Naruto: The Realm of Magic.

By Haraviel

Fate would not have Naruto die without living a long life. With a toss of a coin, Fate tossed Naruto into the... More

Chapter 1: Part I.

77 1 0
By Haraviel

|うずまき ナルト|

A Dragon's breath and Tenrou Island just disappeared. If Acnologia was not disappointed at how it was easy it was to toss aside an entire Guild that was perhaps the strongest in Fiore, he would have been praising his strength. None of them had any strength to even make him consider them as nothing more than insects. And that Zeref had already disappeared. Acnologia could not think of any reason better than that he was afraid to face him. Though immortal, the black mage had not the power to face him. Where was he going to find a worthy foe? Someone who could entertain him. Someone he could rip apart after much labor and hard work.

Well, at least he managed to get rid of more Dragon Slayers. There were just a couple remaining. But even they were not worth hunting. He'd only even bothered flying over to this island because he had sensed Zeref's magic. A disappointing end. Acnologia flapped his wings, disappointed as he was, yet happy he had done what he'd set to do, he took the air. It was only when his face was slapped by a cloud that he sensed something on his head. He wanted to look, but it was on his head – he couldn't see. But nevertheless could sense the magic.

When he recognized the magic and the all familiar scent, Acnologia didn't bother talking to the mage. He just shook violently, blasting away the clouds that had gathered to mourn Tenrou Island. The person held firmly, not being shaken off him. Acnologia tucked his wings, and then faced down with his head. It was a free fall from there. Sea waters splashed into a gigantic wave as the Dragon King crashed into the sea, head first. When he blasted out of the water, there was no sign of the person on his head. Acnologia didn't go far, he just hovered above the waters, glaring down.

Naruto emerged from the waters before standing still, his long blond hair wet; he wore a long dark coat that was torn at edges; it had long sleeves nor no collars. Inside, from his waist, he was covered in bandages, half way through his chest, leaving a toned part exposed. Down, he wore dark blue shinobi pants and shinobi boots. A wooden stuff was visible from his left shoulder. On his right hand, he held a wet straw hat, his eyes were cast upon the hat rather than the monstrous dragon, leaking a menacing intent just above him.

"It's ruined," he said with disappointment before it became engulfed in blue dark blue flames. His eyes turned to the Dragon King.

Acnologia's very presence amounted to death. There was no normal person who could stand before the dragon and not have his survival instincts creaming for him to flee. The very first time Naruto had met the Dragon, a chance meeting, it had been. But the Dragon had not bothered saying a damn word to him. it had immediately gone onto the assault. He had barely escaped. A couple of more rounds like that, and over the years, the Dragon stopped trying to murder him simply for existing. In all those the Dragon tried to kill him, Naruto had never fought back – he'd always worked on an escape jutsu.

"I know you hate Dragon Slayers, but really, to try to eliminate everyone within the Island? Isn't that a bit too much?" Naruto asked, shaking his head to try to dry off the water dripping off his head.

Acnologia ignored what Naruto said. "Have you come to die as well?"

Naruto held up both his hands in surrender. "I still love my life. There are too many women that I have yet to explore. It would be a shame for me to die here. And I have not come to fight either. I have not yet reached the heights of immortality to do anything suicidal as trying to fight you."

Hearing that, Acnologia flapped his wings and started to fly away without responding to Naruto.

While he could count the number of times he's met the blonde, Acnologia could not count the number of years it has been since their first encounter. Still, the fact that Naruto was simply going to run from him bored him. Acnologia was bored of it. There was nothing fun about hunting something that did not fight back.

"Ah!" Naruto looked dumbfounded as he pointed towards the flying Dragon. "The damn Lizard just walked away from me!"

Naruto didn't bother trying to pursue the dragon, not when he had been shown the mercy. Ridiculous, in all his years, that was perhaps the longest dialogue he has ever exchanged with the Dragon. Trying to talk to Acnologia without any purpose of fighting was just a waste of time, not unless you were Irene or Zeref. He sighed and stared down at the water, looking at his reflection. He hated the image he saw. He had surely fallen from glory. He was no longer the person he once was. And seeing this face that looked innocent, irked him. He disturbed the waters to hide the image.

"That is just sad," Kurama said in an amused tone.

