Shifted | Marvel

By SirNickFlurry

Shifting (verb) "The act of moving one's consciousness from this current reality (CR) to one's desired realit... More

β˜…π‘Ίπ’‰π’Šπ’‡π’•π’†π’…β˜…
S.H.I.E.L.D file (2010)
1. Son of Coul and Patchy (2010)
2. Trypanophobia (2010)
4. New Mexico (2010)
5. Keeping up with the Odinsons (2010)
6. Agent Romanoff (2010)
7. Meow, meow (2010)
S.H.I.E.L.D file (2012)
8. Friends close, enemies closer (2012)
9. Assembling (2012)
10. Loki (2012)
11. What's his play? (2012)
12. The fight on the bridge (2012)
13. Suit up (2012)
14. Assemble (2012)
15. Final battle (2012)

3. Randy's Donuts (2010)

71 6 2
By SirNickFlurry

(First person POV)

Again, I hate P freaking E.

Chiara Ayla is the one that trains the new S.H.I.E.L.D recruits. And damn, I feel like I'm in the army.

'These people chose to become agents.'

'I'm hungry.'

Are just some of the thoughts going through my head before tripping and hitting the ground, hard. I hear small chuckles coming from some of the rookies as they pass me by.

"Shit," I say while getting up, and looking at the cuts on my knees and hands.

Note to self: you can still feel pain, don't get hurt.

"I'm gonna die."

I've only ran three laps and I'm already exhausted as hell. I sneak away from the rest of the group and enter the building, on my way to the hospital room.

When I enter the room on the second floor, I hear a familiar voice speak.

"Aren't you supposed to be training?" Sharon asks, leaning on the doorframe.

"Yes, but I got badly injured, like really badly," I say, showing her the wounds on my hands and knees.

"Oh, that seems deadly," she says with a smile.
"Wait, I'll help you," she steps towards me as she sees I am struggling with the wipes.

She helps me clean the wounds and cover them up.

As I lean down to tie my shoes, Sharon points at my neck.

"How'd you get that?"

"What?" I ask, sitting up to look at her.

"The scar."

"Oh, um ..." I let my fingers touch the long pink scar on the side of my neck, "my aunt told me that as a kid, I once fell while playing in the woods," It sounds weird to say, since I don't remember getting it.

"Your aunt told you that?" She asks, frowning her eyebrows.

"Uh, yeah, I live with my aunt. Complications in the past." I shrug.

She gives me a smile and at the same moment, my watch gives two short beeps.

"Fury needs you," she says nodding at the watch.

"Ofcourse he does," I answer, jumping of the bench and washing my hands.

"I'll say you later, Triana," Sharon says, while leaving the room.

"It's Eleandra, or Andie, or El ...you know what, you can choose!" I yell back.

I let my fingers touch the scar one last time before trying to forget it again. I don't need to look up the address. I know exactly where I gotta be. And it's perfectly timed since I'm still hungry.

(Third person POV)

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the donut," director Fury yells at the man in the iron suit sitting in the giant donut, eating smaller donuts.

When Tony Stark looks over his glasses, both men hear the sounds of a vehicile nearing. Just a couple of seconds later, a small figure on a way to big motorbike stops a couple of feet away from the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Wooh, that was awesome," 'Eleandra Brooke' says while taking of her helmet.
"Definitely gonna do that again."

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"You wanted me here, so I got here in ..." she looks at her watch, "...20 minutes?"

"By stealing a S.H.I.E.L.D vehicle," the director exclaims.

"Borrowing," the teenager corrects while looking at the billionaire struggling to get out of the donut.

"You should've asked first,"

"I did ask,"

"Who did you ask?" Fury asks, frowning his eyebrows.

"Jimmy," the teenager answers quietly.

"Jimmy who?"

"Jimmy with the white hair and the mustache."

"Jimmy the janitor?" Director Fury asks loudly while opening the front door and entering the donutshop.

"Yup,"

"He's gonna get fired," the director says before getting himself some coffee.

Tony Stark holds open the door for the teenager to enter with the words "Après vous."

"Ooh, French? Gracias," she pats him on the metal chest before also entering the shop.

"Where did you even learn how to ride a motorbike?" the director asks whilst sitting himself down at one of the boots.

"I didn't. It's a miracle I am still alive," she says scoffing, hearing a loud sigh coming from Fury's direction.

Tony Stark sits himself on the seat facing the eye-patched man and Fury hands him a coffee aswell.

"I told you I don't wanna join your super secret boyband," Stark immediately starts looking at the eye-patched man.

Nick Fury chuckles and keeps the conversation going.

The girl isn't listening, clearly searching for something.

"Damnit! Oh, nevermind" She exclaims as she holds up a pink donut. "The pink ones are the best!"

The only thing she really hears from the ongoing conversation is Fury saying:
"I am very real, I'm the realest person you're ever gonna meet."

"Ha," she exclaims, receiving a glance from the director.

