Chasing After You

By silentreader8789

Hyun Bin is present in Son Ye Jin's life as a miracle beyond her mind. But the wounds given by Bin made Ye Ji... More

1. Mr.Crush
2. Welcome Back!
3. Long-Lost Lover
4. All I Want is You!
5. The Nightmare
6. Everything Happens for A Reason
7. The Creepy Stalker
8. Shoes Story
9. Hyun Bin vs Gong Yoo
11. All is Revealed!
12. Where is Our Child?
13. Runaway
14. Meeting Gomo
15. A Request
16. Caught Between Two Stools
17. Loving is Not Owning
18. The Obstacles
19. "I do"

10. Trip To Daegu

1.4K 115 32
By silentreader8789

"Why do I have to go to Daegu at the last minute? And I have to go with you?" Ye Jin stormed into Hyun Bin's office.

"Why? Is there a problem with you to go?" Hyun Bin asked without raising his head. Yet he still manages Ye Jin's anger.

"Sun Ah should go but why did you suddenly exchange her with me. This must be your request, right?" Ye Jin accused.

Hyun Bin put down his pen and raised his head, "I don't think there is any need to justify my order for you to go to Daegu. It's part of your job. Besides, to receive instructions from me is also part of your job, right?"

Ye Jin clenched her fists. Even on a normal day, she always wanted to smash Hyun Bin's handsome face, but today she wanted to punch him for a hundred times!

Then Hyun Bin continued, "It's fine with me if you don't want to go. Don't be mad later if people say that you're unprofessional."

"All right! But I hope you should be professional too and don't misuse your power for personal gain." Ye Jin replied a little rudely and left Hyun Bin.

Daegu

After three days of struggling to solve all the problems that arose in the project in Daegu, Ye Jin finally felt relieved. Their work was completed on time. She can go to Mi Kyung Gomo's house and stay there over this weekend.

After finishing packing, Ye Jin reached for her phone to call Hyun Bin. At least she should inform him about her whereabouts, so that Hyun Bin doesn't look for her. Just after the meeting, Hyun Bin suddenly disappeared. He rushed to the hotel room and Ye Jin didn't have time to inform him.

Ye Jin rang for a long time but there was no sign that Hyun Bin picked up the call. Finally, she cut off the call and put her phone in her handbag. Without wasting time, she pulled out her luggage and then walked towards Hyun Bin's room. She'd better knock on Hyun Bin's room and check on him.

Ye Jin rang the bell a few times but Hyun Bun still didn't show up. So, she tried to call again. Still the same. Finally, after many attempts, the door finally opened.

Ye Jin frowned when Hyun Bin appeared behind the door. His face looked lethargic and practically pale.

"Bin, sorry to bother you for a moment. Are you asleep?"

"Oh, Ye Jin ssi! What's the matter?" Hyun Bin asked but his voice clearly sounded lifeless, his eyes were also sunken.

"Bin, are you okay? You look unwell." Question Ye Jin.

"I have a slight fever, and my head is dizzy. That's why after we finished the meeting I went straight up to the room." Hyun Bin's real voice had changed, sounding a little hoarse.

"Bin, I want to let you know that you're going back to Seoul alone. You don't have to buy a flight ticket for me. I'll take care of it later." Ye Jin directed to the main point, she doesn't want to dillydally. The sooner it's resolved, the sooner Hyun Bin can rest.

"Ye Jin ssi, why?"

"I have something here, I'll come back later." Ye Jin did not want to further her explanation. After all, it didn't important for Hyun Bin to know.

"Ye Jin ssi, where are you going? At least I know where you are. It's my responsibility to ensure your safety." Although unhealthy, Hyun Bin is more worried about Ye Jin.

"You don't have to worry about me. I can take care of myself."

"Ye Jin ssi ..." Hyun Bin said in a shrivelled voice, asking Ye Jin to cooperate.

"Okay! I want to visit my Gomo. I'm staying there until this weekend. I'll be back on Sunday. Are you satisfied?" Ye Jin was a little annoy, furious at being forced to do so.

"Then I'll send you. Wait a minute." Hyun Bin spun back into the room to get his keys and wallet.

"No need, Bin. You are not well. I can go on my own." Ye Jin stopped Hyun Bin.

"But, I'm worried about you." Hyun Bin spoke slowly, asking for Ye Jin's understanding.

