Classroom of the elite: The u...

By aikim1

Ordinary reaction fanfiction with pretty good grammar. Critique welcome. More

Prologue
Dr. Jekyll and mister Hyde
A different side of them
Sudo's lifeline
Love advice
Is it a lie or not?
A teachers curiousity
Masterminds wish for an ordinary life
Assurance of divine wrath
The plan comes out
Grown up talk
Hallway dispute
Uncovering of true suffering
Thick thighs save lives
Question about Volume 4.5
Operation Delta
Question
A gathering between classes
Horikita Manabu is persistent
Small tumbles and rule-breaking
Listening to Sudo was a mistake as expected
Defeat and rebirth
The suspenseful culmination of the sports festival
Reunion
A story from junior high
A visit
Cutting strings
Question about the next chapter
The beginning of winter vacation I
The beginning of winter vacation II
Question
Partner

Winning is everything

20.9K 384 76
By aikim1

Shortly afterward, her energy was spent, and Horikita lost consciousness again.

So this is the video. My preparations are complete, I just have to nudge everyone in the right directions. With my history in peoples minds and support from key people, it should go as I envision.

"What is happening to Suzune here? Is this during the special exam?" Sudo is of course concerned.

"I was sick during the exam. I tried to do more than my body could handle and in the end, Ayanokouji-kun had to take care of me."Nice answer.

People now understand the situation, but from some peoples faces, they look confused. Probably thinking about the results. If Horikta was like this, she certainly could not have executed some masterful strategy.

 I had to carry her without anyone noticing. It would be easy to have her retire, but I didn't know which button on the wristwatch was for emergencies. Besides, if the helicopter were suddenly dispatched, the sound would reverberate in the area.

"Hmm... Did I pick the wrong path? Oh no, oh no!"

My route had ended in a steep, sheer slope. If I took one step further, I would fall. I tried shining a light below to see what it looked like about ten meters down. Unfortunately, I'd been walking in the wrong direction. Should I go back to the original route?I tried to change direction slowly, so as not to burden Horikita, but then right after...

The soil underneath me collapsed, and I lost my balance. Alone, I could have braced my legs and grasped the tree, but unfortunately, both ofmy hands were occupied. I couldn't avoid falling. I curled up into a ball so I could protect Horikita as we went tumbling down the slope. For several seconds, it was like flying. I don't remember very clearly what happened afterward. At least Horikita hadn't been hurt, somehow. I looked up the slope, but with the way things were now, it didn't seem like I could crawl back up while carrying Horikita.

"Well, I sure messed up."

"Well this is a surprise. Never imagined you would be so clumsy." Ryuen, this will be a troublesome situation to deal with, no need for your sarcastic commentary.

"Everyone has their deficits." That is true. Even I mess up, I am not perfect. Ryuen will probably love what I am about to say. Tch, I just want what I say to be heard at this point. The suspense is making me a bit stressed.

"Not everyone Ayanokouji-boy! An existence such as I does not." Koenji says. Everyone just looks at him, to used to it to comment. It is nothing surprising after all.

However, this wasn't the time to accept defeat and die. Carrying the unconscious Horikita on my back, I ventured into the pitch-dark forest with asingle flashlight. The rain poured down on us, mercilessly robbing me of my physical strength. More than anything else, the heat radiating from Horikita wasn't normal.

 If she were exposed to the rain for any longer, it would become dangerous.However, we were deep in the forest. There were no caves or manmade shelters. We had no choice but to rely on the power of nature.Fortunately, the trees were lush and overgrown, and their branches might keep our bodies relatively dry. I looked around the area, found a remarkably big tree, and moved right under it. Of course, it didn't block the rain completely, but the overgrown leaves did stop a lot of the rainfall.

I gently laid Horikita down. Her jersey was probably going to get dirty,but we had bigger problems now. I sat there, with Horikita's head in my lap. If only the area were cool... But the temperature was so high, hot and humid.Horikita occasionally trembled, like she was trying to curl into a ball.Trying to lessen her burden even a little, I held Horikita close to my chest. After some time had passed, Horikita woke up, sputtering out ragged breaths. Still in a daze, Horikita wasn't able to understand our situation.

Class D just looks very concerned. They are probably thinking that she should have retired. She was unnecessarily stubborn, though. It is coming.

"Why are you? I...?" She didn't seem to remember what had happened. I explained the whole sequence of events. I had some doubts about whether she understood everything.

"I see... I remember."

"That's good."

