Rosabella Black|Daughter of S...

By Alexandra_060203

10 years ago everything changed. Voldemort was defeated and life soon returned normal, despite the many peopl... More

Meet the Black Family
Childhood
Hogwarts Express
Sorting Hat
The Potions Master
Halloween
Quidditch
No Prisoners
Nicolas Flamel
Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback
Consequences
Through The Trap Door
End Of The Year

Midnight Duel

930 23 5
By Alexandra_060203

Rosabella's Point of View:

The tension between Harry and Draco increased as did mine. The way Malfoy looked at me set my teeth on edge. Luckily, first year Gryffindors only had Potions with the Slytherins, so we didn't have to put up with Malfoy much. Or at least, we didn't until we spotted a notice pinned up in the Gryffindor common room which made us all groan. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday – and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together.

"Typical. Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy." Harry said, darkly.
He had been looking forward to learning to fly more than anything else.

"You don't know you'll make a fool of yourself." I said, soothingly.

"Anyway, I know Malfoy's always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet that's all talk." Ron said.

Malfoy certainly did talk about flying a lot. He complained loudly about first - years never getting in the house Quidditch teams and told long, boastful stories which always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters. I called bull shit on that.

He wasn't the only one, though. The way Seamus Finnigan told it, he'd spent most of his childhood zooming around the countryside on his broomstick. Ron would tell anyone who'd listen about the time he'd almost hit a hang-glider on Charlie's old broom. I talked about the little Quidditch matches my brothers would get into. Jason and Jacob vs Lucas and me. Michael would join in sometimes but he preferred to referee. Whenever Tonks was around we do three vs three. Michael would join the twins and Tonks would be with Lucas and me.

Everyone from wizarding families talked about Quidditch constantly. According to Harry, Ron had already had a big argument with Dean Thomas, who shared their dormitory, about football. Ron couldn't see what was exciting about a game with only one ball where no one was allowed to fly. Harry told me he had caught Ron prodding Dean's poster of West Ham football team, trying to make the players move. Neville had never been on a broomstick in his life, because his grandmother had never let him near one.

Privately, I felt she'd had good reason, because Neville managed to have an extraordinary number of accidents even with both feet on the ground. Hermione was almost as nervous about flying as Neville was. This was something you couldn't learn by heart out of a book – not that she hadn't tried. At breakfast on Thursday she bored the boys stupid with flying tips she'd got out of a library book called Quidditch through the Ages. I giggled silently at their expressions.

Neville was hanging on to her every word, desperate for anything that might help him hang on to his broomstick later, but everybody else was very pleased when Hermione's lecture was interrupted by the arrival of the post. Harry hadn't had a single letter since Hagrid's note, something that Malfoy had been quick to notice, of course.
Malfoy's eagle owl was always bringing him packages of sweets from home, which he opened gloatingly at the Slytherin table.

Uncle Remus sent us regular letters, along with Aunt Andromeda, Uncle Ted and Tonks. Tonks had just started her Auror training. A barn owl brought Neville a small package from his grandmother. He opened it excitedly and showed us a glass ball the size of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke. 

"It's a Remembrall! Gran knows I forget things – this tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red – oh . . ." Neville said and as he explained the Remembrall glowed scarlet.

Neville face fell.

". . . you've forgotten something . . ." Neville finish and he then was trying to remember what he'd forgotten.
I laughed softly.

Draco Malfoy, who was passing the Gryffindor table, snatched the Remembrall out of his hand. Harry, Ron and I jumped to our feet.

I was hoping, no begging, for a reason to fight Malfoy. But Professor McGonagall, who could spot trouble quicker than any teacher in the school, was there in a flash.

"What's going on?" Professor McGonagall said.

"Malfoy's got my Remembrall, Professor." Neville said.

Scowling, Malfoy quickly dropped the Remembrall back on the table.

"Just looking." Malfoy said, and he sloped away with Crabbe and Goyle behind him.

At three - thirty that afternoon, Harry, Ron and I along with the other Gryffindors hurried down the front steps into the grounds for our first flying lesson. It was a clear, breezy day and the grass rippled under our feet as we marched down the sloping lawns towards a smooth lawn on the opposite side of the grounds to the Forbidden Forest, whose trees were swaying darkly in the distance.