For Hyun Bin, he wants Ye Jin to always be within his sight. He will lose direction in life if Ye Jin disappears for a moment. There was no way he let his beloved woman go on her own. Oh, definitely not!

"No, you should worry about yourself. You're sick. You should see a doctor." Ye Jin advised.

She continued, "Bin, I'll go first. See you next week."

Then she left Hyun Bin alone. However, just a few steps away, she stopped.

"Aigo, I don't think I should leave a sick person like that."

She took out her phone eventually to call her Gomo.

"Annyeonghaseyo ... Gomo, I'm sorry. I expect that I'll be home a little late. If it's too late, I'll be back tomorrow." Ye Jin informed about her delay.

"Why? I've cooked your favourite food for tonight."

"Gomo, my boss suddenly has a fever. I feel pity for him. So, I want to take him to the clinic first. Then I will go to Gomo's house." Ye Jin explained the situation.

"Hmm ... Ye Jin ah, after going to the clinic, bring your boss here with you. We can take care of your boss." Mi Kyung Gomo's suggestion makes Ye Jin trapped.

"No need Gomo. It's kind enough for me to take him to the clinic." Ye Jin opposed.

"Ye Jin ah, why would you say so? That's unkind." Mi Kyung Gomo scolded, she didn't like Ye Jin said rudely.

"Gomo... My boss is a man! Gomo still insist to invite him?" Ye Jin questioned once again, trying to block her Gomo's nice idea.

"That's nothing wrong. He can stay in Gong Yoo's room. Pity for him. After all there is nothing wrong with doing good deeds." Mi Kyung Gomo insisted.

"Algesso... algesso, Gomo. I'll bring him later. See you later Gomo."

Ye Jin sighed. Alas, she didn't think that things were planned, but other things would happen. It's really troublesome!

After a while, she turned back into Hyun Bin's room. She pressed the bell twice, finally the dull and lifeless face of the man appeared in front of the door.

"Pack your bag now. I'm taking you to see a doctor. Then you follow me to my Gomo's house." Without greeting, Ye Jin ordered Hyun Bin to get ready.

Hyun Bin was blurred, "Huh?"

"Do you want to come with me or not?" Ye Jin questioned impatiently.

"Uh-huh... Alright!" Although he didn't really understand the situation, Hyun Bin just followed the instruction.

Hyun Bin's movements are a bit slower than usual due to not being very healthy. Ye Jin took Hyun Bin's bag, "I'll bring your bag."

"It's okay, Ye Jin ssi. I just have a fever instead of broken arm." Hyun Bin wanted to stop Ye Jin.

But Ye Jin still insisted. She then put his bag on her luggage. Finally, Hyun Bin agreed as well.

"You still concern for me, right?" In a state of pain, Hyun Bin teases Ye Jin.

"Excuse me, Bin... First, I ask you to follow because my Gomo insists. Then, I'm helping you to carry your bag because you're sick. So, don't be proud!" Ye Jin sniffed and continued walking without waiting for Hyun Bin.

Although Ye Jin's words sounded harsh, but Hyun Bin knew behind the words, his beloved woman still had a sense of sympathy and concern for him. That was more than enough to feel happy in his heart.

Mi Kyung Gomo's house...

They safely arrived at Mi Kyung Gomo's house before dusk. After taking Hyun Bin to the clinic earlier, they continued their journey to Mi Kyung Gomo's house.

"Please come in, Sajangnim. Sorry if our house is not comfortable for you." Mi Kyung Gomo kindly invited Hyun Bin to come in.

"Gwenchana, Gomo. I'm grateful enough when Gomo inviting me. Don't be so formal with me, just call me B... "

Ye Jin interrupted first, "Hyun ssi. His name is Hyun ssi."

Hyun Bin glanced at Ye Jin for a moment. Strange. Ye Jin doesn't seem to want to introduce him by the name of Bin. Yet he felt no need for him to question Ye Jin's actions. Thus, he just obeyed.

"Yes, Gomo. I'm Hyun." Hyun Bin smiled.

"Hyun ssi, get a rest first. You are not well either. We can talk later after you're healthy."

Then Mi Kyung Gomo's attention turned to Ye Jin, "Ye Jin ah, show the room to Hyun ssi."

Although Ye Jin unhappy with Hyun Bin's presence at her Gomo's house, she just obeys the instructions and takes Hyun Bin to Gong Yoo's room.