"Not as sad as the glorious Bijuu once infamous known for being able to wipe out mountains with a swing of just one of its nine tails, now turned into a tiny little cat," Naruto shot back in a flat tone.

"Ungrateful human! Had I not done what I did, we'd be dead!" Kurama shouted furiously.

"I didn't deny it, I am just stating my situation is not bad, compared to yours," Naruto said before smiling. "Well, let us not fight. We failed to do what we came here to do."

"And that was?" Kurama asked.

Naruto looked thoughtful for a moment before shrugging when he could not think of anything. "Hmm, it must not have been important if I forgot about it," he said with nonchalance. "Still, can you believe that overgrown lizard just walked away from me?"

"Are you the one to make that reference?"

"Why do you focus on less important details?"

Kurama sighed. "Talking to you is a waste of time… the dragon probably sensed that one thing comes in from the other ear and goes through the other…"

"Are you suggesting that I don't listen?"

"I'm saying you don't listen to anyone." Kurama said in a stern tone. "Should we even stick around here?"

Naruto looked around. There were ships coming, and probably from the Magic Council. He didn't want to get tangled up in that. And besides, if the Council saw him, the Alvarez would know where he is. Flying under the raider was truly difficult. Still, he has managed to keep at it over the past months.

He held out his hands and released a long breath. "This was a little underwhelming though," he said as he started walking away. "I thought if we could come here maybe things would become interesting… should we return to hell?"

"Sticking around here is just going to attract the Magic Council's attention anyway," Kurama said. "Let me out…" The Nine tailed demon materialized on Naruto's right shoulder. Its form small, it was nothing more than a tiny tanuki. Kurama looked ahead. It was nothing more than just water. "You can see that you are just leading us farther into the sea, right?"

Naruto blinked before stopping. "I knew that," he said. "I just don't want to take into the air… as those people might see me."

"Yeah, right," Kurama said sarcastically. "Your lack of focus on other things will make you walk into a pit of flames one day…"

"Not possible…besides, I am the most focused person," he said before he started flying. While flying, he saw a boat with two people and then flew down.

"You're not just going down because it is women, are you?"

"Correction, there is woman and a child," Naruto said calmly. He landed on the small boat. As soon as he touched on it, he fell on his knees, feeling sick. "Arg!" He cried, holding out his guts from spilling. He crawled over to the sides of the boat, and dipped his head into the water.

"You're an idiot," Kurama said with a blank look on his face.

Ultear was trembling. She had just escaped death twice. Meredy could have killed her just now. And now, there was this. Her knees were shaking, her heart was pounding her ribcage furiously as if he wanted to flee. Every survival instinct inside of her screamed for her to jump into the waters. Even though this man looked to be sick, her brain told her to flee. The kind of magic she sensed was just monstrous. She'd never experienced anything like it. She didn't think possible.

Her eyes turned to Meredy. She was far worse than she was. Her eyes were wide. She looked as if she'd seen a ghost. Ultear could not blame her. She thought she'd seen powerful people, but it turned out, she had yet to see anything.

"It has been long since I felt such fear from humans," Kurama said with a wide grin. It was not his power that they feared but it didn't matter. Naruto and he were one.

Naruto removed his head from the waters. The boat was no longer moving. He felt alive again. That had been dangerous. He needed to ask Irene to set up that enchantment to fix this little problem. Once calm, he flipped around and settled gracefully.

"When Brandish first saw us, I believe she nearly wet herself," Naruto in thought, smiling. "But that is probably because she was still just a child and Irene was there. I wonder if she is still afraid of the woman."

"I really don't care," Kurama said.

"You are cold to my troubles, partner. Maybe we should have died in the face of the Otsutsuki," Naruto said before turning to Ultear. He fear was obvious. He smiled. "Sorry about that. Let me turn it down a bit for you… we don't want the little one dying of shock…"

Ultear could now breathe freely. She cast a glance towards Meredy. She was breathing heavily, as if a moment ago, she had been suffocated.

"This is your fault… because our powers are now combined, the peaceful energy I once gave off has been replaced by a murderous intent," Naruto said with a stare.

Kurama snorted. "You've just become much more twisted…' he then grinned. "Well, I won't admit that my power has some effect…" he said.

