UMSHADO (EDITED, PARTS THAT A...

By VanRahdBooks

A story about a woman who finds herself in a situation she never expected and it changes her whole life forev... More

CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 2.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 8
Chapter 9
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
Continual of Chapter 39.
CHAPTER 40
Continual Of Chapter 40
CHAPTER 41
Continual Of Chapter 41.
Chapter 42
Continual of Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
Continual Of Chapter 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
Continual Of Chapter 45
CHAPTER 46
Continual Of Chapter 46
CHAPTER 47
Continual Of Chapter 47
CHAPTER 48
Continual of Chapter 48
CHAPTER 49
Continual of Chapter 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
Author's Note.
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 73

1.9K 140 9
By VanRahdBooks

LUNGI.

#NotEdited

I hope the whole family is ready to hear me out and what I have to say even though I know very well that what I’m going to say is going to hurt mbuso's mom and his brother. They have to understand though that I’m doing this because I want my husband home.

“ Mrs Gumede?.” It’s mbuso’s doctor.

“ Doc how’s my husband?.”

“ His brain has been active since the early hours of the morning and I am very impressed. His brain swelling is going down and that is the most important thing. If he continues like this it might be possible that tomorrow he might be able to breath on his own. Your husband is fighting Mrs gumede. ”

“ I am so happy to hear that doc. Are not still able to tell if he is paralyzed or not?.”

“ I did move my pen under his feet and I saw his toes moving a little and that’s very good. I don’t you to get your hopes up though until we are absolutely sure but this is good for us.” Thank God. At least one good thing is happening.

“ Thank you doc.” she smiles. Time to talk to my family.

They are sitting in groups like they are dividing themselves and I hate that. I don’t like it at all because during this difficult time we should all be as one.

I look around and I don’t see bonga’s mom.

“ Bonga?.” They stop talking.

“ Where’s uMah?.”

“ She’s not welcomed here. She doesn’t deserve to be here.” Their uncle says.

“ She needs to be here malume. What I have to say involves her too?.”

“ we don’t need her here. You can say whatever you want to say to all of us here and then we’ll tell her.”

“ I’m sorry malume but she has to be here. ”

“ Makoti this thing is bigger than you. Don’t force us to accept her as part of this family!.”

“ Baba with all due respect I don’t mean to disrespect you in any way and I don’t want to involve myself in your business. I didn’t choose to out put in this position because it is too much for me and I hate it. They came to me, I didn’t come to them so please. I need uMah here. She’s part of this family whether we like it or not.”

“ luh what’s really going on?.” Bonga asks. I cover my face with my hands and take a deep breath.  

“ please go get her?.”

“ she’s in the conference room. I’ll go get her.”  He leaves and I sit down. Why me?. Why did they choose me and not anyone else?.

“ Mrs gumede?.” It’s another woman, nurse kunene and the security guard.

“ Can I help you?.”

“ I am the hospital's CEO Dr Khomo.” She shakes my hand. “ something has been brought to my attention here by Mr masombuka.”

“ it’s okay doctor. It happened and I would like to forget about it.”  I really don’t want anyone to know.

“ what happened.” Scelo asks.

“ Miss kunene here accused  Mrs gumede of stealing from the hospital.” Dr Khomo explains.

“ what?. ” they ask shocked.

“ she mad a mistake doctor it’s fine.”

“ Mrs gumede in saw the footage and it was totally unacceptable. She’s here to apologize to you and we want you to know that further steps will  be taken against her.” Honestly I don’t care. They shouldn’t have dragged this poor man here.

“ What did the nurse do?.” Busani asks.

“ when Mrs gumede tried to explain who she is and why she’s here she accused her of lying and then she snatched Mrs gumede’s bag from her and started pulling her things out of the bag. When she didn’t find alwhat she was accusing her of she left stepping on her clothes.” Mr masombuka explains.

“ and you were kind to help me sir and I am grateful. That’s all that matters.”

“ she did what?. You do know that she can write you a check right now and give you your whole pension fund money?. ” the nurse rolls her eyes 

“ Apologize nurse kunene.” The doctor or tell her.

“ sorry. ” she says rolling her eyes.

“ that’s not an apology ntombazane. ” mbuyiselo says.

“ yeah. Thank you Dr Khomo.”

“ Please let me know if you need anything else.”

“ we will.”

They walk out and she sits far away from anyone and that hurts me. I know she’s the most hated person right now and everyone wants to be done with her because of what she did and she does deserve it but she shouldn’t be treated like an animal.

“ Mah please sit closer. You have to hear this too.”

She looks like she hasn’t slept in years. She looks like how I feel. Miserable, exhausted…

“ Talk she’s here!..”

“ don’t talk to my sister like!.”

