

I heard Dani's phone vibrate. She took it out and flipped it open. The next moment she was smirking and shaking her head, laughing. "What is it?" I asked.

She showed me the text message. It was from Katie. The text read : "I've got it covered. Enjoy your dinner :D". I laughed.

Katie was a witch and Dani's best friend. If I didn't make sure this dinner was perfect, then Katie would. She had made the waitress trip and I owed her. "How's she doing with Shane?" I asked.

Dani smiled. "There doing well. They love each other a lot, but what can you expect from mates?"

"Nothing less," I said. "The first witch/werewolf couple ever."

She took a roll and started to nibble on it. "Why hasn't there been one before?"

I shrugged. "There aren't many witches and warlocks left. With the Salem witch trials and everything, a lot of them had been destroyed. I'm surprised that I didn't realize that Katie was a witch before."

"Is her whole family witches?"

I shook my head. "No. It usually skips two generations, so one of her great-grandparents must've been one."

"Oh," she said just as a new waitress came back with out drinks. Dani just ended up ordering an ice-tea. I got a diet coke. There was champagne on the table, too.

We put in our orders and started talking about some new things. I asked her about Ryan, Cody, Ben, her grandparents, and some more people from home. When I asked her about Savannah, she kind of tensed a bit and didn't say much. 

When we started talking about something else, she relaxed again. I wondered if she was in a fight with her, but it didn't seem like that. It seemed like she was almost..... afraid. I didn't want her to be scared.

Our food came and we started eating more than talking. We both tried some of the champagne. It was okay, it wasn't my favorite alcoholic drink, but it was pretty good for champagne.

After we were finished, Dani didn't want desert, so I paid the bill and we left. We didn't want to go back to the motel yet, so we walked around and came to a small park. We sat down to the swings and were quiet for a bit. Then she spoke.

Dani's P.O.V.

"Jace?" I asked tentatively.

He looked at me. "Is something wrong?"

I sighed and stroked his hand that I had in mine. "What's going to happen when this is all over? I mean I know we go back, but what if things aren't the same as before?"

"Dani," he whispered my name. "Things won't be the same. We've been gone for a long time, but what ever we do, we'll do together. You'll never be alone."

When he said that, I remembered the e-mail. The person said we were the same, but I don't see how that could be possible. I was a werewolf. And I'm not a werewolf by genetics. It's by chance. No one was the same as me. I was different.

"I'm scared," I whispered quietly. "What if we can't kill Tokala. What if I die again. I don't want to die again. I don't want you to be stuck either. I want to be with you forever, Jace. I hate being away from you." My breathing became ragged, yet I didn't cry. I couldn't.

Jace stood and pulled me into his arms. His hands ran down my bare back trying to soothe me. I admit, it did work. Skin to skin contact between mates did that a lot. Once I was calm, Jace pulled back to look at me. His worried eyes searched mine.

I stood up on my tippy-toes and kissed him. I could tell he was surprised at first, but he soon got into it. His arms wound themselves around my waist and he bent his head down more to I didn't have to reach so high.

One of my hands held onto his shoulder and the other held the back of his neck. I sighed happily against his lips and I felt him smile. His hold on me tightened. We stayed like that, kissing for a few more minutes before he pulled back.

Our foreheads were pressed against each other as we caught our breath.

"I will never let anything ever happen to you again, Dani," Jace said. "I will always be here to protect you. I promise." I nodded and he kissed me once more before taking my hand again. "Let's go home."

_________________________________

February 21, 2011 (6:40 pm)

There's chapter nine. Definitely one of my favorites. Nine's my luck number, so I guess it's fitting.

My bunny is still missing and it's been three days. That also means I've cried three nights in a row. Not much hope left. I feel completely empty.

I don't like leaving my house because I know that when I come home, he won't be there waiting for me when I get back. That's the one thing that hurts me: knowing that he's not here anymore. I don't even know if he's alive or dead. I think that it'd be better if I at least knew he was dead. That way, I wouldn't keep looking out the window to see that he's not there.

Anyway, I hope you liked it.

TTFN

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

29.7K 1K 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...
1.7M 26.7K 24
Danielle (Dani) Cameron was born into a family of humans, but she was a werewolf. To her description, she was a lone, independent she-wolf, and proud...
872K 32.6K 35
[COMPLETED] After Red found her mate, she was ecstatic, finally she gets to feel that love told only in stories, however everything quickly goes down...
Wolf Oleh Michuyu

Manusia Serigala

95.7K 4.8K 14
Jace is the up coming beta of his pack. A week after his 18th birthday, he decides to go out on a run. Then he unexpectedly found his mate near the e...