"Who are you?" Ultear asked, after finding her voice.

Naruto faced the woman. He recognized her. "You are a member of the Magic Council…" he said. "I have bad luck..." his glance became a hard stare and his tone demanded an answer. "Where is Zeref?"

"I don't know…"

"You're not lying," Naruto said before adopting a thoughtful look on his face. "It seems he has gone… but I'd sensed his magic just before Acnologia attacked…" he said as he started floating above the above. A second later, he was gone.

Naruto was lying under a tree, straw hat covering his face, with Kurama lying on his chest. Irene just stared at this careless person with cold eyes. How long has he gone missing from her? Not mention the Empire. She had frustrated every way she knew how to find him, and yielded no results. When it came to hiding, from her especially he was rather good at it. Her grip on her stuff strengthened slightly as she thought of trying to hit him or turning him into that mysterious fox lying on him, but knowing him, he probably had a magic set to guard against enchantments.

Instead, she just kicked him.

"Ow!" Naruto cried as his eyes snapped open. "What was that for?"

Irene poked the blonde with her stuff on the side of his chest. "How long were you going to pretend to be asleep?"

Naruto closed both his eyes and then opened just one eye, and glanced at Irene for a second before smiling. "I was hoping you'd put a foot on my face so I can get a better view of there…" he said casually. "Are you not going to amuse me?"

"I do not serve to amuse you," Irene responded by hitting him on his left knee with her stuff.

"Ouch!" Naruto cried while lifting up his left foot. Despite the movements, Kurama didn't move, he just kept sleeping as if nothing was happening. "You'll break my leg!"

Break him? Irene thought it was laughable. There probably wasn't any human who could match him in terms of physical strength. Naruto trained with the obsession of a jealous demon trying to impress a lover. She could never follow his route when it came to training his body. But that was simply due to self-loathing. He didn't want to use his magic or at least its most potent spells. When was the last time she even saw him using his true magic?

All that power wasted. And he has shown much promise. Even Zeref had been impressed when he first saw him. But now, he was just an average mage with a hidden potential. Some children simply could not grow out of their naivety. But he was not a child, was he?

"Where have you been?"

Naruto massaged his knee in silence before placing both hands below his head. He then closed his eyes and responded. "There and there," he said with indifference. "You have been looking for me."

Did she care that much that she would be worried for his safety? Naruto didn't think so. Maybe she cared for him a little, but not enough to do certain things when it came to the Empire. But she also would not care enough to even look for him if it was on the command of August. Hell, if the others branded him a traitor, she wouldn't even blink and would make no attempt to hunt him down. Their relationship was like that. It had never been one based in emotions… although, over the last years, there has been flashes of it. But it was never allowed to blossom, lest it became an inconvenience.

Despite all that, she would kill him if she has the chance. Not going after him would simply be because she has other better things to do than waste time chasing someone who'll eventually come to her.

"I'm not bothered by your disappearing acts since this isn't the first time nor the longest time you disappeared from me," Irene said. "But this isn't like those years back then when the Empire did not know you. I'm rather displeased that you also went your way to avoid me," she said in a cold tone.

Naruto opened his right eye to look at Irene. Her cold eyes were staring at him with intensity that would make a small person wet with sweat. Despite that look, she was still a beautiful woman. Age aside, and the fact that she was a dragon, she was truly a beautiful woman. If his old self ever saw that he held a partnership with a sadistic woman who murdered people without blinking, he'd be shocked heartless and Kurama would probably laugh. But that was just a mere past that held no bearing into his current life. Here, he was simply Naruto – and nothing more.

He did as he pleased and whenever he pleased. If he felt like channeling a Shikamaru, he could do it and then sleep all day. It was his freedom. There were no dreams to become something – to prove to people that he was good and could become the greatest. He'd achieved his dreams and was satisfied with them.

"Of course, you'd be displeased," he said. "But I thought we spoke about this. Besides, this is not the first time I disappear."

"What you pulled years ago hasn't been forgotten," Irene reminded him. "If you start disappearing like this, Invel becomes anxious and plots something dangerous. And if they all come after you, you probably won't survive since you refuse to use your magic."

