Deceive Me (On Hold)

By JordayDawn

-On hold because I wish for my writing to become more mature before I continue- Skylar Branning, Charity Dave... More

Copyright & Acknowledgements!
Chapter One
Chapter Three

Chapter Two

23 5 7
By JordayDawn

It was now half past nine at night and police officers swarmed Tabitha's room, collection evidence, taking samples of the nail polish on Tabitha's cabinet and looking for signs of forced entry, so far the police had found none, leaving everyone baffled by how whoever wrote this message on the cabinet. The girls had all decided that they would hide the bracelet, and had wiped off the sticky marks the sticky tape had made. If Skylar's bracelet was a clue than the police wouldn't understand it but the three girls bought that bracelet, they understood what every charm on the tiny silver bracelet meant. The evidence meant more to them than it did to the police officers. I mean they had technically paid for it so it wasn't like it was stealing.

The police officers finished up and soon the girls were all alone again. They sat on Tabitha's bed in silence, they all felt sick to their stomaches with fear as they stared at the bracelet that had previously been sticky taped to Tabitha's closet.

"Do you think whoever put it here has Skylar?" Dakota asked as she bit down on her thumb nail nervously.

"Who else would do this, if they're sick enough to scare to breaking in to my house and leaving this here than they're sick enough to take Skylar, plus they had her nail polish." Tabitha sighed. 

"You guys, do you think they killed her?" Charity pondered.

"Why would they leave they say 'the bracelet will guide you' if she wasn't alive, it obviously means whatever we find with the bracelet than that will lead us to her whereabouts," Tabitha pointed out.

"It could lead us to her dead body," Charity implied. This revelation made the other girls hearts begin to race with fear, if they weren't already beating at maximum pace, that is.

 "Are your parents coming home at all tonight?" Dakota queried to Tabitha.

"No they're staying at Jesse's house," Tabitha replied. Jesse was Tabitha's older brother who lived in New York City, Tabitha's parents liked to visit them often because they had an apartment in the big city and it was easier to stay their for bussiness reasons. Also because Jesse's wife Ingrid had just given birth to a beautiful girl, Isabel and Tabitha's mother absolutely adored her.

 "Do you mind if we call the boys than, I don't want to be here alone?" Dakota asked.

Dakota played with her fingers nervously and pure terror showed on her face, out of all three of the girls Dakota was the one who was the most afraid. She had been stalked before, in ninth grade a girl named Amy Mace  had been absolutely infatuated with her. She followed her everywhere she went until one day she drew a knife on Dakota and threatened to murder her if she didn't start to acknowledge her presence. But the girl was clumsy and obviously brain damaged because she did it in the middle of the mall, where two police officers had just stopped to grab some burgers and fries for lunch, as soon as she had drawn the knife the officers had unarmed and tackled her too the ground. Amy had been in a mental institution ever since and it wasn't likely that she would ever get out.

"Yeah I'll text them," Tabitha replied before grabbing out her phone and tapping out a message on her iPhone.

Soon enough four boys made their way up the stairs of Tabitha's house and in to her bedroom where the girls still sat on the bed. Damien Atherton sat down behind Dakota, wrapped his arms around her and placed his head on her shoulder, kissing her neck quickly before focusing on the others. Damien was a typical bad boy before he met Dakota, he used to rob convenience stores until one day when Dakota was helping out at the convenience store her uncle owned and caught Dakota red handed, nobody had ever put up a fight when he stole and it surprised him when Dakota is. That day was two years ago, just after Amy had been sent to the mental institution. Dakota had helped Damien through his stealing addiction and Damien had helped Dakota through  her anxiety issues which she had developed after the whole Amy ordeal.

 The other three guys had been friends with the girls since the first day of freshman year, on the first day of high school they had been put in to the same class and in that class they played games and after spending just a few minutes together all seven of them knew they would be best friends, it had just seemed to click with them all. Each and every one of them had different personalities and hobbies but that just made for some more diversity in the group.