"I remember my mistake, so it's probably awful."

Well, if she was able to crack self-deprecating jokes, then I could probably relax.

"It's already almost six o'clock, Horikita. You might think this will sound harsh, but you should retire. Your body is probably at its limit."She had made it this far by pretending to be okay, but it wasn't possible for her to carry on.

"I can't do that. We can't afford to lose thirty points because of me... I was the one who confronted Karuizawa-san and the others about using points, right? It would make me look like such an idiot..."The penalty for poor physical condition was severe. In points alone, it was more than what Karuizawa had used herself. Horikita covered her eyes with her arm, probably to hide her tears.

"What do you mean? What points are you talking about?" Asks Keisei. This will be a troublesome situation for Yousuke to deal with. The girls look away, guilt written over their faces. Kei looks especially guilty.

"Well, you see, we kind of used some extra points for our tents when we split the camp up." Says Shinohara. The moments these words are uttered, the boys explode.

"What the hell? We agreed to decide together and then buy things? Who gave you the right to do this? Especially when we needed the points so badly? What did you even use the points on?"A barrage of questions came from Ike. It is understandable. The girls do not know what to answer.

"Ike-kun, this happened over a year ago. Can you just let this go please?" Bad thing to say, I understand that you want to avoid conflict Yosuke, but this will not go over well with the boys. We did not get matrosses and air fans to help us fight the island.

"No. We agreed to not spend those points unless it was necessary. So what did the girls buy? If it was so needed why hide it from us? In Ayanokouji's thoughts he mentions Karuizawa especially, so what did you buy, Karuizawa?"He needs to be pacified before all the boys start to get into this. They are observing the situation now. They can not be agitated when they hear my words. I nudge Kei. Apologise is what I say through our eye contact. The other girls should do so too after she does. It will pacify the boys and make Kei look like a leader.

"I apologise Ike, for spending the points in unnecesary ways. While the island was uncomfortable, looking back on it, it was wrong for us to spend the points for extra things when the boys toughed it out for our class. Everyone else should apologise too."Great job, Kei. The added bit about reflection sealed the deal. As the flow off apologies from the girls take the attention away from Kei, I give her a quick head pat. While risky in this situation, a good boyfriend should rewards his girlfriend when she does something good. Kei starts blushing prettily. It is something I have not done yet. Cute. I quite liked petting her, if she allows it, I will do so more after this is done.

Awamasa looks at us and gives Kei a teasing smile. She just blushes more. Thankfully she does not say anything.

The regret from the girls makes the situation better.

"I must also apologise, I tried to keep the girls comfortable, but it was unfair to you." Says Yousuke. I need to support him here. Nipping the situation in the bud will destroy any lingering hostility and will make Yosuke grateful.

"It happened a year ago, and you were put in a difficult situation, with everything that was going on. It is fine."Is what I say. If the boys get angry at Yosuke of all people, it will turn this situation to the worse. Supporting him now is good. The boys just nod. Apologies is all they wanted, it looks like.

"Not just that... The keycard was stolen from me, too. You understand what that means?"

"Class D will lose another fifty points." 

Horikita gave a slight nod. Class D would only be left with a few points.

"Just leave me here and head back. If you do, I'll be the only one absent from roll call."

"What are you planning to do?"

"By tomorrow morning, I'll...try to return by myself, somehow. If I can deal with my poor health during roll call, then I'll do something about retirement."

That way, we would be left with a five-point loss.

The doubt from the students, that Horikita is the one with the plan increases. If she had a plan, she would not talk about losing points. This situation probably looks hopeless. It is also attracting the attention from other classes, no one aside from Horikita and I knows exactly how we won. So it is understandable.

"It was Ayanokouji-kun, who made our class win. I will not explain how, because I am still amazed with how he did and it will probably be explained in another video. I am sorry Ayanokouji-kun, but there is no more reason to hide it anymore. Everyone should have realised it anyway, that I am not the one truly in charge." Says Horikita. It is true, everyone understands that Horikita had no plan. Denying this is pointless and frankly, stupid.

"It is fine. I realised a while ago that this would be shown."

"I hope everyone here realises how important Ayanokouji-kun is to our class. Without him, we would have not won that exam and others aswell. You should regret your decision about almost expelling him before. He is and indispensable person in this class, his character flaws included" This is good. It looks like Horikita understood that something unfavourable will come up and is diminishing the effects even before it happens.

