DECADES OF LOVE ☾ bucky barnes

By FL0WERFIELDS

in which keela blake reunites with an old lover of hers and dives head first into chaos. fem!oc tfatws highes... More

-ˏˋ DECADES OF LOVE ˊˎ-
BACKSTORY
0 | a trip to the past
1 | to give or not to give
2 | hearing the blunt truth
3 | the replacement
4 | a little reunion
5 | first mission as a trio
6 | super-soldiers
7 | an interrupted walk
8 | a visit to isaiah
9 | couples therapy
10 | different teams, different plans
11 | 'hypothetical' talk about jail break
12 | the rich escapee
13 | madripoor
14 | the call that ruined an offer
15 | new person, new offer
16 | the story behind the new serum
17 | bounty hunters
18 | wakandans sighted in riga
19 | scrambling for information
21 | dora milaje
22 | manslaughter and murder
23 | the fight for the shield
24 | taking care of each other
25 | girl talk is the solution to problems
26 | the wilson's boat
27 | long-awaited conversation
28 | better advice than the therapist
29 | karli's plan of distraction
30 | saving the hostages
31 | losing a life for a cause
32 | a speech that needs to be heard
33 | promises
34 | happy ending

20 | finding the serum

2.4K 72 20
By FL0WERFIELDS

CHAPTER 20,

FINDING THE SERUM

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE FOUR ARE currently out on the streets once again but this time not in search for more information, rather on their way to the funeral itself so that they can get a chance to talk to Karli. Neither of the trio have pushed Zemo any further for the stuff he's withholding them from knowing, understanding that they're just going to have to reluctantly trust him.

However, unfortunately enough for them, John Walker and Lemar Hoskins can be seen walking through the streets with their uniform hugging onto their body tightly. It's clear that the two are looking for the small group themselves as they continue pushing the idea onto them that it'd be better if they all work together. Keela merely rolls her eyes at the sight of the replacement Captain America walking towards them, knowing they're going to have to put up with him now that they're far away from home.

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit." John tells them.

"Look who's backtracking on their words, yet again." Keela comments as she scoffs. "You told us to stay out of your way, and here you are getting yourself involved in what we do."

"No more keeping us in the dark." John states, ignoring what she just said. "You can start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

"He technically did that by himself." Bucky replies.

"This better be an unbelievable explanation—" John begins as his voice starts to raise.

"Take it easy." Sam interrupts, pushing him back and away from his friends.

"I know where Karli is." Zemo states and gives no other information that that.

"Where?" John questions.

"All we know is that it's a memorial, so we're going to intercept her there." Sam replies.

"Civilians will be there, which means it's a high risk of casualties." Lemar informs.

John nods. "Alright, we'll move in fast and take her by surprise."

"No, I want to talk to her alone." Sam tells him. "The person closest to her just died, and that means she's vulnerable. Now is the best time to reason with her."

"What? No, wait. Stop!" John refuses as he stops them in their tracks. "I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot that she blew up a building with people still in it."

"Sam, if you walk in there cold, she could kill you." Lemar says.

"And if I go in hot and the operation goes wrong, more people will die." Sam fires back.

"You're both going to let him do this? You're going to let your partner walk into a room with a super-soldier alone?" John questions the Keela and Bucky.

Keela scoffs. "I love how you don't believe a literal Avenger can do this."

"Yeah, he's dealt with far worse." Bucky adds. "And he's not my partner."

"I used to counsel soldiers that were dealing with trauma. This is right in my wheelhouse." Sam informs.

"I know. But I also know those soldiers, which is why I believe this is a bad idea." John argues.

"If he can talk her down, it might be worth a try." Lemar tells him, agreeing with the four.

"Fine." John gives in after hesitation, glancing over at Zemo. "We'll deal with you later."

"I'm sure it will all come to an agreeable conclusion." Zemo says. "However, my associate is just up ahead."

The same young girl that Zemo had spoken to hours before can be seen standing in the archway with her friends lingering nearby. Her nervous eyes are glued onto the adults, noticing how they all tower over her massively and only increase her fear. But she keeps her shoulders back and head held high, remaining strong to give them the information needed in return for the $500 payment being given to her.

The group of adults follow after the little girl through the streets, not a single one of them really deciding to question it as they are getting a lead with this. They enter into another building where they stop in their tracks and split off from the child with a small 'thank you'. Sam continues to advance forwards so that he can go talk to Karli like they aimed, John giving him up to ten minutes to do this otherwise he will intervene.

This then leaves the rest of the adults stuck in a room with one another, and much to Keela's dismay too as that means the replacement 'hero' is with them. Zemo finds himself being restrained to a metal pole with some handcuffs, surprisingly not putting jk a fight in return — he understands the precautions they have to take when it comes to him. Bucky stands guarding the doorway while Keela just sits on the cold steps beside him, fingers fiddling with a hair bobble that was wrapped around her wrist.

Minutes pass of them being in complete silence, not a single one of the five wanting to make any type of conversation. It's clear to anyone that happens to be passing by that tension stands proudly amongst them all. John has been constantly glancing into the room Sam entered while rubbing his eyes, wanting to speak up and say something to the two super-soldiers in the room. And so he does.

"I don't understand how you can let this man out from a cell that was protecting everyone from him, and then proceed to let your partner go into this alone." John tells them.

"We've gone over this already." Keela reminds.

"And I never got a straight answer." John replies, pausing before shaking his head. "No, this isn't right. This is a bad idea."

