Ghosts

By roxannelove02

They are ghosts, not the fbi and not the mafia, but something greater. They do what others can't do. She's th... More

Aesthetics
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Notice
Thirteen

Eight

1K 36 1
By roxannelove02

Seven's POV

It was already dawn by the time we made it back and Mel was surprisingly awake and in the kitchen.

'What are you doing up so early?' I ask her as she gulps down a glass of water.

'Couldn't sleep. But the real question is, what were you doing with Alex all night?' She asks me, a mischievous smile tugging at her lips.

'Nothing. He followed me, then I thought I was being followed so we had to hide at a place I know.'

'Mmhmm. That's all?'

'Yeah, what else would we be doing? We barely get along.'

'Well, I don't know. First of all, Alex hasn't spent the night with any woman since then.'

'Since when?' I ask, now interested.

'Since Steph, his ex.'

'Why? What happened?'

'Um, I don't know if it's my place to tell.'

'Oh yeah. It's fine. I get it.'

Deep down, I was really curious about what happened between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just came out of the shower with only a towel wrapped around me, when I hear a faint knock on the door.

'Hey, it's me.' Alex's voice says on the other side.

'Um yeah? What's up?' I ask as he walks into my room and sits on the bed.

He looks up and notices the way I'm dressed. His eyes go wide but he quickly recovers and clears his throat.

'Uh I can wait, you should- ' he pointed to my attire,' you know, get dressed?'

'Yeah. Just a minute.'

I hurriedly put on some clothes before walking out.

'So, what did you wanna talk about?' I ask, sitting on the couch opposite him.

'Oh it's just...' he pauses.

'Who were those people who tried to shoot you?'
'I have no idea.'

'You mean to tell me you were almost shot down by random people, while going down an isolated street in the middle of the night?'

'Well no, yeah..'

'Come on, Seven. We both know no one would randomly shoot you unless they have a motive. So who is it?'

'I already told you I don't know.' I say slightly irritated that he was pushing me to tell him.

'Look. I don't care if they chase you or whatever. But you're in my team now, so it's my responsibility, and you have to remember the other members are at stake here. So if there's anything you're not telling me, I suggest you tell me now.'

He was now standing and walking towards me.

'It has nothing to do with you! I will make sure it doesn't affect the team,' I say.  It kinda hurt when he said he doesn't care but again, why would he? I'm just a random ghost agent who recently joined his team.

'I want to know what you're doing, Seven. They found you once, they're gonna follow you again.'

'Why do you care?! I said I'll handle it!' I shout before standing and walking past him and getting my phone.

Before I turn the doorknob to go out, he grasps my wrists and pulls me back. I lose my balance and fall back but he catches me so that my back is now pressed to his front, with his hands on my waist. I can feel my breathing becoming faster and his breath was fanning my neck and shoulder.

'What have you been doing, Seven? You don't have any other missions, as far as I know.' His voice was deep and I could feel the vibrations in his chest.

'Nothing.' I say, firmly. I wriggle out of his hold, but he doesn't let me go. Instead he turns me to face him.

Four's POV

I'm so close to Seven right now and my heart is racing. I don't know what it is but I'm craving her touch so much.

Maybe it's the fact that I almost had a breakdown in my room over the fact that I spent the night with a woman, and not just anyone, but Seven. And the fact that she put a blanket over me last night made my heart flutter. I'm so confused right now.

My team has been telling me to trust her, but I don't. I can't. I know it's because of what happened with Steph, but I don't want to admit it. I don't like feeling like this with her.

I'm supposed to be aware of her, but there's this certain pull and I can't resist it.

Fuck. This is frustrating.

'If you're doing something without me or Boss knowing, it must be important to you. I want in.'

She's hiding something, I know she is. She thinks no one knows that she slips out at midnight, but little does she know, I've been following her around.

I know she followed Boss and I want to know why. As much as I don't like Boss, I also won't let anyone betray our agency. If she's conspiring with someone, I won't let her. She will have to pay.

'Maybe you're just convincing yourself that she's a bad guy so that you won't fall for her,' the little voice in my head tells me but I shake it off.

Seven lets out a sigh, bringing me back to reality.

'Fine. I'll tell you. But this stays between me and you,' she says looking at me pointedly.

'Okay. I won't tell anyone.'

