Nothing Built can Last Foreve...

By GAMGAM_23

You died and got reincarnated... Yes I know VERY original. (Minecraft Story Mode Fanfic) Minecraft is not min... More

Prologue (Part 1)
Prologue (Part 2)
Bio
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 1
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 2
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 3
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 4
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 5
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 6
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 7
Episode 0: Wait, What? Chapter 8
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 1
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 2
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 3
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 4
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 5
Episode 1: The Order of the Stone. Chapter 6
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 2
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 3
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 4
Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 5
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 1
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 2
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 3
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 4
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 5
Episode 3: The Last Place You Look. Chapter 6
Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place. Chapter 1
Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place. Chapter 2
Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place. Chapter 3
Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place. Chapter 4

Episode 2: Assembly Required. Chapter 1

7.4K 171 140
By GAMGAM_23

Talking
(Thinking)
'Whispering'
YELLING
{Telepathy}
_________________________________________

Jesse: Previously on Nothing Built can Last Forever, But Your Imagination can...

Narrator: Heroes can come from unlikely beginnings, while few were born to hold the mantle of hero... Broken friendships can lead to dark rivalries. When the world is in danger, fate calls on the ordinary to do extra-ordinary deeds... While the rest would go on journeys they had only dreamed of... You would stay behind to help the rest... Our heroes, thrown together by fate... must now seek help from a legendary inventor, and you will do what you can to get to them. While they would help Gabriel the Warrior in reuniting the others, one question remains... Will it be enough to save the world? Only time will tell...

This episode begins with Jesse, Petra, Olivia, and Reuben using the minecart rails to get to the redstone engineer known as Ellegaard. While on the minecart rails Olivia was looking at them in astonishment. (Petra is first at the front, second is Reuben, third is Jesse, and at the end is Olivia.)

Olivia: This is so cool! The amount of engineering it must've taken to do this... Automated train tracks running all through the Nether? Connecting all the different Order members? And imagine the scaffolding you'd need to make all this! Ellegaard was probably fighting off zombie pigmen with one hand, wiring redstone with the other...

Jesse: This is impressive! Thanks to these rails, we'll be there in no time!

Petra: Hey, you two. We're going to the Order for a reason remember? If we don't get the Order back together, the Wither Storm is going to eat everything.

Jesse: Yeah, you're right about that... but don't worry Petra. We're going to get Ellegaard, get her to help us, and we're going to save the world.

Petra: I hope you're right...

Olivia: Yeah, we definitely stand a better chance with Ellegaard's help.

Petra: Uh, guys?! We have company!

Jesse, Olivia, and Reuben looked at the end of the tunnel and saw a Ghast. Before they could do anything the ghast shot a fireball at them. The fireball missed, but it hit the ground right behind them exploding on impact. The carts were caught in the blast radius, which led to them getting derailed, and Jesse and the others falling off their carts.

Olivia: WAUUUGHHHH!

Jesse: AHHH!

Reuben: *SQUEAL!*

Petra: WOAH!

Jesse, Olivia, and Reuben fall flat on the ground, while Petra bent her knees and rolled on the ground to reduce the fall damage.

Jesse: Ow, ow, ow, ow!

Olivia: Owww.

They got back up on their feet.

Petra: You guys alright?

Before they can answer, a different ghast caught their attention.

Jesse: Hide!

The ghast fired a fireball at them, but they managed to dodge and get behind some soul sand.

Petra: Great, more ghasts.

Jesse looked around for the minecarts they were in to see if they were still alright. Jesse then noticed the minecarts slowly going over a cliff.

Jesse: The minecarts!

To make matters worse, Petra noticed a wither skeleton making it's way towards them.

Petra: We've got more trouble! Olivia! Go get the minecarts! Jesse and I will cover you!

Olivia: Ok!

Petra: Take care of the ghast, Jesse! I'll deal with the wither skeleton!

Jesse: Alright!

The ghast fired a fireball at the soul sand the they we're hiding behind. They were all able to dodge it, but their cover was gone. Olivia made her way towards the minecarts and began putting them back on track with Jesse covering her. While Jesse was busy sending the fireballs back to the ghast Petra was in the middle of fighting a wither skeleton. The wither skeleton would swing at Petra with it's sword, but Petra would dodge it's swing, and attack. After a few close calls, and a few more swings, Petra killed the wither skeleton at around the same time Jesse killed the ghast. Once the hostile mobs were taken care of they all made their way towards Olivia. By the time they got to her the carts were back on track. Reuben was a bit scared, but Jesse calmed him down.

Olivia: Okay, we're all set to go again! Get in!

Jesse: Time to move, buddy! Let's go!

Reuben: *Oink!*

Jesse, Petra, and Reuben got in their original spots while Olivia got ready to get the carts going with the powered rails.