"It hasn't been ten minutes." Bucky states, not wanting to deal with him. "Just sit tight."

"Don't do that. Don't patronise me." John fires back.

Keela sighs. "He knows what he's doing, believe me."

"I'm going in." John concludes.

The man leans down and picks up the shield that was resting against a nearby wall, fixing the way his helmet sits on his head. He advances forwards towards the doorway with the intention of entering through and interrupting the conversation Sam is aiming to have with Karli. However, Bucky steps forwards and stops him from doing so as Keela rises to her feet in an instance.

"This is all really easy for you guys, isn't it?" John begins. "All that serum running through your veins. Your partner needs backup in there. Do you really want his blood to be on your hands?"

"It won't be because I trust him to do this." Keela replies. "And if he has to fight then I know he'll call us for backup. He's strong, you know? He doesn't need us standing around like some guard dogs."

"He's up against a super-solider, Blake. One of the ones that we had to save you three from up on the trucks." John states.

Before anything else can be said, John pushes past them both and strides into the room where the two stand peacefully talking to one another, allowing different point of views to be listened to. Both Keela and Bucky follow closely behind with protests leaving their mouths as Lemar tries holding them back.

"Karli Morgenthau, you're under arrest." John announces.

"So this is what that was?" Karli questions, stepping backwards with fear. "Tricking me until your backup arrived?"

"No!" Sam denies. "Karli, wait—"

"I think we had enough time to talk." John decides, interrupting him.

The man tries walking forwards to handcuff the girl but she raises her fist and connects it into the shield, sending him flying backwards against the nearest counter. She then takes off running with the aim to get as far away from them as possible, giving herself a small head-start. The two super-soldiers push themselves out of Lemar's grip and chase after Karli with the use of their heightened speed, Sam going a different way in hopes to cut her off.

They leap over multiple obstacles that can be found blocking their path, even pushing through the small crowds of people mourning over the death of Donya. Karli weaves past different corners and down multiples stairs as she tries her best to lose them all from her tail as fast as possible. She had trusted Sam to have a calm conversation and she feels betrayed by the fact he had backup with him.

Eventually, Karli believes that she lost them. Bucky had gotten himself caught up in a larger crowd of people that did not budge from their place, trying to slow him down due to the fact they saw the leader of the group sprinting past. Sam had spent long trying to figure out what hallways lead to specific rooms in a desperate attempt to cut the girl off and inform her about what really happened. Keela, on the other hand, manages to keep up with the redhead and tries to remain quiet by falling behind slightly — she wants to intervene the escape route instead of getting into a fight along the way.

A gunshot then ripples loudly through the air, followed by the sound of multiple more. This makes Keela's eyes widen before bursting through the door with urgency to stop whatever's happening. She finds Karli sitting behind a fallen table with blood seeping out of a bullet wound as Zemo stands nearby with a weapon gripped tightly at hand. Another bullet is fired and causes the girl to run forwards, stepping in front of him to block the view from Karli.

"What the hell are you thinking?" Keela hisses.

"I'm doing what needs to be done." Zemo replies.

"She's still young!" Keela reminds. "There is no need in trying to murder her, especially not we didn't treat you that way despite what you did."

"We both know that I don't care, Keela." Zemo states with a small smirk. "And is that what I think it is?"

In confusion to what he's talking about, the brunette turns around to see blue glass bottles sprawled out all over the concrete floor. She instantly recognises it as the super-soldier serum, remembering how it was contained in a similar way to when it was injected into her veins. Zemo doesn't wait for a response before walking forwards and crushing each one with his foot, glass shards covering the floor.

All of a sudden, the vibranium shield comes soaring out of nowhere and collides into Zemo's face where it knocks him out instantly as he hits the floor. Keela spins around to see Captain America standing there, only causing anger to race through her body once again. He's the cause of why their plan didn't go the way they wanted. If it weren't for him, they would've gotten the information needed to continue their mission.

"We had it under control." Keela states.

"No, you didn't." John refuses. "Your partner could've gotten into a fight back there. I'm just the one that prevented it, so a thank you would be nice."

"Stop calling Sam my partner and start calling him by his name." Keela snaps. "And I would never thank you in a million years because you've done nothing to help us. We had a plan and you ruined it!"

"I don't care about your plan." John fires back.

"Then stay the hell out of our way like you instructed us to." Keela tells him.

John Walker advances forwards, slamming her against the closest metal racks so that a pain shouts up a spine for a moment. His jaw is clenched in anger at the mere sound of her responses. He's always hated the attitude she's had towards him, feeling disrespected.

"I'm the Captain here." John reminds.

"You're no Steve Rogers." Keela states.

Keela shoves him away from her and turns to attend to Zemo when an immense anger races through John's blood at the comparison to her old friend. He throws the shield into the air and allows it to connect with her head just like it did to Zemo, knocking her unconscious where her body slides to the ground. Her back was turned the whole time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Infected By Mal

Fanfiction

21.3K 585 15
After coming home from a date with one of the most eligible surgeons in the country, you drunkenly confess your feelings to one of your fellow Avenge...
124K 3K 29
As Captain America and the Winter Soldier infiltrate the Hydra base that Bucky once called Hell, they find that Zemo has murdered all of the other su...
108K 2.1K 17
family [noun] a group of related things team [verb] come together as a group to achieve a common goal marvel / fem!oc x bucky barnes ...
53.9K 2K 44
-𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐲. -𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲�...