"I agree, Kyotaka-kun is the most reliable person in the class." This shocked almost everyone from class aside from people like Mii-chan. My classmates looks at me with new wonder in their eyes. Being called something like that by Yousuke, it is understandable that everyone's eyes are on me. No one really disagrees with it. It looks like with my help in the mid terms and Sudo, I have really earned myself such a high position in the class.

"Things aren't that easy. You're feeling really weak now, and our teacher isn't kind enough to let you act your way past her. It will be impossible for you to get back to camp on your own."

"Still, there's nothing else I can do... This is so Class D will have somepoints left."

Putting aside the keycard incident, we might retain some points for roll call and retirement. That certainly wasn't a small number.

"Go."

Although Horikita was weak, I felt her indomitable will behind her words. She could bear whatever burden she placed on herself, but couldn't seem to bear involving others. I rose, and rested her head against the tree. She wanted me to leave her.

"Well then, I'll leave. But if things continue like this, our classmates will blame you."

"Yes. That's the correct decision. Everything was my responsibility."

Manabu frowns. This is a reminder of what Horikita was. He does not want to remember the disappointment, probably. No one is reaction to what I said. Realistically, blame would fall on Horikita in the classes minds. At least before, if it were to happen now, they would be more understanding.

Horikita praised my cold, calculating decision. She was ashamed of herself for being weak. Trembling, she forced herself to endure the cold. This was the kind of hardship that solitary people faced. The weather was still stormy, with no signs that the rains and winds would stop.

"Can you really make it back alone by tomorrow morning?"

"Yeah... I'll be fine."

"Horikita. Do you really think that not retiring is the right decision?" I couldn't help blurting those words out.

"Of course I do. Retiring isn't an option for me."

She was free to exercise her indomitable will as much as she liked, but it didn't mean anything if she lost in the end.

"Hey. Why do you think that we've been backed into such a corner?" I asked.

"I failed due to my negligence. That's all."

"You're wrong. You're completely wrong."

Horikita Suzune had fought as hard as she could, and had tried to get to the end of the test without making mistakes.

"Go... Because I think of you as my friend, please listen to my request..."

After Horikita said that, she covered her mouth in surprise.

"I'm going to make this right... As if it didn't happen at all."

"No, this is the wrong choice."

"It's fine. I can... By myself... Ugh..."Horikita suddenly stood, but the burden was too much. She closed her eyes in pain.

"Go, please..."

This amount of weakness from Horikita is unexpected for most people. 

"This is a good show, seeing you in such despair Suzune." Ryuen laughs. He is enjoying this a lot.

"Are you enjoying this because you could never get me to feel such despair no matter how you try?" 

"Do we have different memories? I remember a certain situation that would have happened if a certain person did not save you. Again." This play by play is good. These two have a presence that says, do not ask. What I say will come up right now.  

She lost consciousness again. I gently took Horikita into my arms and shifted my position to make her a little more comfortable. Standing, I looked up at the boundless darkness and let out a sigh.

"It would have been easier if you'd just retired of your own free will."

Everyone stops talking now. What I said is truly unexpected. The room turns still, the suspense builds and everyone looks at the projector. It comes.

The stubborn princess didn't seem like she was going to throw in the towel. Wonderful. Yes, I thought it was wonderful. You were almost right.But unfortunately, Horikita, you were wrong about one thing. Right now, just for this moment, I'll tell you. I have never thought of you as my friend. I've never cared about you as a classmate.

 In this world, winning is everything. Your methods don't matter.I don't care what I have to sacrifice. As long as I have my victory in the end,I'll be fine.You, Hirata—no, all other people are nothing more than tools. I was complicit in what drove you to this. So, don't blame yourself, Horikita. You were useful to me.

The video ends

Everyone is speechless. I have to take the initiative. These precious moments are important. Opinions will be formed in them, so I must explain my story. If I let them ask questions before I say it, I will lose control of the situation.

"Before you form an opinion, I need to explain myself. As you have gathered, I did not have the best of childhoods. Since I was small, all I can remember is books, exercise and punishments."

After I say this, shocked half angry faces turn a bit more sympathetic. Good.