“ scelo… ”

“ How am I talking to her?!.”

“ Malume please!.”.busani says walking in coming out from mbuso’s room. “ don’t take your anger our on her. She’s dealing with a lot and she doesn’t need stress. Just hear what she has to say.” Busani says.

“ What is so important that she needs to be here?. Mbuso has his mother now and he doesn’t need her!.”

“ That’s not your decision to make malume. It’s my husbands decision to make. Not me, you or anyone else here. If you would just give me a chance to tell you what I was told!.”

“ by who? Her?. She’s the one who sent you here to try to talk to us on her behalf right so we can forgive ber?!. Is that what you want to tell us.” He says shouting

“ Malume it’s.. . ”

“ I’m not going to sit here and listen you to you championing for her after everything she had done to this family!. How could you betray your husband like this! … . ”

“ Zikalala you better watch how you talk to my daughter!.” My dad stands up.

“ Fanele stop!.” Mbuso’s mom reprimands him.

“ Malume I know you don’t know luh but we know her. She would never betray mbuso or even one of us. She would never do that so please don’t talk to her like that and accuse her of betraying her husband.”

“ she’s been her mother in law all these years. She could have learned some tricks from her!.”

“ Enough Fanele!.” My father in law says standing up.

This is getting out of hand!. They were suppose tolisten to what I have to say then right after I’m dine but no!. His uncle now is accusing me of something I would do!.

“ oh shut up!. Had you had your eyes opened and saw who she really was none of us would be here right now!.”

“ you will not talk to my daughter like that Fanele. Ever!.” My father in law warns him

“ This is not the time to point fingers and put blame. We all know what happened and we can’t change that!.  Baba please let’s hear what luh has to say!.”

“ you insult my daughter again and we will have a huge problem!.” My dad is angry.

“ if you want me to listen to what you have to say then you will tell sebenzile to leave. I am not going to be in the same room as her!.”

“ Malume please! She must be here. There’s no other way!.”

“ how could she be needed when we know the problem is her?.”

“ If you can just calm down and let me explain you will understand why?.”

“ No!. I know what you want to say and it’s not going to work!.”

“ No uncle you’re being unreasonable right now!.” Busani says.

“ You don’t know anything!. You think you know but you don’t!. Let me tell you something malume should anything happen to my husbands I’m going to blame you and no one else!.”

“ What? You’re crazy!. You should blame that mother in law of yours who’s busy feeding you poison!.”

“ Fanele stop!.” Mbuso’s mom says.

“ No I won’t.  I see you want to kill my nephew so you can inherit all his money!.” OH MY GOD!.  I feel. Like I’m going to have a heart attack right now and I just want to die!.

“ MALUME NO! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! ” Busani screams at him.

“ You mother fucker!. How dare you accuse my daughter of trying to kill her husband!.”

Dad charges to uncle fanele and lands a mean punch on his nose I see blood coming out and the boys try to separate them. It’s one big mess and I don’t know what to do. They finally manage to separate them.

Bonga’s mom is crying, my dad looks like he still wants a piece of uncle fanele and my brother is mad. Bonga looks at him digusted and his sons are looking at their dad disappointed. My father in law has this murderous look on his face. They are all shout at each other. Uncle fanele is busy accusing me of many things and conspiring with bonga’s mom.

I take my bag and walk to the elevator.

“ Luh don’t Leave! Luh!.”

I quickly get in and the doors close just as busani as busani was about to be close. My legs buckle and I fall down on the floor and cry!. Never ever have I ever thought I would be accused of trying to kill my husband. How could he think I would do someone like that?!. Why wouldn’t he let me say what I have to say?. I can’t break down in here and have people watch me fall apart. I get up, search for my phone but I don’t find it. I have no idea where it is. I’ll ask the receptionist if I can make a call to Sims.

The doors open and I look up and see sbu

“ Hey you’re crying what happened? Is mbuso okay? ” I step out.

“ I… he’s fine… I… take me home please!. I can’t be here… my kids!. ”

“ what happened luh?. What did they do to you?!.”

“ Just take me home please!.”

“ ok come.” He takes my bag and we walkout. We go to the parking lot, get in the car and be drives out.

I zone out and think about what malume said. I know he’s angry and his sister but did he really mean all those things?. Does he really think I am capable of that?. How the hell am I going to tell them what their grandmother said if he’s not willing to hear me out?. What if he doesn’t believe me when I ttellthem and convinces mbuso’s mom to not agree?.

“ Luh talk to me. What happened?.”

“ everything is a mess sbu and mbuso’s uncle is being difficult he… ” I tell him about my dream excluding about someone dying but everything else that happened that led me to walk out.

