Aesthete

By kaywritingbooks

This story is about an OC character of mine, Florence Reyna is an American transfer student molded to become... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 33 - Bakugo 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3
Chapter 36 - Bakugo 4
Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5
Bakugo Birthday Special
Chapter 39 - Izuku 1
Chapter 40 - Izuku 2
Chapter 41 - Izuku 3
Chapter 42 - Izuku 4
Chapter 43 - Izuku 5
Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6
Chapter 45 - Bakugo 7
Chapter 46 - Kaminari
Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8
Chapter 48 - Jirou
Chapter 49 - Bakugo 9
Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10
Closing Note.

Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1

290 12 7
By kaywritingbooks

A/N: Hello, readers! This is the beginning of the end, but I wanted to add a few revisions and notes in terms of plot. I'm thinking of extending Bakugo's ending, I have so much more I want to add in terms of their development because they really are my canon couple! Deku would come second place for most chapters because I do love his connection to Florence. Also, when I begin other endings (such as Izuku's after Bakugo's) I will revise some of the story I've already written in those specifically new chapters, consider it an AU because she was always supposed to end up with Bakugo in my mind (really surprising because I personally never thought their dynamic would work.) I'll try and update as much as possible, feel free to comment any songs that remind you of the couples or my OC! I'm working on different art for Bakugo and Florence right now, and I'll try uploading as soon as I've finished. Thanks!

-

My mother insisted that I wake up earlier than usual, she dragged me to the restroom as we got ready for the first day back in class. "They're going to want to see you as soon as you wake up." I nodded to her statement, brushing my teeth as I stared at my half-lidded eyes and exhausted-looking complexion.

Bakugo's words still nagged in my mind, I tried dismissing the unusual sensation in my stomach but it proved futile. I couldn't ignore his hurt expression that would flicker through my thoughts, his rage as he screamed at me, the desperate latch he had on my shoulder blades. I also knew that the novel tension that existed between him and I stemmed from what I pulled back at the training camp, it was obvious that he wish I hadn't shoved him out of Dabi's way, but do I feel the same?

If only the League would've killed me, I wouldn't be feeling the negative void that refused to melt away.

"What's on your mind, kid?" My mom asked, brushing my hair affectionately as she met my eyes through the reflection in the mirror. "Nothing," I mumbled, looking down at the sink and gluing my vision to the drip-drop of the water droplets piercing the drain.

"You and Bakugo got in a fight or what? Or are you thinking about when they took you?"

"Huh? Me and him? No. And no to that other question, too." Her blunt words and my nervous tone gave me away as she only frowned and shrugged off my refusal to further that sort of conversation. I heard her mumble in Spanish, calling me a liar under her breath. I didn't give into her bait, only remaining quiet.

We were leaving the restrooms when I heard banging on the door. "Annalise, if you don't let me see your kid right now!" Mina screamed, and I stiffened, preparing for their attacks.

My mother laughed, swinging the door open as multiple figures were flying to my body, sending me tumbling to the floor. I blinked, panicking because I thought I saw Toga gazing at me with her usual malicious countenance. It was only Uraraka peering up at me innocently with tears streaking down her face.

"Florence, we missed you so much!" She cried out, burying her head in my shoulder as Tsu clung to me along with Momo. I saw floating clothes near my chest so I knew it was Hagakure. Mina had snuck behind me, holding me from behind as she peppered the top of my head with kisses.

"You're home, Flo! Come on, the boys wanna see you too!" Mina finished, beginning to lift me up as my classmates held my hands and pushed me out the restroom. I gave the wisps of a smile, feeling the panic of too many people ease as I became appreciative for the supportive girls that stuck by me since we met. I saw the group of boys towards the elevators, Kirishima and Sero darting to me at full speed.

"Florence, you're back! How manly." Kirishima clapped his hands before giving me a strong hug, Sero leaving me no space to breathe as he did the same. I returned the gesture, smiling and doing the signature handshake we invented.

"You didn't forget, Reyna? We must be soulmates!" Sero teased playfully, bumping my fist with his.

"Glad to see neither of you have changed," I responded, patting Kirishima's head as he gave me his shark-tooth smile. Sato approached me with chocolate pancakes in hand.

"I made these for you, remember how you liked when I brought them from home once?" He offered me the plate of food as my heart grew warm with awe. I began to respond to their cheerful attitudes, they all seemed so happy to have me back and it would be crude of me to match my emotions.

"Of course, how could I forget? They're better than my mom's." I said, throwing an arm around him while my mother swatted the back of my head. Ojiro, Tokoyami, Shoji and Koda gave me small hugs, mentioning that they really did miss my company while Shoji refrained Mineta from wrapping himself around my legs.