"If you want anything, you can call me later. Have a rest." Ye Jin left Hyun Bin alone in Gong Yoo's room and headed to the kitchen looking for Mi Kyung Gomo.

"Ye Jin ah, come here." Mi Kyung Gomo called when she saw her niece entered the kitchen.

"Gomo, what are you cooking for dinner tonight?" Ye Jin excited. When she visited here, Mi Kyung Gomo's cuisine was her most favourite food.

"I've already prepared porridge for Hyun ssi. Please put it in a bowl and give it to him. Ask him to eat before taking the medicine." Mi Kyung Gomo is very attentive to her guest.

Ye Jin had to follow her Gomo's orders even though her heart was rebellious.

"Ye Jin ah, why do you kind of dislike Hyun ssi very much? Is there anything that I don't know?" Mi Kyung Gomo already suspected Ye Jin.

Ye Jin's behaviour towards her boss was different. As far as Mi Kyung Gomo knows Ye Jin's personality, Ye Jin has never treated people so badly.

Ye Jin scratched her head, she didn't expect a question like this to come out.

"Huh, that's nothing. Gomo, I take this porridge to Hyun ssi first." Ye Jin took the opportunity to escape.

Ye Jin sighed in relief when she was able to avoid Mi Kyung Gomo's question. Although she must sacrifice herself to meet Hyun Bin again, but it's okay than she has to answer Mi Kyung Gomo's question. If she makes a mistake, everything will be revealed.

Ye Jin arrived in front of the room. She knocked but got no response. Then she opened the room door boldly to observe the situation in the room.

As expected, Hyun Bin was asleep. The man was seen lying casually with one hand placed on his forehead.

Without asking permission, Ye Jin immediately entered the room. She placed the tray carefully on the nightstand table next to the bed. She thinks that when Hyun Bin wakes up later, he can eat the porridge.

Ye Jin's movement made Hyun Bin wake up from his nap.

In the unconscious state, Hyun Bin can still recognize Ye Jin, "Ye Jin ssi, what are you doing?"

"Ooh, you're awake. Sorry for disturbing your sleep. Gomo has prepared porridge for you. Please eat when it's still hot. And after that, don't forget to take your medicine." Ye Jin prompted and gave commands to Hyun Bin.

Hyun Bin moved slowly to get up. Ye Jin just crossed her arms looking at Hyun Bin's slow movement, she had no signs of helping.

He leaned back at the head of the bed, then looked at Ye Jin. He made eyes movement, asking Ye Jin's help to get the bowl of porridge.

Ye Jin grunted a little. But she still according to Hyun Bin's request. A bowl of porridge is taken and served to Hyun Bin. But Hyun Bin didn't take the bowl from Ye Jin's hand. He's intentionally wanting to be sweet with Ye Jin.

"Ye Jin ssi, I don't feel very well. Feed me, please?" Hyun Bin lowered his voice, acting like he was very sick. At the end, he managed to cough as well.

Ye Jin pursed her lips, furious, "You just have a fever instead of broken arm. Please, don't make it up."

Once again, the bowl was handed to Hyun Bin. Finally, he took the bowl and eat the porridge on his own.

Seeing that Hyun Bin has already started eating porridge, Ye Jin is satisfied. Hyun Bin seems to have an appetite and manages to finish Gomo's porridge. Thankfully, Hyun Bin still has an appetite even in pain.

A few moments later, Ye Jin handed over the medicine and boiled water she had just taken. Without much question, Hyun Bin obeyed the order like a little boy.

"You're done. I want to go out. If you want anything, you look for me outside." Ye Jin ordered before leaving with an empty bowl and cup on her hands.

"Ye Jin ssi..."

Ye Jin turned back towards Hyun Bin, "Yes, what else do you want?"

Hyun Bin grinned slightly. Meanwhile, Ye Jin frowned and didn't understand.

"What's wrong with you, Bin?"

"The man with you last week was your cousin, wasn't he?" Hyun Bin suddenly issued an unexpected question.

"Huh? Do you mean Gong Yoo Oppa?"

Hyun Bin nodded his head.

"How do you know?" Ye Jin wondered. It felt like she had never talked about Gong Yoo. In fact, Mi Kyung Gomo didn't even mention Gong Yoo's name before.

Hyun Bin pursed his lips towards the desk. When Ye Jin turned around, Gong Yoo's picture frame was there. No wonder...