"I wouldn't stay in a place where they could fight me. And I do use my magic… just not in its fullness," Naruto said. "That incident was years ago, and I was only fulfilling Zeref's wishes, even though he didn't say anything… and it is a example that I am always prepared to use that magic, if the need arises," the blond paused before changing the subject. "Have you come to take me back?"

"I do not care if you return or stay away. But you cannot keep doing this. You must decide if you still want to be part of the Empire or not. And if you decide to leave and should you ever stand in my way, there will be no mercy."

Naruto smiled. "I wouldn't expect anything less," he said calmly. "If you have not come to collect me, what do you want?"

"Where have you been?"

Naruto sighed. "Ishgar," he said. "Then?"

Irene narrowed her eyes dangerously. "You enjoy going there. This is not the first time you have gone to Ishgar when you have disappeared. When we were going to war, you opposed it… but you have no attachment to the continent, so why do you consistently go there?"

"There are many beautiful women," Naruto answered. "And they are not cold hearted and sadistic. They are actually tender and loving, unlike some people," he said. "Did you find it?"

"I did, but I didn't tell anyone. August may have seen it nevertheless. Nothing much escapes his eyes when it comes to Magic. It was rather reckless of you to leave it there for longer periods knowing that if it accumulated too much magic, it would become noticeable."

"I'd forgotten… and I'm only remembering now because I see that cold hearted look on your face. It is more or the same look you had when you were teaching me magic," Naruto said with a slight shake of his head.

"When you decide to return, you will explain it to me plainly." Irene said before turning away from him. She stopped and glanced back with sharp eyes. "That is clear, yes?"

"Yes, mam!"

Irene disappeared without another word.

"What do you even see in that woman?" Kurama asked after Irene walked away.

He had lived with her and he knew just how cold she was. But he had never exchanged too many words with her, not when Naruto was not around. His existence, his being, it was one thing that she has tried to figure out unsuccessfully and no matter what she tries with Naruto, the blond has refused to go any farther than telling her his name. She'd stopped trying and now she just ignored him. But still, she was way too unpleasant for Naruto. He didn't have to hate himself if he willingly kept in the company of such people.

"You wouldn't understand even if I told you my fury friend," Naruto responded with a tiny smile on his lips.

"Have you become a masochist?"

Naruto laughed. "Not at all," he said. "People can be cold, heartless, commit mass murder, and yet still love someone. The human heart is a very interesting thing. I never did actually think Irene could care for someone. In the first day our paths crossed, she didn't try to lead me with false pretense, she showed me just how cruel she was. I mean, she loudly contemplated ways of making me suffer for kicking one of her children. Of course, she is also a liar. She isn't every honest," he said.

"You have come quite cruel yourself. At some point, I didn't think that it would be possible."

Naruto shrugged. "A person can become anything and anyone. The most humble person can become a ruthless killer with pain and the thought of vengeance. I've thought of it, it is usually the fear that stops people from doing many things. But when you lose that sense of fear, you can do anything. I guess I have lost that fear as well… and that is why I do anything."

"And you'll never regain, not unless a miracle occurs."

"Maybe I'll fall in love," Naruto responded with a smile.

Kurama snorted. "You shouldn't even think of leaving the Shields… you are quite like them… but a little more conservative, like August," he said. "Well, not that I care either way… as long as you are alive, I am alive…"

"So much for having a partner who cares," Naruto said before falling silent.

The Shields. Their last war had stopped, and it was him and the Council. They were going to try again. And Naruto didn't know if he cared enough to even try to stop them. Either way, sticking around with them no longer served any purpose. He'd stuck around, done some good and horrible things. The magic that he had learned from Irene and caused much terror than even the most cruel would applaud. It had been a rather unpleasant start to his life here, but he had ended it when he'd come to his senses. It didn't help that the Shields were brutal human 'monsters' who wanted to crush anything that stood in the way.

"The decision before us is not a small one," Naruto said in a tired tone. "I have been thinking about it long and there probably is no other way to do things. Maybe I've become even twisted – this other day, I thought Zeref was actually a very nice person," he said with a slight shake of his head.

"He can be a nice person…" Kurama stressed.

"But he can turn into something else entirely devilish," Naruto said. "Departing no doubt is the right option here."

"Are you sure about that?"