"Mineta, you get a high-five." He groaned hut accepted my offer, meeting my palm briefly as Shoji lifted his multiple arms in case Mineta surprised me.

"Florence." My head snapped up at his voice.

Shoto Todoroki. He was just as important to me as Izuku was, I couldn't help but care deeply for the boy. He and I could both understand complexities of familial matters that plagued our childhoods.

I handed my mother the plate and ran towards him, opening my arms. I was about to slow down because he wasn't reciprocating the gesture, only staring at me with happiness, sadness, and also confusion. Slowly, he lifted his arms up so I resumed my sprint. I met him and circled my arms through his back, "Did I ever tell you that you remind me of Koi fish?" I told him, hearing his hum reverberate through his chest and to mine.

"No, but leave it to you to jump to that conclusion. I'm glad you're back." He patted my head, still keeping his grip on me. I leaned my head near his ear to whisper, "Hey, are you okay? Endeavor's the number one hero now, right?" He and I didn't need to tread light paths when we were both concerned, which was something I appreciated.

"Yes, I am. I'm more worried for you, we can talk about that later, Reyna."

"True." With that, I stepped away, both of us giving each other brief but meaningful smiles. I was glancing around the group to see if I missed anyone in greeting, but my eyes met red hues.

I wish I could be someone that you didn't feel burdened to be near, I thought towards Bakugo. I blinked, tearing my eyes away from his childish glare. It didn't have the same rage as yesterday, rather, it was only a petty frustration. Still, the difference between when I first woke up versus how he treated me now was giving me whiplash.

I treaded back to my mother, ignoring the way it seemed like my stomach was curling in on itself. Am I getting sick?

I wish I could've been warned about the staring, eyes were glued to my body when I walked through the main building, heading towards our class with Mina and Hagakure chatting happily about the sleepovers we can have. I tried rejoicing with them, feeling the burning holes left and right, many of them targeted towards the scar that dug along the entirety of my neck. I scratched at it awkwardly, refusing to meet anyone's gazes. I can't blame them, it's an ugly scar. I let out a saddened sigh, entering the doorway while I scanned the room for the familiar, yellow sleeping-bag. It was curled onto a corner, and I approached Shota's desk, placing a container with egg rolls that Koda insisted he tried.

I was passing to my desk by the last row, closing my eyes momentarily as I ignored the drowsy feeling. Yesterday night, I crawled into bed next to my mother, only having a single nightmare, but it was enough to buy me three hours of proper sleep. The rest of the slumber was spent passing in fitful thrashes and stares at the newly furnished ceilings.

I felt fingers reach out and grab my arm, forcing me to open my eyes as I gazed at the blonde strands.

"Is something wrong, Bakugo?" I asked calmly, observing the way his eyes tightened considerably at my use of his last name. He kept his hand latched to me, yanking me as I was left only inches away from him.

In this proximity, I saw how nice his skin was, the pores being barely visible as I marveled over how long his surprisingly darkened eyelashes were. My eyes travelled down to his lips, noticing how the lower lip jutted out more than the upper, making it seem like he was always grumpy. I felt an ache I couldn't familiarize myself with, and a hurt with the fact that even if we were only inches away, it seemed like our spirits were standing at opposite ends of an ocean that didn't cease to separate us with powerful waves. I dismissed the heavy words and focused on his lips. They were full, if I placed a fingertip on them lightly, would they dent?

Wait... You're staring. It's probably obvious, he's going to make fun of me, oh God.

I shamefully lifted my eyes, trying to meet his gaze but they were glued to my lower face. His pupils were wide as his eyebrows relaxed, eyes moving slightly back and forth.

Is he ... staring at me too? I felt my stomach tighten in pain, and I stood back, watching him mimic me as he glared into a random corner of the classroom.

"Get the hell away from me, ugly crybaby." He barked out, and I narrowed my gaze to scowl at him, feeling the insults bite at my insides as I lied and told myself that he didn't mean it.

"You're the one who grabbed me and pulled me close to you so actually keep me away then, moron." I bit, stomping away as he hurled curses to my back.

I roughly sat down in my desk, ignoring the way Izuku stared at my temples with a vivid intensity. Finally, I gave in, cocking my head to the side as I gave him a forced and tight-lipped smile.

"Izuku?"

He said nothing, keeping the gaze as he grinned softly and began to laugh.

"What's so funny, Deku?" I muttered, flicking his cheek as he rubbed it mockingly.