Ye Jin doesn't understand why Hyun Bin suddenly raises the question of her relationship with Gong Yoo, "So, why?"

"Phew...At least I know, he's nobody to you." Hyun Bin smiled broadly.

"But Gong Yoo Oppa is my Gomo adopted son. So, he has a chance." Ye Jin replied confidently and walked away.

Hyun Bin get annoyed because Ye Jin obviously wanted to arouse his jealousy. However, he was still able to breathe a sigh of relief. His heart is strong saying that Gong Yoo is only considered as a family member by Ye Jin, nothing more than that.

*********************************************************************

The next morning, Hyun Bin woke up with a slightly refreshed body. It seems that his fever has subsided, and his body is back to normal. He only has the flu.

After taking a shower, Hyun Bin went straight out to the kitchen. He intends to find Mi Kyung Gomo to chat with. Yesterday he didn't get a chance to have a long chat with Ye Jin's aunt.

"Good morning, Gomo." Hyun Bin greeted Mi Kyung Gomo who was busy arranging food containers that were ready to be cooked on the dining table.

Mi Kyung Gomo gave a smile to the young man, "Good morning Hyun ssi. Let's sit here."

"Thank you. Gomo, where is Ye Jin ssi? I haven't seen her." Hyun Bin asked while pulling up a chair to sit down.

"Ahh... She just went out. She wanted to pay her respect by visiting the graveyard where her parents and her adeul was laid to rest."

Hyun Bin's eyes widened when he heard the last words that came out of Mi Kyung Gomo's mouth. Yesterday's fever was enough to affect his hearing, wasn't it? He misheard.

Or

Is there something he missed? He did break up with Ye Jin for almost eight years but...

Somehow... Argh, never mind! Don't say that Ye Jin has been married and had a child before?

"Gomo, I beg your pardon." Hyun Bin asked again asked for certainty.

"Huh, what did I say just now? Err... Ye Jin went to visit her Appa's and Eomma's grave. Hyun ssi, have your breakfast first. You better not to wait Ye Jin." Mi Kyung Gomo looked a little confused, but she quickly covered up. She just realized that she had revealed about it.

Hyun Bin nodded, not wanting to ask again when Mi Kyung Gomo didn't seem to want to elaborate it. After all he is not anyone to ask more. He is still categorized as an outsider in Ye Jin's family. It is not appropriate for him to ask all kinds of questions.

"How long has Ye Jin been out, Gomo?"

"A few minutes ago. Why? Do you want to wait for her?"

"No, Gomo. If so, I'm joining Ye Jin. I also want to pay a respect to Ye Jin's parents." Hyun Bin conveyed his intentions.

From the beginning, while Ye Jin was telling the story of her late father and mother, Hyun Bin kept the intention to visit their graves. But he didn't think that he would get a chance that soon.

A few minutes later, Hyun Bin left after getting directions from Mi Kyung Gomo. The place is not far from where they live.

From outside, Hyun Bin could see Ye Jin sitting near one of the graves there. He stepped towards Ye Jin slowly.

"Ye Jin ssi..."

Ye Jin raised her head and she was surprised by Hyun Bin's unexpected presence

"Bin, why did you come here?"

A sweet smile appeared on Hyun Bin's lips, "I want to pay a respect to your parents."

Ye Jin was speechless. Finally, she allowed Hyun Bin to be with her there. She glanced at Hyun Bin. That man's eyes were closed. Hyun Bin looked like he was drifting with his mind. It was as if the man was having a monologue in his heart.

Then, Hyun Bin stared at the two graves for a long time. Like there is indescribable remorse and sadness.

'Abeoji, Eomeoni ... I'm sorry for hurting your daughter's heart all this time and I didn't get chance to meet you both. I have sinned against you, Abeoji, Eomeoni... Abeoji, Eomeoni, please bless our relationship. I really love your daughter so much. I will protect and take care of her for the rest of my life.'

Few minutes later, Ye Jin gave an eye signal to Hyun Bin to let him know that she already wanted to leave.

"Eomma, Appa... I'm leaving now. I will come again later." Ye Jin's voice was a little teary.

Ye Jin started moving. However, just a few steps, she turned towards Hyun Bin who was next to her. She looked waver.

"Bin, can you go back first? I want to stay just a little bit longer."

"Ye Jin ssi, I can accompany you."

