✓ Heavenly

By demetersdoom

you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me ✶ Harry Potter / Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows More

Angel face, devilish thoughts. . .
000. The Death/The Birth
Part One: Blink from a Universal Eye
001. Just Like Astrid
002. Parental Guidance
003. Hogwarts Express
004. Ministry Interference
005. Poison Ivy
006. Eye To Eye
007. Heavy On My Mind
008. Defense Against The Dark Arts
009. Eyes Of The Ministry
010. Mind Over Matter
011. Little Sister
012. Lovegood
013. I Must Respect My Superiors
014. Nothing Special
015. Law Of Attraction
016. Life and Death, Good and Evil
017. When Push Comes To Shove
018. Halo Model
019. Only In My Dreams
020. Hog's Head
021. The High Inquisitor
022. In The Fireplace
023. Halfbreed
024. Dumbledore's Army
025. No Such Thing
026. Heavens And Back
027. Absolute Power
028. The Voice In The Void
029. Girl Interrupted
030. St. Mungo's
031. A Single Cry On Christmas
032. Valentine's Day
033. Kindred Spirits
034. The Tiger and The Tigress
035. The Plunge
036. In Control
037. Department of Mysteries
038. Beyond The Veil
039. Guardian Angels
040. Judgement Day
Part Two: A New World Order
041. Revelations
042. Holy Terror
043. Lazarus Rising
044. Venus Black
045. No Rest For The Wicked
046. Coconut Vanilla
047. House Of Cards
048. Dumb Luck
049. Teenage Dream
050. 'Tis The Season
051. Light And Dark
052. Nobody Likes A Bitch
053. God's Grace
054. Trouble In Paradise
055. Kiss And Tell
056. Lightning-Struck Tower
057. Time Will Come
058. Getaway Angel
059. Life After Death
060. Until Hell Freezes
Part Three: Drunken Gods of Slaughter
061. Universal Law
062. Angels On The Line
063. Resurrection Alone
064. Stairway To Heaven
065. Always A Bridesmaid
066. The Ministry Has Fallen
067. September First
068. Teenage Rebellion
069. Target Of Tyranny
070. Malfoy Manor
071. Fight Or Flight
072. On The Other Side
073. Angel Not On Earth
075. Commencement
076. The Battle of Hogwarts
077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End
078. Value Of Life
079. The Human Heart
080. How We Survive
081. Who Wins The War
082. Epilogue / After the Storm

074. Room Of Requirement

1.1K 54 8
By demetersdoom

Part Three / Chapter Seventy-Four

The faded sound of crashing waves was the first sound that registered in Venus' empty world. The scent of seawater and peppermint filled her nose prompting her to open her eyes. Beside the throbbing pain in her abdomen, Venus sensed an angels absence first. Castiel wasn't here anymore, he must have watched her fade into sleep again before leaving. Her clothes were still blood-stained and dirty and her hair was a curly mess filled with grains of sand.

She pushed herself up from the bed. The atmosphere was eerily silent. She didn't hear Ron saying anything stupid, Hermione correcting him or Harry asking too many questions.

The peppermint scent that awoke her grew stronger once Venus made her way downstairs and into the kitchen. Fleur Delacour stood magnificently in between the stove and the table. She poured steaming hot water into two teacups with teabags inside that wafted a stronger peppermint aroma around the kitchen.

"Bonjour Venus." She smiled brightly, bringing over a cup of tea. In another hand she passed her a change of clean clothes.

"Thank you." Venus smiled, coming out of the bathroom dressed in a set of Fleur's clothes. She took a tiny sip of the peppermint tea, "where is everyone?"

"Bill is in the shower." Even through her strong accent, Venus detected that she was keeping some truth away from her.

"Fleur. You know what I mean by they." Venus stated plainly.

"On a mission at Gringotts Bank." Fleur said quickly.

"What?! Why didn't anyone think to- oh i don't know- tell me?"

"Because you got internal bleeding after being punched in the gut by an Angel." Bill came from the other side of the house, hair damp and with a fresh set of clothes on. "Never thought I'd be saying that sentence."

Venus huffed and ignored that Bill was correct about the entire situation, leaning against the kitchen counter taking occasional sips of her steaming hot tea. The sky was slowly dimming, taking its time on that May afternoon.

The constant ticking of the Grandfather clock in the room imitated a ticking bomb, and whenever each minute passed Venus flinched. The space around her had become so constricted, it felt as if the house could explode if she took the slightest breath. She couldn't stand here, doing nothing while her friends were risking their lives out there and battling who knows what.