"You're really blind."

"Huh? How do you know I wear glasses at night?" I was surprised, I never once revealed to him that I carried glasses with me, only taking the pair around to read in private.

"You wear glasses? No, that's not what I meant." He explained, only giggling more. That led me to believe that there was something that I was doing that had amused him, but from what I recalled, I wasn't exactly being humorous in the moment.

"You and me. Lunch, we're gonna talk." I said, pointing a finger at him as he lifted his to tap mine lightly.

"Okay, deal."

Lunch at the mess hall was unavoidable, even if I was excited to devour Lunch Rush's meals again, the grilling looks from every student in the proximity made me want to dissolve into the plants that were placed throughout different areas of the cafeteria. I toyed with a loose string from my jacket, drifting in and out of conversation with Izuku and Uraraka. Bakugo wasn't too far away, but I didn't exactly know how to go about making amends with an argument that muddled my mentality. I chewed on some pork when I heard footsteps and a presence that demanded to be noticed. I glanced to see Kendo and Monoma standing above me, "Hey, Kendo." I waved to the girl, returning the gesture when she encased me momentarily, I met Momoma's gaze and nodded to him. I wasn't in the mood for bickering.

"Reyna, let me thank you for what you did in camp." Kendo's words silenced the two tables near me, all of 1-A was seated at these tables and they all turned to look at the conversation unfolding. I grew uncomfortable, laughing lightly as I waved my hand in the air. "No need to thank me, seriously, I'm just glad to be back in school." I couldn't admit it, the real reason why I wanted no one to show me gratitude was because I didn't deserve it.

During a class break, after Midnight smothered me with her joy and tears, Kaminari showed me the clips of what society had dubbed the "Kamino Ward Incident." Thousands of posts on social media platforms were made about it, clips highlighting the cruelest moments of the battle as I watched my tattered body getting thrown around like a lifeless doll, watching the way they zoomed in on my bones shattering, my spine getting misplaced and the blood that spluttered from my throat. I also saw the reduced shell of All Might, being left to nothing as he held up a fist, showing the entire world that he succeeded in winning the tumultuous fight.

But did he really win?

He retired, leaving the world to cope without the Symbol of Peace. He left Izuku hurt, I could tell by the way he spoke of All Might yesterday, the lost tone that embodied him. That was when the remorse began to seep in, rattling my core as I grieved in the shower, wishing that I never existed, even if it meant to spare All Might some more time with his inherited quirk. If it meant allowing Izuku to savor more time with his mentor while he could, then I would remove myself off the face of the Earth. The guilt was beginning to consume me, I simply shrugged it off at first, hoping that no one could see past the facade, past the laughs, smiles and warm greetings.

I don't want anyone to realize that I'm close to withering away, becoming the same disheartened person that I was before I arrived to Japan. The person that despised most, trusted none, and only wished to see a world that didn't include her. It was only the first real day back, and I was longing to meet Mother Nature once more, falling into a sleep that would allow me to avoid the hostility that gnawed at my heart.

A requiem would need to take place to mourn the girl that was barely enjoying life because she's gone.

That sentence settled it, I was unrecoverable. My life could never go back to normal, not because of people now knowing who I was, not because I had scars littering my body from how they wounded me.

It was because where it hurt the most was in my chest, the scars were unseen, the wounds undetected by the naked eye. It was a rotten seed, plunging its roots into my being as I begged. I pleaded with God to allow me to heal, to allow me to smile with meaning and not carry bitterness.

Since when does God ever listen?

That was why I couldn't accept Kendo's thanks, that was why I dismissed her explanations of my "heroic" behavior, describing how I took down multiple villains and wafted away the poisonous gas, sparing some classmates from the coma Jirou had went into.

If I was so heroic, why couldn't I just die and save everyone from the hassle of having me in their lives? That's heroism, not what I did. I'm not a villain, I don't try to be, but I'm only hurting others by sticking around. I'm an intruder. A parasite.

The thoughts stabbed me, forcing me to stand as I gave Kendo a light touch to her frame. "Seriously, any student would try their best to help, you and other people did so much too, don't credit me, Kendo. Please." I whispered, and her eyes widened before she nodded in understanding. She was turning to leave, but I heard his nasally voice.

"You should be glad anyone from 1-B is thanking a loser like you. Yeah, you got kidnapped and all, but that doesn't make you any more likable. You're still just a loser transfer student who's only around now because it's obligatory." Monoma finished, blue eyes piercing my brown ones with a vindication.

I couldn't be upset or angry, he was right. I was a consolation, a shoo-in, a corner that got discarded but plucked again because it caused other's guilt.