"My father pushed me to my limits every day. I was like a guinea pig for him to see how much a human is capable of understanding, how much a human body is able to train and how much pain it can tolerate. I had to push my boundaries and if I did not harsh punishment followed. With that, I discarded everything in my mind that would not help me produce results. That is how I survived. I was raised like a product, not a person. While he did not show any familial emotions to me, what he did hammer to my head was his philosophy. Everyone is a tool. Everything can be used to achieve victory. I am an example of this. My father, I do not exactly know why, is an influential person. Remember when in an earlier video I was remembering a trip to New York? There, I was shown around like a marionette. I had to show people how good I was. Like cattle, I needed to show, that I was a good product. Because of this, his influence on me stuck. The moment I could, though, I escaped with the help of another person. I enrolled here to learn things like emotions. To see what life truly was about. I understand you are angry at me. I would be too, but please understand that I have changed since then or am trying to. This ideology is hard to get rid of, but I am trying. In the situation I was in, I was threatened by a teacher to go back to that life. That is something I did not want at all cost. So as earlier in my life, to produce results expected of me, I threw away my humanity. I apologise again, but hopefully you can see from my actions, that I do care about my friends, to the extent I am capable of."

Peoples expressions changed from half anger. They look thoughtful and some look at me with compassion. Good, but I am not out of the woods yet. I need a person to say something positive. "Kyotaka-kun. As you have helped me when I was down, I will do so to you aswell. I forgive you for your words. Your actions speak louder than that. People in our class who are angry at Kyiotaka-kun, put yourself in his position. Would you not act how you were taught your whole life? The important thing is that he recognises that what he thinks is bad, and he is trying to change. Who are we to begrudge that? As his friends and class mates, we should support him as we would support anyone who is trying to change for the better."Thank you Yosuke. You are amazing. Your charisma is on another level. I can see the class visibly changing.

"I agree. As the person most affected by what Ayanokouji-kun did, I forgive him."Is all Horikita said, those words are impactful, though. This should work.

"Yeah Kyio-pon, how can we be mad at you? Your name is the name of our group after all, you brought us together. Friends support each other, that is something you should learn about friendship." I thank you for the wors Haruka.

"Honestly dude, I was pretty mad at the start, but who can really blame you with what happened to you? If you haven't experienced normal life, you would of course have messed up thoughts. Let's hang out after this. We have not done that in a while, but do not think like that anymore bastard, or I will really get mad."Says Ike. That was honestly unexpected. Maybe he changed from the person he was at the start. The class seems to be affected by the words of those three. They are looking at me with empathy in their eyes. Maybe there are those who are mad, but with the class opinion swinging to my side, going against the abused student is suicide in this case. That is why Kushida did not try anything. With her reputation and the support I have, it would make her situation worse.

"Let's do that when we have the chance." Honestly, I might be feeling a bit happy right now. Is this friendship? If so, I would like to experience more of it.

Kei just looked sad. She cares very much. I think, I might be feeling something in my heart. Or is just me wanting to feel something? That remains to be seen.

"Still Kyiotaka, why is your expression so intense? It feels like I can not bear looking at your eyes."Says Keisei, looking distraught. Other people agree, no one wanted to mention it, I guess.

"That is something I have developed when I am completely focused on a task. My father also has the same eyes when focused. I can not really change genetics." Is all I say.

"It is true senpais. His fathers gaze looks like it could kill you." Says Awamasa. Thank you for the defense. I guess.

"Still Kyio-pon, your gaze is just so intense."

"I try not to look like that, unless it is necessary."

"What do you mean? Necessary?"

"You will see, my eyes are good at shocking people and making them focused on me."

People can not really judge how I look, I can not change genetics. Even if they have an opinion about it, saying something about it now would be against the class opinion.

Either way, with how they handled it. It looks like class D is stronger than I thought.

A/N: This is it. Real hard to write, but imo it works. With the way Ayano played the situation and Yosuke's instant support, going against a seemingly abused guy who is trying to change his views is pretty hard. Next chapter I will go into what the other classes are thinking and how they are assessing him.

I just added a bit about his eyes. Do not think that it is too short. It will be brought up again when he shows his eyes. I think the class is focused on his childhood and talking about his eyes too much would not make much sense right now. Thank you for telling me that I forgot about them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.1K 25
These are not just any reactions but one of the most funny and illogical classroom of the Elite Reactions ever made out there. Truly one of the react...
4.9K 304 8
A guy gets reincarnated as Yamauchi. That's it.
613K 9.8K 39
Its just as the title said. A typical cliche COTE reaction fic with all the years+Horikita Manabu and Tachibana senpai+teachers,tsukishiro,Papayanagi...
11.3K 486 9
Don't know what to put here. All I can say it's a COTE fic by me, so... Expect it to be trash? I guess? Idk. Read more if ya wanna find out. It's a S...