She sits herself on the counter and takes some bites from her donut.

"Where's the staff here?" is the last thing Tony says before the three people in the restaurant are accompanied by an in a catsuit dressed woman.

The girls eyes and mouth go wide at the sight of Natasha Romanoff.

"We secured the perimeter, but I don't think we should hold it for too much longer," the redhead says.

(First person POV)

I think I just unalived.

Natasha freaking Romanoff. Queen Russia herself.

She's right here, in front of me, alive and well, looking even more stunning in person.

Stark, again, looks over his glasses before giving a comical 'huh',

Fury actually smiles, obviously amused by Tony's reaction.

Natasha still looking like the bad bitch she is.

And then me, still with my eyes and mouth wide open, fangirling over Black Widow.

"You're fired," Tony says as if he doesn't know what else to say.

"That's not up to you," she says before taking a seat next to Fury.

"Tony, Eleandra, I want you to meet agent Romanoff."

I jump of the counter and wiggle myself on the bench next to Tony.

"Hi," me and Tony say in unison.

"I'm a S.H.I.E.L.D shadow. Once we know you were ill, I was tasked to you by Director Fury," Natasha explains to the man who never knew her as anyone but his assistant, Natalie Rushman.

"I suggest you apologise."

"She's not gonna do that,' I tell Tony, knowing I'm speaking facts.

Natasha looks at me a gives me one of her personal smirks.

Dead.

"You've been very busy. You made you girl your CEO. You let your friend fly away with your suit. Now, if I didn't know better," Fury says, pointing a finger at Stark

"You don't know better," Tony tries to defend himself," I didn't give it to him, he took it."

"Whoa, he took it?" Director Fury exclaims
"You're Iron Man and he just took your suit? The little brother walked in, kicked your ass and took it?

"It's true," I say shrugging.

Both the director and agent of S.H.I.E.L.D look at me in confusion.

"Is that even possible?" Fury asks, looking at Natasha.

"According to Mr. Stark's database security guidelines there are redundancies to prevent unauthorised usage," she responds as if she's saying the alphabet.

Fury gives stark an 'exactly' look.

"Whoa, that were a lot of difficult words," I comment, again gaining a smirk from Natasha.

"What do you want from me?" Tony asks while Natasha gets up and walks towards the back exit, her hair bouncing on her shoulders.

"Nah-uh, what do you want from me?" Fury says, pointing to Tony and then to himself.

I take another bit from my donut as Fury keeps lecturing Stark as if he's a kid that just drew on the wall.

"I have bigger problems than you in the southwest region to deal with," Fury says before snapping his fingers and ordering Natasha to "hit him."

Tony yells as Natasha injects him with 'insert difficult word'

"Oh, God, you're gonna steal my kidney and sell it."

"That would make good money,' I respond, getting a terrified look from Tony

"Could you please not do anything awful for five seconds?" Stark begs from Natasha, still having a worried look on his face.

"What did she just do to me?"

"For you," Fury corrects.
"That's lithium dioxide. It's gonna take the edge off. We're trying to get you back to work."

"Give me a box of that and I'll be right as rain."

"It's not a cure, it just abates the symptoms," Natasha explains.

"Doesn't look like it's gonna be an easy fix,"

"Trust me, I know, I'm good at this stuff," Tony begins
"I've been looking for a suitable replacement for palladium and I've tried every combination, every permutation of every known element."

"Well, I'm here to tell you, you haven't tried them all," Fury says, letting the corners of his mouth curl up for a brief moment.

"Look, why am I here?" I ask while Natasha gets up and leaves the restaurant, giving me and Tony a final smile.

"Because Coulson needs you. Someone'll come pick you up," Fury says after telling Stark they're gonna talk further at his place.

"That doesn't explain why I'm here," I say raising my eyebrows.

"I wanted you to meet agent Romanoff first," he explains
"She will contact you later."

"Really? That's the best idea you've ever had," I say while standing up and getting ready to go wherever they need me.

"Don't you wanna know where you have to go?" Fury asks

"Oh, I know," I give him a smirk.
"New Mexico right? Bye Mr. Stark, bye Nick,"

"Call me Tony," I hear Tony say

"Call me Fury," Fury yells after him.

I leave the shop and immediately catch sight of the dark truck. The window rolls down and the magical voice of John Denver reaches my ears.

I instantly recognise the man at the wheel. Short brown hair, sunglasses covering his blue eyes and a smirk on his lips.

The Katniss, the Legolas, the Robin Hood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hiraeth By Bianca Miller

Science Fiction

157 9 8
Katherine woke up one day only to find herself in the wrong reality. A reality where characters from her favorite franchise, the MCU, are very much r...
95.4K 4.2K 33
"I'm sorry that my unexpected fall has caused inconvenience to your life because trust me, I'm not having a good time either!" She fell from one worl...
10.8K 838 21
Loki was used to feeling like the odd man out. Once the team finally let him join them he had quickly forged a friendship with Bucky, and spent his s...