“ that’s a lot luh. On top of everything you’re going through they dump all of that on you and you must try to get everyone in one room and tell them?. That’s hard. No wonder you just walked out of there. When you tell them they have to put their differences aside and do what is expected for the future of this family. Mbuso will make sure that it happens. His dad too.”

“ What about their uncle sbu? What if he has an influence over his sister and convinces her not to agree?.”

“ I haven’t met busani but if he’s identical to mbuso they might have similar character and I think he will sort he’s uncle out or else we know scelo will do anything to make you happy.”

“ that’s what scares me. It was a mess sbu, my dad punches my uncle in-law and that might make my relationship with them hard.”

“ I would have punched him too if I was your dad. Firstly he doesn’t have any right to talk to you like that and secondly he doesn’t know you to even accuse you of doing something like that.”

“ I know sbu but they are still my in-laws too and we have to build a relationship.”

“ mbuso wont allow that. Anyone who hurts the one he loves will pay.”

“ and that’s how we got here. Revenge!. Sometimes revenge is not the answer. Sometimes we just have to let things go and let God and our ancestors fight on our behalf. I know what ma did is very cruel but for Pete’s sake they should just let her ancestors deal with her.

“ That’s true. Sometimes we don’t need to fight but it’s who we are luh. We protect and fight for those we love. ” the gate opens and we get inside this huge beautiful mansion.

“ thank you for bringing my kids to me and everyone.”

“ my brother would do the same for me too. Luh I’m always going to be here for you whtherbuso is here or not. You can always count on me for anything.” I take his into mine.

“ This means a lot to me sibusiso. Ngiyabonga kakhulu.”

“ I’m not coming in. I want to see what’s going on at the hospital and talk to your other husband.” He smiles. I shake my head.

“ he might look like mbuso but he’s nothing like him.” He laughs and I get out of the car.

I walk to the front door, take a deep breath and open the door. I can hear laughs from the kids. They are all here?.

Melusi is chasing sbonelo and he’s laughing so hard. I stand there watch him pick sbonelo up and he throws him in the air and my son laughs hard. It brings me so much joy that I am blessed to have my sons in my life. They turn and both see me. I put my bag down

Melusi puts sbonelo down and my son runs to me.

“ mama… mama.” I kneel down, open my arms and he thrown himself at me. I hug him tight, kiss his chubby cheeks and inhale his scent. He smells like home.

I stand up with him still in my arms and pull melusi to me. He gives me a tight hug too.

“ where is his twin?.”

“ he’s with mom. She’s changing his T-shirt cause he got tomato sauce on his T-shirt.”

“ Ok boy. How are you?.”

“ I’m good ma. Is ubaba going to be okay?.”

“ Let’s sit down. How did you find out?.”

“ I heard mamakamo talking with gogo nonto.”

“ do your other brothers and sister know?.”

“ no matter they don’t.” I breath out.

“ I need you to be a big brother to them and watch them okay. If you see anything wrong tell one of us and that includes you boy.”

“ I will ma.”

“ Melusi he’s going to be okay. I don’t want you to worry or stress yourself. He was in an accident but the doctor said he’s doing okay and soon he’s going to be back and ask you about your girlfriend.” He laughs.

“ Cha ma she’s not my girlfriend. She’s just a friend that’s all.”

“ I’m glad to hear that cause you’re still young. You need to focus on school and just be a kid angith? ”

“ yebo ma.” I kiss his forehead. He gets up and runs somewhere.

“ Hello baby?..... Did you miss mommy?.” He nods. “ mommy missed you too. “ give mommy a hug and kiss?.” He wraps his little arms around me and gives me a kiss.

“ Mama? ”

“ yes baby?. ”

“  I want kamo.” I smile. He done with me. I put him down and he runs away too.

I get up and walk to the kitchen and sis nonto is coming in from outside.

“ Oh luh sisi. I’m so sorry.”

She pulls me to her arms and I hug her tight too. Tears silently stream down. I feel a hug behind me and someone else too joins. I recognise their scents. It’s sims and lesego.

I let all the tears I’ve been holing back and cry. They comfort me, tell me it’s going to be okay and I believe them. I’ve got my two sisters with me and I know they will be with me through thick and thin.

“ Thank you all for being here. ”

“ we are family sisi. We are not going anywhere.” Sis nonto says.

I wipe my tears and look at them.

“ thank you for taking care of my kids. Thank you.”

“ That’s what sisters do. Be there for you in everyway.”

“ all three of you are the best. Sis nonto you know that I take you as my mother so thank you for helping lesego with all our kids. I don’t know what we would all do without you.”

“ That’s what mother’s do.” We laugh. “ I’m going to start preparing lunch.” She hugs me again.

“ let’s go to your bedroom.” Sims says.