Olivia: Hitting the powered tracks... now!

Once she said that she jumped in her minecart, and the carts began speeding down the tracks once again.

Olivia: I never doubted you two for a second, but that was incredible!

Jesse: Thanks!

Petra: Look! There's the sign! "Redstonia!"

Olivia: Redstonia here we come!

The carts enter another tunnel that leads them to Redstonia, but it'll still take time to get there... So! Let's check up on a certain someone!

*Meanwhile with you*

You were currently in a dense forest still making your way towards your friends last location was. Even though their markers aren't appearing on the map anymore, you still remembered where the markers were. So you aligned yourself with where their makers were, faced that direction, and began walking straight. While you were walking through the dense forest you couldn't shake off the feeling that you were being watched. Not just by one person, but multiple people. You decided to ignore it, but the feeling kept getting worse and worse. You stopped and looked around only to be met with nothing. No cows, no pigs, no chickens, just... nothing.

Y/n: (Ok... am I being watched or is my mind playing tricks on me?)

You continue on through the forest, but after walking about thirty blocks you heard something. You heard the sound of string being pulled, this sound was different, it wasn't the sound a bow would make, no... this was a sound that a crossbow would make when loading up an arrow. Feeling that you're not alone you pulled out your sword and turned around.

Y/n: Who's there?!

...

Nothing, no response, it was so quiet that you began to hear nothing but the ringing in your ears. Reluctantly, you put your sword away and turned around.

Y/n: (Maybe mind is playing tricks on me...)

You were about to continue on walking, but before you could take another step you heard rustling sounds... and then an arrow being fired. Thinking fast, you pulled out your sword and turned around to deflect the arrow just in time, but when you looked for who fired at you, you saw nothing.

Y/n: (They're in the trees...) I know you're there! Show yourself!

...

Silence filled the air once again, but this time you wouldn't let your guard down, not for a second. You closed your eyes and focused on your hearing, you controlled your breathing to make less noise, and once it was quiet, you heard the sound of a crossbow again. It seemed to come from in front of you, but before you could make your way towards the noise, you heard rapid footsteps coming from behind you. You shot your eyes wide open and turned around, only to met with two axes being swung at you. You managed to block it and push the attacker back a bit, but the person attacking you was...

A vindicator!

Y/n: (A vindicator?! Wait... that means the one firing the arrows is-)

You were taken out of your thoughts by the sound of an arrow firing again. You turned around quickly and deflected the arrow once again, but this time you saw who was firing.

A pillager.

Y/n: (What are they doing all the way out here?! There's no outpost, or mansion nearby on the map!)

Now that their presence is known, the rest began to reveal themselves. They came from behind the trees. In total there were four vindicators, and three pillagers. The vindicators surrounded you, while the pillagers stayed back to fire their crossbows. You noticed that none of the pillagers had a banner.

Y/n: (Ok, I don't need to worry about more pillagers coming to help.) What do you want from me?

One of the pillagers fired an arrow at your head, but you tilted your head to the side causing the arrow to miss.

Y/n: Welp, I tried.

The vindicators came in to attack two at a time, one swung from behind while the other closed in from in front of you. You ducked underneath the axe from the vindicator from behind, and dodged a swing from above that came from in front of you. You kicked the vindicator in front of you away, and deflected three arrows that the pillagers fired at you. You were able to turn around and block an attack from the vindicator behind you, and pushed it back causing it to stagger a bit. The other vindicators standing by were about to come in to keep the pressure up, but in the small opening you had, you stabbed the staggering vindicator through the head with your sword causing it's body to *poof* out of existence. The pillagers looked at their comrade's body disappear in shock, but the vindicators looked on in anger. The vindicators attacked all at once, two from in front of you, and one behind you. You were able to dodge, and parry their attacks with relative ease, while trying to look for an opening to attack. The pillagers were trying to get a shot in, but they didn't want to risk shooting any of the vindicators. Soon you saw one of the vindicators in front of you get tired. You then took this chance to kick the fatigued vindicator away, you then parried a downward slash that the other vindicator in front of you did. Once you parried it, you backhanded him away, this let the pillagers get their chance and fired at you, but you dodge out of the way. The vindicator behind you tried to swing down at you, but you sidestepped. This caused the vindicator to be left wide open, and this opening was all you needed to decapitate him. The vindicator's head rolled on the rolled on the ground stopping a good couple blocks away from the pillagers before both the body, and the head *poofed* out of existence. This filled one of the pillager with fear, and the others with anger.

Y/n: (Two down. Five to go.)

The two vindicators got back up and attacked you again. You were blocking, and parrying as usual, but this time you felt some sort of pain in your body, or-well your whole body.

Y/n: (What? Why does my body feel sore all over?! Is this the wither sickness?! God didn't mention this!)