Suddenly, a great gust of wind blew directly into the house from the open windows. Vases crashed onto the wood floors, the curtains pushes themselves into the houses interior, almost forming into an embodiment of a ghost. A wolf burst through the front door, not physically, but its pale blue cast allowed it to easily pass through the door with no damage.

"Bill, Fleur, Venus." said Remus' voice from the patronus. "We need you three at Hogwarts, it's urgent."

Then, like it was never there, the wolf evaporated. Leaving behind small specks of blue light that dissolved into the air around them.

"Let's go." Bill hurried up and out of his seat in the dining table. "Come on, Rosario." He held out his other arm, while Fleur held onto the other. Venus hurriedly and excitedly placed the cup of tea back on the counter and grabbed Bill's arm.

She stumbled on her feet again, nearly vomiting after the sensation of being pulled and stretched while apparating to Hogwarts. Her fit was eased when she felt a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her.

"You're okay." Harry's muffled voice sighed into her neck. "We had to go to Gringotts without you, please don't kill us."

Usually, Venus would be infuriated. Her natural stubborn nature and feeling of obligation to help protect others got in the way of when someone else was protecting her. Although, at this moment, she was just relieved he was still alive. "I'll let it slide this time."

It was there where Venus took a minute to take a look around. She wasn't in the Great Hall, a common room, not even a random corridor in the school. It was the Room of Requirement where she spent her evenings with the DA.

Except sleeping bags were littered all over and there were no books, bean bags or photos adorning the high walls. Everyone, students, some teachers and members of the Order stood. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor students were the majority of those taking shelter here with the exception of a few Slytherins.

"Venus!" Cordelia Shacklebolt shouted from across the room.

Her hair had grown longer, due to her age she'd gotten increasingly taller but she still had the same baby face resembling the one she displayed when Venus saved her from the wrath of Draco Malfoy two years ago.

The two girls, like sisters separated at birth, sprang toward one another engulfing each other in a long awaited embrace. The big sister cradling the younger one like a newborn baby, scared she would hurt her due to excitement and relief.

Venus pulled back just to see her face again, pushing back any stray curls that blocked the face she hadn't seen in weeks. "Are you alright, Cordelia?"

"I think it's me who should be asking that question. Where've you been?" Venus assumed they wouldn't let the third years read any newsletters surrounding her imprisonment, an act she was grateful for.

"I'm okay. I promise. We just have to worry about getting you and all the younger ones some place safe."

Cordelia Shacklebolt was indeed a stubborn girl, worse than Venus herself sometimes. A born-bred Gryffindor naturally and by due diligence of her grandfather. Cordelia immediately shut down the idea of her going while Venus and the others fought.

And, as always, Venus was not having it. "When hell freezes over, Cordelia Shacklebolt." she stared blankly. "Not another word about this." Venus stopped Cordelia's constant nagging, and eventually by some miracle, Cordelia let it go.

"Venus." Harry called her over. His face was serious, and by the sun in his electric eyes, Venus came right over only to be met by a kiss.

"Is that what you called me over here for?"

Ignoring to comment on the pink flush that stained her cheeks, Harry shook his head. "I have an idea...stemmed from Constance's brilliant one."

Venus would have never thought an idea coming from Harry Potter could work so well, because from what she's experienced, every single idea has almost gotten her killed.

For the next few hours, as the sun died in the sky, everyone in the Room of Requirement prepared in order to avoid the fate the sun had as it fell. Venus, Ron, Harry and Hermione meeting with everyone and showing them how to properly cast the spell, even the younger ones— just in case.

Venus came over to Cordelia, who still bore the irritated expression on her face about earlier. Waving her white flag, the eldest faintly smiled, "You still angry at me?"

The younger gryffindor sighed, "I haven't decided yet."

Venus smirked pushing her shoulder playfully. "Have you got the spell down already?" She took a seat on the floor across from her. "Who am I kidding, of course you do."

Cordelia was silent, shifting her body away from Venus. "I just want to help." Crossing her arms, she pouted toward the ground.

"I know you do." Venus made her way toward the girl, kneeling down to meet her face to face. "But you're not meant to participate in all of the battles, you're far too young."

"That's totally selfish."

"Isn't it also selfish of what could happen to you out there?" Venus' motherly tone ceased. "If you die, how would your grandfather feel? Your friends? Me?"

"I don't want to make you feel guilty." Venus began. "But you should always think of what could happen and if it's really worth it. Is it worth it, Cordelia?"