The Slytherins were already there, and so were twenty broomsticks lying in neat lines on the ground. Jason and Jacob had complained about the school brooms, saying that some of them started to vibrate if you flew too high, or always flew slightly to the left. Our teacher, Madam Hooch, arrived.She had short, grey hair and yellow eyes like a hawk.

"Well, what are you all waiting for?Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up." Madam Hooch barked.

I glanced down at the school broom. It was old and some of the twigs stuck out at odd angles. I missed my broom at home. Remus had promised to get me the new Nimbus 2000 for my birthday.

"Stick out your right hand over your broom and say, 'Up!'” Madam Hooch called at the front.

"UP!" everyone shouted.

Harry's and I's brooms jumped into our hands at once, but they were one of the few that did. Hermione's had simply rolled over on the ground and Neville's hadn't moved at all. Brooms, like horses, could tell when you were afraid. Tonks taught me that when she first taught me how to fly on a broom.

There was a quaver in Neville's voice that said only too clearly that he wanted to keep his feet on the ground and Hermione was also nervous she was just more subtle about it.

Madam Hooch then showed us how to mount our brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows, correcting their grips. I zoned out for that lecture. I've been flying since I was five.

Harry, Ron and I were delighted when she told Malfoy he'd been doing it wrong for years.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet and then come straight back down by leaning forwards slightly. On my whistle – three – two –" Madam Hooch said but Neville, nervous and jumpy and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard before the whistle had touched Madam Hooch's lips.

"Come back, boy!" Madam Hooch shouted, but Neville was rising straight up like a cork shot out of a bottle – twelve feet – twenty feet.

I saw Neville's scared white face look down at the ground falling away, saw him gasp, slip sideways off the broom and – WHAM – a thud and a nasty crack and Neville lay, face down, on the grass in a heap. His broomstick was still rising higher and higher and started to drift lazily towards the Forbidden Forest and out of sight. Madam Hooch was bending over Neville, her face as white as his.

"Broken wrist. Come on, boy – it's all right, up you get." I heard Madam Hooch mutter and then she turned to the rest of the class.

"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch'. Come on, dear." Madam Hooch said.

Neville, his face tear-streaked, clutching his wrist, hobbled off with Madam Hooch, who had her arm around him.
No sooner were they out of earshot than Malfoy burst into laughter.

"Did you see his face, the great lump?" Malfoy said, gleefully.

The other Slytherins joined in.

"Shut up, Malfoy." I snapped, glaring at Malfoy.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom? Never thought you'd like fat little cry babies, Rosabella." Pansy Parkinson said, a hard-faced Slytherin girl.

"I'll take them anyday over hyenas like you! Or squirrelly ferrets like you, Malfoy!" I retorted and the Gryffindors burst into laughter as the Slytherins glared at me.

"Look!" Malfoy said, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass.

"It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him." Malfoy sneered.

The Remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it up.

"Give that here, Malfoy." Harry said quietly.

Everyone stopped talking to watch. Malfoy smiled nastily.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to collect – how about – up a tree?" Malfoy said

"Give it here!' Harry yelled, but Malfoy had leapt onto his broomstick and taken off.

He hadn't been lying, he could fly well not amazing but not terrible.

"Come and get it, Potter!" Malfoy called hovering level with the topmost branches of an oak.

Harry grabbed his broom.

"No! Madam Hooch told us not to move you'll get us all into trouble." Hermione shouted.

Harry ignored her. He mounted the broom and kicked hard against the ground and up, up he soared. Hermione looked very affronted about being ignored. I laughed at her and she shot me a quick glare.

Harry pulled his broomstick up a little to take it even higher and I heard screams and gasps of girls back on the ground and an admiring whoop from Ron. I joined Ron with admiring whoop of my own. Harry could fly amazingly.
Harry turned his broomstick sharply to face Malfoy in mid - air. I could just about make out Malfoy's stunned face.

"Give it here, or I'll knock you off that broom!" Harry called loud enough for us to hear.