Ye Jin felt completely wrong. But if Hyun Bin has insisted, she seems to have to follow that man's wishes. She didn't want to waste time arguing with him.

"Err... Bin, actually... that way." Ye Jin pointed to the children's graveyard side.

They arrived at one of the children's grave. Hyun Bin read the name written on the tombstone.

Jin Woo.

"Ye Jin ssi, whose grave is this?" Spontaneously, the question came out of Hyun Bin's lips even though if he could, he wanted to refrain from asking Ye Jin too much.

"You don't have to know, Bin." Ye Jin's voice was a little melancholy.

'Jin Woo ya, Eomma came to visit you. Your Appa is here. Please greet him from up there, Jin Woo ya.'

Hyun Bin looked at Ye Jin. It looks like that woman's eyes are already glassy. He just stood behind Ye Jin while watching that woman. Now, Ye Jin is more emotional and her cheeks are wet with tears. Makes Hyun Bin even more wondering.

Suddenly he remembered last night incident. As he slept soundly, he was startled by Ye Jin's loud screams who cried.

The details of Ye Jin's conversation were not very clear to his ears, but it was clear that Ye Jin seemed to have a nightmare and then screamed and cried.

Although his head was still a little heavy, he rushed out of the room and wanted to go see Ye Jin's condition. In the middle of the way he collides with Mi Kyung Gomo. He asks permission to check on Ye Jin but Mi Kyung Gomo assures him that Ye Jin is just having a nightmare and she will calm down her niece.

Hyun Bin felt restless and kept waiting in front of Ye Jin's room after Mi Kyung Gomo entered. He heard Mi Kyung Gomo's voice trying to soothe Ye Jin who was still crying. In front of Ye Jin's door, he finally heard clearly the details of Ye Jin's cries.

"Appa, I'm sorry... Forgive me...."

"I have made a mistake, Appa. I have sinned against you... I'm a rebellious daughter... "

Hyun Bin frowned when he heard Ye Jin's moan. After a while, Ye Jin's voice slackened and became silent for a long time. Maybe Mi Kyung Gomo has managed to calm Ye Jin and Ye Jin back to sleep.

Hyun Bin sighed softly while his eyes were still staring at Ye Jin who was still faithfully caressing the tombstone. To be honest, since reuniting with Ye Jin, Hyun Bin sees that woman has changed a lot.

Ye Jin is a cheerful and happy go lucky person before. But now, Ye Jin prefers to be alone and drowning in her emotions. Sometimes Hyun Bin could see the sadness behind the her eyes.

Hyun Bin wonders what Ye Jin has been through for the past eight years. If he was given a chance, he wanted to know what happened so he could share that feeling with Ye Jin.

Seeing Ye Jin like that, the more he wanted to dive into the bottom of that woman's heart. He wants to move all the aches and pains in Ye Jin's heart to him as long as Ye Jin no longer bears it.

Ye Jin sat there for a long time entertaning her feelings. The sky was getting darker, Hyun Bin reprimanded Ye Jin to go home. Ye Jin complied even though her heart was heavy to leave.

Finally, Hyun Bin dared to ask after they were both out of from the graveyard, "Ye Jin ssi, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Bin. But please don't ask me anything. I'm fine and will be fine, you don't need to worry." Ye Jin replied.

Hyun Bin nodded at Ye Jin's request despite there are thousands of questions that popped up in his mind.

Is it true that he guessed about Ye Jin having been married before? Was the little boy's grave just Ye Jin's son's grave? Still, Hyun Bin doesn't want to make any speculations before he knows the real story.

"Bin..." Ye Jin's melancholy voice calling his name.

"Yes, Ye Jin ssi?"

"Thank you for visiting. I really appreciate that."

Then Ye Jin gave a beautiful smile to Hyun Bin. The sweetest smile that Ye Jin ever gave during their meeting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 9.1K 59
All Ye Jin wanted was to lead a simple life. Have an average job, an average family, an average life. But what happens when she gets caught in a sche...
22.8K 407 53
She went back to S.Korea to further her studies not knowing that she will meet him.
819 34 28
Where Hyunjin meets his ex-girlfriend back in high school, which makes him fall in love all over again. (Story is finished)
55.7K 2.5K 13
When Ye Jin raised her head and looked at him, she felt that her heart was home. She came to a conclusion that for this man, she would give it her al...