“ Where’s sboniso?. ” he went outside to okay with the others.

“ Did they give you any trouble?.” I ask lesego.

“ It was only when we got a call that mbuso was in an accident when you phoned and heard them crying. Bonga came and light the sage for them and they slept all through the night. Sponsored however is not his normal Jolly self. I think he can sense something is wrong.”

“ my poor baby. Did the house cane with furniture?.”

“ lucky for us the was a couple who wanted a fully furnished house but then they backed out of the deal. That’s how we got it.”

We get inside the master bedroom and it’s beautiful. Sims closes the door then we sit on the bed and I sigh.

“ How is the pregnancy treating you?. ” I ask Sims and she smiles.

“ I haven’t experienced any morning sickness and I hope it stays that way.”

“ Please don’t let our situation make you not enjoy your pregnancy.”

“ It’s hard luh. Mbuso is in ICU. You’re stressed and my husband God!. ”

“ it’s going to pass and all this will be a thing of the past.” I don’t want her to worry as much as this whole situation affects her.

“ yeah.”

“ how are you though?. Seriously luh?.” Lesego asks me.

“ it’s hard guys. It’s really hard and I the thought that mbuso might doe terrifies me. The doctor said when she touched his feet his toes moved so it’s a good sign that maybe my husband might not be paralyzed.”

“ that’s really great luh.” She says.

“ you know even if he’s paralyzed, loses his leg, arm eye or anything guys my love for him will never change. I will always love him the same. He’s the only man for me and I for him. I just want him to wake up and come back to us. That’s all I want.”

“ And he will sis.”

“ Your brother called and told us what happened in the hospital.”

“ guys! You should have heard mbuso’s uncle accusing me of wanting to kill mbuso for his money and conspiring with mah so I can apologize on her behalf. He really hurt my feelings. . ”

“ where does he get off saying that?.”

“ I know he is hurt, we all are but the way he went about it was very wrong.”

“ What did you want to talk about?.” Lesego asks.

I tell them about the dream I had excluding about someone dying and they are shocked.

“ My god luh!.” Sims. Says. “ I wish I was there to see your dad punching him!.” They laugh. I chuckle.

“ you really don’t deserve this luh. You are one amazing person I have ever met. Your heart is pure and you always want what is best for everyone and I understand why they would choose you. They could have told mbuyiselo's sister or both your mother in-laws but they didn’t cause they knew you are the only one who can do this. Whatever you need from us count us in.” my brother chose the best here.

“ He will come back and ask for forgiveness. They will all come back and hear what you have to say.”

“ I hope so too guys.” There’s a light knock on the door

“ come in. “ the door opens and I see little hands first and his frowning face and I chuckle. Kamo comes in with him.

“ hey baby?.” He smiles and my heart just melts. He runs to the bed  pick him up and shower his face with kisses and fits of his cheerful giggles fill the room. I tickle him he laughs so hard and tries to ran away from me and I stop. Both of them have their dads charming smile.

“ We will leave you t wo alone.”

“ Come and give aunty a hug.” Kamo gives me hug then kisses my cheek. “ thank you princess.” She laughs “ Tell your other brothers I will see them okay? Aunty is tired and I just want to nap a little. Please bring sbonelo to me?.”

“ ok aunty.” they leave us alone.

I lay on the bed and look at my son who’s looking.

“ Are you okay baby?.” He nods. “ you miss daddy?.” He nods again.

“ I miss him too baby.” I kiss his little hand. The door opens and Sbonelo comes in.

“ I’ll get them when you fall asleep sisi so they won’t d wake you up.” The nanny says putting sbonelo on the bed.

“ you don’t have too. I missed them. I’ll call you if they need something.”

“ Ok sisi.” She closes the door.

My sons both looks like their dads twin. I don’t know how they are going to react when they see busani or both of them at the same time. They are both looking at me wondering what is up with mom. I kiss their foreheads and pull them close to me.

“ Daddy loves us and I know he will be back to you and you and mommy. Right boys?.”

“ yes!.” They say.

“ do you want to nap with mommy?.” They nod. “ you daddy and I love you so very much.” They smile and I gives me comfort. I watch them playing with each other until they fall asleep. I cover us with the throw blanket and let sleep take me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72K 3.3K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...
95.2K 6.5K 56
What do you do when your past comes knocking at your door and turns your life up side down. Meet Nompumelelo and Mmelokuhle as they go through hell a...
115K 6.3K 58
A Twenty something Bafokeng princess meets Thirty something Zulu prince at the alter with nothing but, regret, agony and a need to escape, will their...
IMPUMELELO By NateLamak

General Fiction

77.7K 6.1K 41
A young lady falls in love with a young man who loves her dearly. They adore each other and they will do anything to protect each other from anything...