Not wanting to mess around any longer, you blocked one of the vindicators attacks with one hand, and punched it away with the other. You noticed the pillagers were getting ready to fire, so you stabbed your sword through the chest of the other vindicator in front of you and used it's body as a shield against the arrows. While the pillagers were reloading you made your way towards the vindicator on the ground and killed it by stabbing it in the head. Once you were done with that, you faced the pillagers. Looks of uncertainty overcame two of the pillagers, while fear over took the other. They all fired their arrows at you, but you parried each, and every single one of them. The pillagers hopelessly tried to reload their crossbows as fast as they can, meanwhile you got your bow ready with two arrows. You aimed the bow, and fired the arrows at the heads of two pillagers which killed them instantly. The final pillager was completely over taken by fear, they began to run back to wherever it came from, but before it was completely out of sight you got your bow ready to fire a warning shot.

Y/n: (You were wise to run.)

You fired an arrow at the pillager, more specifically the arm. The arrow made it's mark and embedded itself in the arm of the pillager. This was most likely a warning the pillager wouldn't take lightly.

Y/n: (Pillagers have crossbows, but nobody knows how to make them yet? Hm... they must be in hiding, but why? What's so important that they wouldn't be out pillaging villages already? And why were they following me? *Sigh* Might as well ask God. Call God.)

...

Y/n: (Not answering? Hmm... probably eating what I suggested him to eat.)

*Meanwhile with God*

God was currently in el Centro de Guadalajara in the four plazas having a good ol torta loca.

God: *Groan* (This is so good, but I can't finish it all! This mortal form really is limiting.)

*With you*

Y/n: (I need to get to the others... I probably change a lot of things by saving Gabriel, and pushing Petra through the portal... Welp, only time will tell.)

You continue making your way towards the last known location of your friends to reunite with them.

*With Jesse*

Jesse, and the others were still in the minecarts making their way to Redstonia where they can find Ellegaard. Soon the minecarts reached the end of the rails and found themselves at a portal. They all get off the minecarts, and make their way towards the portal.

Jesse: You're about to meet the greatest Redstone Builders in the world...

Olivia: Wow. Who would've thought that someday I'd really get to visit Redstonia? Ellegaard's Capital City of Engineering. Incredible. Do you think Ellegaard will be willing... you know, to help us?

Petra: Most likely. Gabriel himself said that Ellegaard is reasonable.

With that they all go through the portal to Redstonia. Once they make it on the other side they go to the edge of the platform, right after that a bridge comes from under water and allows them to get across the water. They all go across the bridge and make their way towards the large dome.

They see a crowd in front of the large dome along with Ellegaard giving a speech from a platform on the dome.

Ellegaard: Builders of Redstonia! I want you to know how much I value and adore each and every one of you! Your hard work inspires me everyday!

Olivia: Guys. There she is.

Ellegaard: I am about to enter my Dome of Concentration, where I will be unreachable for the foreseeable future, but I will emerge when I complete my latest and greatest creation: the Command Block!

The crowd cheers when they hear this.

Ellegaard: So please! Continue working! Continue building! And whichever person most impresses me... They shall be my protege! Ready to help me usher in a new era of innovation and creativity! Calvin, throw the switch!

The old man known as "Calvin" pulled a lever which caused the entire Dome of Concentration to begin closing. Before the entrance could close, Ellegaard entered the dome.

Olivia: Guys! We need to get there before she totally locks herself in!

Jesse, and Olivia begin running up the stairs while Petra, and Reuben stay at the bottom of the stairs. As both Jesse and Olivia make it halfway up the stairs, the stairs begin going into the wall. Eventually, even the stairs they were standing on went into the wall causing them both to fall on the ground. Petra face palmed, and Reuben walked up to Jesse. Both Jesse, and Olivia got up.

Jesse: Ah, crap.

Reuben: *Confused oink*

Jesse noticed the guy who pulled the lever, and made her way towards him with Olivia following.

Jesse: Excuse me, Mr.... Calvin, was it? We need to speak to Ellegaard. It's urgent.

Calvin: Oh, I'm afraid that's quite impossible. Did you hear the speech? She's on lockdown until she completes her next great invention. But lucky for you, I'm here! How can I help you? I mean, I'm no Ellegaard... But I'm still pretty cool.

Jesse: Well you need to take us to her. It's really really important.

Calvin: Mmmm, no. I'm afraid not. Look, I can tell you're not from around here. Level with me. Who are you? Why do you need to see Ellegaard? We don't do tours this time of year, I must tell you. And Ellegaard isn't one for "appointments."

Jesse: I have a message from Gabriel, okay? Ellegaard's old friend?

Calvin: Hmm. You must admit that this all sounds a little outlandish.

Olivia: Jesse! Show him the amulet.