Jason Mahoney who was currently sitting on the seat near Tabitha's window was captain of the mathletes team for Burlingwood high school, most people would pin him as a total nerd the second he said the word mathlete but he really wasn't he was just your typical teenage boy. He went to parties, to the beach and had fun with his friends on the weekends instead of living in a dark room at his computer soling maths problems like everybody who didn't know the guy thought.

Andy Hawethorne sat on the carpet in Tabitha's room, leaning his shoulder on Tabitha's bed was an arts student, as a boy growing up he doodled a lot in class, he didn't get very good grades because he would always end up zoning out and drawing instead. But in high school he got great grades because he could actually express himself in a class. Andy wanted to be a design architect when he grew up.

Arion Mayvis had wrapped his left arm around Tabitha's waist and nuzzled his nose against her neck, he was known for his sexual excapades with many different girls, that was until one nigh when Tabitha and him got really drunk and slept together, it was the first time Tabitha had gotten drunk and she desperately regretted it in the morning. But Arion had insisted that they go out on a date and Tabitha had reluctantly agreed. Arion hadn't slept with anyone for the two months since than and he took Tabitha out on many dates since then, but they weren't officially dating.

Charity enlightened the guys on all of the afternoons events, they were all angry and wanted to hunt down whoever had left the bracelet on Tabitha's cabinet. Rage showed on all the boys faces except for Jason who had tears running down his face, just under a month ago he had admitted to Charity that he was in love with Skylar. Skylar would never give him the time of day though, Skylar's motto had always and would always be 'don't let yourself get held down by one person when you could be with so many more'. All of Skylar's friends loved her but they had to admit, she was reckless when it came to boys and some people even said she was a bit promiscious.

"What are we going to do about this bracelet?" Jason mumbled in the girls direction.

"We? Their is no we only us." Tabitha pointed to Dakota, Charity and herself. "Whoever did this wanted us to have the bracelet, not you guys. You're staying out of this."

"Like hell we are!" Damien protested defensively.

"You're not getting involved in this you could get hurt," Dakota stated. She gave a warning look to Damien, telling him not to even try to argue with her. Damien shrugged down in defeat, pouting at Dakota but she just giggled it off and playfully slapped his arm, which he counteracted by tickling her stomach. Dakota wrenched around agressively screaming at Damien to stop between her wild giggling. Damien only stopped tickling Dakota when she accidently kicked Tabitha in the nose. Tabitha pinched her nose and screamed out in pain and Dakota covered her gaping mouth with her hand before stringing out several apologies in several different languages. But Tabitha just ruffled her eyebrows at her and continued talking.

"I think the bracelet means something, like we have to go to a place or find something. Each of the charms signified an event or a specific item, we can figure out what they mean together. I mean Dakota, Charity and I will, you boys can't fight all our battles. We have to take this on ourselves," Tabitha stated.

"This is above your heads, above all of our heads," Arion argued.                                                                       

 "This bracelet was placed here for us to find Skylar we have to atleast try, and I'm afraid that if you guys try to help than they won't even let us try to find her," Charity whined, tears had begun to pour down her face a long time ago and showed no signs of stopping. Charity was always one to show her emotions, she was an open book. Unlike Dakota and Tabitha.

"Please," Dakota pleaded in Damien's direction. She pouted a little bit and gave him her best interpretation of puppy dog eyes. Damien's resolve was amost immediately drained from him as he saw the look Dakota was now giving him.

"Fine," Damien gave in, "But if any one of you three get hurt, even a tiny little scratch Jason, Arion, Andy and I will be going after these guys, and when we find then we will kill them."

"Yeah!" The other three boys agreed in unison.

The seven of them continued to argue the technicalities until the wee hours of the evening. By three in the morning the group of seven had come to a conclusion. The three girls would follow the trail of the bracelet, beginning from the first three charms they bought Skylar to go along with the bracelet on her sixteenth birthday and they would follow the tieline of when they bought what charm right until the last little charm they had bought her just three days before she went missing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...