Venus left the young girl with her own thoughts, hoping she'd actually gotten somewhere this time. Then, a clash from across the room bounced off the walls, hitting her ears immediately.

"Are you all right, Harry?" Neville asked worryingly, him, along with Ron, helping Harry stay on his feet.

Venus rushed over, taking her arm to support him. "You okay?"

"Brilliant." He said in a strained voiced, fake confidence coating his words that was less than convincing to Venus. "We need to get going."

Though the four of them understood what Harry meant, the other students surrounding them held puzzled expressions. Until Seamus was brave enough to ask, "What are we going to do, then, Harry? What's the plan?"

"Plan?" Harry repeated. His eyes squinted, palm pressing against the lightning scar that marked the side of his eyebrow. "Well, there's something we – Ron, Hermione, and I – need to do, and then we'll get out of here."

Neville frowned, "What d'you mean, 'get out of here'?"

"It's something we have to do. We haven't come back to stay." Harry eyed the other three, his eyes sparkling with curiousness on whether he should reveal Dumbledore's plans for them. "We're not supposed to tell— it was a mission. Given to us by Dumbledore before he died."

"Well, what is it?" Neville looked at him confusingly, like the 400 other faces were.

They all remained silent, as did the other kids. Some chattering under their breath to their friends, others with raised eyebrows and frowns dawning their faces. Again, Neville spoke, "Whatever it is. We can help you."

"You wouldn't understand." Harry said simply, his weight was numbing Venus' arm but if she let go Harry would face plant right onto the concrete. So, she persisted.

Seamus's ears flew red. "Wouldn't understand? We're Dumbledore's army. We've been fighting over here too. Don't you remember, Venus? When they locked for away with no food or drink?"

Venus did remember, all too vividly. The beginning of their revolution had commenced before her and Constance were taken in the middle of that corridor. She didn't promise them exactly, but the feeling sure felt like one. An obligation to continue what she, Constance, and her housemates began.

She looked up at Harry doefully. "He's right. They can help."

Hooting and clapping echoed throughout the Room of Requirement for Venus. Harry was not so thrilled about the idea.

"C'mon mate, we need all the soldiers we've got, right?" Neville and Seamus' seemed to have convinced Ron of their service.

"You Hermione?" Harry sought the approval of the only person, besides Venus, he's ever listened to.

"It doesn't sound like too bad of an idea."

As Harry and Luna ventured off into the castle to find one of the remaining Horcruxes, everyone began preparing. Preparing for war. Scavenging rocks to use for Slingshot charms, making molotov cocktails out of old bottles (courtesy of Seamus), and grouping all the younger students together. Venus watched out of the window, this particular was oddly beautiful. The sky mixed with apricot, lavender, baby blue and a yellow as the sun was out of sight and the moon shimmered eerily. This wasn't a night where Venus could lay down and appreciate it, but she was forced to fight under it.

Hope was the thing Venus needed most right now, but she just couldn't muster enough of it. They had Angels, Dark wizards and two of the most powerful beings on their side. Here we had a bunch of kids and a burnt out Nephilim. Looking at the outcome was devastating— drastic.

Venus had always been a logical person. She worked on statistics, formulas and potions to get the answer. Relying on hope, karma and faith was never a factor for her until recent years. The unpredictable was occurring and Venus didn't know what to do.

So, she prayed. She wasn't sure who or what she was praying to, but she knew who she was praying for. Her family, friends, boyfriend, Cordelia, Castiel, Corinne. For herself, she didn't necessarily pray for safety— she prayed for strength.

"Venus," it was Neville and he was sweatier than usual. "We've got to get you out of here," he urged as he began pulling her by her sweater.

Venus pulled back, unbeknownst to his sudden reaction and concern for her safety. "Why?"

He glanced back, letting Venus know she should too. What was previously a calm, collected and prepared group of students had spiraled into hushed horror as they all huddled by the doors together.

"Snape knows." He says, taking Venus by the arm again. "And he's asking for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 1K 31
❝Can you hear my heart breaking inside my chest? Can you hear my screams? Because I don't think you can, and that scares me even more, because what i...
5.9K 130 15
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀꜱ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀᴍᴇʟɪᴀ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴏꜱᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ, ꜰɪɴᴅꜱ ʜᴇʀꜱᴇʟꜰ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ʜᴇ...
17.8K 409 38
❝𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋?❞ 𝖺𝗌𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋. ❝𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗎𝗌 𝗍𝗈, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍...
27.5K 562 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...