"Oh, yeah?" Malfoy said, but he sounded worried. 

Harry lent forward and it shot towards Malfoy like a javelin. Malfoy only just got out of the way in time. Harry made a sharp about turn and held held the broom steady.

A few people were clapping, I was one of them.Hermione looked disapproving.

"No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Malfoy." Harry called loud enough for us to hear.

Ron and I grinned at each other.
The same thought seemed to have struck Malfoy.

"Catch it if you can, then!" Malfoy shouted, and he threw the glass ball high into the air and streaked back towards the ground.

Harry leant forward and pointed his broom handle down – next second he was gathering speed in a steep dive, racing the ball. I held my breath in both fear and anticipation.

Harry stretched out his hand – a foot from the ground he caught it, just in time to pull his broom straight, and he toppled gently on to the grass with the Remembrall clutched safely in his fist. I stared awe struck but I was soon snapped out of it.

"HARRY POTTER!" McGonagall shrieked, running towards us.

My eyes widened in panic and I looked back at Harry.

Harry got to his feet, trembling.

"Never – in all my time at Hogwarts –" Professor McGonagall was almost speechless with shock, and her glasses flashed furiously.

"– how dare you – might have broken your neck –" McGonagall said.

"It wasn't his fault, Professor –" I said quickly.

"Be quiet, Miss Black –" McGonagall said.

"But Malfoy –" Ron tried to say.

"That's enough, Mr Weasley. Potter, follow me, now." Professor McGonagall said.

I caught sight of Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle's triumphant faces as he left, walking numbly in Professor McGonagall's wake as she strode towards the castle. Harry followed her reluctantly.

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle were smirking triumphantly. Ron and I exchanged apprehensive looks and we glared at Malfoy and his goons.

"You're joking." Ron said, shocked.

It was dinner time. Harry had just finished telling Ron and I what had happened when he'd left the grounds with Professor McGonagall. Harry was now the new Gryffindor Seeker.
Ron had a piece of steak-and-kidney pie halfway to his mouth, but he'd forgotten all about it.

"Seeker? But first - years never – you must be the youngest house player in about –" I said, grinning.

"– a century." Harry said, shovelling pie into his mouth.

"Wood told me." Harry said after swallowing hid pie.

Ron was so amazed, so impressed, he just sat and gaped at Harry. I smiled proudly at him.

"I start training next week. Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret." Harry said.

Fred and George Weasley now came into the hall along with Jason and Jacob. They spotted Harry and hurried over.

"Well done. Wood told us. We're on the team too – Beaters." George said in a low voice.

"Jay and I are Chasers. You must be a seriously good flyer to join the team when your only in first year." Jacob said.

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch Cup for sure this year." Jason said.

"We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us." Fred said.

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school." Jacob said.

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you." Jason said and with that both sets of twins left.

Jason, Jacob, Fred and George had hardly disappeared when someone far less welcome turned up. Malfoy, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle.

"Having a last meal, Potter?" Malfoy sneered.

"Well, I know I was enjoying mine intill an obnoxious prat came along." I said, glaring at Malfoy.

Ron and Harry sniggered. Malfoy shot me a quick glare but otherwise ignored me.

"When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?"Malfoy said, continuing to sneer.

"You're a lot braver now you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you." Harry said coolly.

There was of course nothing at all little about Crabbe and Goyle, but as the High Table was full of teachers, neither of them could do more than crack their knuckles and scowl. They can't exactly us their words because their vocabulary is very limited.

"I'd take you on any time on my own. Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only – no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I I suppose?" Malfoy said, smirking.

"Of course he has." I said, glaring at Malfoy.

"I'm his second, who's yours?" Ron said.

Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle, sizing them up.

"Crabbe. Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room, that's always unlocked." Malfoy said.

When Malfoy had gone, Ron, Harry and I looked at each other.

"What is a wizard's duel? And what do you mean, you're my second?" Harry asked.

"Well, a second's there to take over if you die." Ron said casually, getting started at last on his cold pie.

"But people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy'll be able to do is send sparks at each other. Neither of you knows enough magic to do any real damage. I bet he expected you to refuse, anyway." I said quickly, catching the look on Harry's face.