Jesse pulled out the amulet to show it to Calvin.

Jesse: Look. This is Gabriel's amulet. It's how I got here. It's how I found Ellegaard in the first place.

Calvin: Oh my. That is interesting. If you'd like I could send that to Ellegaard. Maybe that would help your mission?

Olivia: Might not be a bad idea... Of course, you might also want to hang on to it.

Jesse: No way. Gabriel gave this amulet to me. No way am I parting with it.

Calvin: Well fine then. I don't have time for this. I'm afraid I have many more things to attend to than answering all of your questions. I must go. Better just take this repeater and disable the stair controls. We don't want any trouble makers disturbing Ellegaard.

With that said, Calvin takes the redstone repeater that activated the dome and leaves. Reuben sniffs the air for a moment, then he makes his way towards some cows in a fence and sits down near them.

Olivia: Guess we'll need to get another repeater.

Jesse: Right.

Jesse, and Olivia split up to look for a repeater. Jesse began her search for a redstone repeater, she decided to ask around if anyone had any spare repeaters around. She made her way to a guy with an afro and a lab coat.

Jesse: Hi.

Disco: Heyyy, how's it goin' how ya doin'?  Here to see the next great revolution in entertainment? It's pretty amazing. Definitely the sort of creation that Ellegaard's future protege might make, no?

Jesse: Actually I was wondering, can you spare a repeater?

Disco: Ooooh, sorry friend. Actually just used my last one on this puppy. One of the key components that helps the cows dance, ha ha!

Jesse: What am I looking at exactly?

Disco: This, friend-o-mine, is a Bovine Lava Disco!

He flips a switch which removes the lava wall and shows cows dancing inside.

Disco: The perfect fusion of my two loves; cows and music! Ellegaard's gonna see it and make me her protege for sure.

Jesse: Need a hand with anything?

Disco: That's mighty groovy of you to offer, but I'm doing just fine thanks. So long as that dunderhead sticks over there.

Jesse: I'm actually gonna keep on keeping on.

Disco: Enjoy the dancing cows! Just stay away from that little schoolboy, alright? He's never has an original idea in his life.

Jesse then made her way towards the "schoolboy" the Disco guy mentioned.

Schoolboy: Hey what's up what's up? Here to see the... Best. Machine... that's ever graced Redstonia's shores? Some people say I "lack modesty." But some people just aren't as great as I am. And "some people"... are idiots. But why am I telling you all this? I'm trying to be Ellegaard's protege over here and you're probably all in cahoots with that disco weirdo over there. I'm pretty sure he just enjoys torturing cows.

Jesse got an idea in her head, albeit a dark idea, but the world is at steak. Jesse made her way towards the Disco guy again.

Disco: I saw you over there talking to him. What lies has he been telling you? What's he saying these days?

Jesse: I told him I wouldn't tell you... But he thinks you're a cow-killer. A real cow cruelty nut.

Disco: That little... Argh! I'll show him!

He begins making his way towards "schoolboy."

Disco: Hey! Yo! Schoolboy! We gotta have some words!

The Disco guy, and the schoolboy get into a heated argument. While this happens Jesse goes to the repeater used for the Lava Disco, takes it, and runs off without being seen. The missing repeater causes the machine to malfunction and begin killing the cows inside.

Disco: Wha-?! No! My machine! My cows! Something's gone wrong with the clock circuit! The lava isn't switching with the water!

Schoolboy: Oh nooo your amazing invention.

Disco: You! You did this!

Schoolboy: Hey. I'm not taking credit for annny of this. That machine's been a cow deathtrap since block one!

Disco: Oh my cows... My poor cows...

(You've lost karma!)

Jesse made her was back to the switches that activate the dome. She placed the repeater down where the old one was. Jesse then pulled a switch that happens to have only lowered the walls, nothing else.

Jesse: Switch is on.

Olivia: That doesn't seem super useful.

Jesse: I'm working on it, Olivia. These aren't exactly labeled, y'know.

Jesse then pulls another switch, this time it activated the stairs.

Jesse: (Ok, good good.)

Jesse pulls the final switch which opens the door to the dome.

Jesse: Bam! Door opened!

Petra: Let's go.

They all make their way into the Dome of Concentration to seek the help of Ellegaard. You, on the other hand were still making your way towards their location, but one question ran through your head. Why were those illigers following you? Something tells me it'll be a long time before we find out.

(A/N: There you go! Next episode has begun! What did you think? Let me know in the comments! Why do you think the illagers we're following us? I can't tell you, but I'd like to hear what you think the reason was! One more thing!

Thank you guys for the support! I didn't really think this story would get this far to be completely honest. Anyway, see you next time!)

3665 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

792K 31.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
639K 30.4K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
864K 40.2K 172
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
444K 13.4K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...