She nods as I make a gesture to show my lips are sealed.

She walks over to her desk and pulls out some files.

'Ugh...I don't know if I should tell you this,' she says looking between me and the files. 'I know you don't trust me.'

'Mmhmm. Maybe I'll trust you more if you tell me?' I ask jokingly.

She keeps a straight face as her fingers skim the surface of the files.

I walk over to her and hold her shoulders, turning her to face me.

'Look at me, Seven. It's true I don't trust you, but maybe after last night and all, I might not suspect you as much, although I'm not certain you won't betray us and all yet.' I admit.

'Betray you?' She asks in disbelief. 'Why the hell would I betray another Ghost agent? I'm not that kind of person!'

'I don't know okay? I just can't help it. You're new to the team, and I haven't really had the best experience with our previous member. I'm sorry I can't trust you a hundred percent but I'll try okay?'

She sighs and shakes her head.

'Here.' She hands me the files and I take it.

There are a few papers that look like background information on some people, and a few pictures. The information is just basic normal stuff but it's the pictures that catch my eye. Are those.. my parents?

'These two are my parents,' she informs me but I can tell she's uncomfortable talking about it. 'I don't know the other two.'

'My parents.' I say, not looking up at her.

'What?'

'They're my parents,' I repeat.

'How? Why?'

'What is all this about?' I ask.

My parents went on a mission and never returned. I was informed that there was a car accident and they died on the spot. I was too young to remember anything.

'I have no idea. My parents...died during a mission 20 years ago. I saw these files on Boss's desk and I wanted to know why he were looking at these.' She says.

20 years ago. That's when I was 8, meaning my parents died at the same time.

'Wait, my parents died in a car accident during a mission too. And that's .....'

'20 years ago.' We say in unison.

'Is it just a pure coincidence or is there more to it?' I ask her.

'I don't know. That's what I want to find out. I hacked into the database but the files on their last mission has been totally wiped out. It's like it never existed.'

'Since both our parents are in this picture, they probably know each other, or maybe they were in the same team. Which means, they could have been in the accident together..or..their accident was not an accident.'

She nods in agreement.

'Okay. So I'll help you.'

'I don't need your help.' She says coldly.

There she goes again. One thing I've noticed about Seven during these few days is that she doesn't show any emotion. The only times I've noticed the slightest emotion is when she gets angry and when she mentioned her parents. She also likes to shut people off. I guess that's why she always worked alone.

'I know. But this isn't just about your parents. It's about mine too. And if it wasn't an accident, I want to find out the real cause too.'

'Fine.'

She told me about the man Boss met up with and everything. We decided to lay low for a while, since we didn't want anyone suspecting us. But we agreed we would investigate more as soon as we can.

'Yo dude. This girl is so pretty,' Liam says showing Blake a picture of some blonde girl.

'You find every girl pretty. Remember just last week you were telling us Seven's hot?' Mel asks him, shaking her head.

I feel a pang of jealousy although I shouldn't. Sure, Seven's hot but why am I feeling jealous over it? My imagination may or may not have run a little bit wild when I saw her in the towel.
Oh, shut up brain.

I call Blake over, but the others are too busy to notice.

'Seven was attacked last night,' I tell him.

'By whom?' Blake asks.

'No idea. Which is why I need you to pull up the CCTV footage and identify them. It's something personal which concerns both me and her,' I say and he raises his eyebrows at me.

'It's not what you think. Now, please find them and don't tell the others yet. I don't want to worry them.'

He nods and heads to his office to do what he needs to.

Comment and Vote!! Comment and Vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 56.1K 63
Her most lethal weapon is herself . . . • • • Agent Eleven was always a loyal Agent for the Division. Until she wasn't. Running and going rogue a y...
Manhunt By Catarina

Teen Fiction

520K 12.9K 46
(Previously known as Secrets and Codes) Young, agent-in-training Julia Evans finds herself being targeted by an enemy agency, throwing her into a mul...
40K 1K 37
Welcome to Lucia Gomez's life. A young special CIA agent. She is one of the youngest and best agents who was raised in The Western Department (TWD). ...
225K 2.4K 6
Two and a half years ago, Clara Stone was offered a deal. Now, Seventeen year old Clara is working at the SSF (Special Secret Forces) as one of their...