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?" Harry said.

"Throw it away and punch him in the nose." I suggested and Ron chuckled.

"Excuse me." A familiar voice said.

The three of us looked up. It was Hermione.

"Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" Ron said.

Hermione ignored him and spoke to Harry.

"I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying –" Hermione started to say.

"Bet you could." Ron muttered.

"Minding her own business has never been her strong suit. And I say that with love." I said and laughed when Hermione's glared at me, a faint smile on her lips.

"– and you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you." Hermione said.

"And it's really none of your business."  Harry said.

"Goodbye." Ron said.

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Ron asked.
I shrugged.

"Haven't pranked Mike in awhile. I'll meet you in the common room at half past eleven." I said and left the Great Hall.

I dropped water balloons and

Dungbombs on Michael from a banister as he walked past a staircase. I got a lot of other people as well. McGonagall eventually found me and gave me detention. Plus ten points from Gryffindor.

I waited in the common room after my detention. There was a very good chance we were going to get caught by Filch or Mrs Norris, but the idea of beating Malfoy was to great. The common room was dark, only a few embers in glowing in the fireplace. Ron and Harry then came down the stairs.

"Ro?" Harry asked.

"Here." I said as I stood up and walked over to them.

We had almost reached the portrait hole when a voice spoke from the chair nearest us.

"I can't believe you're going to do this, Harry." A familiar voice said.

A lamp flickered on. It was Hermione, wearing a pink dressing - gown and a frown.

"How long have you been there?" I demanded.

I hadn't even noticed her.

"You! Go back to bed!" Ron said furiously.

"I almost told your brother, Percy – he's a Prefect, he'd put a stop to this." Hermione snapped.

"Come on." Harry said to Ron and I.

Harry pushed open the portrait of the Fat Lady and climbed through the hole. Ron and I followed him. I knew Hermione would follow us, she's not one to give up easily.

"Don't you care about Gryffindor? Do you only care about yourselves? I don't want Slytherin to win the House Cup and you'll lose all the points I got from Professor McGonagall for knowing about Switching Spells." Hermione hissed.

"Sorry, Hermione. Already lost those from throwing water balloons and Dungbombs from the banister on the second floor." I said, smiling innocently.

"You are unbelievable sometimes, Ro." Hermione seethed.

"Go away." Ron said.

"All right, but I warned you, you just remember what I said when you're on the train home tomorrow, you're so –" Hermione said, but what we were, we didn't find out.

Hermione had turned to the portrait of the Fat Lady to get back inside and found herself facing an empty painting. The Fat Lady had gone on a night - time visit and Hermione was locked out of Gryffindor Tower.

"Now what am I going to do?" Hermione asked shrilly.

"That's your problem." Ron said.

"We've got to go, we're going to be late." I said.

We hadn't even reached the end of the corridor when Hermione caught up with us.

"I'm coming with you." Hermione said.

"Sure." I said, absent mindedly but Ron also spoke at the same time as me.

"You are not." Ron said.

"D'you think I'm going to stand out here and wait for Filch to catch me? If he finds all three of us I'll tell him the truth, that I was trying to stop you and you can back me up." Hermione said.

"You've got some nerve –" Ron said loudly.

"Shut up, both of you!" Harry said sharply.

"The whole point of sneaking around is to be quiet. Do you want to wake up the whole castle?" I hissed.

"Well, yes, that's one thing but I heard something." Harry said.

It was a sort of snuffling.

"Mrs Norris?" Ron breathed, squinting through the dark.

It wasn't Mrs Norris. It was Neville. He was curled up on the floor, fast asleep, but jerked suddenly awake as we crept nearer.

"Thank goodness you found me! I've been out here for hours. I couldn't remember the new password to get in to bed." Neville said with incomprehensible relief.

"Keep your voice down, Neville. The password's 'Pig snout' but it won't help you now, the Fat Lady's gone off somewhere." I said, gently.

"How's your arm?" Harry said.

"Fine. Madam Pomfrey mended it in about a minute." Neville said, showing us.

"Good – well, look, Neville, we've got to be somewhere, we'll see you later –" Ron said.