Naruto understood what Kurama was asking. They would hunt him down. They would not want to leave him be. But Zeref would probably not care. He'd never been loyal to anyone but himself either way. But Naruto was ready to leave – though not ready to fight the Shields of the Emperor. He could afford to live his life freely, seeing women naked, exploring new magic and strengthening himself to be able to face the dangers of this world. Though not ready to fight the Spriggan, Naruto didn't fear them. What did he fear anyway? He'd stopped fearing Acnologia long ago. He didn't fear his own death.

"Leaving is also saving the little humanity I have left. I don't want to lose that..." Naruto said in a firm tone. "I like myself dearly…" he said. "But we must be prepared or anything…"

"If I still had my power, there would be no need to worry," Kurama said confidently.

If… this had been a disappointing turn of events. Surviving the turn of events in the shinobi world had come at a cost, a great cost for that matter. But who could have thought that after the power he gained along with Sasuke, there would be someone else who could come with greater power?

"We will restore you," Naruto said firmly. "But it will require time… I thought if I stuck around these people for long enough, I would be able to gather enough magic while saving my life. But then, I could not simply abandon Irene after everything she did for us…"

Those Shields, despite their power, they were literally just children before him. Of course, he could not count August and Irene. The dragon queen was a ba-chan. She was old. Naruto had lived his fair share number of years that would make even a pure Uzumaki envious, but it was nothing compared to the number of years Irene has lived.

"You're being too nice," Kurama warned. "I thought you'd lost all that naivety in you… You actually thought that you could change her at first. It must be the reason why you still cannot leave her despite knowing just how much of a cruel person she is," the Bijuu said, staring at Naruto.

Naruto frowned. He was being lectured. He smacked the fox on his head and then grinned. "You're too small to lecture me," he said.

Kurama glared at the blond murderously. He felt frustrated right now. He still had the strength to toss the blond to the side despite his small form. But Naruto was likely to avoid him or just laugh it off. That green Jonin from Konoha would be proud with just how much Naruto trained his muscles to be fit. Trying to get him on physical attacks was at times a waste of time. Kurama sighed and thought against attack the blond.

"There there… good pet," Naruto said patting the Kyubi on its head.

Kurama tossed the hand away and jumped on Naruto's face. His paws grabbed the blond's ears, and he glared. Naruto grabbed him by his tails but did not pull knowing that he would only be in pain if he did. Kurama smiled dangerously. "I may not have much, but how hurt would you be if I hit you with a Bijuudama from his distance?"

Naruto still grinned. "Don't you mean mini-mini Bijuudama?" He said with a laugh.

"I won't let you go… if you blast me away, I take both your ears with me. You'll regrow them, but you'll still suffer the pain. Either way, there is pain in the end, right?" Kurama said.

"You cold hearted Bijuu… I'm not letting you out again…"

"You will," Kurama said with confidence. "I'm certain that you won't just allow me to hit you, and if I release a jutsu, I will lose my energy and will be forced to return… I want to stay out a bit… for you to avoid pain, why don't you apologize for mocking me?"

"Sorry, Kyubi-sama. I didn't mean t-" Naruto trailed off when he sensed a spike of energy. "Wow wow… come on Kurama… you don't ha-!" Naruto shouted, in panic mode while trying to pull the Bijuu away from him.

Boom!

Kurama shot a powerful beam of crimson energy from his mouth, hitting the blond straight on his face. When everything settled, Naruto's head was badly burnt, but his eyes were wide open. Although it was a little unrecognizable, he had a deep frown on his lips. Green energy covered his face before healing him completely. He stood there for a moment before sighing as he got up.

"I'm going to allow Irene to do an enchantment on you to turn you into a dog," he threatened. "But for now, we must leave here since you exposed us by releasing magic."

Kurama shrugged. Honestly that felt good. Naruto had made fun of him for too long. He didn't care if someone found them.

"That woman sounded serious… you don't wanna be gone for too long from her," he said.

"I never said when I would return. Irene does not control me in anyway."

"Since when? You used to follow her like a dog at one stage."

End

Story by the Omnipresent Sage. I rewrote it. Hope you all enjoy.

|うずまき ナルト|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 5.6K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
583K 8.9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
167K 17.6K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
225K 7.7K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...