Still, I wasn't one to just let my dignity float away with the rest of my sanity. I felt the verge of an episode, the hushed whispers and stares from the cafeteria morphed into the taunts and laughter from the villains. The tables turned into the bar, the threads from my jacket shifting to wires that would drill electricity into my head. I breathed heavily, turning to Monoma to say one last thing before I could walk away.

"You're not wrong, but remind me again why you're in the hero course if you talk like a douchebag villain." I spun, hearing my footsteps hit the ground as my best friend yelled, "Do you want me to beat you into the ground, you useless Copycat?"

I quickly began practicing what my mother told me to do as I stepped into the hallways, aiming for the private courtyard.

"Focus on your breathing, say known facts, feel the space around you, ground yourself to the moment and don't let go."

I paced my breaths, counting the seconds the way I did in the League's hideout. One... two... three.

I am Florence. I am at U.A High. I am Florence. I am at U.A High, I'm safe. I'm safe. I'm safe.

I repeated it to myself, chanting quietly as I allowed my fingers to skim along the walls, feeling the grainy paint slide from my grasp as I focused on the white and blues. The walls that weren't the hideout. The tiles that didn't belong to the same hard floors that they would slam my head into.

I'm safe. I'm safe. I'm safe. I'm with Class 1-A, not the League. I'm with Class 1-A, not the League.

The tiles shifted to cement then to grass. I inhaled, breathing in the aroma of peonies as I searched for a private corner of the hill, finding a crook between an oak tree that faced away from the main buildings of school. I flitted there, allowing my ears to buzz with the sounds of nature while I focused on the greenery, letting it remind me of Izuku.

I shifted to the trunk, yanking the blades of grass out as I allowed a few tears to escape.

Monoma is a nuisance, but I felt like he and I connected for the first time, we were both on the same page in terms of how I saw myself.

That's why Bakugo doesn't want me around. That's why he said he hated me, how he wished I didn't take his place. He longs for a reversal of that moment, because if I never got taken away, then he wouldn't feel that he was bounded to me now. The way I'm bounded by pain to All Might, knowing he risked his life and threw away his career to save me.

I placed a palm over my mouth, thinking of Bakugo only brought about those same painful twists in my abdomen. Did he curse me or something? Why do I feel like I have the flu when I think of him? I groaned, pressing my face into the bark softly as I pictured his face when he was calm. It eased the ache, but it also poured gasoline over the already burning fire.

What's wrong with me?

I heard heavy steps trudging through the hill, but I refused to turn and acknowledge the presence. I had forty minutes left before class resumed, and I didn't have the energy to speak to anyone, I needed the time to cope with the hurricane of overwhelming emotions I had. So many things were running through my mind: the torment, the sadness, the pleads for redemption, the remorse, the desire to fade away, becoming nothing but dusty specks of a star's remnant.

I hated the one image that overpowered all those feelings. Against rationality, logic, and defeat, Katsuki Bakugo's face flooded my brain, playing on loop. The traces of a smile on his lips that day I was with his family, every strand of his eyebrows, how it furrowed together, the warmth of when he held my cold frame when I awoke, thawing it out with his passion.

He was repetition, leaving my mind devoted to the urge to be near him, despite every reason why I don't deserve to be around.

This bastard is making my stomach hurt.

The tears slipped out harder, why does it feel like my heart is being ruptured and re-pieced? Why do I feel like I'm being crushed by the weight of the world and alleviated of all pain at once?

What the hell is going on with me?

My eyes flew open when I felt fingers lace through mine, pulling me gingerly to a sturdy body as the other hand became woven with my hair, stroking the back of my head as I melted into the embrace.

"Let me go, don't stay just because I took your place. It would hurt less if you hated me." My whisper was soft but my pleads were absolute. I longed for him to shatter me, to reject the way we found each other like magnets, to insist that he and I were never supposed to meet, that we were destined for doom.

He said none of those things.

He only tightened his hold, grip so strong but touch so delicate and giving.

How cruel of him, to mend and harm everything he touches.

Katsuki pressed his lips to my temple before quickly moving it to press it against my ear and whisper.

"Let it hurt, then. Let it consume you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 835 29
The cover credit goes to @-Bezana-!! Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. I don't own any of the characters that the writers of the...
1.6M 64.1K 42
━━❝You! You're the girl from the prophecy! ❞ β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž .Β·:*Β¨ΰΌΊ ΰΌ»Β¨*:Β·. β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž...
710K 43.5K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
688K 33.9K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...