"Don't leave me! I don't want to stay here alone, the Bloody Baron's been past twice already." Neville said, scrambling to his feet.

Ron looked at his watch and then glared furiously at Hermione and Neville.

"If either of you get us caught, I'll never rest until I've learnt that Curse of the Bogies Quirrell told us about and used it on you." Ron threatened.

"I already know it." I said, shrugging.

"Then I'll get Ro to use it on you." Ron amended.

I raised my eyebrow at him. I didn't take orders. From anyone.

Hermione opened her mouth, perhaps to tell Ron exactly how to use the Curse of the Bogies, but Harry hissed at her to be quiet and beckoned us all forward. We flitted along corridors striped with bars of moonlight from the high windows. At every turn I expected to run into Filch or Mrs Norris, but we were lucky.

We sped up a staircase to the third floor and tiptoed towards the trophy room. Malfoy and Crabbe weren't there yet. The crystal trophy cases glimmered where the moonlight caught them. Cups, shields, plates and statues winked silver and gold in the darkness. We edged along the walls, keeping our eyes on the doors at either end of the room. Harry took out his wand in case Malfoy leapt in and started at once. The minutes crept by.

"He's late, maybe he's chickened out." Ron whispered.

Then a noise in the next room made us jump. At this point I had grabbed my own wand and raised it. Harry had only just raised his wand when we heard someone speak and it wasn't Malfoy.   

"Sniff around, my sweet, they might be lurking in a corner."

It was Filch speaking to Mrs Norris. Horror - struck, I waved madly at the other four to follow me as quickly as possible. We scurried silently towards the door away from Filch's voice. Neville's robes had barely whipped round the corner when we heard we heard Filch enter the trophy room.       

"They're in here somewhere, probably hiding." We heard Filch mutter.

"This way!" I mouthed to the others and, petrified, we began to creep down a long gallery full of suits of armour.

I had made sure to memerize the best escape roots and Jason and Jacob have also shown me one of the secret passageways.

We could hear Filch getting nearer. Neville suddenly let out a frightened squeak and broke into a run. Neville tripped, grabbed Ron around the waist and the pair of them toppled right into a suit of armour. The clanging and crashing were enough to wake the whole castle.

"RUN!" Harry yelled and the five of us sprinted down the gallery, not looking back to see whether Filch was following.

We swung around the doorpost and galloped down one corridor then another, Harry in the lead without any idea where we were or where we were going. We ripped through a tapestry and found ourselves in a hidden passageway. Huh, this isn't the one I was shown. Cool.

We hurtled along it and came out near our Charms classroom, which we knew was miles from the trophy room. I made a mental note of the entrances and exits of that passageway.

"I think we've lost him." Harry panted, leaning against the cold wall and wiping his his forehead.

Neville was bent double, wheezing and spluttering.

"I – told – you. I – told – you." Hermione gasped, clutching at the stitch in her chest.

"We've got to get back to Gryffindor Tower, quickly as possible." Ron said.

"Malfoy tricked you. You realise that, don't you? He was never going to meet you – Filch knew someone was going to be in the trophy room, Malfoy must have tipped him off." Hermione said.

"Really, Hermione? You think so? Whatever gave you that idea?" I said, sarcastically.

"Let's go." Harry said.

It wasn't going to be that simple. We hadn't gone more than a dozen paces when a doorknob rattled and something came shooting out of a classroom in front of us.

It was Peeves.

He caught sight of us and gave a squeal of delight.

"Shut up, Peeves – please – you'll get us thrown out." Hermione said.

Peeves cackled.

"Wandering around at midnight, ickle firsties? Tut, tut, tut. Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty." Peeves said.

"Not if you don't give us away, Peeves, please." I said.

"Should tell Filch, I should." Peeves said in a saintly voice, but his eyes glittered wickedly.

"It's for your own good, you know." Peeves said.

"You and I both know you don't car–" I startedto say but was cut off by Ron.

"Get out of the way." Ron snapped, taking a swipe at Peeves – this was a big mistake.

"Ron, no! You idio–" I hissed and was once again cut off but this time by Peeves.

"STUDENTS OUT OF BED! STUDENTS OUT OF BED DOWN THE CHARMS CORRIDOR!" Peeves bellowed.

Ducking under Peeves we ran for our lives, right to the end of the corridor, where we slammed into a door – and it was locked.

"This is it! We're done for! This is the end!" Ron moaned, as they pushed helplessly at the door.

We could hear footsteps, Filch running as fast as he could towards Peeves's shouts.

"Ro, do you still have your wand –" Hermione said, desperately.

"Way ahead of you." I said as I pushed Ron out the way.

"Alohomora!" I said, tapping the lock with my wand.

The lock clicked and the door swung open – we piled through it, shut it quickly and pressed our ears against it, listening.

"Which way did they go, Peeves? Quick, tell me.' Filch said.

"Say 'please'." Peeves said.

"Don't mess me about, Peeves, now where did they go?" Filch demanded.

"Shan't say nothing if you don't say please." Peeves said in his annoying sing-song voice.

"All right–please." Filch said agrivated.

"NOTHING! Ha haaa! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!" Peeves said and we heard the sound of Peeves whooshing away and Filch cursing in rage.

"He thinks this door is locked. I think we'll be OK – get off, Neville!' Harry whispered.

I looked at Neville. He was staring at something behind me, he looked petrified. I turned around – and saw, quite clearly, why. We weren't in a room, we were in a corridor. The forbidden corridor on the third floor. And now we knew why it was forbidden. We were looking straight into the eyes of a monstrous dog, a dog which filled the whole space between ceiling and floor. It had three heads. Three pairs of rolling, mad eyes. Three noses, twitching and quivering in our direction. Three drooling mouths, saliva hanging in slippery ropes from yellowish fangs. It was standing quite still, all six eyes staring at us.

I knew that the only reason we weren't already dead was that our sudden appearance had taken it by surprise, but it was quickly getting over that, there was no mistaking what those thunderous growls meant. I backed up in panic and looked wildly around. I was taken aback when I saw the dog or dogs — it has three bloody heads, is it singular or plural? — was standing on a trap door. So there's a purpose to this dog being here.

We then suddenly fell backwards. Harry slammed the door shut, and we ran, we almost flew, back down the corridor.

Filch must have hurried off to look for us somewhere else because we didn't see him anywhere but we hardly cared. All we wanted to do was put as much space as possible between us and that monster. We didn't stop running until we reached the portrait of the Fat Lady on the seventh floor.

"Where on earth have you all been?" The Fat Lady asked, looking at our dressing - gowns hanging off our shoulders and ourr flushed, sweaty faces.

"Never mind that – pig snout, pig snout." Harry panted, and the portrait swung forward.

We scrambled into the common room and collapsed, trembling into armchairs. It was a while before any of us said anything. Neville, indeed, looked as if he'd never speak again.   

"What do they think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Ron said finally.

"If any dog needs exercise, that one does." I said, laughing slightly as I was still experiencing an adrenaline rush.
Hermione had got both her breath and her bad temper back again.

"You don't use your eyes, any of you, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione snapped.

"Yeah, a trapped door." I said.

"The floor? I wasn't looking at its feet, I was too busy with its heads." Harry snapped.

"No, not the floor. It was standing on a trapdoor, like Ro just said." Hermione said.

"Guarding something most likely." I said.

"Most definitely." Hermione said and
she stood up, glaring at us.

"I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed – or worse, expelled. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed." Her said and stomped back up to the girls dormitory.

"I'm going to have to fix her priorities." I mumbled.

Ron stared after her, his mouth open.     
   "No, we don't mind. You'd think we dragged her along, wouldn't you?" Ron said, indignantly.

I rolled my eyes and then said goodnight.

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 334 24
Rosabella Black is the youngest child of Sirius Black and his only daughter. Her mother was Rosalie Lupin. Twin sister to Remus Lupin. She has four v...
62.4K 1.1K 93
After the fall of the Dark Lord, the murder of the Potter's, Lily's dad, Sirius Black went to Azkaban leaving his one-year-old daughter with best fri...
28.2K 649 54
Liza Prewett has enough to consider without involving the Marauders in her life. Starting her sixth year, she's struggling to hold together her frien...